[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Tensor

doesn't she say that every episode?

Yes, that was my point.  I was just teasing her.

You seem to see things in black and white, they are happy or they aren't. The nuance is in the gray you can be happy and still have trouble it isn't until the troubles out weigh the happiness that grey turns to black

Actually no, I do see the naunce.  That's the reason why I don't think they were unhappy this season.  I am not here nitpicking and pointing out every single time that Amy might have been annoyed or frustrated just think that she is unhappy.  I see those things as normal everyday interactions between two human beings in relationships and that they don't mean that people are unhappy or that those little things are the building blocks to impending doom or breakdown of the relationship.  It's not like I am seeing this puke worth constant state of sunshine and rainbows.  I wouldn't ship that either because it rings unrealistic.

Edited by nickelette424

Yes, that was my point.  I was just teasing her.

Actually no, I do see the naunce.  That's the reason why I don't think they were unhappy this season.  I am not here nitpicking and pointing out every single time that Amy might have been annoyed or frustrated just think that she is unhappy.  I see those things as normal everyday interactions between two human beings in relationships and that they don't mean that people are unhappy or that those little things are the building blocks to impending doom or breakdown of the relationship.  It's not like I am seeing this puke worth constant state of sunshine and rainbows.  I wouldn't ship that either because it rings unrealistic.

Weather or not you or I see it (which honestly I didn't see it either) is basically beside the point

It hapened, TPTB say/imply that  these are are the reasons for it.... So they are

We didnt see it makes NO diffrence it is thier show I don't llike the north sea kiss but they wrote it, it happened and it is canon so I learned to deal you need to do the same.

They are fictional charectors the writers can make the truth whatever they want, change the past all it takes is the stroke of a pen.

Many shippers on both sides of the hall need to listen to the words of the great William Shatner when he saidsaid "get a life"

ItIt's only a show why get yourself so worked up it is bad for your health physically and emotionally

Edited by JE7
  • Like 2

Weather or not you or I see it (which honestly I didn't see it either) is basically beside the point

It hapened, TPTB say/imply that  these are are the reasons for it.... So they are

We didnt see it makes NO diffrence it is thier show I don't llike the north sea kiss but they wrote it, it happened and it is canon so I learned to deal you need to do the same.

They are fictional charectors the writers can make the truth whatever they want, change the past all it takes is the stroke of a pen.

Many shippers on both sides of the hall need to listen to the words of the great William Shatner when he saidsaid "get a life"

Well, if we all went and got a life and never saw the need to say something about things that bother us just because we can't change it, this place would be rather deserted.

Edited by nickelette424
  • Like 1

Well, if we all went and got a life and never saw the need to say something about things that bother us just because we can't change it, this place would be rather deserted.

and we would all be bored I think sometimes we al need to watch our blood pressure because we get to personally involved in our discussions 

I read the taping info for this episode, this was exactly what I was expecting.

I thought it edited out great, very snappy, the half-hour flew by.  I loved the back and forth between Vegas and Pasadena.

There was info from the last taping, that the observer thought that Jim's performance seemed "kind of wooden", I am now of the opinion that TPTB are asking Jim to act Sheldon as if he is reverting. That without Amy's calming influence in his life, he is back-tracking into old Sheldon behaviors. 

I loved the Sheldon/Mary interaction. I love that it is a family ring and I believe that he asked for it, hence offering to return it.

I liked it.

I agree Vonmar.  I thought it was well done and funny and sad.  I want to go and re-watch for the parts I missed every detail of.  (The only problem  with not having a DVR and no instant rewind).  I also think he asked for the ring but even if he didn't ask he accepted it.  Otherwise his response would have been "why would I need a ring".  Looking forward to the next episode.

• Like 4

Again, your opinion is NOT important, only Amy's. You are seeing this from your viewpoint which is irrelevant. Based on her comment she wanted flowers. If that's the case he should have gotten her flowers. I don't understand why that is so difficult to understand

it's my opinion and I'm allowed to use it, there are a few posters who are keen on shutting down people and that's not right

Did anyone notice how deep Jims voice was? He usually plays Sheldon with a higher voice

Edited by rachelshamyfan
  • Like 3

it's my opinion and I'm allowed to use it, there are a few posters who are keen on shutting down people and that's not right

You misunderstood me! I wasn't trying to shut you down! I said it is not important because it really isn't. My opinion is not important or relevant either. The point I was trying t make is that in this case the only important opinion is Amy's , that's all, because we all (me included) tend to see it from our point of view, and it's immaterial because we weren't in the situation. And of course you're allowed to use it. but whatever we (collectively or individually) think doesn't ultimately matter, in this particular case.

Yes there are...what a shame.

You are wrong again, vonmar, wrong again. I was NOT shutting Rachel down. The ONLY point I was trying to make is that her opinion, or yours, or mine doesn't matter in this particular case, only Amy's . Just that.

• Like 1

Just posted reviews from TVLine and Variety of the Premiere episode.   Needless to say the reviewers were not very impressed with the Premiere and the set up direction for Season 9.   You can see links to them under the episode thread.

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 2

You misunderstood me! I wasn't trying to shut you down! I said it is not important because it really isn't. My opinion is not important or relevant either. The point I was trying t make is that in this case the only important opinion is Amy's , that's all, because we all (me included) tend to see it from our point of view, and it's immaterial because we weren't in the situation. And of course you're allowed to use it. but whatever we (collectively or individually) think doesn't ultimately matter, in this particular case.

You are wrong again, vonmar, wrong again. I was NOT shutting Rachel down. The ONLY point I was trying to make is that her opinion, or yours, or mine doesn't matter in this particular case, only Amy's . Just that.

telling people they are wrong  is wrong as well.......it doesn't matter that only Amy's opinion counts, its a message board and I am entitled to my feelings on the matter

• Like 1

So I just watched the season premiere. I'd say, I'm not ecstatic or happy about it, nor I don't hate or revolted by it. I don't find it really funny, nor I do find it overtly dramatic, even the Shamy breakup. I am somewhere in the middle of the scale, and that kinda makes me glad because it just means even after reading the taping reports, I am still going to watch the episodes like I haven't read any taping reports. I meditated before watching the premiere to clear my head, like I'm going to watch spoiler-free. If I watched it with expectations I wouldn't be here right now and I deleted more than 30GB of TBBT contents in my hard drive.

Th best bits have to be the Wolowitz-Bernadette fist bump and tongue click about how they had the lovelier wedding and, as a Shamy, I thought I was gonna be crept out by Stuart hitting on Amy, but I actually find it funny. I thought I'll get disturbed/repulsed by Stuart, but I watched it again and I wasn't. I give this to Mayim's and Kevin's performances. While I agree that the story about the ring was ambiguous, and the writers are still leaving it to our imaginations to interpret it, but I get the impression that Sheldon asked for the ring, and for other reasons, why in the world would a mother send his son a ring?As a keepsake? As something to lend to Sheldon so he can pawn it? The "so she can keep it away from George's prying hands" sounds ridiculous as well, especially with a Texan temper like Mary has.

• Like 5

Read this article and it pretty much backs up what April, Amy Fowler, and Kathy( I agree with all of them) have been saying about how Amy feels. It's there, I(Steve) can't help it if some people can't see it.

I believe if we went from the first page of this thread, there are much more people who also have grasped the essence of Shamy's rift ever since the S8 finale. Molaro's comment from recent interviews is just the final confirmation to make it canon.  

• Like 3

Also, after watching that ET interview, I agree 100% with what Mayim said about coitus, it maybe is part of the reason of the rift, but it is not THE sole reason of rift (I am even more positive by saying the coitus us not even part of the rift) and what Jim said, that he's waiting for Sheldon to come to a realization that not only is Amy important to him, but specifically why, and alter his behavior to incline Amy to come back and continue the relationship.

• Like 6

I enjoy this episode as well. like I said before, the whole development including Sheldon and Amy's respective reaction are very organic and true to their character.  
In fact, I laughed out loud several times, especially the interaction between Amy and Stuart, that part was hilarious!
Oh and also, I believe Mayim's performance have evidently manifested how depressed and heartbroken Amy is with her own decision.

• Like 2

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic