The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Ok so logical side of me says that,

Sheldon's need for closure will mean they have to ....after the first couple of angst episodes have him NEED to tell Amy what he was going to say that night on Skype.

Also the writers made a point of Amy saying she loves him and needs to take a step back, after telling him she's find their relationship hard, this to me means the writers are giving us the clue that it will not be a case of Amy wanting someone else but re assessing her feelings ( especially as this seems to be a lot about lack of communication and miss reading each other's needs ).

Then there is the ring, another writer clue that all will be ok in the long run for Shamy , but again another case of not understanding where each of them are at .

So going by logical thinking I'm guessing, 2 episodes of upset / missing , unable to function without each other for BOTH Sheldon AND Amy.

Followed by a episode or two where they are around each other due to social events but not "back together", with the possibility of sexual tension / muddled feelings and awkwardness of the situation. Then a heart to heart with a plan to get their relationship sorted out ..........:) .

Of course the writers also have to fit in humour and other story lines along the way !!!!!!.

Then my illogial worrying side says ....OMG I hope it's not loads of angst and worry for most of the season with them apart :( .

I'm trying not to read online predictions etc as I keep telling myself if it's not written yet, how can any one know to write these predictions !!!!

Writers will want us worried to keep us hooked over the summer, and certainly not deny any rumours or tell us the outcome of the cliffhangers until we are past 11th Aug, but I hope once they have their fun and Drama they give us back some beautiful Shamyness and lots of make up as a reward !!

Edited because I meant to also say, the Make out , defiantly to show us how far they've come and how right they are for each other.....before they broke our hearts !!

Also I've been brave, read the "predictions" and found lots of Sheldon "may"...... Season 9 "might" ..... And Malero interviews where half quotes have been used to fuel their "predictions". But if you read them word for word, and calmly !!. It's all hear say and drama......she says trying to stay positive :) :) .

What are your timeline season 9 predictions ??

Edited by Soopysue
  • Like 1

i like how impatient i get when shamy dosent end up in bed together...i just really love the couple

i like how impatient i get when shamy dosent end up in bed together...i just really love the couple

oh btw do not think i like tbbt because of the coitus

Also the writers made a point of Amy saying she loves him and needs to take a step back, after telling him she's find their relationship hard, this to me means the writers are giving us the clue that it will not be a case of Amy wanting someone else but re assessing her feelings ( especially as this seems to be a lot about lack of communication and miss reading each other's needs ).

Аgree... it's not in the prescribed Amy's character  - look for a guy for new experiences...

Аll that they need is a conversation between two adult conscious persons, who know what or whom they want)

• Like 1

Oh my.... this is a such set of speculations and "spoilers" in the net. I have to fight with myself not to pay attention to them >_<

Edited by Krimis Liebhaber

Hi everyone!!

I'm a huge  TBBT fan since the first episode aired and my favourite character is Amy and I'm  also a huge Shamy shipper...

• Like 5

OMG  this thread is becoming really interesting :shy:

Honey.. This isn't even the tip of the iceberg ;)

Welcome!

• Like 7

Hi guys! I am new here after mooonths of looking from the outside LOL.... I am soo excited about this new thread! yeah. Lets have fun!

Well, it all depends on how far they want to take Sheldon and Amy's relationship and in what timeframe.

For instance, if they wanted to do a Shamy wedding, with sex happening before or after, that could affect the timeline. How long is it going to take Sheldon to get to the point where he wants to or is capable (emotionally, intellectually) of taking that step.

Will he want to get engaged and/or married first?

First, they've got to reconcile in some way. Amy has to decide what she wants, what she's willing to put up with, and so forth.

Sheldon has to understand what it was he did wrong and figure out how to fix it, make it up to Amy or show her how he really feels, and so forth.

If he wants to get engaged, they've got to be in a good place in their relationship before that can happen.

If they wait untill marriage to have sex, then what is the timeframe for that?

If the writers want to hang onto those last beg steps--engagement, marriage, sex--until the last season or late this season, then they've got to fill the time inbetween with something.

So I can see their reconciliation going slowly, sort of the way Leonard and Penny's "reboot" went.

They could have them apart for a few episodes to show us how miserable they are without each other, or to show us what it is that Amy needs from him and how he works on that.

Then some episodes where they're kind of starting over, dating again, maybe getting to second base (though they won't show that on TV.)

Then maybe they'll get engaged at the end of the season or during February Sweeps?

Maybe the writers will want to have some kind of marriage competition--who gets married first or who's the bigger bridezilla or whatever--in the last season.

Whatever the case, I think their reconciliation could depend on some of those elements.

Plus whatever other kinds of stories the writers want to tell. Maybe they'll focus on Raj and Emily for an episode or two, giving them another reason to delay the Shamy reconciliation.

I think that the premiere episode will take up maybe a day or two after the finale left off, primarily because of the Lenny non-wedding. I would bet they're going to come back to Pasadena unmarried and maybe miffed. That'll give both boys in 4A something to deal with, and maybe give the girls something to commiserate over.

I don't see it as a problem as long as we see that they're all trying to work it out.

Very true, makes a lot of sense - totally agree as long as we see them trying to work it out and heading in the right direction it won't be as bad :)

Sheldon has that slight possessiveness when it comes to people he loves (Leonard, Mary Cooper, and Amy). I want his possessiveness shaken while on a break from Amy. Reminded me of his lines in The Gorilla Dissolution:

Koothrappali: Wouldn't you be upset if you saw Amy out with someone else?
Sheldon: Can't happen. We have an ironclad relationship agreement which precludes her from physical contact with anyone other than me.
(read: I don't think what he meant when he drafted this clause was solely about hand holding, hugging or kissing.In terms of being "ironclad", Amy can break several clauses in the RA which Sheldon doesn't mind.At this point,in Sheldon's universe, any physical act done to the opposite sex,whether an act done within Amy's conscious level (ie, shake hands with a male colleague or something harmless like that) or an act defined within Sheldon's concept of "physical" (ie, shake hands with Kripke or Stuart), may be defined by Sheldon as "physical", so hell hath no fury, Sheldon will turn into "crazy bastard" mode.)
Koothrappali: But you don't have sex with her either.
Sheldon: (SCOFFS) Slick, huh?
(read: This is his way of controlling Amy and himself, in terms of physical contact. The fifth anniversary makeout session was Sheldon's "physical contact" breaking point, which unfortunately coincided with Amy's patience breaking point.)

While I don't think Amy will date another person (I hope) while on a break, I want Sheldon to be driven really paranoid about what Amy could be doing outside of work,without him or anyone from the social group.

• Like 2

What's funny to me is that in the other fandom with which I am occupied, there's kind of a similar "relationship question" going  on.

My hiatus doesn't seem to bad to me because I've got The X-Files working on 6 new episodes that will air in January, and they're filming that right now up in Vancouver.

In this day of instant social media, there are all kinds of rumors and speculation, especially about the state of the MSR (Mulder/Scully Relationship) since we haven't seen them since 2008.

People are wondering if Chris Carter (creator, exec producer, writer) will keep them apart, have them together, have some kind of rift between them and so on.

People are parsing out every word that CC or David Duchovny or Gillian Anderson have said in interviews to see if they can guess where M/S are at this point in their lives.

:)

• Like 2

Oh that is fun, I've loved the x files but ever since they stopped I haven't really followed them anymore... that sounds interesting if they're up to something new! They also had a very interesting relationship and even a child although they broke my heart with the adoption stuff but perhaps there will be more about it... oh I have to look into that again, could you give me a link to the forums? The only thing I remember from back then was the 2close4comfort fanfic site:-)

Oh that is fun, I've loved the x files but ever since they stopped I haven't really followed them anymore... that sounds interesting if they're up to something new! They also had a very interesting relationship and even a child although they broke my heart with the adoption stuff but perhaps there will be more about it... oh I have to look into that again, could you give me a link to the forums? The only thing I remember from back then was the 2close4comfort fanfic site:-)

Yeah--IdealistsHaven is where I go.  It's been around since about the 4th or 5th season of TXF, as I recall.  I came to it around 1998 and I've been there ever since. :)

It is fun now that traffic has picked up again, like it did in 2007-2008 when the 2nd movie was being filmed and came out in theaters.

They're filming 6 new episodes for the next several weeks up in Vancouver and the episodes will air starting January 25th, as I recall.

So, here's the link to the forum:

http://community.idealistshaven.com/forums/index.php

• Like 2

Xx sugar_mouse xX:

Please go to season 5 episode 10, when Amy dated Stuart Bloom and Sheldon became SO jealous that he asked her to be her girl friend(she says YES) and they signed the Relationship  Agreement.

Amy told Sheldon "I love you". She doesn´t want to date another man, she wants Sheldon to be a better boy friend!

She is in love with Sheldon and she knows Sheldon loves her.

• Like 4

Xx sugar_mouse xX:

Please go to season 5 episode 10, when Amy dated Stuart Bloom and Sheldon became SO jealous that he asked her to be her girl friend(she says YES) and they signed the Relationship  Agreement.

Amy told Sheldon "I love you". She doesn´t want to date another man, she wants Sheldon to be a better boy friend!

She is in love with Sheldon and she knows Sheldon loves her.

If she wanted to be with another man (i.e. Stuart), she wouldn't have agreed to being Sheldon's girlfriend while on the date with Stuart. 

I also think we can potentially rule out Kripke as well. She's aware of Sheldon's rivalry with Kripke and frankly, if she were to date him, it would probably ruin her relationship with Sheldon (both platonic and romantic). She loves Sheldon so this most likely will not happen.

• Like 3

If she wanted to be with another man (i.e. Stuart), she wouldn't have agreed to being Sheldon's girlfriend while on the date with Stuart. 

I also think we can potentially rule out Kripke as well. She's aware of Sheldon's rivalry with Kripke and frankly, if she were to date him, it would probably ruin her relationship with Sheldon (both platonic and romantic). She loves Sheldon so this most likely will not happen.

but why would she break up with him and just be patient

I honestly don't like the idea of Sheldon revealing his feelings to Amy because she went out with somebody else. It made sense back in S5 but now, I think they are  finally ready to solve their problems as adults. And honestly I don't see it as possible very much. If it was for real, Amy going on a date solely with purpose to met someone else, it seems really OOC for Amy's character. If it would be for making Sheldon jealous, then If I would exaggerate I don't think he deserves this kind of "emotional threats," I think he will have  difficult time enough even without this.

100% agree... I think it would be cheap to have her date other people fir a jealosy/man -up plot. They have grown so much and it is time to show that with out crazy plot devices. I just want them to talk it out.

• Like 7

100% agree... I think it would be cheap to have her date other people fir a jealosy/man -up plot. They have grown so much and it is time to show that with out crazy plot devices. I just want them to talk it out.

I agree also :)

It's time for them to make the transition from teenage puppy love to a full-blown relationship where neither feels threatened by emotions and expressing them vocally or physically.

That's where I think season 9 is going to take them.

Yes please this makes the most sense :)

• Like 1