The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

We'LL know in 16 days!!!! I'm so excited....come on guys, we can make it!!!!

I have to work until 8 on Aug 11, but I have the 12th off!  Yes!

I am going nuts waiting for Aug 11.  I hate that summer is flying by, but my Shamy heart is going apeshit.  I need resolution!  

• Like 4

I think we need to be prepared for a few episodes of angst before Shamy are reunited.  If the first episode doesn't bring us satisfaction, no worries; we'll get it soon.

• Like 6

I'm actually not worried at all. I think, for a few episodes, It would be great to see new, unexplored sides of Shamy ;)

• Like 5

Sup babe.

Sup girlfraaand. Come to PA. We can frolic in Philly together.

But yes, I'm not worried at all about Shamy. I've very excited about what they'll do because the writers have never let me down before.

Edited by MariaAlbina
  • Like 4

Sup girlfraaand. Come to PA. We can frolic in Philly together.

But yes, I'm not worried at all about Shamy. I've very excited about what they'll do because the writers have never let me down before.

Oh my god... Can we have Philly cheesesteaks? 

Just to give y'all the heads up.. Premier taping night I am going to be jet lagged still.. I will happily spoil as much as I can,but I will more then likely fall asleep a few hours after :icon_wink:. I also have an appointment to attend on 12th which I need to be in tip top condition for. 

• Like 4

I'm not worried at all. Even if we do have a few episodes of angst, it's pretty clear that everything will work itself out eventually and Shamy will be happy :) 

Also, there's the fact that this is only a break and is essentially a pause in their relationship. It's not an official termination and as far as we know, they are technically still together. It's only temporary and they'll eventually be fine! All in good time :)  

• Like 3

I am eager just like the rest of all of you.  I just know the writers will handle our babies just fine.  They confirmed this so many times, they really do handle the Shamy relationship with so much thought & care!!  Its gonna be great.  And a little angst brings a better & bigger payoff in the end.

• Like 8

Guys, I was just watching this year's Comic Con panel and something stood out to me when they were discussing the ring.

Steve said that we will be getting a "partial answer" in the premiere to when Sheldon got it and when he planned to give it to Amy.

Thoughts?

Hey...The Mushroom Log, yesterday I was watching the panel and I remembered you noticing the "partial answer" from Molaro; it was a strange moment, indeed! I was thinking...One of the reasons why Shamy relationship is so charming  (IMO) is that it lays on expectations; the fans can't help in their scenes to ask themselves what's going to happen between them, if they're going to live an important step or a meaningful moment. Most of the times, nothing really happens, but when it does, it is magic, and it leads the fans to asks for more and to move to the next expectation. So, what if the ring will become our next expectation? Maybe somehow we will learn that it is there ready to be used in a proposal, but we will not know  when (and if) the proposal is going to happen...and we will keep waiting for it! Of course, this could also mean that some other expectation is going to be fulfilled (they are going to live together? coitus?), and that's why the writers need something really big to replace the old ones...Maybe I'm going too far now, isn't it?

• Like 3

I believe they will continue to move forward very slowly. I believe we will have a bit of angst but that they were resolve ŠOME of their issues and then move forward SLOWLY. I'm trying not to get too excited. I don't believe coitus or engagement will happen in premier or even early season 9. They will be fine but the story will continue at a snails pace. Sorry just my opinion. 

Edited by Shamyyes
  • Like 3

I believe they will continue to move forward very slowly. I believe we will have a bit of angst but that they were resolve ŠOME of their issues and then move forward SLOWLY. I'm trying not to get too excited. I don't believe coitus or engagement will happen in premier or even early season 9. They will be fine but the story will continue at a snails pace. Sorry just my opinion. 

I don't know...I could see it going either way. They might resolve some of their issues and then progress slowly or, on the other hand, this could be like a kick in the pants for Sheldon to speed things up. Shamy are so unconventional as a couple and because of that, we never know what will happen next. Anything can happen and that's one of my favourite things about them :) 

As long as they don't break up Shamy for good, then I'm fine with whatever the writers decide to do! 

Hey...The Mushroom Log, yesterday I was watching the panel and I remembered you noticing the "partial answer" from Molaro; it was a strange moment, indeed! I was thinking...One of the reasons why Shamy relationship is so charming  (IMO) is that it lays on expectations; the fans can't help in their scenes to ask themselves what's going to happen between them, if they're going to live an important step or a meaningful moment. Most of the times, nothing really happens, but when it does, it is magic, and it leads the fans to asks for more and to move to the next expectation. So, what if the ring will become our next expectation? Maybe somehow we will learn that it is there ready to be used in a proposal, but we will not know  when (and if) the proposal is going to happen...and we will keep waiting for it! Of course, this could also mean that some other expectation is going to be fulfilled (they are going to live together? coitus?), and that's why the writers need something really big to replace the old ones...Maybe I'm going too far now, isn't it?

It was really quite strange, wasn't it?! I watched the panel the day it came out and I didn't even notice the "partial answer" comment but then I watched it again and it really stood out...I couldn't stop thinking about it for the rest of the video!

The way I see it, a "partial answer" could mean one of a number of things:
1. The premiere will be a Lenny-focused episode so Shamy won't get enough attention to give a full answer.

2. They want to drag things out and are planning to give a more complete answer later on.

3. Sheldon reveals to somebody that he had a ring (or possibly even that he was planning to propose on their anniversary). This somebody could be Amy or it could simply just be one of the gang.

4. I only say this for the sake of covering absolutely all bases...there's going to be a premiere proposal. Sure, it doesn't necessarily tell us when he got the ring, but it does tell us when he planned on giving it to Amy...in a way. I know a few of you don't want this to happen but that doesn't mean it's not a possibility (however remote).

5. Or, they simply don't want us to know everything! They cut out like more than half of the makeout scene, so they can leave a few unanswered questions about an engagement ring...

I agree with your point about expectation too. Because Shamy's relationship moves so slowly, there's a certain sense of anticipation that comes with being a part of this ship, whether that's anticipation of coitus, marriage, cohabitation, etc. 

• Like 7

I think that Steve said a partial answer because I think we're only getting half of what Michy asked, either when he got it or when he was planning to propose. (#teamwhenhegotit) 

• Like 8

I also believe, as has been stated here many times, Shamy consummation is their cash cow. Tptb don't want to cash that in too early   I know we think 2 more seasons isn't very long but I think they will try to drag it out as long as possible

I also believe, as has been stated here many times, Shamy consummation is their cash cow. Tptb don't want to cash that in too early   I know we think 2 more seasons isn't very long but I think they will try to drag it out as long as possible

I think we'll have to wait longer for coitus but I don't think they'll wait for the very end.  There's too much comedy in post coitus also that they can use.

• Like 5

I think we'll have to wait longer for coitus but I don't think they'll wait for the very end.  There's too much comedy in post coitus also that they can use.

Two seasons left, 48 episodes, 20 minutes each = 16 hours ONLY!!!!

• Like 2

how do you know if there are only two more season left have they confirmed that I reckon they can go to season 11  because I want to see shamy babies

how do you know if there are only two more season left have they confirmed that I reckon they can go to season 11  because I want to see shamy babies

They've confirmed Season 9 and 10...they haven't confirmed Season 11. Thus I, along with many on this forum, am operating under the assumption that there are only two more seasons left. 

I agree. Coitus is their cash cow, even more so than an engagement, marriage or cohabitation. I think we'll have to wait but hopefully not too long because as you said, there is so much post-coital comedy to be explored with Shamy. 

I think that Steve said a partial answer because I think we're only getting half of what Michy asked, either when he got it or when he was planning to propose. (#teamwhenhegotit) 

I agree with this too. Michy asked the question in two parts - when he got the ring and when he was planning to propose. A partial answer would mean that only one of those is answered in the premiere. I'm really interested to see how we get this "partial answer" in the premiere though...like, will it be revealed through a discussion with Leonard/Penny/Howard/Raj...or will it come up in a discussion with Amy? Only time will tell, I guess... 

I don't mind what answer we get...as long as a proposal actually happens at some stage in the remaining two seasons (preferably Season 9).

• Like 1

I wanna see how Sheldon and Amy cope without their partners in this "pause" they are having

I suspect Amy will cope a lot better than Sheldon who may well be in panic mode

• Like 5

I wanna see how Sheldon and Amy cope without their partners in this "pause" they are having

I suspect Amy will cope a lot better than Sheldon who may well be in panic mode

Well, he bought 25 cats in 'The Zazzy Substitution'...and that's before they were even in a relationship.

But yeah, I think because Amy is the one that asked for the break, she'll cope with it better than Sheldon. Sheldon doesn't seem to fully understand why Amy has taken a break and so I think he'll struggle a lot more than she will.

I'm looking forward to seeing them pining for each other, even if it's only for a couple of scenes.

• Like 1

Well Sheldon voted at the table for a relationship termination so I think he thinks he was in a relationship!

Though he may not of properly realized it at the time

Well Sheldon voted at the table for a relationship termination so I think he thinks he was in a relationship!

Though he may not of properly realized it at the time

They had a relationship but it wasn't boyfriend-girlfriend. They were friends.

I also hope for Season 11, but now it is really to soon to determine whether it will be done. Cast&writers seem very open to it, but the final decision is up to CBS and WB (I think) and it depends mostly on ratings, so we will know something more about it after the end of Season 9, or even later. Anyway, I don't think we will see Shamy's babies on screen...The writers have always said that they are not very eager to have a baby in the show. Maybe if they go for Season 11 or more they will change their minds (Molaro was open to that idea, actually), but, if this is the case, I think  Howard and Bernadette (that will be 5/6 year married in Sason 11) will be the chosen couple to be parents. Plus, in many occasions Jim Parsons has said that he doesn't want to work on a daily bases with a child (or a pet), so maybe he will be spared from it...

• Like 1

It's funny because most friends who fall out don't vote to end the relationship, they were friends with a hint of something more

I think it was a very deliberate move by the writers to have Sheldon and Amy refer to what they had back in S4 and the beginning of S5 as a "relationship".  Sheldon only called her his friend when he was protesting her being his "girlfriend".  However, he often compared their bond to other romantic relationship, a couple times teasing Leonard about being jealous of him because he had a satisfying relationship with a women and that he should be glad he can't keep a woman (unlike Sheldon who had to deal with Amy).  I think Sheldon was more scared of committing to the notion that he was in a pair bonded, romantic relationship and that is why he protested against officially making her his girlfriend.

• Like 7