[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Tensor

Just watched from turtle episode to fort episode, I can't tell you how much I noticed how they were so in tune and as if they totally got each other - were united when it was them and the others as if they just are so in love and totally in tune ( even with the Mars dispute it was sorted quickly and together ) . It was beautiful - I need them sorted ASAP !!!. 

amen to that!

Evidence if any was needed at their happiness

sheldon-amy-main.jpg

tumblr_npn2ywrJh51rlrx3vo6_500.gif

tumblr_npn2ywrJh51rlrx3vo4_500.gif

tumblr_npn2ywrJh51rlrx3vo2_500.gif

Edited by rachelshamyfan
  • Like 5

Just saw the Shamy preview for ep 2. Sad to see them broken up, but I definitely felt a "I really want you even if I can't have you" vibe from both of them... Hang in there guys, it will be ok.

sheldon_gif.gif

cuddles.gif

Edited by Giuseppe
  • Like 8

Everything a person does (in real life or tv show) is selfish by nature.

That doesn't mean another person can't enjoy the other persons action, simply because in first it is a selfish act.

Hhhhhhmmmm NO! Not everything that a person does is selfish by nature. Specially when you're in love with someone else. Falling in love is, amongst other things,  letting go and  wanting the best for the person you love and putting their feelings , their wellbeing, and their happiness above you own. If that is not the case, then ,IMO, it isn't really love.

• Like 1

This week, in my place, WB Channel aired the last eight episodes of season 6. The way Sheldon treated Amy in Closet,  Tenure and Closure is REALLY UGLY and AWFUL. He doesn´t show any sign of kindness about her.

Suddenly, comes LOVE SPELL, ep 23, and SHAMY is again adorable and tender!  In 6 x 24 SHAMY has zero interaction,( except for one or two seconds they look at each other eyes).

And then, season 7 starts with SHAMY  ok and in their slow, slow but sure love journey,(kisses included)  till the angst of 7 x24.

In 8 x 1- 2  SHAMY is ok again (ILYs , holding hands , hugs, make out session included)  till the angst and mess of 8 x 24 (and begining of S 9)

Shamies, this is the way the writers like  to write our SHAMY!

Plse, enjoy the show and our adorable  characters! TBBT is GREAT and SHAMY is UNIQUE! (never forget it!)

This week, in my place, WB Channel aired the last eight episodes of season 6. The way Sheldon treated Amy in Closet,  Tenure and Closure is REALLY UGLY and AWFUL. He doesn´t show any sign of kindness about her.

Suddenly, comes LOVE SPELL, ep 23, and SHAMY is again adorable and tender!  In 6 x 24 SHAMY has zero interaction,( except for one or two seconds they look at each other eyes).

And then, season 7 starts with SHAMY  ok and in their slow, slow but sure love journey,(kisses included)  till the angst of 7 x24.

In 8 x 1- 2  SHAMY is ok again (ILYs , holding hands , hugs, make out session included)  till the angst and mess of 8 x 24 (and begining of S 9)

Shamies, this is the way the writers like  to write our SHAMY!

Plse, enjoy the show and our adorable  characters! TBBT is GREAT and SHAMY is UNIQUE! (never forget it!)

Now you made me more depressed.  They may be adorable, but I don't want this back and forth angsty stuff.   Ugh...you may have convinced me to forget about them.  I would rather not be that much into couples than hate the story writing like I do now.   Sigh...I am going to have to think about this.

Edited by stardustmelody

Please remember that this is the Shamy thread.  It is a ship zone, and as such it is for supportive statements for the ship.  It is not a place to discuss what anyone feels is a problem with any other characters.  It is also not a place to denigrate members of the Shamy ship.   Posts and those that quoted them have been moved to Shipping Lanes.  

Edited by Tensor

If Sheldon wanted to see this stream of his best friends wedding, he would have sat there like a good little boy instead of being a disturbance at the worst possible time.

I mentioned in another thread that I felt a little bad for him. I feel like over all, they should have been supportive to BOTH sides, not just Amy. Like half of them could have been with Sheldon for support at his place, something like that....but it is what it is, the writers wrote it like this instead.

I will agree on the first part.

They did not invite Sheldon. He shows up anyway. 10 Minutes later Amy breaks up with him, and everybody misses the wedding stream. So they were right about not inviting him in the first place.

About the second part, I would say Sheldon is really only friends with Penny and Leonard (and Amy).

Edit: I see this topic was moved to Shipping Lanes, sorry.

Edited by Squonk
  • Like 1

Hhhhhhmmmm NO! Not everything that a person does is selfish by nature. Specially when you're in love with someone else. Falling in love is, amongst other things,  letting go and  wanting the best for the person you love and putting their feelings , their wellbeing, and their happiness above you own. If that is not the case, then ,IMO, it isn't really love.

I think that that's kind of the issue--how much of Sheldon's acts toward Amy are truly arising from his love for her and how much is for himself.  Anyone can say "I love you", but it does boil down to whether or not he's ready or willing or able to put Amy's needs above his own.

Even in the episode where he took care of her when he was sick, he did care about her and did turn around in the hallway to go back to her, and that was great, but even that was tinged with a sort of selfishness--he was bound by the RelAg, and then he wanted her to get over her illness quickly.  He has even said the RelAg is based on a mutual attraction that skews heavily in his favor.  He uses the RelAg to get his way, which he thinks is the right way.  He looks for loopholes to get out of having to do things the RelAg demands from him, for her.

I heard it said once that love is opening oneself to another and becoming vulnerable to them, trusting them with your heart, trusting that they will not hurt you.

Right now I think they're going through that separately--Sheldon has found out that he has made himself vulnerable to Amy and that her rejection of him hurt more deeply than he was prepared to deal with.

Amy has been in that vulnerable position all along and has been hurt in big and small ways when Sheldon is thoughtless or selfish.  IMO, she has more or less swallowed those injuries because I think she does feel that love from him at times.  But it's kind of complicated for her.

So this was one of the times when she was open and vulnerable to him and he hurt her with his distraction and thoughtlessness. It was not, perhaps, the worst incident, but it came at a sort of crucial moment.  Not even on their anniversary could he think of her above his TV schedule.

So it gave her pause, making her feel that she needed to weigh all the factors in the balance and see where she found herself.  But again, Sheldon wasn't concerned with whether or not she was hurting or whatever, but when she was going to come back to him.  I think that he can't always tell when his actions are selfish, or come across that way from someone else's point of view.

And that's probably especially true when it comes to the confusing issues surrounding love.

• Like 9

I think that that's kind of the issue--how much of Sheldon's acts toward Amy are truly arising from his love for her and how much is for himself.  Anyone can say "I love you", but it does boil down to whether or not he's ready or willing or able to put Amy's needs above his own.

Even in the episode where he took care of her when he was sick, he did care about her and did turn around in the hallway to go back to her, and that was great, but even that was tinged with a sort of selfishness--he was bound by the RelAg, and then he wanted her to get over her illness quickly.  He has even said the RelAg is based on a mutual attraction that skews heavily in his favor.  He uses the RelAg to get his way, which he thinks is the right way.  He looks for loopholes to get out of having to do things the RelAg demands from him, for her.

I heard it said once that love is opening oneself to another and becoming vulnerable to them, trusting them with your heart, trusting that they will not hurt you.

Overall great post but one thing: I wouldn't go as far and cite him taking care of her as being purely motivated by the RA. I believe him when he says that he cares about her well-being in addition to their commitment in writing. In a way it's actually an excellent example of him putting her needs above his own and he seemed genuinely hurt when she's using his trust to exploit the situation in her favour.

• Like 6

Yeah, no, that's not exactly what I meant. For starters "Amy thought you are a bad boyfriend" isn't exactly a speech. lol Okay, nitpicking I guess. It's a good punch though and I think he needed to hear that. But furthermore I don't really think what we'll see in 9x02 is him working on himself (yeah, it isn't really moping either, I know). What I've seen so far is him basically declaring that he wants her back in numerous ways but I don't see that he's actually tried to work on the how to stop being a "bad boyfriend" part. I mean, could be that I forgot something from a TR or that we're getting something more in the episodes when they air (and I'll happily revise my opinion then). But overall I'm with Jim on this in that Sheldon needs to think about why he wants her and how much he's willing to adapt for this relationship.

Maybe the "bad boyfriend" line will eventually sink in and he's suddenly breaking out the flip charts and try to figure it all out in the next episodes - I'd be delighted! But so far I didn't get the impression that it had the right impact pushing him into a self-critical yet productive mindset.

All the time I was talking about what Sheldon's perspective I think is, not mine. Maybe it wasn't as obvious as I thought, so sorry for that. I think it was one for Sheldon. He was told what he did wrong and took it seriously. As always, even more delivered by Penny who he trust, he took it as face value. Might not be a speech, but as Sheldon used this  idea again when he said Amy will find better boyfriend and marry him, I guess it was not one line to forget either. I think it might be reason why he was pestering her so much in next episode. You can't really prove this wrong, try to be better boyfriend or whatever intention Sheldon had, when you have no relationship to speak of. I think Sheldon first impression was, that logically you can't do anything about "being a bad boyfriend" while you are no longer in boy/girl relationship, so first intention was to get her back as fast as possible and somehow go from there. That I think was Sheldon's though process. I don't think Sheldon's  mind was in first moment able to decrypt that "being bad boyfriend" could be solved by working on himself while not being in relationship. At least not right away. I mean it's still Sheldon, the guy who need all of his dinner time to figure out how proclaiming Penny had disappointing sex with Leonard, in front of everybody might get her mad. Reading between lines, social awareness, using common sense to understand situation, that's still as hard for him as always. I think proper "reason you suck" speech will come,hopefully delivered by Amy and hopefully with clear sign she is not opposed to be with him somewhere in future, when he will be no longer blindfolded by anger, I guess in that time he will really think this through and figure it out and yes, work on himself. But now, when Amy, in front of him seems like she has no intention to get back together, I think that try to  work on himself now seems pointless to him. 

• Like 6

All the time I was talking about what Sheldon's perspective I think is, not mine. Maybe it wasn't as obvious as I thought, so sorry for that. [...]

Oh I'm not in disagreement with you about Sheldon's perspective or whatever. I just really want to see this happening:

I think proper "reason you suck" speech will come,hopefully delivered by Amy and hopefully with clear sign she is not opposed to be with him somewhere in future, when he will be no longer blindfolded by anger, I guess in that time he will really think this through and figure it out and yes, work on himself.

Not right now because obviously that didn't happen according to TRs. (And it doesn't have to be Amy lecturing him - actually I'd like it if it was someone else.) But at some point in the upcoming tapings? I'm up for that!

The reason why I want Amy to have that conversation with Sheldon about why he's not a good boyfriend is that I want Sheldon to reply that she is not a perfect girlfriend neither.

no ones perfect, that's why they're a great couple, they balance each other out which makes them perfect. Amy's good at making him listen and Sheldon's good at understanding her like no one has ever done before. 

Those two are like a puzzle when it comes to their relationship. When it's nearly all there it starts to look amazing, but you gotta keep working on those last little pieces and where abouts they fit before it can look the best it's ever looked. 

My metophors are right on today :laugh: 

Edited by Amy Fowler
  • Like 9

Yes, I can't wait to see this conversation happening. But I feel it's a bit too soon after the stairs conversation.

And I don't know about Wheaton implication... Last time we saw him, he had no interaction with Sheldon ( nor with Amy btw ) so it maybe means nothing.

Or maybe maybe please, we're going to have at last the episode with no shamy related story, even though I'm a Shamy fan and want them back together, the constant reminder of their break up is really depressing.

• Like 3

I reckon we'll have a break from Shamy this week. If not to save our shipping sanity but after that stairwell scene, it sounds like the most civil conversation they've had since the break so hopefully now Sheldon will realise she needs time, whether that be, in his head, time to move on or see other people or think about where he stands in her life, whatever it is I'm hoping he respects her wish and leaves her be for abit to mull things over. Plus if he thinks she wants to move on its probably killing him inside and he wouldn't want to be around her to witness someone else with his girl. I'm hoping after that stairwell convo it puts the ball back in Amy's court and she asks him to come over and have this talk they so desperately need. 

It's almost like that scene was an end truse kind of talk. Like 'ok I'm done being angry let's just agree to leave the last few days behind and give each other time' kinda talk. I dunno it might look different when it airs but that's what it's coming across to me as

I'm not a fan of Wil so I'm not over the moon about his return but, who knows why he's back. I can't help but think it's for Sheldon though.

Edited by Amy Fowler
  • Like 3

Right now I think they're going through that separately--Sheldon has found out that he has made himself vulnerable to Amy and that her rejection of him hurt more deeply than he was prepared to deal with.

Amy has been in that vulnerable position all along and has been hurt in big and small ways when Sheldon is thoughtless or selfish.  IMO, she has more or less swallowed those injuries because I think she does feel that love from him at times.  But it's kind of complicated for her.

So this was one of the times when she was open and vulnerable to him and he hurt her with his distraction and thoughtlessness. It was not, perhaps, the worst incident, but it came at a sort of crucial moment.  Not even on their anniversary could he think of her above his TV schedule.

So it gave her pause, making her feel that she needed to weigh all the factors in the balance and see where she found herself.  But again, Sheldon wasn't concerned with whether or not she was hurting or whatever, but when she was going to come back to him.  I think that he can't always tell when his actions are selfish, or come across that way from someone else's point of view.

And that's probably especially true when it comes to the confusing issues surrounding love.

What I don't understand is why Amy's motivations for the things she does in the relationship any less selfish than Sheldon's?   They both do things to get what they want.   Their wants may be different,  but they are rooted in the fact they want to be together. 

I am very uncomfortable with the "anyone can say I Love You" comment here especially since we are speaking about Sheldon Cooper.  And it wasn't even that Sheldon got anything out of that I love you besides expressing how he feels for her and showing his appreciation for her understanding.   It just bothers me that his feelings are being diminished here.  

Amy does things like trying to certain things to increase their intimacy or what have you and people day it's because she loves him.   Yes,  it is,  but it is also something "she" wants,  which makes her motivation selfish.   People think she deserves what she wants do they see the love there over the selfishness.  Sheldon does things and the only focus seems to be that is what he wants and he is selfish,  but the fact that what he wants is her because he loves her gets diminished.   (Btw, I don't think Amy had necessarily been selfish in a bad way,  but I also don't think a lot if the examples of Sheldon's selfishness that have been used are either)

I do believe that love contains a certain level of selfishness, as it should.   It is nice to wax poetic about putting someone else's happiness above your and all that.   But at the end of the day,  if you do not take care in your happiness,  it will not only affect you,  but person you're in a relationship with.    Case in point,  Amy and Sheldon.   Many here believe she has been so selfless and puts Sheldon's needs above hers and now she is unhappy with the situation and broke it off.   Sheldon was happy as a peach and wants to marry her,  but she's not sure what she wants.   You have take care of yourself and your happiness or in the end,  none of it matters. 

Sheldon does tend to lean too far in the other direction, but it isn't so black and white all the time and his moments of selfishness are not all created equal.   There are times when the motivation behind his selfishness is rooted in his feelings and love for her.  I just don't believe that should be a strike against him. 

Edited by nickelette424
  • Like 9

What I don't understand is why Amy's motivations for the things she does in the relationship any less selfish than Sheldon's?   They both do things to get what they want.   Their wants may be different,  but they are rooted in the fact they want to be together. 

I am very uncomfortable with the "anyone can say I Love You" comment here especially since we are speaking about Sheldon Cooper.  And it wasn't even that Sheldon got anything out of that I love you besides expressing how he feels for her and showing his appreciation for her understanding.   It just bothers me that his feelings are being diminished here.  

Amy does things like trying to certain things to increase their intimacy or what have you and people day it's because she loves him.   Yes,  it is,  but it is also something "she" wants,  which makes her motivation selfish.   People think she deserves what she wants do they see the love there over the selfishness.  Sheldon does things and the only focus seems to be that is what he wants and he is selfish,  but the fact that what he wants is her because he loves her gets diminished.   (Btw, I don't think Amy had necessarily been selfish in a bad way,  but I also don't think a lot if the examples of Sheldon's selfishness that have been used are either)

I do believe that love contains a certain level of selfishness, as it should.   It is nice to wax poetic about putting someone else's happiness above your and all that.   But at the end of the day,  if you do not take care in your happiness,  it will not only affect you,  but person you're in a relationship with.    Case in point,  Amy and Sheldon.   Many here believe she has been so selfless and puts Sheldon's needs above hers and now she is unhappy with the situation and broke it off.   Sheldon was happy as a peach and wants to marry her,  but she's not sure what she wants.   You have take care of yourself and your happiness or in the end,  none of it matters. 

Sheldon does tend to lean too far in the other direction, but it isn't so black and white all the time and his moments of selfishness are not all created equal.   There are times when the motivation behind his selfishness is rooted in his feelings and love for her.  I just don't believe that should be a strike against him. 

Agree...plus for some reason all the selfless thing she has done for her seem to be being diminished.   

It was interesting because we were visiting our friends that went to the 5th episode taping and my BFF's hubby said this about Shamy "Sheldon seems to be growing toward Amy (wanting a future with her), yet Amy seems to be growing away from Sheldon (finding that she needs time away from him and now isn't so sure that all the work she put into the relationship is really a relationship she wants)."   Wow...was that ever an eye opener, and clearly oversimplified, but he is a very casual viewer, and doesn't catch every week although most weeks of the show.   He hasn't read the taping reports, but he did see the premiere and of course the 5th episode via taping, and that was the conclusion he drew.   Just thought it was pretty profound, and also is interesting because he has no idea what is going to happen in the next three episodes before the 5th taping and being a casual viewer he may be picking up on something that other viewers may also observe.   Kind of scary if that is what is being projected because it sounds like Amy is falling out of love with Sheldon while Sheldon is falling deeper in love with her...or at least that is what was observed from his perspective as a casual viewer.

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 3

Agree...plus for some reason all the selfless thing she has done for her seem to be being diminished.   

It was interesting because we were visiting our friends that went to the 5th episode taping and my BFF's hubby said this about Shamy "Sheldon seems to be growing toward Amy (wanting a future with her), yet Amy seems to be growing away from Sheldon (finding that she needs time away from him and now isn't so sure that all the work she put into the relationship is really a relationship she wants)."   Wow...was that ever an eye opener, and clearly oversimplified, but he is a very casual viewer, and doesn't catch every week although most weeks of the show.   He hasn't read the taping reports, but he did see the premiere and of course the 5th episode via taping, and that was the conclusion he drew.   Just thought it was pretty profound, and also is interesting because he has no idea what is going to happen in the next three episodes before the 5th taping and being a casual viewer he may be picking up on something that other viewers may also observe.   Kind of scary if that is what is being projected because it sounds like Amy is falling out of love with Sheldon while Sheldon is falling deeper in love with her...or at least that is what was observed from his perspective as a casual viewer.

That makes me sad and I really hope it doesn't play out that way. 

• Like 4

It was interesting because we were visiting our friends that went to the 5th episode taping and my BFF's hubby said this about Shamy "Sheldon seems to be growing toward Amy (wanting a future with her), yet Amy seems to be growing away from Sheldon (finding that she needs time away from him and now isn't so sure that all the work she put into the relationship is really a relationship she wants)."   Wow...was that ever an eye opener, and clearly oversimplified, but he is a very casual viewer, and doesn't catch every week although most weeks of the show.   He hasn't read the taping reports, but he did see the premiere and of course the 5th episode via taping, and that was the conclusion he drew.   Just thought it was pretty profound.  

Yeah, would agree with that assessment (with the caveat that I haven't seen the episodes, naturally, so that impression could change after I did). I'd even go as far and say that it's a kinda inevitable development when the writers work with the premise that they both started out at similar point but with the difference that Sheldon rejects change while Amy embraces it. It's only a matter of time until their different pace reaches a point where a conflict like this is inevitable and to get back together they'll need to find some common ground again.

As Nickelette said, it's not all black and white. They both have moments of selfishness cause they both have wants and needs in this relationship. But they also have many moments that show that they genuinely love each other's company and care for the other. Up until now the balance seemed to be somewhat skewed in Sheldon's favour but in the end they can't have him drag his feet into the sand and have Amy drag him along forever. With all the growth he's done though -especially in S8- I feel like he's at a tipping point where he's willing to make some big strides to catch up with Amy, or at least I hope he is. And likewise I hope that Amy takes a few steps towards him and decides the relationship is worth it and finds a way to articulate that to him.

Edited by April
  • Like 8

omg... It's a great observation. Be incredibly sad if t did happen like that.

I've just played out a scene in my head of Sheldon and Amy talking and Amy saying 'I'm falling out of love with you Sheldon' and Sheldon's heart just slowly smashing at every word. (My imagination needs to be tamed :blink: ) Having said that. Maybe Sheldon needs to hear a few home truths before he realises. I mean look at him now after Amy ended it? He's been pestering her so much that the amount of time he's been around her after the break up probably equates to about a months worth of date night time!. Maybe he needs to see how close he is to loosing her before he can appreciate just how important she is to him and how he needs to show her that more often. I know she's suppose to be like him but she's a women at the end of the day and us ladies like to feel desired. The sooner Sheldon figures that out the better

Edited by Amy Fowler
  • Like 2

He might be a casual viewer, but I guess he raised exactly the impression I have. And I'm sure not one of those who oversimplify things, I tend to overcomplicate the hell out of them. And I still hope it's not how it looks and that those are more of a impression writers maybe unintentionally put there while they, as always put main focus on Sheldon and forgot to tell great deal of Amy's story. But we will see. Still safe to say, I see how he could get this idea, and for me, it's not the break up, but this particular impression that frustrates me really. :icon_rolleyes:

• Like 3

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic