[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Tensor

After watching a couple of times...that scene killed me.

Sheldon: She watched it, I'm going to get that girl back.

Amy was listening at the door, hmmm, why Amy ?  Why not just storm off?  Why show up there at all, you're the one who wanted space. 

Sheldon: She was listening through the door, she wants me.

I adore these two.  

Thats true, why didn't she just leave? Is that a sign of a guilty conscience? I'm in two minds, was it purely done for a comic effect or was she genuinely thinking twice about what she'd done. And I'm not just thinking about the she spoke to him but the mess she'd got them into.

Just thinking about that scene, is it me or is Sheldon seeming to be getting a little bit cocky in that last scene? It could be front or just genuine naivety about the situation now. Who knows, I feel like I'm waiting for the penny to drop with him though. I'm guessing the writers want him to hit rock bottom first before any reconciliation is done.

I adore them too... I just want them back together :cry: 

and If Jim doesn't get an Emmy nod again this year I'll cry again too.

Edited by Amy Fowler
  • Like 5

Strange that Amy recognized Penny's bra.

Just how far did Amy get, in Penny's bedroom, in 21 Second Excitation? :icon_biggrin: 

Please don't spoil my salacious imaginings. :( 

I missed the adult gif? :( 

Any chance you could PM it to me?

WilW_wrong.thumb.gif.d65af689466afcb0fa07c804e07e1a72.gif

Edited by JE7
  • Like 2

Thats true, why didn't she just leave? Is that a sign of a guilty conscience? I'm in two minds, was it purely done for a comic effect or was she genuinely thinking twice about what she'd done. And I'm not just thinking about the she spoke to him but the mess she'd got them into.

Just thinking about that scene, is it me or is Sheldon seeming to be getting a little bit cocky in that last scene? It could be front or just genuine naivety about the situation now. Who knows, I feel like I'm waiting for the penny to drop with him though. I'm guessing the writers want him to hit rock bottom first

I adore them too... I just want them back together :cry: 

and If Jim doesn't get an Emmy nod again this year I'll cry again too.

you all can hate the break up all you want (i do too), but in a way it was kind of a smart move by the writers bc it gets us emotionally invested and interested to see when (not if) and how shamy will get back together and by teasing us it makes each next episode that exciting to watch bc we keep hoping it's the episode they reunite. Plus I think ppl appreciate a reconcilation of a couple better when they have some much to overcome and still preservere. 

I think the same could be said here. I think the breakup would have made more sense in season 6 or earlier before sheldon made all these strides of growth in the relationship (like him saying he loves her, kissing her, the ring, etc) bc I think he was in a way trying to move forward in the relationship. However, as someone pointed out to me, sheldon did make the relationship one sided too many times even in the most recent seasons, so I can see why amy broke up with him. He usually isn't as good as tending to her needs. I guess the breakup will allow sheldon to grow a bit and realize that he isn't just in the relationship for himself anymore. I guess Amy could be at fault too for being too impatient with sheldon since he has made some strides of growth. To me, I feel that the breakup is only justifiable bc of sheldon's selfishness, rather than his inability to move the relationship forward. I think when sheldon finally learns his lesson, shows how much amy means to him, and hopefully wins her back, it will be so satisfying bc sheldon had to go through so much growth to reach that point and overcame tremendous obstacles within himself. Just my thoughts. 

• Like 2

knowing what we know about the next 3 episodes, I am not sure what everyone is so excited about. Next week there are no scenes. Episode 4 is the return of Dog Sheldon, for crying out loud. That is the least sexy version of Sheldon possible. There's one sad sack scene in episode 5. There's going to be basically no meaningful interaction for the next 3 weeks, and it's unclear, but doubtful if there will be anything tonight. All we know for sure is that Molaro doesn't feel any big need to end this quickly. So I really don't get what the excitement is about. They are going to drag it out and it sounds like it's going to get boring before it gets better.

All Amy got from last night is that Sheldon cares about Sheldon. Which was pretty much what she thought anyway. She has zero reason to end this break. Once he enters into the weird 3-way marriage/gimp relationship with Lenny, she'll have less reasons than zero.  

Nothing I saw last night made me think they are even going to try to write a meaningful story out of this.

• Like 1

knowing what we know about the next 3 episodes, I am not sure what everyone is so excited about. Next week there are no scenes. Episode 4 is the return of Dog Sheldon, for crying out loud. That is the least sexy version of Sheldon possible. There's one sad sack scene in episode 5. There's going to be basically no meaningful interaction for the next 3 weeks, and it's unclear, but doubtful if there will be anything tonight. All we know for sure is that Molaro doesn't feel any big need to end this quickly. So I really don't get what the excitement is about. They are going to drag it out and it sounds like it's going to get boring before it gets better.

All Amy got from last night is that Sheldon cares about Sheldon. Which was pretty much what she thought anyway. She has zero reason to end this break. Once he enters into the weird 3-way marriage/gimp relationship with Lenny, she'll have less reasons than zero.  

Nothing I saw last night made me think they are even going to try to write a meaningful story out of this.

I mean in episode 4 towards the end, we at least see sheldon kinda acknowledge in a way that he has been selfish when he says that amy could do better than him. To me, this could be a stepping stone for sheldon where he come to the point where he realizes that he has to be less selfish and tend to Amy's needs more if he is ever gonna win her back. It may not seem like a big step, but it is. 

As for the writers prolonging the breakup, i mean what did u expect? They are going to do this for dramatic tension bc that is what hooks ppl to a lot of TV shows. We are excited for more episodes bc ppl want to know if they will get back together or not. If knew nothing bad or conflicting will happen in their relationship, we would grow tired of it

• Like 1

The question is, this was just for the joke, and Sheldon wants to go in San Francisco and not alone ? or, like some of you point out, was it a trip for Amy and him ?
I am not so sure.

I don't know either, because when he says we will go, meaning Leonard, Penny and him, shouldn't there be 3 tickets?

Thats the point, as long as we have to speculate on what Amy's reasons are, it's just a crappy story they are telling.

No it is not. It is an INCOMPLETE story they are telling. It would be crappy if they get back together and never explain it. So far it's just incomplete. I have a feeling we will start seeing Amy's point of view in the coming episodes. The vibe I got from S8 Ep 24 is that she needs to be more of a priority in his life, but I know it's more complicated than that

Edited by Carlos
Spelling
  • Like 4

Oh oh oh! I have a plot twist! Maybe Amy is secretly of East European ancestry and kisses family members on the mouth goodbye :p As good an explanation as any ™

Already a better solution then whatever the writers will come up with.

For some reason even if I read spoilers, I'm calm about this whole Amy dating others and getting to kiss another guy and Sheldon seeing it. I DON'T LIKE IT, but I'd rather let Shamy reconciliation unfold before my eyes.

This may read betrayal to a lot of Shamy shippers, but I'm taking this all calmly, rather than scream "WHY"?!?!?!".

• Like 9

@ Tensor or Tripper 

I would like to officially request to change the name of this thread (you can choose the new name), since Shamy is no longer and never will be again, the name of this thread makes no sense anymore.

just because you don't like it doesn't mean the Shamy doesn't exist.  This is as much part of their story as the Lenny breakup was part of their endgame story.

Even if Sheldon and Amy are not like the others, this is what Leonard and Penny went through, in some way, and that relationship just now got to marriage.

They've only been apart for about 6 episodes so far and it's not like months have passed.  They've got to get on the same page and right now it seems their timing is off, but that doesn't mean they won't get back together and be better than ever.

• Like 4

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic