[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Tensor

I have to start work now so I will be back later 

But what I will say is this

IMO

I don't like the current storyline, it sucks, if tptb manage to redeem the shamy then I will give praise but right now , no praise for stupidity

I've said all along and it happens in real life, couples can work out their differences and still be together, this is all for drama sake

• Like 4

I don't know about the thread, maybe we could turn like Shennies and spend the rest of the show dreaming about the Shamy we liked.

But in my opinion, even if they get back together, with what happened tonight it going to be a very different and classical couple I'll be watching. So in some ways, yes, Shamy is dead.

Edited by Cherry
  • Like 2

I have to start work now so I will be back later 

But what I will say is this

IMO

I don't like the current storyline, it sucks, if tptb manage to redeem the shamy then I will give praise but right now , no praise for stupidity

I've said all along and it happens in real life, couples can work out their differences and still be together, this is all for drama sake

That's your opinion and I respect it, people can like and dislike whatever they want.

And as you said "this is all for drama sake" and you are 100% correct. It is for drama's sake but in TV land, drama is what makes the world go round. Or rather int he eyes of TPTB, drama is what makes people turn their tv's on.

• Like 2

Shamy is not only Sheldon + Amy. It's also and mainly the way they interact. If they turn into another classical couple, sorry, but I will be far less interested by them, and maybe not at all.

You mean how the characters interact correct? Well if the characters themselves are still the nerdy quirky geeks we know and love, then how they interact with each other will not change? Unless you are going to be upset if they are more physical.

I don't often reply to the threads but having been on this forum for years now and a hardcore Shamy shipper, I have say I am actually really happy with the way things are going. Ok there is trouble in paradise but who's relationship is perfect anyway. We know how much these two love each other and we know they will be together again.

So what if Amy is on a date and kissed another man. She's hurt, confused, lonely and probably trying to convince herself she's over Sheldon (who as far as she knows he is asking out other women). Sheldon is panicking and doesn't know how to resolve the situation, he is so blinded by his fear that he can't think straight, but perhaps once he feels all hope is lost he might stop thinking of ways to get her back and reflect on the problems that where in the relationship. 

The whole it's her fault/ his fault isn't really as important as lets fix what upsets both of us and move on from there.

I love these two so much that I think it would take one of them dying for me to give up on the SHAMY. lol :sungum:

Can I like this a million times? This is exactly how I feel! 

I wonder where nerdy and geeky Amy is right at the moment.

Her reactions now so belong to lambda broken-up female that it feels like they are turning her into a traditional woman and I think this means they are trying to do the same with Sheldon.

• Like 1

I won't give up but I am disappointed with the storylines the writers have chosen. I hope it will not be a kind of HIMYM 2.

LOL the only way for that to happen is to have 9 years of character development for the characters with Amy and Sheldon getting married and Penny and Leonard getting married and then ending with both Amy and Leonard dying and Penny telling her children that she's love Sheldon all along.

I wonder where nerdy and geeky Amy is right at the moment.

Her reactions now so belong to lambda broken-up female that it feels like they are turning her into a traditional woman and I think this means they are trying to do the same with Sheldon.

Well I know that Amy is going to lock herself up in a shaming closet in a coming episode so I think she is still far from a traditional woman.

• Like 1

LOL the only way for that to happen is to have 9 years of character development for the characters with Amy and Sheldon getting married and Penny and Leonard getting married and then ending with both Amy and Leonard dying and Penny telling her children that she's love Sheldon all along.

STOP!!!!!!  don't even kid about that... Lorrie has ears everywhere :blind:

• Like 5

I seriously have to ask this question.

What exactly is the uniqness of Shamy according to some people and why does Amy kissing another guy make it "Dead"?

I guess I thought the uniqueness of Shamy was from the characters. Their quirky nerdy ways, how fun they can be, how Sheldon takes delight in silly things and Amy does in similar (albeit in a slightly more grown up) way. I thought it was from the small moments that make them light up like how happy Amy is when Sheldon called "cute" and smacked her bottom. But all of that is from the characters.

None of that comes from Amy not kissing someone else, it comes from these characters and how unique they are.

I guess in my opinion the only way the uniqueness of Shamy being dead is if the characters themselves are dead.

True it is these things, but it is also the fact that both were inexperienced, they were each other's firsts and neither were interested in romance or wanting to date, etc until they met each other and became friends and started falling for each other.   So by having either of them date someone else, it destroys that "one and only" uniqueness about them.

Likewise, the way they are handling the breakup is pretty "ordinary" and not at all Shamy-like. In fact breaking up period is not Shamy-like.   Shamy would break up over a philosophical thing over science before they would break up over "feelings".   I don't know...but none of this feels like Shamy.  

You cannot compare Shamy with Lenny.  They have never been like them.   They have always been very different from them.  Yet now their story is being handled just as if it was a Lenny story...not a Shamy story.   

Overall it just is hard to swallow and believe and the more they get into it the uglier it seems to be getting and harder it seems to see how they are going to come through this stronger.  It comes across more like they are going to have more distrust issues and "visuals" and "words" haunt them.   Sorry, but it just isn't a story that matches the couple and now the couple have been compromised because of it.

This is my opinion, but I do believe others feel the same.   

Now some food for thought.   Amy typically tells Penny everything.  So wouldn't it be normal for her to tell Penny she had a date?  And if she was on a date that evening and Sheldon told Penny he was heading over to propose to Amy, don't you think Penny would have stopped him?    And would Amy really date someone so  soon?  She is still trying to sort out her feelings and involving yet another person seems not very Amy-like.  It seems to me that she would first want to sort out whether she even wants to date someone and could her heart even allow her there if she was so in love with Sheldon as she claimed to be.   So either she isn't that in love with him or she is and she can't really date.  So is this guy really a date or just meant to look like a date?  Is it possible that Sheldon saw something that wasn't what it seemed?

Things just don't seem to be adding up in this scenario.

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 8

oh god....... this season is such a rollercoaster!!

i don't know how to feel about it... I need more info!! The first time in weeks i decided to sleep instead of being in chat, and read info in topics later, and now i so regret it lol!

Sheldon going to propose... Penny knowing about the ring... I would never hope for it this is just crazy good(

But then again Sheldon seeing she kissed someone else... I actually never was one of those who were against Amy going on dates/kissing somebody, but now that it happened it doesn't make me very happy... Also Sheldon seeing EXACTLY the moment of the kiss? soap opera much...

• Like 2

STOP!!!!!!  don't even kid about that... Lorrie has ears everywhere :blind:

And he's liable to believe imitation is the sincerest form of flattery... Not lazy plagiarism.

Let him screw up the series finale in a new and fresh way. 

I've never been pleased with a long running series's finale. It's impossible to nail the dismount.

Edited by Chaliceinnana
Need to clarify
  • Like 1

@ Tensor or Tripper 

I would like to officially request to change the name of this thread (you can choose the new name), since Shamy is no longer and never will be again, the name of this thread makes no sense anymore.

I repeat Drama Queen much to paraphrase drill instructor the world over "you wouldn't last 5 minutes as a Lenny cupcake"

• Like 4

I seriously have to ask this question.

What exactly is the uniqness of Shamy according to some people and why does Amy kissing another guy make it "Dead"?

I guess I thought the uniqueness of Shamy was from the characters. Their quirky nerdy ways, how fun they can be, how Sheldon takes delight in silly things and Amy does in similar (albeit in a slightly more grown up) way. I thought it was from the small moments that make them light up like how happy Amy is when Sheldon called "cute" and smacked her bottom. But all of that is from the characters.

None of that comes from Amy not kissing someone else, it comes from these characters and how unique they are.

I guess in my opinion the only way the uniqueness of Shamy being dead is if the characters themselves are dead.

For me it means that Shamy were meant only for each other, and no one else.
That's how they have always been shown on the show, no one else interested them.

Now Amy has kissed another guy, that exclusiveness is ruined and therefor the Shamy I once knew and loved has been destroyed and can never be gotten back.

Maybe I am just a hopeless romantic guy, but thats how I see and feel it.

• Like 3

Guys what is the problem?we always hope that shwldon become more human!this is a evolution of the character!now the writers have the occasion to do that!for what reason tou are so upset? Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

• Like 2

Probably because I like Sheldon the way he is and I don't see why the writers have to be so cruel with him to "turn him into a human", which they don't need to do because he already is human, you know, even though he would like to be a robot, he's not.

• Like 6

Wow...

I really don't know how to respond without being construed as rude so I won't

I'll just reiterate that I feel like it is the uniqueness of the characters that makes their relationship fun and unique and not on the exclusiveness of their lips.

You can say what you, even in PM if you prefer.

i feel so weird processing these dramatic spoilers with 3 hour sleep...

it's just so strange... i have a good vibe about this, like it's all a set up for this break up to be resolved  in e7-8 (like i thought initially), but my logic tells me no way it's gonna happen now sheldon'd gonna be done after that... And i'm so scared my logic is wiser than my intuition... (

But praying than not... 

But now that Penny knows about the ring / how serious his intentions were, Amy won't be in denial anymore for sure!! it's gonna unravel...

Edited by shamyyyy
  • Like 2

I'm disappointed. My first thought: Amy tries the forbidden fruits of a Bohemian life ... including kisses strangers. And Sheldon is the sorrowful and broken saint. He was ready to propose ....and has to witness that Amy kisses a other man. Now all (esp. the common audience) are sad for Sheldon. It is not fair to imply that the Shamy breake-up is only Amys blame. I think the writers will never tell us Amys reasons (too much screen time). None of them mentioned the relationship agreement in the unaired episodes, or? (sorry for my English)

• Like 2

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic