[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Probably because I like Sheldon the way he is and I don't see why the writers have to be so cruel with him to "turn him into a human", which they don't need to do because he already is human, you know, even though he would like to be a robot, he's not.

I indurstand it,but if he wants to win back Amy must change a little bit he can t a t like a robot forever! Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

• Replies 25.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• April

• A Shamy gal

• jenafan

• Amy Fowler

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morning peeps! Let me clear up and give a more in depth shamy reportings!   There were 2 takes of the second kiss... As they finish kissing the first time round. They break apart. Sheld

Ok fellow Shamies, I typed up this report on the plane home just now. I've just landed and have another hour or so until I'll be home, but I thought I'd post this at least for you all real quick.  Sor

Oh...I thought someone has already posted a TR? No? Ok. First of all, English is not my first language, so I may have misunderstood a lot of the lines. Please forgive me if the episode turns out

Posted Images

For me it means that Shamy were meant only for each other, and no one else.That's how they have always been shown on the show, no one else interested them.

Now Amy has kissed another guy, that exclusiveness is ruined and therefor the Shamy I once knew and loved has been destroyed and can never be gotten back.

Maybe I am just a hopeless romantic guy, but thats how I see and feel it.

Maybe Amy didn't went out with that guy because she was interested in him. Maybe she was just sad and confused and trying to move on because in her mind Sheldon didn't want a future with her. And she thought the best way to move on was to see someone else. Sort of like when Sheldon tried to "hit on" some girl in the bar in episode 5.

Maybe after she went out with that guy she found out she can only accept Sheldon in her life. I think this proves their love more because she's not with Sheldon because no one else wants her. She's with Sheldon because no one else interests her.

Anyway, don't be sad. I think the writers understand Shamy's love just as much as fans. They won't sabatage it on purpose.

• Like 1

I indurstand it,but if he wants to win back Amy must change a little bit he can t a t like a robot forever! Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

But he wasn't acting like a robot at all in S8. They were making progress, he was enjoying being with her, kissing her, wanting her to stay with him longer all the time, he wantdd her with him.  Sure he was far from perfect, but this breakup isn't about him being less of a robot.   Clearly we don't fully understand what it is about other than the writers are stalling doing the inevitable which is having Leonard move out eventually.   But Sheldon was far from a robot and doing quite well in S8.   This is all too contrived and getting uglier as time goes on instead of better.  I am not sure some fans will feel the same about Shamy as they did because of it.   You can have many examples of how messing up a couple too much can ruin them to where they lose fans and don't return and Chuck has done that twice over already.  You think he would learn!

• Like 6

But girls in the last taping report we see sheldon tells her that he ask other women To date him.what do you think?amy thinks that he is moved out and forget her.for what reason she can t go out with an other guy? Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

• Like 4

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK IS HAPPYENING TO THIS SHIP

I feel like I'm on the fuckin titanic. 

BOO to Amy's kiss but YAY Steven Merchant is smashing America. Don't worry guys, he never gets the girl in anything he's done. That's not me justifying it this kiss 

I agree the essence of Amy is just being pissed on and it's ridiculous, there are other ways for couples to hit rock bottom than to have one of them try another saddle. It's true, it's like some stupid fan fiction. 

You can't tell me after Sheldon witnessing that he's gonna fight harder for his girl. But then again he got Wheaton in to do this video... And now Penny knows. I dunno. There's alot of holes, it's like Amy's living a life on her own right now. And why didn't Penny know about this date.

I'm gonna do some digging, find out if that was just a one off episode for Merchant or if we're gonna see more of him. I hate to say it but because he's a name (atleast over in the UK he is) he ain't leaving anytime soon...

Edited by Amy Fowler
  • Like 5

I'm at work so just on quickly ....

1 - are we sure he's not a relative , ie not a date ?? 

2- I've heard it was a very quick peck which Amy didn't reciprocate.

3- this now all means it'll be dealt with in the 3 sweeps episodes, I think there will be upset , confusion and drama, I think P and L will help. The talk will now happen ....

4- Although I hate the kiss, I do feel hopeful all will be ok.

that was what I wanted to know. It may not have even been a date. It could have just been a colleague who gave her a ride home and took a chance. For all we know Sheldon missed her going TSA on the dude.

• Like 2

Guys what is the problem?we always hope that shwldon become more human!this is a evolution of the character!now the writers have the occasion to do that!for what reason tou are so upset? Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

details from last nights tag scene: 

Sheldon is watching a Star Trek episode with Leonard and basically says the whole Vulcan thing is a farce. He’s saying he (Sheldon) has feelings.

• Like 8

I'm bothered by the idea that Penny now knows.

I wanted shamy to reconcile on their own, and it's quite likely that now she's going to push for a reconciliation, either by telling Sheldon to forget about the guy and go for it, or by telling Amy for the ring.

Worst case scenario is that Amy watched the video and decides to get back to Sheldon because of that.

And I'm with Amy Fowler on that one. It's nice some of you think that now that he has seen the kiss he's going to try to win her back harder, but it's not logical.

If you see you freshly ex-boyfriend / girlfriend dating somebody else, do you try harder to win him / her back or do you decide it's time to cut off for good? I'll go with the second option.

I may be wrong but since the writers have decided they were going to stretch that out, it's very likely to happen that way.

• Like 4

At some point Tensor is probably coming in here to clear out the insults and move the unsupportive stuff so I think it best some people stay on topic and not inflame situation. This is starting to sound like Season 8 Lenny thread and that wasn't a fun place to be at times last season. 

I know I don't post here much ( I always read though) but I do love the Shamy dynamic, just not in a shipping sense level. I can appreciate everyone's differing points of view and feel no need to debate the right to have them. While not quite agreeing with the Shamy has ended camp, I must say I am very much on the side of those worrying about the nature of Shamy being morphed into something unrecognisable. While I have no problem with them having some kind of pause to challenge Sheldons understanding of relationship and love, I certainly don't think the writers should be stealing from the Lenny playbook to rewrite this couple. What I love about this show is the diversity of relationships. We have a Lenny. We have a Shamy. We have a Howardette. We have whatever Raj gets!  They all have their appeal ( or lack thereof) to different groups of fans. What we don't need are two couples' stories mirroring each other in different time frames. 

As a fan of the SHOW  I don't want to watch Shamy go through the SAME experiences as Lenny, even though I love that story. That's because I also enjoy the Shamy story. It doesn't mean they have to be immune to drama and short term separations, but play it out their way, not Lennys way. Sheldon is still being Sheldon with the way he is reacting ( badly and immaturely) but I'm worried that Amy is getting changed too much. I don't want her brooding alone and hiding her feelings and not wanting to explain what is going on in her head. That's Penny, not Amy. Sure, Shamy have had countless fights over the years but they were dealt with their way, which was so different to other relationships in sitcoms. Where's the relationship agreement in all this? Where's the couple who sat on that bed and poured their hearts out in Troll? Where's the strong willed Amy that forced an apology out of Sheldon for his behaviour in her lab? Conversely where's the Amy who listens to Sheldon and understands he is different to other men? Wheres the couple who negotiated their levels of intimacy at various times in their relationship through quirky repartee? 

These are very successful writers who have written countless brilliant episodes over the year. I would like to trust that they can tell the story of this breakup they felt had to happen ( rightly or wrongly) in the uniquely Shamy way. I think Amys role and character is key here. They have to get that right. Not sure they've found that sweet spot yet. I'm not asking them to hurry up the resolution or slow it  down. I just hope it  gets to a stage where it tells it the Shamy way. 

Sorry for the intrusion. I can empathise with how everyone is feeling even though my signatures suggest my personality just doesn't get that worried. It's too easy to say roll with the punchesbir get over it. All I'd say is react to episodes not reports. But then that annoyed the Lennies when I said that to them last season. Anyway, good luck and hang in there if you can. 

Beautifully said. I totally agree! I miss those type of Shamy moments. That's the way they're meant to be. If ever I wanted to suggest anything to the writers of how Shamy should be, I'd just send this. LOL.

Edited by MJistheBOMB
  • Like 4

At some point Tensor is probably coming in here to clear out the insults and move the unsupportive stuff so I think it best some people stay on topic and not inflame situation. This is starting to sound like Season 8 Lenny thread and that wasn't a fun place to be at times last season. 

I know I don't post here much ( I always read though) but I do love the Shamy dynamic, just not in a shipping sense level. I can appreciate everyone's differing points of view and feel no need to debate the right to have them. While not quite agreeing with the Shamy has ended camp, I must say I am very much on the side of those worrying about the nature of Shamy being morphed into something unrecognisable. While I have no problem with them having some kind of pause to challenge Sheldons understanding of relationship and love, I certainly don't think the writers should be stealing from the Lenny playbook to rewrite this couple. What I love about this show is the diversity of relationships. We have a Lenny. We have a Shamy. We have a Howardette. We have whatever Raj gets!  They all have their appeal ( or lack thereof) to different groups of fans. What we don't need are two couples' stories mirroring each other in different time frames. 

As a fan of the SHOW  I don't want to watch Shamy go through the SAME experiences as Lenny, even though I love that story. That's because I also enjoy the Shamy story. It doesn't mean they have to be immune to drama and short term separations, but play it out their way, not Lennys way. Sheldon is still being Sheldon with the way he is reacting ( badly and immaturely) but I'm worried that Amy is getting changed too much. I don't want her brooding alone and hiding her feelings and not wanting to explain what is going on in her head. That's Penny, not Amy. Sure, Shamy have had countless fights over the years but they were dealt with their way, which was so different to other relationships in sitcoms. Where's the relationship agreement in all this? Where's the couple who sat on that bed and poured their hearts out in Troll? Where's the strong willed Amy that forced an apology out of Sheldon for his behaviour in her lab? Conversely where's the Amy who listens to Sheldon and understands he is different to other men? Wheres the couple who negotiated their levels of intimacy at various times in their relationship through quirky repartee? 

These are very successful writers who have written countless brilliant episodes over the year. I would like to trust that they can tell the story of this breakup they felt had to happen ( rightly or wrongly) in the uniquely Shamy way. I think Amys role and character is key here. They have to get that right. Not sure they've found that sweet spot yet. I'm not asking them to hurry up the resolution or slow it  down. I just hope it  gets to a stage where it tells it the Shamy way. 

Sorry for the intrusion. I can empathise with how everyone is feeling even though my signatures suggest my personality just doesn't get that worried. It's too easy to say roll with the punchesbir get over it. All I'd say is react to episodes not reports. But then that annoyed the Lennies when I said that to them last season. Anyway, good luck and hang in there if you can. 

Thank you...this is I think a concern that I have and trust others have as well that have followed Shamy since they met.  I feel they have not done Amy any justice in this story and in fact have made me and possibly others, wonder why we even want Sheldon back with her because it is so poorly written.   First, as you said, Shamy have ALWAYS worked through their problems together.  SO this breakup is not feeling organic to the couple.  But say we can get past that and feel a break-up may have merit, it is how they are focusing purely on Sheldon being Sheldon and Amy now just being any other girl that is disturbing.  She is no longer unique or Amy in character.  

Likewise, not really getting any of her POV is not helping the story.   She is coming across a bit cold and detached in many ways and that isn't Amy.   I even have found myself questioning whether she truly did love Sheldon or  not because I am not getting any sense of warmth or love for him from her the way it is written thus far.   So you are right, unless they fix this changed version of Amy back to being the Amy we know and start getting somewhere with both of them, then this story just remains frustrating.  

So far we see no further growth from Sheldon, just a deep yearing for her and a whole lot of fear from him of losing her, and we see angry, cold and detached Amy in many ways.   I think the only thing that I feel she has done well based on taping reports and viewing reports is that she did stand outside the door in Monday's episode (which could mean that she was lingering and perhaps was hoping he would come after her?  Not sure what made her linger, but that could be construed as encouraging) and in the fifth episode where she seems to be upset when she learns SHeldon had asked out two women.  And I guess that she is still taking Skype calls and reading his emails is encouraging.  But she will those things really be noticed by a casual viewer that much?  To be honest, those skip over me completely unless pointed out.   And I normally am fairly observant and of course analyze this to death like the rest of us.   

Overall I am very disappointed in the writing of this and still am not even sure where it is leading other than it is breaking Sheldon.  It really reminds me of an interview where Molaro said that Amy knows how to break Sheldon and at the time, I  wondered why if you love someone why you would ever want to break them.  It kind of disturbs me thinking that is what is going on here.   I hope I am wrong.   But he is being broken and I am not sure that even if he does realize he treated her poorly if he will ever feel he can trust her again with the way they are writing this.  Will he be in constant fear she is going to get mad and break up again or will he be able to forgive her for what he witnessed?  I just think there are a lot of issues here they are introducing that are going to be hard to resolve in a comedy in any satisfactory fashion without sacrificing the essence of who they are in the process.  I hope they prove me wrong.

If you love someone, you don't forget them quickly and taking a step back and just working on herself was what she wanted.   She should be doing that instead of "dating" if that is the case.  She isn't ready even if she thinks Sheldon has decided he is ready.  What she needs to be doing is figuring out what she really wants in a relationship and what she wants to bring to it and what she wants her partner to bring to it and then possibly date.  But she hasn't done that.   Likewise you should never date when you still have too strong of feelings for another person.  Even if she is angry as heck and kind of "hates" him more than "loves" him at the moment...it is a bad time to date.   She needs to get her act together first.

At this point I am with Chaliceianna...it may not be a date.  We don't really know who the guy was and even what the deal was there...but I a not going to think they are ruined by it just yet since we don't know who he was.   I think it is unlikely Penny would not know about her having a date if she had one and unlikely Penny would let Sheldon storm off to propose if she knew Amy was on a date that evening.  So I am still holding out hope that there is a logical explanation for who he is and that we will find out that Amy did not arrange a date and that she is completely innocent still.

• Like 6

Leave it to you to express things in such a wonderful, well thought out way. Everything about this is spot on how I am feeling, just add the extra crazy shipper feels to it.  But this is where my point of view comes from.  Great post as always.

Edited by nickelette424
  • Like 2

I don't often reply to the threads but having been on this forum for years now and a hardcore Shamy shipper, I have say I am actually really happy with the way things are going. Ok there is trouble in paradise but who's relationship is perfect anyway. We know how much these two love each other and we know they will be together again.

So what if Amy is on a date and kissed another man. She's hurt, confused, lonely and probably trying to convince herself she's over Sheldon (who as far as she knows he is asking out other women). Sheldon is panicking and doesn't know how to resolve the situation, he is so blinded by his fear that he can't think straight, but perhaps once he feels all hope is lost he might stop thinking of ways to get her back and reflect on the problems that where in the relationship. 

The whole it's her fault/ his fault isn't really as important as lets fix what upsets both of us and move on from there.

I love these two so much that I think it would take one of them dying for me to give up on the SHAMY. lol :sungum:

That's the spirit! I love this post and I completely agree with you!

• Like 4

What a sad day I have ahead of me... The dangerous thing about this PLOT is that it might make viewers hate Amy. I know I don't like her right now...

this I agree with and my biggest fear of all.  Because I can see it brewing the hatred of Amy and I hate that BUT and a big BUT if next week or two she does get humble pie and reconize the hole she's dug and how she's a mess too then I'm ok with this.

• Like 7

For me it means that Shamy were meant only for each other, and no one else.That's how they have always been shown on the show, no one else interested them.

Now Amy has kissed another guy, that exclusiveness is ruined and therefor the Shamy I once knew and loved has been destroyed and can never be gotten back.

Maybe I am just a hopeless romantic guy, but thats how I see and feel it.

Yes, this.  Their inexperience and utter exclusivity is what made them unique.

And don't forget Sheldon's eidetic memory - for the rest of his life he will be able to SEE her kiss that man in perfect detail.

Much worse than the Leonard/Mandy kiss.

I actually don't know how Sheldon moves on from there.  :-(

Edited by jlove
  • Like 2

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK IS HAPPYENING TO THIS SHIP

I feel like I'm on the fuckin titanic. 

BOO to Amy's kiss but YAY Steven Merchant is smashing America. Don't worry guys, he never gets the girl in anything he's done. That's not me justifying it this kiss 

I agree the essence of Amy is just being pissed on and it's ridiculous, there are other ways for couples to hit rock bottom than to have one of them try another saddle. It's true, it's like some stupid fan fiction. 

You can't tell me after Sheldon witnessing that he's gonna fight harder for his girl. But then again he got Wheaton in to do this video... And now Penny knows. I dunno. There's alot of holes, it's like Amy's living a life on her own right now. And why didn't Penny know about this date.

I'm gonna do some digging, find out if that was just a one off episode for Merchant or if we're gonna see more of him. I hate to say it but because he's a name (atleast over in the UK he is) he ain't leaving anytime soon...

I'm worried about it to...since he is kind of famous (I didn't know him, but then I made some researches) I'm worried that the part of the random guy who appears for 10 seconds and never again is too little for him. Nobody has said anything to the press up to now, but maybe they will wait to make a press release  when the airing date of the episode is coming, or will announce it after the episode airs...Not that I think he can stay in the cast forever and being Amy's actual new boyfriend or something, but it annoys me that we have to see the cliché plot of boys fighting after girl...I don't like it at all! 

As for the ring, I would hate so much if Amy discovers it from a documentary or from Penny and just this gives her second thoughts about her relationship. It was bad enough that Sheldon didn't find a better way to fix things than proposing out of the blue, but if the ring is what will bring them together again....just no!!! They have to clean everything up before going into marriage (eventually...at this point is sounds so far away...), a proposal is not a solution!

Sheldon...He was selfish and for sure to want to stop being sad is not a good reason to get married, so in a way, better that he didn't had the chance of doing it. Anyway, the character I know would never accept Amy kissing another person, and to think that he has to fight for her is, as far as I understand the character, OOC. Watching Amy kissing (even though quickly) another man goes against whatever he believes in and his own fears (germophobia, do you remember that that was one of his problems against sex?) The only positive thing I can come up with is that that could be the plan of the writers...to show that he has changed, grown and ready to start a new life with Amy showing that he has overcome also his biggest fears....Anyway, I still don't  like that at all!

Finally, Amy...what are they doing? She is not her at all, they are destroying a beloved character, not making her date another man, but just not making her decision clear to the audience and not showing her point of view. We are thinking she went on that date because she misunderstood Sheldon's comment last episode, but is that true? We don't know anything at all...and that's frustrating...my feeling towards her right now are not very "kind", she used to be one of my favourite character, but right now I don't understand her at all, so I don't like her. And again, it's not her dating another person (even if as I have told before this for me is a deal breaker), it's not knowing what she thinks.

• Like 6

I've let this stew for a few hours and here are my thoughts.  Not looking for back & fourths here, just my take on what I think is going on, and where to go from here:

Sheldon:.  Very ok with his situation last night.  Up until him seeing her "kiss" every action of his was still selfish.  He was running to propose because HE was done feeling that way.  Never once was he thinking of Amy's feelings in all of that.  And yes, this visual of Amy moving on is hard, and will of course pull him even lower BUT I do think its something he will get over because in some way it will pull out him thinking more of her rather than himself.  It sucks seeing him so down BUT I get this.  I also am ok with him opening up to his friends about the ring in a heat-of-the-moment-put-against-a-wall situation.  Its probably been eating away a little bit.  So its out there.  

Amy: Not ok with us not seeing her feelings but its clear she took their last encounter that he was in fact moving on, so she did to.  Now we really have no idea on the context of this "date".  This could be a co-worker and I'm happy Amy didn't initiate the kiss.  While its not ideal now more of the group know where Sheldon's head is who may smack Amy across the face..  She needs it, and honestly I understand they are exploring the Amy's characters teenage growth in a way.  She is testing the waters, never has ever had situations like this but is she digging a bigger hole yes, but I do think its done now

What this all means & where its headed: Still firm on reconciling by E9 (yes I've moved it ahead from E8).  We have 3 episodes for sweep yet to be taped.  This was the last Monday episode which I knew would have some sci-fi dynamic as its the heavily PR'd lead-in to Supergirl.  I do think Sheldon is now in a full depression BUT will think of Amy and moving on.  Amy on the other hand will somehow get a dose of humble pie once she views/hears about that video.  The fact Sheldon's meltdown was recorded by Wil and they made a firm point in letting you know this makes me think somehow she'll view it.  Will this delay an engagement sure because now I'm confident Sheldon would be gun shy BUT I don't think it will delay the reconcilation past E9.  I'm ok if she views the video.  It will smack her across the face.  I do think within the next few episodes a heated discussion is coming.  No longer calm & collective but heated.  And she coming to him.  In the heated format everything will come pouring out.   

By no means is it ideal BUT I do see where this could possibly go and I'm ok with it and will continue the journey.  

Yes, exactly!We again make conclusions with a lack of information. The subject of the "date" can be innocent.

I hate those moments of reticence, ignorance and misunderstanding. :( 

• Like 3

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic