[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Tensor

But Sheldon told Leonard about Amy´s kiss?

I don't think that was in the taping summary...that he told Leonard, that is...but I do know that he admitted to Leonard that the whole Vulcan thing is a farce (meaning he does have feelings and can't control them.)

perhaps the guy she kissed was her father

Given he is close to her age, um...no.  He would have to have been about 1-2 years old when he fathered her.  LOL!

• Like 3

I was thinking about the "iron clause" on the RelAg (about Amy going out with another man) that Sheldon pointed to Raj when they met Emily with another guy at the end of season 7 (I think episode 23).

Where is the RelAg? Where is the Emergency contact ?

and what has Amy done with the Tiara, the Xmas gift, the mushroom log, the Prom photo? She didn´t return those things to Sheldon! (at least,we haven´t seen her doing such things)

It is very odd and strange that the RelAg hasn´t been named in the last 6 episodes.(Amy did in ep 3, according with TR, but apparently in a brief way) 

In Table (7x16) the first thing Sheldon did when he decided to break up with Amy is to run quickly to her apartment to finish the RelAg as soon as posible!

I don't expect Sheldon is going to complain about her breaking the clauses of the RA. He also has broken them by asking other women out. And he is calling this situation a "break-up" since the very first moment, actually even before Amy decided to really breaking up with him, so he seems to not feel the necessity of signing any termination note to make it official. It is a lack of continuity with respect to what we saw in 7.16, I totally agree, but maybe it's a way to take the two of them apart as long as possible. If they were going to sign something, they most likely would have had also the possibility of speaking about their problems and we all know that a bit of conversation is all that is needed in order to wrap thing up. I think the RA will be forgotten for as much time the writers think the break up will last...at most (but for me not very likely), it will be used as a tool at the very end of it, in order to make them have the  conversation we are all waiting for.

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 3

Rachel, the American Thanksgiving holiday falls within that period.  There was a three week period over that holiday last year also. 

ok thanks 

That explains it then

Also When do the USA clocks go back?

UK is at the end of this month

Edited by rachelshamyfan

I don't expect Sheldon is going to complain about her breaking the clauses of the RA. He also has broken them by asking other women out. And he is calling this situation a "break-up" since the very first moment, actually even before Amy decided to really breaking up with him, so he seems to not feel the necessity of signing any termination note to make it official. It is a lack of continuity with respect to what we saw in 7.16, I totally agree, but maybe it's a way to take the two of them apart as long as possible. If they were going to sign something, they most likely would have had also the possibility of speaking about their problems and we all know that a bit of conversation is all that is needed in order to wrap thing up. I think the RA will be forgotten for as much time the writers think the break up will last...at most (but for me not very likely), it will be used as a tool at the very end of it, in order to make them have the  conversation we are all waiting for.

There's always the possibility that it was signed off-screen and the writers have chosen not to mention it - either because they knew the reaction they would get if it was confirmed or because they won't to create the impression that it hasn't been done yet to keep everyone guessing. 

It wasn't in the TR what Sheldon told Leonard.  He may not have said anything.  He may have said that he only saw her with another man.  He may have said she wasn't there. 

From what Leonard said to him (to think more to real persons in his life rather than to fictional characters) I got the impression Sheldon told him  (off-screen) what happened, or at least told him that something went really wrong...

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 5

From what Leonard said to him (to think more to real persons in his life rather than to fictional characters) I got the impression Sheldon told him  (off-screen) what happened, or at least told him that something went really wrong...

I got the impression that he had told Leonard that something had gone wrong to prompt Leonard to say what he did as well.  But we don't know if he told him what he actually saw.  I'm of the mind that he didn't tell him about the kiss, because than Leonard could have used his own experience of having kissed someone else as a prompt instead.

Just popping in real quick to say that I made another heartbreaking Shamy set because I hate myself. 

from strangers to lovers

I love your sets. Thank you :) 

perhaps the guy she kissed was her father

that would be a hilarious turn of events but no :laugh: 

So I was just looking at the taping dates and there is a three week gap between 11 and 12

I hope we are not left hanging on a cliff hanger, though we probably will be

I can't be dealing with a 3 week cliffhanger or I will die

• Like 1

I got the impression that he had told Leonard that something had gone wrong to prompt Leonard to say what he did as well.  But we don't know if he told him what he actually saw.  I'm of the mind that he didn't tell him about the kiss, because than Leonard could have used his own experience of having kissed someone else as a prompt instead.

I don't know...as much as I hate that they happened, the "kiss" and the "date" (or whatever they are) for me are not the central point of the episode; the focus, starting from the title of the episode to the tag,  is on Sheldon and his acceptance of his own emotions and feelings (the happy and above all the sad ones) so I see Leonard's answer, whether he knows everything or not,  as a sort of a reinforcement of that idea...

• Like 6

I can't be dealing with a 3 week cliffhanger or I will die

Now you've said that, there probably will be a cliffhanger.  :icon_frown:

I don't know...as much as I hate that they happened, the "kiss" and the "date" (or whatever they are) for me are not the central point of the episode; the focus, starting from the title of the episode to the tag,  is on Sheldon and his acceptance of his own emotions and feelings (the happy and above all the sad ones) so I see Leonard's answer, whether he knows everything or not,  as a sort of a reinforcement of that idea...

I think you're right, the thing with Amy wasn't the focus for this episode, however I'm wondering if they will somehow tie in what happened to Leonard to it, if only so that Sheldon will see that it doesn't mean it's the end.  In fact I'm now wondering if the Leonard kiss on the boat two years  ago is a catalyst to getting Shamy back together and that's why they suddenly decided to have it..... nahhh that's stupid isn't it?

Edited by A Shamy gal
  • Like 7

Now you've said that, there probably will be a cliffhanger.  :icon_frown:

I think you're right, the thing with Amy wasn't the focus for this episode, however I'm wondering if they will somehow tie in what happened to Leonard to it, if only so that Sheldon will see that it doesn't mean it's the end.  In fact I'm now wondering if the Leonard kiss on the boat two years  ago is a catalyst to getting Shamy back together and that's why they suddenly decided to have it..... nahhh that's stupid isn't it?

Mmm...good point, really! You know, I never bought the fact the writers don't plan in advance, not now that they are in their late seasons at least; the "big picture", the main plot lines need to be clear from the very beginning, IMO. It can be...Let's see what happens!

• Like 5

And there are those moderately famous, who had played secondary roles in other series and such, who are invited to play small but semi-relevant parts, in one episode or a couple of them

Ryan Cartwright and Michael Trucco are moderately famous, but they only appeared in one episode each.

*Emerging from the shadows of the unspoiled for a moment*

I'll write my comment concerning the recent 2nd episode here, since the other Shamy thread seems to be very silent... I'm sorry I haven't had time to read the threads here and I don't mean to interrupt the flow of conversation here, so I'll make my comment shortly. I have to admit, I'm a little bit shocked what I saw in the latest episode. It's something I wouldn't have wanted to see in the show. I understand it was a dream sequence, but still it feels I'm a little bit disappointed.  I feel sorry for the writers that they had to use the shock value of it. I don't see a need to use that Shenny kiss to bring humor, attention or anything important to the show.

Also I can't elaborate yet some the things I feel disappointed about. For example, I would have liked Sheldon to bring up the relationship agreement in some way with this break-up. It seems some characters are getting odd twists to their personality to just for the sake of story plots. It seems that the show has gone from intuitive writing to something else, but this change has happened a lot earlier, not in the season 9.

What I like with the latest two episodes, is that Amy is finally getting her backbone and setting her limits with Sheldon for real. That's the Amy I used to know in seasons 4-5. That's the Amy I fell in love with, the brilliant scientist woman. She is not Sheldon's doormat, and never was one or isn't going to be. She is finally openly showing for real, how disappointed and tired he actually is with Sheldon, and has been for a long time. I'm looking forward, what the future holds for these two. I don't say I like the break-up, but for Amy it is a good thing to have a healthy break from this relationship. I hope they finally find at least acceptable level of healthy balance to their relationship through this break-up.

Edited by Catlina
  • Like 9

Very well put, thought out and reasoned. However, I think that the problem we have now is that we don't know if Amy wants to get back with Sheldon or not (at this time), because as we stand this very moment, we have an idea where Amy stands but we don't know exactly, because they haven't have had "the sit down talk" . As you say it would be a lot for Sheldon to stomach. I also agree that the way a person behaves shortly after a break up will determine how you see them, but while not together people need to be cut some slack because everybody goes through this things differently. In this particular case I want to have more information before making a judgment on the kiss and the "date" storyline.

Yes I agree, it's all hypothetical after all. From practical reasons - Mayim being supportive character/crowned cast/ limited screen time etc... I think no matter if Amy will be showed now as wanting or not wanting to have relationship with Sheldon we will sooner or later facing reconciliation and that will be something to be dealt with. Even while ignoring characters principles and feelings to get an easy fix surely wouldn't be first time for this show. I could see it easily go that way too. While I agree people need to be cut some slack, I'm honestly not holding it against the person if they decided, they just don't want to deal with consequences. After all emotions are tricky game and while you can be resigned it's whole new story if you actually accept it to the degree of not holding grudge against the person and move on. Sheldon might be logical, but while dealing with strong, unfamiliar emotions, he can be everything  but that. I guess how it all will play out now  depends on the backstory of the kiss and development of their "broken up" storyline in the future. And hopefully at that time there will be more to say of Amy's because I'm feeling rather silly trying to wrote here some coherent POV on her side, while I feel like all I have is few confusing lines and  my wild assumptions  :icon_wink:

• Like 3

Rachel, Amy Fowler  or anyone else better than me at sharing / posting things from Tumblr ??? ..... There is a really cute gif set on there today with season 8 happy Shamy, it really made me smile , and miss them together even more but I think you'd all like it if anyone is able to put it on here ?? Think it's about 10 gifs all black and white apart from the first one its in colour ( they're in the fort in that one ) all season 8 happy smiling Shamy. 

Also just have to say the show is just not the same without them interacting in there own together Shamy way :(

Enjoy the gifs of anyone can share them here. Lots of positive thoughts for the weeks TR being something very positive towards reconciliation !!! :) 

Edited by Soopysue
  • Like 2

tumblr_inline_nvhiu85lHI1rlxko0_540.gif

I rather like this one...

Rachel, Amy Fowler  or anyone else better than me at sharing / posting things from Tumblr ??? ..... There is a really cute gif set on there today with season 8 happy Shamy, it really made me smile , and miss them together even more but I think you'd all like it if anyone is able to put it on here ?? Think it's about 10 gifs all black and white apart from the first one its in colour ( they're in the fort in that one ) all season 8 happy smiling Shamy. 

Also just have to say the show is just not the same without them interacting in there own together Shamy way :(

Enjoy the gifs of anyone can share them here. Lots of positive thoughts for the weeks TR being something very positive towards reconciliation !!! :) 

who is the tumblr handle account please?

tumblr_nvgdtuZTM81tllb7go2_250.gif

tumblr_nvgdtuZTM81tllb7go1_250.gif

http://wafelisen.tumblr.com/post/130393452655/ourkidswouldbemartians-happy-shamy-is-my

• Like 3

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic