[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Tensor

If they did shoot out of order, wouldn't 907 had been on last week's script and 906 on this week's?

The only thing I know is that if they shot them in the correct order, yesterday episode is a complete let-down: Sheldon has not changed at any rate and the breakdown has left zero consequences, Penny is a terrible friend since knowing what she knows she suggests Amy new ways to break Sheldon's heart (I'm not saying here that she has to encourage her to make it up with him, if she doesn't want to, it wouldn't be fair either, but just to not push her), this "Dave" is still here...If the episodes go the other way around, there's a little chance that we may have some good news from the next taping. So, all things considered and since the next taping will be in two weeks, so more angst for us, I want to believe they shot them out of order!

• Like 5

I pray that they are out of order! It was mentioned (I never read reports anymore, I just go by what I read in here or am told on facebook by friends. LOL) Lenny looked like they felt bad for Sheldon after his break down in front of them and Wil. When I read that I was like, "YES! Support! They'll feel bad enough to take action for their friends...." and then to get what we got tonight I was like, "THEY'RE ALL ASSHOLES!" LOL....It just wouldn't make sense to go from that to this....but we shall see I guess....

• Like 5

I pray that they are out of order! It was mentioned (I never read reports anymore, I just go by what I read in here or am told on facebook by friends. LOL) Lenny looked like they felt bad for Sheldon after his break down in front of them and Wil. When I read that I was like, "YES! Support! They'll feel bad enough to take action for their friends...." and then to get what we got tonight I was like, "THEY'RE ALL ASSHOLES!" LOL....It just wouldn't make sense to go from that to this....but we shall see I guess....

I agree it wouldn't make any sense, but than a lot of things about the storyline don't make sense to me at the moment.

• Like 3

Production order is not always air time order.  They have often shot things in different order from when they air.   It often can be that something in a production is shot in production order, because that is when they told recurring actors or guest actors to be available and were working around schedules.  But that does not mean it airs in that order from a story-telling perspective.

I have been thinking about the order and I still believe they are out of order but I don't know what makes me madder then....being mad at Penny for having knowledge about the ring if it is shot in order or knowing that Amy had a previous date with Dave and is actually on a subsequent date (or possibly even third date by then) with him in 9.06 when she allows him to peck her on the lips.  And given their height difference she clearly had to participate in the peck in order to reach up high enough for him to reach her lips since the actor is 6'7".   So that to me sounds like she found him interesting enough to at least date more than once and that I find disturbing as well.   And if she had only had texts with him previously and this was their first "date" then allowing him to kiss her as well is disturbing...and did she allow the other dates to do the same?   See what can of worms that opens up?   Ugh...I hate this and that they felt they had to go to this extreme.   

I mean would she, if Penny told her that Sheldon saw her on the date, say that she had a good time just because she is still getting even with him and so Penny doesn't tell her about the engagement ring?  Or worse, Penny tells her and Amy says "oh well it is a good thing he didn't ask me because I am having so much fun dating other people"?????  Ugh...just hate the way the mind makes me go so negative just because every time I get positive they present a more negative situation.  Just really can't stand how that makes me feel.  :girlwah:

If she truly is grossed out and doesn't want to date anyone else but Sheldon after....then great...that is what we want her to conclude...but the kiss is still a bit disconcerting and I cannot figure out how that fits in with something positive at the moment.

It's that is the case, then I'm starting to feel like the break up is coming to an end now.  Sheldon's comment, her mother, and her friends have probably egged her on.  Amy goes out for coffee with 3 guys, finds she cannot find anyone who does for her what Sheldon does.   The ring is revealed publically.  Sheldon catches her kissing Dave and goes back to his apartment acknowledging that he does have feelings that cannot be denied.  

The only positive thing I can see by Amy dating is that she has proven to herself that for her there is no one better than Sheldon, which makes her appreciate him more.    Sheldon now sees that he has competition and starts to treat her better.

Both end up distraught, somehow get thrown together to talk, then boom -- reconciliation!

This was my initial thought until I realized that she has dated Dave before according to tonight's report (assuming this comes before the episode where they share the lip-peck).   So if that is the case, then she obviously felt he was worthy of a second look.   I just hope that it comes to the same result as you stated above here though...but will Sheldon be able to deal with knowing she kissed another man...that is still the wild-card in this as well.  :girlsigh:  I so want that Episode 8 is a step toward reconciliation (a big, big step at that)...and that it is finalized in E9....but not sure now...hopeful still but wary as well.

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 2

Production order is not always air time order.  They have often shot things in different order from when they air.   It often can be that something in a production is shot in production order, because that is when they told recurring actors or guest actors to be available and were working around schedules.  But that does not mean it airs in that order from a story-telling perspective.

I have been thinking about the order and I still believe they are out of order but I don't know what makes me madder then....being mad at Penny for having knowledge about the ring if it is shot in order or knowing that Amy had a previous date with Dave and is actually on a subsequent date (or possibly even third date by then) with him in 9.06 when she allows him to peck her on the lips.  And given their height difference she clearly had to participate in the peck in order to reach up high enough for him to reach her lips since the actor is 6'7".   So that to me sounds like she found him interesting enough to at least date more than once and that I find disturbing as well.   And if she had only had texts with him previously and this was their first "date" then allowing him to kiss her as well is disturbing...and did she allow the other dates to do the same?   See what can of worms that opens up?   Ugh...I hate this and that they felt they had to go to this extreme.   

I mean would she, if Penny told her that Sheldon saw her on the date, say that she had a good time just because she is still getting even with him and so Penny doesn't tell her about the engagement ring?  Or worse, Penny tells her and Amy says "oh well it is a good thing he didn't ask me because I am having so much fun dating other people"?????  Ugh...just hate the way the mind makes me go so negative just because every time I get positive they present a more negative situation.  Just really can't stand how that makes me feel.  :girlwah:

If she truly is grossed out and doesn't want to date anyone else but Sheldon after....then great...that is what we want her to conclude...but the kiss is still a bit disconcerting and I cannot figure out how that fits in with something positive at the moment.

Her kissing another guy won't be explained from her point of view, it was simply put in so that Sheldon would see it and for him to react to it.

• Like 2

Amen, Koops!  That is what I am saying...no matter how you slice it...it is all messed up!   No matter the airing order, things are disturbing about it and you raise a very good point about the story in tonight's taped episode.   Why the heck didn't someone speak up?  Good grief...it is so beyond belief..they really expect us to be stupid and not notice these things and even casual viewers will notice that.  I mean because they were upset that Penny and Leonard live with Sheldon...so you know they are going to wonder why Penny didn't open her mouth and say something about Sheldon being so distraught that she and her new husband have to live with him....good grief.  Sigh...just makes me angry and I need to get to bed.   

• Like 2

It's that is the case, then I'm starting to feel like the break up is coming to an end now.  Sheldon's comment, her mother, and her friends have probably egged her on.  Amy goes out for coffee with 3 guys, finds she cannot find anyone who does for her what Sheldon does.   The ring is revealed publically.  Sheldon catches her kissing Dave and goes back to his apartment acknowledging that he does have feelings that cannot be denied.  

The only positive thing I can see by Amy dating is that she has proven to herself that for her there is no one better than Sheldon, which makes her appreciate him more.    Sheldon now sees that he has competition and starts to treat her better.

Both end up distraught, somehow get thrown together to talk, then boom -- reconciliation!

The one positive thing, well two actually .... Amy doesn't need an app to get a man and more importantly she's not just settling for Sheldon.  Assuming they ever do get back together that is.

• Like 4

Molaro has lied...

He said that neither Sheldon or Amy will be playing the field but look what has happened. I think this is the first time he has outright lied about something.

Anyway, I'm still hanging on and optimistic about a reconciliation soon. I'm just in that kind of a stupidly positive mood today :icon_lol:

• Like 7

... What happened to Shamy.... :icon_neutral: I'm so sad. Trying to understand where the writers are taking this but the dots don´t connect well. I really don´t believe that Shamy are coming back together after Amy sees that video or even if she's gonna see it just now... 

• Like 1

I agree with you guys, enough of the Sheldon doesn't understand sex puns shit. LOL. One moment he's making gestures with his head about Penny giving head to someone and then next he's clueless? Makes no sense. LOL.

totally forgot about that!. Argh its all a mess. He's way to smart to not know what sex and what all its innuendo puns are

The new rearrangement of episodes seems to make sense thank you Stardust and April

I hate this. Like more than ever now. The show's dynamic has gotten ridiculous all cause of this stupid break up. I miss seeing Sheldon's interactions with the gang, dinners round Howardettes house just aren't the same as when they we're around 4A. I don't understand how this hasn't effected Sheldon's regimented lifestyle, a break up wouldn't be something he'd let get in the way of his routine, he'd want everything to stay the same so why isn't he fighting for that. I won't even get started again on 'clueless about sex Sheldon' that seems to be the only stupid bloody thing the the writers have continued on with. If last nights episode was an episode before then I feel we're backtracking which is SUPER FRUSTRATING. They better have a bloody good nice Shamy surprise in store for E8 cause this break up is slowly disinteresting me now. From the stairwell episode onwards I'll be skipping any Shamy story points I think cause I can't go on with a whole season on nasty Shamyness all cause these two won't sit down and fuckin communicate with each other. Easy fix or not sitcoms are never suppose to be this heavy..

Edited by Amy Fowler
  • Like 4

Sheldon was communicating to Amy that he wanted her back, but he was doing it the only way Sheldon knows how.   He never would have reverted to those insults if she had just given him the answers he asked for and tried to help him understand why she needed the break.  His reactions are most certainly her fault.   I'm not condoning them, just explaining why I feel he did what he did.

Holy shit!!  Do you guys actually hear yourselves??!!  That bolded part sounds like victim blaming.  And the last bolded part??

Are you fucking kidding me??!!

A persons reactions and/or actions are the sole responsibility of the person reacting.  Nobody else's.  Unless she literally held a gun to his head and told him to treat her like that, but that's not what happened. 

Everyone is responsible for their own actions.  Period.  

@Chiany. For me, I said by Nov. sweeps.  Episode 7 just happens to be the first one.  But if we don't see a reconciliation or at the very least some serious forward movements by episode 9 (last one for Nov. sweeps) then yeah, I'll be quickly losing interest and see that this story could've been great but all they're doing is stalling and by then, it will reek of it.

As for the gang not being "true" friends to Shamy in this break-up?  I do think 6 & 7 are backwards (has to be to make ANY sense) and now that Penny & Leonard know what Sheldon's true feelings and intentions are, I really think we're going to see a complete reversal of them trying to fix her up with somebody and trying to get their Shamy back together.  

And yeah to how Amy's being written differently from Bill vs Steve.  I always got the impression that in the beginning of Steve's take over from Bill, Steve didn't really like Amy.    Anybody else feel that way?

• Like 8

Sheldon truly is the glue that holds this group together. LOL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=51&v=G03-2CSkXfk

I was laughing to myself when I was thinking of this Jackson 5 song that completely goes with this situation. LOL!

Sang it, MJ!

It's called, "Get It Together"

Awesome!!!! nothing better than a little MJ. next we'll see Sheldon singing. "she's out of my life"  lol. <3

• Like 1

I still don't understand why Penny doesn't warn Sheldon, but I'm even more hopeful that the resolution will come in the next episode.  I wasn't  sure how they could reconcile and explain the date with Dave in one episode, now they don't have to.  It also flows more smoothly from their stairwell conversation.

I am a little worried about the unspoiled folks, it adds up a lot of episodes where either Sheldon or Amy aren't visibly shaken by the breakup.  If I had to watch it unspoiled I'd be very discouraged.

• Like 4

totally forgot about that!. Argh its all a mess. He's way to smart to not know what sex and what all its innuendo puns are

The new rearrangement of episodes seems to make sense thank you Stardust and April

I hate this. Like more than ever now. The show's dynamic has gotten ridiculous all cause of this stupid break up. I miss seeing Sheldon's interactions with the gang, dinners round Howardettes house just aren't the same as when they we're around 4A. I don't understand how this hasn't effected Sheldon's regimented lifestyle, a break up wouldn't be something he'd let get in the way of his routine, he'd want everything to stay the same so why isn't he fighting for that. I won't even get started again on 'clueless about sex Sheldon' that seems to be the only stupid bloody thing the the writers have continued on with. If last nights episode was an episode before then I feel we're backtracking which is SUPER FRUSTRATING. They better have a bloody good nice Shamy surprise in store for E8 cause this break up is slowly disinteresting me now. From the stairwell episode onwards I'll be skipping any Shamy story points I think cause I can't go on with a whole season on nasty Shamyness all cause these two won't sit down and fuckin communicate with each other. Easy fix or not sitcoms are never suppose to be this heavy..

Are they definitely not having dinners at 4A?  There hasn't been any dinner scenes so far has there?  If Lenny are living part of the time at 4A you'd think the others would still be having dinner there a lot as well. 

Holy shit!!  Do you guys actually hear yourselves??!!  That bolded part sounds like victim blaming.  And the last bolded part??

Are you fucking kidding me??!!

A persons reactions and/or actions are the sole responsibility of the person reacting.  Nobody else's.  Unless she literally held a gun to his head and told him to treat her like that, but that's not what happened. 

Everyone is responsible for their own actions.  Period.  

@Chiany. For me, I said by Nov. sweeps.  Episode 7 just happens to be the first one.  But if we don't see a reconciliation or at the very least some serious forward movements by episode 9 (last one for Nov. sweeps) then yeah, I'll be quickly losing interest and see that this story could've been great but all they're doing is stalling and by then, it will reek of it.

As for the gang not being "true" friends to Shamy in this break-up?  I do think 6 & 7 are backwards (has to be to make ANY sense) and now that Penny & Leonard know what Sheldon's true feelings and intentions are, I really think we're going to see a complete reversal of them trying to fix her up with somebody and trying to get their Shamy back together.  

And yeah to how Amy's being written differently from Bill vs Steve.  I always got the impression that in the beginning of Steve's take over from Bill, Steve didn't really like Amy.    Anybody else feel that way?

Yes...I felt that the handoff from Bill to Steve felt very much like Steve didn't like Amy.   I think he did start to like Shamy as a couple and realized that MaJim have a very special relationship and chemistry that made them (as Kunal said) electric to watch...but now I am wondering why he wanted to destroy that.  Because that is exactly what it feels like thus far this season.  I can't give him all the blame though...Chuck was on the first six scripts of the season...just sayin'.   

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic