[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

I was thinking about a possible explanation for the fact the guys didn't tell Amy that Sheldon asked two women out just because they suggested it...Raj and Howard arrived, if I understood well the TR, after Amy, Penny and Bernie begun discussing about the app, am I wrong on this one? Maybe Amy showed jealousy and anger for Sheldon's behavior just in front of the girls, and when the guys arrived they spoke only about the technicalities of the app. Everything is very farfetched anyway...I just hope the episodes are out of order...The more I think about it, the more confused I am...If there is a inner logic in the story they HAVE TO BE out of order, right? Sorry, guys, I'm just in panic mode right now....I know they are out of order!

• Like 5

• Replies 25.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• April

• A Shamy gal

• jenafan

• Amy Fowler

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morning peeps! Let me clear up and give a more in depth shamy reportings!   There were 2 takes of the second kiss... As they finish kissing the first time round. They break apart. Sheld

Ok fellow Shamies, I typed up this report on the plane home just now. I've just landed and have another hour or so until I'll be home, but I thought I'd post this at least for you all real quick.  Sor

Oh...I thought someone has already posted a TR? No? Ok. First of all, English is not my first language, so I may have misunderstood a lot of the lines. Please forgive me if the episode turns out

Posted Images

Holy shit!!  Do you guys actually hear yourselves??!!  That bolded part sounds like victim blaming.  And the last bolded part??

Are you fucking kidding me??!!

A persons reactions and/or actions are the sole responsibility of the person reacting.  Nobody else's.  Unless she literally held a gun to his head and told him to treat her like that, but that's not what happened. 

Everyone is responsible for their own actions.  Period.  

@Chiany. For me, I said by Nov. sweeps.  Episode 7 just happens to be the first one.  But if we don't see a reconciliation or at the very least some serious forward movements by episode 9 (last one for Nov. sweeps) then yeah, I'll be quickly losing interest and see that this story could've been great but all they're doing is stalling and by then, it will reek of it.

As for the gang not being "true" friends to Shamy in this break-up?  I do think 6 & 7 are backwards (has to be to make ANY sense) and now that Penny & Leonard know what Sheldon's true feelings and intentions are, I really think we're going to see a complete reversal of them trying to fix her up with somebody and trying to get their Shamy back together.  

And yeah to how Amy's being written differently from Bill vs Steve.  I always got the impression that in the beginning of Steve's take over from Bill, Steve didn't really like Amy.    Anybody else feel that way?

Ok, I'll give you that one Kathy.   You are right.   The individual reacting is really the only one in control over his/her reaction.    However, I still stand by the fact that the reaction came as a result of Amy not giving him the information he needed. 

I readily concede that I am overreacting because I don't like Amy's actions right now, which pushes me closer to defending Sheldon.

Would please kindly refrain from using the disrespectful language when addressing my commentary?   I don't care for it, thank you.

Are they definitely not having dinners at 4A?  There hasn't been any dinner scenes so far has there?  If Lenny are living part of the time at 4A you'd think the others would still be having dinner there a lot as well. 

I got to thinking.   Was 4A set back up in the 9.06 taping for the podcast, or was it still reverted back to 2003?   

If there is no furniture, that might also explain why the gatherings have been moved elsewhere and could possibly be leading up to perhaps Amy eventually moving in with all her furniture after the reconciliation.

Pure speculation on my part with no basis really than wishful thinking.

• Like 1

I got to thinking.   Was 4A set back up in the 9.06 taping for the podcast, or was it still reverted back to 2003?   

If there is no furniture, that might also explain why the gatherings have been moved elsewhere and could possibly be leading up to perhaps Amy eventually moving in with all her furniture after the reconciliation.

Pure speculation on my part with no basis really than wishful thinking.

It's back to normal.

Ok, I'll give you that one Kathy.   You are right.   The individual reacting is really the only one in control over his/her reaction.    However, I still stand by the fact that the reaction came as a result of Amy not giving him the information he needed. 

I readily concede that I am overreacting because I don't like Amy's actions right now, which pushes me closer to defending Sheldon.

Would please kindly refrain from using the disrespectful language when addressing my commentary?   I don't care for it, thank you.

First of all, I apologize for the disrespectful language but your bolded comments REALLY set me off big time.  

My oldest is a bit of a drama queen and I am constantly telling her "10/90" meaning 10% of life is the things that happen to you that you have absolutely no control over.  90% of life is how you react to it.  

There are many different ways Sheldon could be reacting to this break up but he's choosing one of the worst possible ways.  How on earth could Amy react positively to his negative reactions?

And second, thanks to our lovely quote function on this site (picture Leonard holding his sarcasm sign here), I actually quoted you last night but it wouldn't load and I thought it deleted itself.  Then it miraculously shows up when I tried to quote Chiany this morning but it seemed to have disappeared (or got swallowed up by your quote).  I'm much calmer now.  :)

• Like 3

Yes every reaction we have to anything in life is our own responsibility.  But I will agree with Jenafan here that Sheldon did initially come to her nicely and tried to understand how much more time she needed and what the "step back" was all about.   I understand to her it was not long enough and that she needed more time and was surprised he was there.  But he also explained why to him 11 hours seemed like eternity (even reminding her of her own quote).  So he felt he had followed giving her an "eternity" of time based on her comment.  When she said she still needed more time and he tried to mend things, she did not explain things.  Instead she got angry.  While I understand her annoyance, it was completely out of character for Amy to 1) need a step back from a simple question about a TV program in the first place; 2) to realize he was struggling and not try and explain things to where she knew he would understand because 3) she claims to know him better than anyone else, so why didn't she try to help him comprehend what the step back was about, what amount of time she needed, etc.   

Then on top of it when he is trying to still understand and of course reverts back to toddler tantrum throwing Sheldon, she blows up and breaks up completely.   Now that I also understand from her POV.    However, what I don't understand is how come after she had a chance to cool down, say even a week later or whatever, that she made no attempts to try and mend fences with the man she claims to love?  Or at least get them to the point that he understood her need and could honor her with it?   Instead, she  held fast to the breakup which is where the rest of what transpired could have been avoided.   For that she was foolish.  I won't say she is to blame anymore than his lack of understanding and fears driving him to behave poorly are to blame...but the escalation of things could all have been avoided if she had remained the Amy we all know.   Instead the writers wanted a breakup story so bad that they obviously did not care in the least how they could be destroying the integrity of Amy's character in the process.   They just wanted to bring back toddler Sheldon so that they could have him need his virtual parents enough to keep the newly married couple from starting their new lives together without Sheldon.   That is what is a stinking shame about all of this.  By now they have really turned the story into a three-ring circus because Amy is no longer even a glimmer of who she was which has changed the flavor and feeling about the couple as a whole.  That is what is a shame.  My only hope is they begin to rectify this by making major movements toward reconciliation starting episode 9 or else they may as well kiss this show goodbye.

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 5

So much for that idea.   Oh, well.   I wonder how Sheldon got rid of the couch and then brought it back.   Storage maybe?

I think it was stated he told Lenny he put it in the back bedrooms but I don't see how all by himself without help and even then, would a large couch like that really fit back there around the corners?

Are they definitely not having dinners at 4A?  There hasn't been any dinner scenes so far has there?  If Lenny are living part of the time at 4A you'd think the others would still be having dinner there a lot as well. 

I guess they might be having them off camera round 4A but they'd mention doing that on camera surely?

Is that how you picture Shamy coitus?

I'm sure when our Shelly gets going its quite a show :read:

specially if this is anything to go by

Ul8vcEB.gif

• Like 3

No the furnishings are back to normal.  My friend who went to the taping told me that when I asked because in the previous episode it was the living arrangements discussion episode.   She said that the entire apartment was back to it always has been with the couch and furnishings.

• Like 1

First of all, I apologize for the disrespectful language but your bolded comments REALLY set me off big time.  

My oldest is a bit of a drama queen and I am constantly telling her "10/90" meaning 10% of life is the things that happen to you that you have absolutely no control over.  90% of life is how you react to it.  

There are many different ways Sheldon could be reacting to this break up but he's choosing one of the worst possible ways.  How on earth could Amy react positively to his negative reactions?

And second, thanks to our lovely quote function on this site (picture Leonard holding his sarcasm sign here), I actually quoted you last night but it wouldn't load and I thought it deleted itself.  Then it miraculously shows up when I tried to quote Chiany this morning but it seemed to have disappeared (or got swallowed up by your quote).  I'm much calmer now.  :)

No problem, Kathy.   My husband cusses a lot, and it is one of the aspects of his personality that I have had to deal with for 20 years.   He knows better than to use it toward me, but when he talks to others I just blow it off.   I don't like it, so I tell people before I become offended by it.   Thank you for your understanding.

As far as the drama queen goes, I have to admit I have been extremely guilty as far as Sheldon is concerned.   I appear to be one-sided, but only because I put myself in his shoes and just can't understand Amy at all.   I see a broken man who cannot help himself, and an intelligent woman like Amy who can.   Sheldon has become so dependent on her for guidance and now that is gone.   I feel so sorry for him.

• Like 4

Yes every reaction we have to anything in life is our own responsibility.  But I will agree with Jenafan here that Sheldon did initially come to her nicely and tried to understand how much more time she needed and what the "step back" was all about.   I understand to her it was not long enough and that she needed more time and was surprised he was there.  But he also explained why to him 11 hours seemed like eternity (even reminding her of her own quote).  So he felt he had followed giving her an "eternity" of time based on her comment.  When she said she still needed more time and he tried to mend things, she did not explain things.  Instead she got angry.  While I understand her annoyance, it was completely out of character for Amy to 1) need a step back from a simple question about a TV program in the first place; 2) to realize he was struggling and not try and explain things to where she knew he would understand because 3) she claims to know him better than anyone else, so why didn't she try to help him comprehend what the step back was about, what amount of time she needed, etc.   

Then on top of it when he is trying to still understand and of course reverts back to toddler tantrum throwing Sheldon, she blows up and breaks up completely.   Now that I also understand from her POV.    However, what I don't understand is how come after she had a chance to cool down, say even a week later or whatever, that she made no attempts to try and mend fences with the man she claims to love?  Or at least get them to the point that he understood her need and could honor her with it?   Instead, she  held fast to the breakup which is where the rest of what transpired could have been avoided.   For that she was foolish.  I won't say she is to blame anymore than his lack of understanding and fears driving him to behave poorly are to blame...but the escalation of things could all have been avoided if she had remained the Amy we all know.   Instead the writers wanted a breakup story so bad that they obviously did not care in the least how they could be destroying the integrity of Amy's character in the process.   They just wanted to bring back toddler Sheldon so that they could have him need his virtual parents enough to keep the newly married couple from starting their new lives together without Sheldon.   That is what is a stinking shame about all of this.  By now they have really turned the story into a three-ring circus because Amy is no longer even a glimmer of who she was which has changed the flavor and feeling about the couple as a whole.  That is what is a shame.  My only hope is they begin to rectify this by making major movements toward reconciliation starting episode 9 or else they may as well kiss this show goodbye.

Thank you, Melody.   This post is absolute perfect perfection regarding what I've been arguing about since before the chat last night.   I want you on my Shamy debate team.  

• Like 1

So much for that idea.   Oh, well.   I wonder how Sheldon got rid of the couch and then brought it back.   Storage maybe?

that was weird for me too , and honestly a little far-fetched - how he got rid of it and then got it back so fast! 

And , what about his germophobia? Who knows who touched the furniture... but they play it like no big deal apparently..

I think it was stated he told Lenny he put it in the back bedrooms but I don't see how all by himself without help and even then, would a large couch like that really fit back there around the corners?

i was in the chat for that TR and i don't remember that :o he really said he put it to the back bedrooms?  i agree by himself still seems far-fetched...

I read TRs but I rather have the scenes unfold in front of my eyes rather than speculate about an episode I haven't seen yet, but..

1. I seriously miss the social group dinners at 4A. Seeing all of them together, just discussing about their lives.

2. I seriously miss having Sheldon come to Amy's apartment as his refuge to the "eccentricities" of the world.

3. I seriously miss the 4A (Shamy) and 4B (Lenny) couples interaction.

Oh yeah, good point, Chelle! We don't even get Fab Four plots anymore with this setup. I don't know, there's so much of what I love about the show that's been taken away from me with this breakup, above and beyond Shamy themselves, and I can't believe I forgot the Fab Four stories. And S/A/P stories, which I also love. :(

• Like 7

I believe at some point-- who knows when --Shamy will re-unite.

Based on the info for the latest epi and order, I have views that maybe different but this is where my head is as far as Shamy is concerned.

When finally does reunite finally whether sweeps or some point later, my concern is that Shamy 2.0 will not re recognizable as the unique, quirky, couple that I found so refreshing. However, I don't have a strong sense that TPTB gave the Shamy break-up any significant thought or planning past the let's break them up and see what happens. I am multi-shipper so I am not exclusively Shamy, either. 

Amy:  My out and out frustration here is that in order to understand her story I have to know about Molaro's interviews where it was explained- that for Amy it was all like paper cuts and the Flash comment was the culmination of all of her frustrations so she finally says I need space.  We are 7 episodes into s9 and I still haven't heard Amy say this on-screen to anyone.  If that's her MO, then put it on screen and make it canon already.  Sorry, I was in another fandom for years (Smallville), if I learned nothing else from that experience,  canon meant it had to actually be on-screen.  Like it or not, Shamy are now broken up and  in this EPI she is dating. 

Then apparently she must have changed and now wants romance, flowers, etc.  Gone is the Amy from Herb Garden. Maybe she was influenced from hanging with Penny/Bernie. This is all fine but maybe the writers could have done a better job showing her evolve to that.  If anything, IMO, Amy has waffled on what she wants as far as a relationship.  That's perhaps the danger with a character that was created explicitly for another character.  However, since D and D, I am not sure Amy had any clue that Sheldon was working on .    

Sheldon:  My concern here is that Sheldon bears the brunt of the change and has to get on board with physical intimacy or whatever Amy states she wants/needs whenever they finally do get back together.  Also, if this is the route tptb take, Shamy 2.0 becomes like any other romance.  I agree he has been clueless and selfish and could benefit from learning that relationships are about compromise.  It can't be all Sheldon.  It can't be all Amy. 

Shamy 2.0:  So is this about changing Sheldon??  Well, here is the thing about love, IMO.  You have to love the person you are with as they are.  The beautiful thing is when it is right the couple can grow and change together and ultimately the couple is happy.  Yes there are ups, downs, compromises but at the core you don't change.  You are still you. Your partner is still your partner...and together you have something unique re: of what anyone else thinks. (As a personal example, I have been in long-distance relationship for over 5 years.  Not the norm but we make it work and many people we know don't get it...but so what...we are happy).  If Shamy 2.0 is all about getting Sheldon to change so Amy can love him or live up to her new expectations, that is not Shamy to me.  Is there a middle ground here to a more beautiful succinct Shamy? Maybe, maybe not.

The girls/Penny:  I know I stand pretty alone on this.  However, the girls do in on-screen land think this is what Amy wants.  Until they are told otherwise, I can't fault them 

So what if Penny told Amy that Sheldon has a ring?  If suddenly Amy is knocking down Sheldon's door and apologizing, that doesn't seem genuine to me.  Get back together with Sheldon because she loves him.  Because she realizes she is miserable without him.  Because she realizes he may not be a traditional romantic but he does make her a better version of herself or adds that pep to her step. 

The guys:  Have you met Sheldon?  He isn't an easy guy.  He isn't typical.  It's usually Sheldon's way or no way.  Leonard is the only one who might even be comfortable trying to get Sheldon to open up about it.  To be fair to Leonard, he has issues to he needs to figure out (living arrangements with his WIFE).  Howard and Raj are probably doing what they always do and taking cues from Leonard as to how to deal with Sheldon.

As I was writing all of that, I realize, for me Shamy 2.0 needs to be a compromise that both Amy/Sheldon realize there is give and take.  It's not all Amy's way (flowers, romantic walks along the beach, long intense deep gazes).  It's not all Sheldon's way (date nights on certain nights of the week, mushroom logs, movies/tv shows he likes).  It's Shamy's way whatever that is that they are both happy satisfied with.

My thoughts, opinions as always.  YMMV-

• Like 6

I agree with Denise's post above, but think that Amy's point of view has been out there, but is very subtle. I think that Amy's change from Sheldon is almost 100% because of being friends with Penny. There are many episodes where Amy expresses that she wanted things in the past, but was not able to get them until becoming friends with Penny.

I don't think that Amy wants everything the other girls have. I do think it makes her confused what she really wants though. I think Sheldon( with a few improvements)  is really what Amy wants, and given enough time will realize that.

• Like 7

What also makes me sad is how this has really changed the entire dynamic of the gang. It seems that now the 'gang' episodes with Amy are over at the Wolowitz's, no more dinners at 4A, Sheldon only hangs out with the gang briefly in the next episode and obviously Amy isn't there. Not only Shamy is gone, the gang is gone. And we didn't even get to see a period of adjustment, where the gang tries to deal with this, they all suddenly seem to have accepted, overnight, that this is the new status quo. Just like Amy seems to have accepted, overnight, that it's over and she needs to move on. I would have loved to see how the gang struggled with this, I would love to see them miss hanging out together, I would love to see them try and actually support Sheldon and Amy rather than contributing to increasing the rift. At least when Lenny broke up they showed Sheldon not taking it well and being caught in the middle. This is also why I said that from a management standpoint, it's all pretty absurd. The gang episodes and the Shamy episodes were two of the main plots they often used in their writing. By separating Shamy they've massively limited their own storytelling possibilities and possible combinations of characters, both directly and indirectly.

I was just thinking exactly this. How I miss the group dinners in 4A after watching this weeks episode that had Leonard and Sheldon making sandwiches at the counter before a planned movie night with the guys. They should be having takeout all together.

• Like 4

Seriously, I´m starting to think that Mayim is going to leave the show at the end of this season, or before. I can´t find another explanation!( Unless this breakup ends before episode 11, the last to be aired in the year)

Mayim is signed through Season 10 Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Being signed through to season 10 doesn't mean she can't be written out.

That likely not going to happen. Despite all the angest, frustration a d anger on here I think everyone should remember Shamy are the endgame. Lenny were broken up for 2 Seasons at one point. Now look where they are Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic