The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

That likely not going to happen. Despite all the angest, frustration a d anger on here I think everyone should remember Shamy are the endgame. Lenny were broken up for 2 Seasons at one point. Now look where they are Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree it's highly unlikely, especially given that she's a multi-nominated emmy actress, but if there's anything I've learnt it's to never discount anything.

I wish I could see the proof of the shamy endgame people talk about

Right now it's just messed up and I don't like it

The only place that I've seen Shamy described as endgame is on here.  It might not be.  It might be that Amy was just brought in so Sheldon experiences first love, first breakup etc, grows from that and ends up with someone else. 

• Like 1

All right, who began the rumours that Mayim was leaving in the first place? Hmm?

They're honestly so annoying and completely unfounded. :icon_rolleyes:

• Like 3

All right, who began the rumours that Mayim was leaving in the first place? Hmm?

They're honestly so annoying and completely unfounded. :icon_rolleyes:

I believe it was Susana, who up until today has been the staunchest and most optimistic of us.

I believe it was Susana, who up until today has been the staunchest and most optimistic of us.

Well this needs to stop because Mayim has only ever denied those rumours and calls this the best job she's ever had.

• Like 1

I agree it's highly unlikely, especially given that she's a multi-nominated emmy actress, but if there's anything I've learnt it's to never discount anything.

The only place that I've seen Shamy described as endgame is on here.  It might not be.  It might be that Amy was just brought in so Sheldon experiences first love, first breakup etc, grows from that and ends up with someone else. 

shamy is what got me watching the show and I just hope your scenario isn't true, I hope there is a reunion somewhere soon 

• Like 1

I doubt Mayim will be written off the show before her contract is up. However I don't think you can compare the Lenny breakup to Shamy. Neither Kaley nor Johnny were brought on specifically as a love interest for another character. They are leads. When Howard and Bernie broke up, Melissa was out of the show until they decided to get them back together. As popular as Amy has become, they have never written for her as a lead character so if she doesn't fulfill the role of the love interest, and particularly with such an antagonistic breakup as this, she has very little to do (as demonstrated by the last 4 eps). Which is why I find the choice of having her be apparently ready to move on and lack of exploration about how she feels about Sheldon kind of baffling. In that sense, might as well write her off the show. They won't, but it does make you wonder what the heck they are doing.

• Like 6

A few posts ago someone mentioned that they wanted to see Sheldon be a smart ass but I felt like last nights episode only showed the (and excuse my language) dumb ass side of him.

• Like 1

Well this needs to stop because Mayim has only ever denied those rumours and calls this the best job she's ever had.

Is she actually signed through to season 10 or do the studio have an option on her for season 10?  I know that the main five are signed for season 10 with an option for a season 11 if it's decided to go to season 11.  If her contact is the same thing that doesn't mean she will definitely be there for season 10.  If the writers/producers decide she's no longer required than she won't be there. 

Weren't there similar rumours about the big three leaving before season 8 (debate about 1mio per episode)? All the panic for nothing, what a waste of energy. :-) To be true, the TRs don't make me panic, but some of the speculations here do... At least for a few moments. Maybe we should all take out our copy of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and follow the first and most important rule there is: DON'T PANIC :-)

And btw I heard Molaro told a fan who asked if he could give her some hope for Shamy: "I can't give you hope just yet." I also know what he said afterwards about Amy maybe considering to date other guys, but I clung to the two little words "just yet". You can destroy my faith now by telling me as native speakers that this cannot mean "I can't give you hope just yet, give me and them some time, then I will be able to give you hope", but that's exactly how I interpreted this statement.

So if there is no way of interpreting this statement like this, please don't tell me! :-) 

• Like 2

Is she actually signed through to season 10 or do the studio have an option on her for season 10?  I know that the main five are signed for season 10 with an option for a season 11 if it's decided to go to season 11.  If her contact is the same thing that doesn't mean she will definitely be there for season 10.  If the writers/producers decide she's no longer required than she won't be there. 

She's signed through S10. So is Melissa.

@Nemopuk, that was Ausiello that said it, not Molaro. 

Edited by koops

As much as I want to stomp my feet and throw my arms in the air whilst shouting wtf is going on and saying "I'm done" with the nonsense, I know I can't do it, I want to see how it's resolved and I want to enjoy it again

However it doesn't stop me being fed up with what's going on

Edited by rachelshamyfan
  • Like 3

She's signed through S10. So is Melissa.

But didn't she and Melissa sign their current contracts the year before the main five, so their contracts are a year ahead aren't there?

Honestly, I think I'm over this whole break up situation because in my mind, I believe that they will get back together during the sweeps and things will finally settle.   It just make sense.

Edited by snow*flower
  • Like 5

But didn't she and Melissa sign their current contracts the year before the main five, so their contracts are a year ahead aren't there?

They signed half a year before, I believe. But, regardless, they are both signed up for all three seasons of the last renewal (8, 9 and 10). I do think they don't have the optional 11th though and would have to renegotiate the salary for that one. 

Honestly, I think I'm over this whole break up situation because in my mind, I believe that they will get back together during the sweeps and things will finally settle.   It just make sense.

Unfortunately they don't appear to writing stories that make sense.

• Like 2

Being signed through to season 10 doesn't mean she can't be written out.

No, but it means they would still have to pay her through season 10, (unless they can show some sort of misconduct).   

Having to pay her, with her in the show.  Having to pay  her, without her being in the show.   I don't see the latter happening.

• Like 7

Does Amy losing her ear virginity foreshadow her actual virginity this season?  Discuss.

cue Stephen Hawking to enter stage right lol This is his area of study

Edited by JE7
  • Like 5

If they’re going to have Amy date – which still sucks and is only acceptable if she’s reacting to Sheldon, forced, etc. NOT if she’s shopping around for something better - at least they could show the incompatibility of Amy and her date in this experience.

Amy says something off-putting or inappropriate or science-related on her date and the dude is totally weirded out. The dude says something schmoopy or over sentimental and Amy is grossed out and not impressed. Something along the lines of Amy wanting to vomit after Leonard’s sappy comment about Penny being his ideal dinner date. Then at least we, and Amy, would be reminded of her one-of-a-kind bond with Sheldon. At least it would be good comedic fodder. I feel like there are often missed opportunities, where TPTB tell you something rather than showing it to you. (I still don’t understand why Amy teaching Sheldon how to drive didn’t make it into an episode).

I’d like some kind of realization that the romance Amy thinks she wants is empty if there’s no Sheldon attached to it. Maybe the dude gives Amy flowers at the beginning of the date, and she thinks it’s lovely only to turn around after an unsatisfying date to tell him, “You know this is just a bouquet of plant penises right?”

I also hope when Amy & Sheldon do get back together, she makes it clear that the breakup wasn’t about sex but about not feeling important to him. I still feel like this whole thing would have made more sense after the Mars disagreement. That seemed like legitimate reason to rethink a relationship. Although the make up scene was so lovely, it would have been a shame to miss that.  But at least Amy’s motivations would be more clear and understandable. 

YES. YES. YES. AND ONE MORE YES.

Exactly! That's what I meant earlier when I said that the way they are writing her, giving her basically nothing to do other than a line here and there, serves not only no purpose to her as a character (which I could even understand if they really are writing for a secondary character), but in her role as Sheldon's love interest at all. If they want to say "Amy's dating now", can we at least SEE what that means in the context of her relationship with Sheldon?! Is she enjoying it, hating it, are the guys put off by her, is she put off by them, is either of them bored, is she comparing them to Sheldon? WHAT IS SHE DOING?! There is comedy in that, if they wanted to write it! But, no, apparently the entire episode is about the gang trying to find her dates on an app while she sits around with just a couple of line to tell us she's been on dates? Why? How is that moving the story forward in any way? If you wrote Amy into the show as Sheldon's love interest and you're planning to keep her around as such, then I think her side of the story should at least hint at the fact that Sheldon *is* the one and only, even if she's trying to wiggle herself free from her feelings?

Does Amy losing her ear virginity foreshadow her actual virginity this season?  Discuss.

Sadly, that thought has crossed my mind more than once recently. That she will either sleep with some guy to "get it over and done with" and we will find out when she tells the girls or, worse, they pull a stunt ala Leonard and once Shamy are back together and about to consummate, she confesses she actually slept with someone while they were broken up months/years ago. I know, my mind goes in dark places these days. Lio tells me as much! But since it seems to me that the writers do not place much importance in Shamy's exclusivity, I wouldn't put it past them at this stage. Especially given how quickly they've had her dating around. I think it's less likely to happen than dating (I kind of always expected they would make her date during the breakup, if it dragged on, I just didn't expect it so fast), but the longer it drags, the higher the likelihood. 

• Like 8

No, but it means they would still have to pay her through season 10, (unless they can show some sort of misconduct).   

Having to pay her, with her in the show.  Having to pay  her, without her being in the show.   I don't see the latter happening.

Well she did get a warning during the last season.  But anyway, if they still had to pay her than yes I can't see her being written out either.  And as that's the case, you'd think they would make better use of her now as well. 

• Like 1

Well she did get a warning during the last season.  But anyway, if they still had to pay her than yes I can't see her being written out either.  And as that's the case, you'd think they would make better use of her now as well. 

A warning??

Unfortunately they don't appear to writing stories that make sense.

Well, it doesn't mean they can't try to eventually make sense of future episodes.

• Like 1

A warning??

She tweeted about Kevin Smith appearing before they announced he was appearing and she got a warning from WB.  They said about it at Comic Con.