The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

No Koops, the producers.  In some interview she mention something about revealing a spoiler on IG, them telling her not to do it again.  It really wasn't a big deal.   When I say misconduct, think of what Charlie Sheen did.  unable to function while shooting due to drugs, or some other serious felony.  Things I don't see Mayim doing.   

• Like 4

No Koops, the producers.  In some interview she mention something about revealing a spoiler on IG, them telling her not to do it again.  It really wasn't a big deal.   When I say misconduct, think of what Charlie Sheen did.  unable to function while shooting due to drugs, or some other serious felony.  Things I don't see Mayim doing.   

LOL I know, I was joking. ;) 

Unfortunately they don't appear to writing stories that make sense.

which makes me wonder if their actually gonna write these two back together...

Does Amy losing her ear virginity foreshadow her actual virginity this season?  Discuss.

well they do love a good parallel... But the way the story is going they'll lose their v plates cause they feel they have to not cause they want too. I even feel Amy just wants to do it so she can say she's done it

which makes me wonder if their actually gonna write these two back together...

well they do love a good parallel... But the way the story is going they'll lose their v plates cause they feel they have to not cause they want too. I even feel Amy just wants to do it so she can say she's done it

I hope they don't go that way, but I can see them doing it and I can also see it not being a good experience for her and than we'll have more angst with her wondering why she had done it and mess she has made of everything.

I hope they don't go that way, but I can see them doing it and I can also see it not being a good experience for her and than we'll have more angst with her wondering why she had done it and mess she has made of everything.

This worries me also. There's making mistakes and then there's MAKING MISTAKES. This would be a major screw up (pun not intended) on her part if the writers did do this. Not to mention Sheldon would never want her back. We all know Sheldon is the love of her life and visa versa so I don't get why instead of the writers are having the pair of them fight each other instead of fighting to save what they have. I just get the feeling they're having Amy galavanting with whoever because she's trying to find someone else that will sleep with her. It all, at the moment with the info we have, comes down to that. 

• Like 1

She tweeted about Kevin Smith appearing before they announced he was appearing and she got a warning from WB.  They said about it at Comic Con.

Oh yes, I remember her mentioning that now. Didn't realize it was that big of a deal though!

We're really not in any worse position than we were last week.  The only thing that changed is we now know what Sheldon saw was actually a date (sigh), but on the bright side we know that the date was prompted by Sheldon's "moving on" nonsense, which was always the most palatable reason.  I mean, this weekend people were bandying about the possibility that Amy's been running around on Sheldon for a year.  This has to be progress!

I would not be shocked if the next TR has them reconciling before Penny even has a chance to tell her about Sheldon's breakdown.  Something along the lines of what littleknee is suggesting.

Edited by Boonaroma
  • Like 6

This worries me also. There's making mistakes and then there's MAKING MISTAKES. This would be a major screw up (pun not intended) on her part if the writers did do this. Not to mention Sheldon would never want her back. We all know Sheldon is the love of her life and visa versa so I don't get why instead of the writers are having the pair of them fight each other instead of fighting to save what they have. I just get the feeling they're having Amy galavanting with whoever because she's trying to find someone else that will sleep with her. It all, at the moment with the info we have, comes down to that. 

Well , thanks God, I just can't discern things in this light, if (suddenly, in theory) the authors write something like this, they will cross the border and there will not be the way back. it is such a sensitive question that to write it so crudely is simply unthinkable.

Edited by AlFisher
  • Like 4

Sadly, that thought has crossed my mind more than once recently. That she will either sleep with some guy to "get it over and done with" and we will find out when she tells the girls or, worse, they pull a stunt ala Leonard and once Shamy are back together and about to consummate, she confesses she actually slept with someone while they were broken up months/years ago. I know, my mind goes in dark places these days. Lio tells me as much! But since it seems to me that the writers do not place much importance in Shamy's exclusivity, I wouldn't put it past them at this stage. Especially given how quickly they've had her dating around. I think it's less likely to happen than dating (I kind of always expected they would make her date during the breakup, if it dragged on, I just didn't expect it so fast), but the longer it drags, the higher the likelihood. 

Wuaaaaaaaaahhhhahahaahahaha *sobs uncontrollably*, noooo nooo no, stop it koops I can't take it anymore, okay now I'm just going back to re-reading my own fanfiction where Shamy are happy and going on adventures together, lalalalala *banging head against the wall*....

• Like 4

Well , thanks God, I just can't discern things in this light, if (suddenly, in theory) the authors write something like this, they will cross the border and there will not be the way back. it is such a sensitive question that to write it so crudely is simply unthinkable.

I hesitate to say this because I have been so consistently wrong in all my predictions about this season, but if Amy sleeps with someone besides Sheldon I will eat my hat.  Then I'll buy a new hat and eat that too.  Then  I'll go to the hat factory...  You get the picture.  Not going to happen.  No way. :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 6

I'm with you on this. I want to see this wrapped up in the next two episodes and I think there are plenty of ways for the writers to do that.

In fact, right now I can easily take the level of drama in the show - it's well balanced with the usual humour. But the thread here? Dear lord, you guys are killing me with your angsty speculations! If I'm not hanging out here much in the next weeks let me tell you this is why! lol

Yep. The latest TR really feels like the piece of the puzzle we've been missing last week. It all fits together rather nicely!

Yes I agree, I think we're all suffering a wee bit too much from the break - can't wait for the next couple of TR's then ( fingers crossed ) we can all go back to enthusiastic , fun filled chat on here. I think we all need and deserve this after our months and months of waiting !!!! :) 

• Like 7

I'm with you on this. I want to see this wrapped up in the next two episodes and I think there are plenty of ways for the writers to do that.

In fact, right now I can easily take the level of drama in the show - it's well balanced with the usual humour. But the thread here? Dear lord, you guys are killing me with your angsty speculations! If I'm not hanging out here much in the next weeks let me tell you this is why! lol

I'm with ya there April :icon_wink: The drama and angst on the show is absolutely nothing compared to the chaos over here.

I have not been posting here as frequently as before and probably won't in the future either.

• Like 5

oh God absolutely. It would be the ultimate 'f*** you' to Sheldon but a completely unessesary, spiteful f you. Ok Sheldon did push her away, said some nasty nasty things and could have treated her better a lot of the time but no one deserves that.

• Like 2

Wuaaaaaaaaahhhhahahaahahaha *sobs uncontrollably*, noooo nooo no, stop it koops I can't take it anymore, okay now I'm just going back to re-reading my own fanfiction where Shamy are happy and going on adventures together, lalalalala *banging head against the wall*....

Hey, that's the dark recess of my traumatized Shamy fan psyche speaking. Don't take it as genuine speculation XD
  • Like 1

I hesitate to say this because I have been so consistently wrong in all my predictions about this season, but if Amy sleeps with someone besides Sheldon I will eat my hat.  Then I'll buy a new hat and eat that too.  Then  I'll go to the hat factory...  You get the picture.  Not going to happen.  No way. :icon_cheesygrin:

LOL Pls then buy me several hats too :nyam:

Edited by AlFisher
  • Like 2

We can do this, guys!! <3

TBBTGroup_Hug.thumb.gif.f93f5c72e425b7a7

Awww I love this !!!! :) .

We can do this - and it'll all be amazing !

• Like 2

TIME WILL TELL by gregory alan isakov

turning in the grain again
the bells begin to chime

time, she says,
"there's no turning back,
keep your eyes on the tracks"
through the fields, somewhere there's blue
oh, time will tell, she'll see us through

howling out,
the windy hills
and all the time we took
you should know just how it steals
keep your hand on the wheel
and through it all, somewhere we knew
time will tell, she'll see us through

and all fire and flames took all we trust
we're kicking up dust
stations fade just like they do
oh, time will tell, we always knew

oh, time will tell, we always knew

• Like 1

If they’re going to have Amy date – which still sucks and is only acceptable if she’s reacting to Sheldon, forced, etc. NOT if she’s shopping around for something better - at least they could show the incompatibility of Amy and her date in this experience.

Amy says something off-putting or inappropriate or science-related on her date and the dude is totally weirded out. The dude says something schmoopy or over sentimental and Amy is grossed out and not impressed. Something along the lines of Amy wanting to vomit after Leonard’s sappy comment about Penny being his ideal dinner date. Then at least we, and Amy, would be reminded of her one-of-a-kind bond with Sheldon. At least it would be good comedic fodder. I feel like there are often missed opportunities, where TPTB tell you something rather than showing it to you. (I still don’t understand why Amy teaching Sheldon how to drive didn’t make it into an episode).

I’d like some kind of realization that the romance Amy thinks she wants is empty if there’s no Sheldon attached to it. Maybe the dude gives Amy flowers at the beginning of the date, and she thinks it’s lovely only to turn around after an unsatisfying date to tell him, “You know this is just a bouquet of plant penises right?”

I also hope when Amy & Sheldon do get back together, she makes it clear that the breakup wasn’t about sex but about not feeling important to him. I still feel like this whole thing would have made more sense after the Mars disagreement. That seemed like legitimate reason to rethink a relationship. Although the make up scene was so lovely, it would have been a shame to miss that.  But at least Amy’s motivations would be more clear and understandable. 

The last part in bold. YES! Would have made WAYYYY more sense for them to be broken up over that instead. "Oh, you've made the decision to just leave me forever?? Fine then. We're done!"

But they chose to break them up over him thinking about The Flash before going in for another kiss. LOL. Oh well...

• Like 5

Amy says something off-putting or inappropriate or science-related on her date and the dude is totally weirded out. The dude says something schmoopy or over sentimental and Amy is grossed out and not impressed. Something along the lines of Amy wanting to vomit after Leonard’s sappy comment about Penny being his ideal dinner date. Then at least we, and Amy, would be reminded of her one-of-a-kind bond with Sheldon. At least it would be good comedic fodder. I feel like there are often missed opportunities, where TPTB tell you something rather than showing it to you. (I still don’t understand why Amy teaching Sheldon how to drive didn’t make it into an episode).

I’d like some kind of realization that the romance Amy thinks she wants is empty if there’s no Sheldon attached to it. Maybe the dude gives Amy flowers at the beginning of the date, and she thinks it’s lovely only to turn around after an unsatisfying date to tell him, “You know this is just a bouquet of plant penises right?”

This bolded part is exactly how feel. Fans have been complaining pretty much since season 8 that the writers refuse to change the status quo. They got Lenny engaged, then didn't ever mention them planning their wedding until the end of the season. The living arrangements have been a source of tension several times, and yet they still haven't changed. I don't know why the writers are so afraid to change things up when the audience is sick of seeing the same things over and over. I disliked the jokes about Howard and Raj's relationship in episode 2 because there's a strong sense of 'been there, done that' already. Meanwhile, some of the changes we have gotten (like Amy teaching Sheldon how to drive) are left off camera in favor of telling 'Sheldon doesn't get sex joke #42,831.'

After the drama-bomb that was the season premiere, fans are hedging their bets that this show is setting itself up to jump the shark. The comedy hasn't been at it's strongest in years, but that's not why fans are getting fed up with the show. The problem is that it almost feels as though the writers are forgetting who these characters are. In an attempt to write a story they haven't written before, as with this Shamy break-up, or to explore problems in these relationships even though there could be better ways to do it (Leonard kissing Mandy just to prompt a conversation about the fact that he's not sure of why Penny loves him), they are sacrificing the authenticity of the characters to do so. This Shamy break-up may be where the general audience realizes that the writers are doing this, and it will be the final straw.

• Like 7

This bolded part is exactly how feel. Fans have been complaining pretty much since season 8 that the writers refuse to change the status quo. They got Lenny engaged, then didn't ever mention them planning their wedding until the end of the season. The living arrangements have been a source of tension several times, and yet they still haven't changed. I don't know why the writers are so afraid to change things up when the audience is sick of seeing the same things over and over. I disliked the jokes about Howard and Raj's relationship in episode 2 because there's a strong sense of 'been there, done that' already. Meanwhile, some of the changes we have gotten (like Amy teaching Sheldon how to drive) are left off camera in favor of telling 'Sheldon doesn't get sex joke #42,831.'

After the drama-bomb that was the season premiere, fans are hedging their bets that this show is setting itself up to jump the shark. The comedy hasn't been at it's strongest in years, but that's not why fans are getting fed up with the show. The problem is that it almost feels as though the writers are forgetting who these characters are. In an attempt to write a story they haven't written before, as with this Shamy break-up, or to explore problems in these relationships even though there could be better ways to do it (Leonard kissing Mandy just to prompt a conversation about the fact that he's not sure of why Penny loves him), they are sacrificing the authenticity of the characters to do so. This Shamy break-up may be where the general audience realizes that the writers are doing this, and it will be the final straw.

Now we know where the premise of Sheldon not liking change comes from.  Bazinga originally come from one of them as well.  I wonder which one does the knocking three times :scratchhead: