[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Tensor

IMO no need to crawl, in her case. You seem to think that Sheldon doesn't have anything to atone for. I believe he does. And in regards to your last sentence, I thought this was the Shamy thread. which brings me to my question: How can one be a Shamy shipper completely disregarding 1/2 of the ship? Wouldn't that make you, in essence, just a Sheldon shipper?

Just because one take sides in an argument or a moment of discord between a couple does not necessarily make someone not a shipper.   Shamy fans are just trying to make sense of all this nonsense.   Some are on Sheldon's side.   Some Amy's side.   Some are able to find the balance of blame on both sides.    However, we all just want them to work this out and get back together.

When we say that Sheldon or Amy should move on, it is not because we don't ship the couple.  It is because the writers have made them so unrecognizable that it is harder to ship them, not that we don't want to.

Edited by jenafan

• Replies 25.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• April

• A Shamy gal

• jenafan

• Amy Fowler

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You're right, after all this is all Amy's fault.

I mean it's not like Sheldon was an unreasonable boyfriend or anything, it's not like he demanded she sign a contract preventing any form of intimacy, repeatedly tried to get out of their once a month dates, tried to ruin her plans for Christmas because of his own hatred for the holidays and repeatedly put his own selfish antics or childish obsessions before her.

And lets not forget that everything she has done to hurt Sheldon has been in no way shape or form acceptable even though they are broken up. I mean obviously she isn't allowed to see other men, even when he tells her he's seeing other women, after all we have standards to keep up people! I mean obviously she's supposed to know that Sheldon is still in love with her and wants to get back together with her, even though he hasn't done or said anything explicitly to her except to send her childish videos were he portrays her breaking up with him as an act of portrayal on par with Hitler invading Poland, and of course it's not like he posted said video to the internet for the world to see. And obviously she's rubbing this dating thing in his face, I mean sure she isn't telling him she's dating anyone else, she isn't showing him mens' clothing to make him jealous or even showing video of her dating other guys but obviously she's being so inherently cruel by using her god given right to date in the first place. I mean yes if this were Sheldon he'd probably show a video of him with a hot blond to make Amy mad and prove she's missing out on the great Sheldon god but that's reasonable. Amy should never be considerate to spare Sheldon's feelings by keeping him from seeing her attempts at moving on, I mean really.

You are absolutely right. Amy is the one who is to blame here and Sheldon should never ever take her back because everything she has done is completely unreasonable. When they do get back together I fully expect she should lie down on the floor and beg Sheldon for forgiveness for ever thinking of attempting to move on, after all he is the almighty Sheldon god and she never should have broken up with him for merely getting frustrated by him taking her for granted. In fact, begging is not enough! WE should introduce flogging! And maybe a walk of shame Cersei Lannister style! She really needs to feel the depths of her betrayal. How dare she do something as reasonable as trying to date someone when she is broken up and well within her rights to. I mean seriously.

So I am with you 100%, the girl needs to be punished for her crimes.

There is one thing seriously wrong with this post. It is the fact that I cannot give it 100 likes. Brilliant. Well done NerwenAldarion. Btw, loved the GoT reference!

There is one thing seriously wrong with this post. It is the fact that I cannot give it 100 likes. Brilliant. Well done NerwenAldarion. Btw, loved the GoT reference!

Honestly I should let my inner snark queen come out more often, I've never gotten so many likes!

Not all Shamy fans are angry. i'm certainly not.

Stargate SG1 and yes it was bitchy not as bitchy as when the executive producers actually went on to the forum after they killed off a fan favorite character (and the female in the #1 ship) so they could literally bring on a different character from a different show. The fans posted a massive campaign to stop the madness. The producer went on their and literally told the fans to F--- off, that it was HIS show and not ours and that if we didn't like it then he could go f--- ourselves. I'm seriously not kidding. You can imagine how quickly those ratings plummeted after that, then when they canceled SGA and started SGU they actually said the SGA fans were insignificant. I remember reading an interview with the main actor who said he was so angry with how they were treating fans but they literally told him to shut up and read his lines.

PS: Never watch a show with Joseph Malozzi as an EP.

A guy like this don't deserve sucess or the right to have another show on TV. Serously, why did he did that?
I usually trust nobody (that's natural for me), and every time I read people -experient people- here from the forum saying that we should trust the writers, or that themselves trust the writers, I wish I could do the same. I know that at some point they will fix this mess, and it won't happen before a characters growth. But for me it seems that there's more mess to come before the break up end. You know, before the rainbow comes a heavy storm.

IMO no need to crawl, in her case. You seem to think that Sheldon doesn't have anything to atone for. I believe he does. And in regards to your last sentence, I thought this was the Shamy thread. which brings me to my question: How can one be a Shamy shipper completely disregarding 1/2 of the ship? Wouldn't that make you, in essence, just a Sheldon shipper?

39677-the-Big-Bang-theory-you-got-se-mdOC.gif

While the opinion on Amy being a cold hearted bitch seems to be one particular poster's opinion,  Lio brought up the idea of Amy having to kinda crawl back to Sheldon here.   I can see it as a plausible direction to take.   For whatever reasons Amy had for the break or breakup,  if she really wants Sheldon back,  I believe she has let this go too far now.   Now that Sheldon has seen her on a date kissing someone else, he may find that extremely hard to get past. 

If he wants her back, he'd better get past it. I most certainly do not agree with Amy having to do any kind of crawling. The best thing that can come out of a reconciliation is, IMO, for Shamy to be a 100% balanced relationship, not what it has been up to now. No more taking Amy for granted. I would also hope Sheldon would learn what is, for me at least, the most important lesson: in order to be in a relationship with a person for the rest of your life you have to put them first, make them a priority, and love them fully.

A guy like this don't deserve sucess or the right to have another show on TV. Serously, why did he did that?I usually trust nobody (that's natural for me), and every time I read people -experient people- here from the forum saying that we should trust the writers, or that themselves trust the writers, I wish I could do the same. I know that at some point they will fix this mess, and it won't happen before a characters growth. But for me it seems that there's more mess to come before the break up end. You know, before the rainbow comes a heavy storm.

He hasn't had much success in the industry since thank goodness.

But I'll state that this is an isolated incident. Normally TPTB on TV shows really care for a listen to their fans. Heck on my favorite show The Mentalist they made the dumb decision in bringing in a love interest for Jane (After the woman everyone wanted him with,  who was in love with him had waited and pined for him for 2 years when he disappeared, seriously) someone thought it would be good to have another woman plying for Jane's affections...it just made him look like an A$$ and it only took a few episodes before suddenly they changed their tune and the other woman was history.

The Mentalist ended with the main ship getting married and having a baby btw, just saying that we can/will get our happy ending here too :)

If he wants her back, he'd better get past it. I most certainly do not agree with Amy having to do any kind of crawling. The best thing that can come out of a reconciliation is, IMO, for Shamy to be a 100% balanced relationship, not what it has been up to now. No more taking Amy for granted. I would also hope Sheldon would learn what is, for me at least, the most important lesson: in order to be in a relationship with a person for the rest of your life you have to put them first, make them a priority, and love them fully.

Sheldon had the opportunity to get her back right away. Penny told him he was a bad boyfriend. Instead of asking her for advice he stormed off. After that he followed the guys advice and tried to pick up two women. I don't see how he can be blameless in both situations. If anyone should be crawling back it should be Sheldon. 

yeah, people keep pointing that if one thinks sheldon is so terrible then why would we still ship them, but when they do the same with amy we can't ask the same question right? ha

this has been the only reason of TBBT I haven't rewatched an episode. while each installment is ok...they are just that. ok. 

Shamy broken up? sigh. dunno the overall logic behind that but it blows. 

How about we admit that both of them are at fault for this relationship break up? You know since both of them were int he relationship both of them were responsible and both of them are grown adults (in theory LOL)?

So in that regard we shouldn't be mad at either of them or we should be mad at both of them.

Great essay Jenafan, I´m loving it!! Especially the bold part. Amy is so confused and insecure, because everyone is telling her that she deserves a better boyfriend than Sheldon, that she is starting to ask herself if she is really happy or if she is missing something and if Sheldon can give her what she wants. Plus, she never had a boyfriend before, so she doesn´t know, how to get what she wants, without changing Sheldon into someone he might not want to be or maybe can´t be. I´m sure she is just dating to find out what awaits her with other men, compares them with Sheldon, analyzes the dates, like a social experiment.

And I must say that the bolded part makes no sense whatsoever. So now this is Penny's fault? Really? Over reaching of the fist degree!

Well until the writers give us the opportunity to understand where she is at with all of this, I have no choice but to form my own conclusions.   I'm just as in the dark as Sheldon is here, and the fact is that apparently she is looking for something that Sheldon is not giving her.    Why has a break needing time to think suddenly jumped into a dating bandwagon?   It makes no sense unless she is looking for something.   There has been no indication that she is even interested in considering a reconciliation.   If Sheldon were the man she really wanted, I'd think she sit him down and explain to him what she needs in the relationship knowing he wants her back and she has the leverage now to make her point.   Instead she seems to be searching for it elsewhere.   Henceforth, I have very little sympathy right now that she just so easily can move on after (5) years and her telling Sheldon she loved him seems like empty words.

You don't see it because you don't want to. I see it, I'm not in the dark. She wants to be more of a priority in Shedon's life, she wants to be treated with respect, she doesn't want to be ignored or an afterthought, she doesn't want to be insulted in front of their friends. But I believe that mostly she wants to be Sheldon's equal in the relationship. Do you think that's too much to ask?

I am still Shipping Shamy, but maybe only the Shamy from the past. I will change my title to make this clearer.
And I am not disregarding 1/2 half of the ship, I just think she is completely wrong regarding this break-up, right from the start.

Shamy broken up? sigh. dunno the overall logic behind that but it blows. 

Don't know the logic behind it? Read this thread, and you'll find everything you need to know.

I am still Shipping Shamy, but maybe only the Shamy from the past. I will change my title to make this clearer.And I am not disregarding 1/2 half of the ship, I just think she is completely wrong regarding this break-up, right from the start.

And you said that Sheldon would be better off alone, therefore disregarding Amy, who, last time I checked is 1/2 of Shamy. So, actually yes, you ARE disregarding 1/2 of the ship

I am still Shipping Shamy, but maybe only the Shamy from the past. I will change my title to make this clearer.And I am not disregarding 1/2 half of the ship, I just think she is completely wrong regarding this break-up, right from the start.

I think it really wasn't a break up until Sheldon acted like a jerk in the first episode. this whole break up he could of prevented.

Sorry, but I disagree, Mayim has been in this business since 1987, she is not naive. 

"I think they are perfect for each other" and then it would have stopped that conversation"..And that end's the interview, nothing to new to print/air, why on earth would she do that. The point of the interview was to get people to watch the show.  Tease the viewers, pure and simple.  No malice, no taking sides..no fan base vrs writers.

I realize she has been in the business a long time...and honestly, when she was in the Blossom era, she was more polished in her responses than she has  ever been since she came back to BBT.  I think Mayim really does not like interviews and she really doesn't like the entire Hollywood scene.  I think she doesn't take time to polish her responses.  She just blurts out what is on top of her head from the questions asked.  They are not crafted.  Any PR person would tell you they are far from polished and well thought out.  Just because she is in business a long time does not mean that she ever learned that skill set.   I think she listened to her people more when she was younger than she does since she became an adult and returned to the business.   She does what she has to do but she is not a good interviewee by comparison to other celebs.   She acts more like a person off the street would in an interview that has never had any experience than she does as a celeb.   

Edited by stardustmelody

Don't know the logic behind it? Read this thread, and you'll find everything you need to know.

And you said that Sheldon would be better off alone, therefore disregarding Amy, who, last time I checked is 1/2 of Shamy. So, actually yes, you ARE disregarding 1/2 of the ship

Believe what you want, I just disagree with it.

I think it really wasn't a break up until Sheldon acted like a jerk in the first episode. this whole break up he could of prevented.

And that's okay that you think that, I have no problem with that.

How about we admit that both of them are at fault for this relationship break up? You know since both of them were int he relationship both of them were responsible and both of them are grown adults (in theory LOL)?

So in that regard we shouldn't be mad at either of them or we should be mad at both of them.

Agree, and that's exactly my feelings on the matter. Although I feel bad for both of them and mad at the writers. 

You know? the more I think about the break up, the more I get convinced that, despite the way it may come across, they did it because they are finally coming to terms with the idea of advancing the relationship for good.

And please, don't even think I'm saying this because I'm trying to convince myself and other shippers to blindly trust the writers, it would be also hypocritical because I've been very vocal in the past in my discomfort with the way they have handled certain things, but, for now, I think they really have the intention to finally move them forward.

I find it interesting that I while many fellow shippers felt confused and angry at the break up at the end of last season and even more with the developments at the beginning of the present one, personally I didn't feel neither suprised, neither angry at all, I think it was because I, just like Amy, felt there was something off with the relationship, I also was feeling that I was being part of a distracted make out session.

Because, if you think about it, Sheldon was there and at the same time, he wasn't. He was giving her gifts, but not the one he knows she wanted, he was able to say 'I love you' and at the same time he seemed unwilling to express that love to her, he dressed up and fulfilled date nights, but he was just thinking about his own problems during them, he was kissing her, but he was not thinking about her while doing so.

Seriously, do we really want much more of that? I don't, there were cute moments, I won't deny it, but I can't help to feel something was lacking. I remained just semi-spoiled last season, and I remember getting excited about the shamy moments to come by the fandom reactions to spoilers, just to end up with an "and that's it?" sensation after watching them.

Don't you think that the reason their friends are not hurrying to reunite them and they are even trying to help Amy dating others is because they don't really believe Sheldon loves Amy?, do you think Howard's joke at season's premiere was just that a joke? No, it's because I've come to realize they even believe Amy has no future with Sheldon and their relationship was uneven, because they know he's too enamoured of himself, perhaps. Now, I'm sure that after seeing him really sad for losing Amy and knowing about the ring their idea will change.

Because I don't deny that Sheldon had made progress towards being a better boyfriend for Amy, but let's remember he always needs to be pushed to act. I would have loved to once see him taking the initiative, but seems like that's not the way he functions, so, in order for them to advance, things couldn't remain peacefully and 'happily' as they were, something had to happen, something that prompted him to act if he doesn't want to lose her, either a breakup, an accident, I don't know, but something really strong or intense, to stop taking her for granted, to finally realize he needs to start thinking about her as a partner for real.

Now, is the break up the most original way to do it? Of course not, but, as painful as it may seem to go through this, I don't think it's unecessary or just an excuse, or an intent to destroy them, all the contrary, I think it's their way to guarantee that the day they are finally reunited, this won't be anymore a half-assed relationship, not exempt of problems, of course, but a more balanced and satisfying one

I'm sorry,  I just disagree with view of Sheldon just going through the motions and not really bring present in the relationship.  I believe he is immature and takes it for granted that she was in life,  but don't doubt his love for her and didn't even before I knew about the ring.   Maybe there is some bias at play (and it goes both ways), but I just never saw it that way and if I did i never would have been as invested as I've become.   Sheldon is not like other people.   He is different.   I have always loved Mayim's quote about "meeting people where they're at".  I use it often IRL.  For me,  I can't hold Sheldon to the same standards I would hold Leonard when comes to the social aspects of life.   I can't hold Howard to the same standards of expectations of handling money and finance that I would Sheldon.   

I know these are fictional characters,  but I guess something just truly bothers me personally  about the way that Sheldon gets talked about here and some of the implications behind it.   I hate this idea of who a person is,  just isn't enough.   We are past talking about when Sheldon was blatantly a jack ass here.   People are now,  "yes,  he said he loves her but..."  "Yeah,  he wanted her to stay longer,  however..."  "Yeah,  he spent the whole episode bragging on her and their relationship,  but he..."  That is the stuff that upsets me,  because that means he will never be enough.  People are finding fault and picking apart every single thing he had ever done in this relationship.  I can't see how you can believe to this level that Sheldon has been so terrible that he can be a better man for Amy without actually changing who he is as a person,  instead of simply becoming a more mature and better version of himself.   

If the above is really Amy's view of Sheldon,  then I don't want them back together.   Amy deserves someone she feels is good for and good enough for her.  And Sheldon deserves to be with someone who feels he is good for and enough for them.   

I don't want him to bend over backwards to become someone else for her,  because how unbelievably sad for both of them.   It would be such an artificial relationship and not the genuine one I believed I have been following all this time. 

Edited by nickelette424

None of us have seen episodes 6 and 7. Same, the nice people  attending tapes 6 & 7.(and I really thanks them  and apreciate all their efforts to answer all our questions!)  We only have TR, and as Kazzie wisely posted a few days ago, our minds may mix and forget things and words when we are part of a living audience.

Why don´t we wait till the episodes are edited and aired to judge what has really happened and the way things are going on?

I'm very upset by everything that are continued to be thrown in our face. But something tells me that "Winter (and Shamy) is coming".:) And I want to maintain the spirit of the fallen, who have lost hope and who is just sad, so so much. Guys, HUGS for everyone)

Sheldon had the opportunity to get her back right away. Penny told him he was a bad boyfriend. Instead of asking her for advice he stormed off. After that he followed the guys advice and tried to pick up two women. I don't see how he can be blameless in both situations. If anyone should be crawling back it should be Sheldon. 

Oh,  he's not blameless, but I never got the idea that Penny was actually there to help him get her back in that moment.   That was a defensive  "not my fault" response and not at "well, Sheldon this is why I think she left you and here's my advice" response.  I don't think Sheldon missed some opportunity to get her back at all.   He did mess up the opportunity to have her think about it in the beginning,  but not a blatant she would have taken him back if he just wouldn't have done this moment. 

And my point was not really that Amy should crawl back but that she may have to after Sheldon saw her kiss someone else.   If she initially just wanted to think and really wants Sheldon back,  she has let this get out of hand.   And I think he would get over it,  but I don't think it will be easy for him at all,  given what we know about him.   

Neither one of them are blameless here. 

yeah, people keep pointing that if one thinks sheldon is so terrible then why would we still ship them, but when they do the same with amy we can't ask the same question right? ha

You can ask the same question and many of us have already given the answer.   The problem we have with Amy right now is we don't think she is the Amy that we grew to love.   We feel we have lost her in all of this.   I know for me and a few others,  we don't ship Sheldon with this version of Amy. 

Edited by nickelette424

kay that you think that, I have no problem with that.

there is NO "think" involved here she asked for a break he pushed her and insulted her in front of thier friends until she snapped and broke up with him it is aired canon or simply stated it is a FACT there is nothing to "think" about

I know for me and a few others,  we don't ship Sheldon with this version of Amy. 

I think your word choice speaks volumes JMO

Edited by JE7

there is NO "think" involved here she asked for a break he pushed her and insulted her in front of thier friends until she snapped and broke up with him it is aired canon or simply stated it is a FACT there is nothing to "think" about

522e73fde691b221417d6b6b_736.jpg