The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Whether or not they end up together... I'm still gonna ship Shamy (even if there's no Shamy to ship) 'cos they'll always be the best couple on the show for me... and I feel like Amy's place in the group will now forever be Sheldon's ex... a great indication how little we get to see of her in a work environment... if the last, say 3 episodes of season eight showed her in her lab... maybe working for once, we would have (or let me rather say) I would have established her as neurobiologist Amy, rather than just Sheldon's girlfriend... I think now that they're over (sad face) we can enjoy her being a working woman- nerd type Amy we saw in season 5 and 6...

Edited by Riley7

Whether or not they end up together... I'm still gonna ship Shamy (even if there's no Shamy to ship) 'cos they'll always be the best couple on the show for me... and I like Amy's place in the group will now forever be Sheldon's ex... a great indication how little we get to see of her in a work environment... if the last, say 3 episodes of season eight showed her in her lab... maybe working for once, we would have (or let me rather day) I would have established her as neurobiologist Amy, rather than just Sheldon's girlfriend... I think now that they're over (sad face) we can enjoy her being a working woman- nerd type Amy we saw in season 5 and 6...

Riley, I agree that it would be nice to just see Amy being Amy, but in a show that has what 18-20 minutes of airtime, there is just no room.  We want to see more than a minute or a few seconds of airtime of Amy interacting with others (preferably Sheldon).   As I've said in a prior post, without her, even the group has been effected.   We have not seen a single meal together in 4A in (7) season 9 episodes now.   Because of the writers trying to keep Shamy apart, we've seen no Chinese food containers, no Sheldon factoids over Penny's and Howard's complaints, no Raj sitting on the floor, no video gaming, no nothing.  

It's like the LEGO set was released as a swan song of the set we all grew to know and love so well.

Edited by jenafan
  • Like 7

Riley, I agree that it would be nice to just see Amy being Amy, but in a show that has what 18-20 minutes of airtime, there is just no room.  We want to see more than a minute or a few seconds of airtime of Amy interacting with others (preferably Sheldon).   As I've said in a prior post, without her, even the group has been effected.   We have not seen a single meal together in 4A in (7) season 9 episodes now.   Because of the writers trying to keep Shamy apart, we've seen no Chinese food containers, no Sheldon factoids over Penny's and Howard's complaints, no Raj sitting on the floor, no video gaming, no nothing.  

It's like the LEGO set was released as a swan song of the set we all grew to know and love so well.

Part of that was due to the changing dynamics because of the Lenny wedding though.

Part of that was due to the changing dynamics because of the Lenny wedding though.

that just made me really sad... (damn you!) If there wasn't enough reason why this break up is ruining the show for me... now there is... even my mother, who hates television, sometimes watches BBT with me and she wonders why it changed so much... (like, what am I suppose to say?) "The writers are professionals" "they know what their doing"?? I can't even... come to think of it... I can't remember the last time I could even

.  Now it seems Amy really has no real place on the show, and even the group dynamic has been effected by her absence in Sheldon's life.

so if TPTB have no plans for Amy dating Sheldon,  Amy should just be written out of the show?

so if TPTB have no plans for Amy dating Sheldon,  Amy should just be written out of the show?

I love Amy (a lot) but if she's just gonna show up in a scene or two with Penny and Bernie and basically being Stuartized (as comic relief), then spare us ,fans the disappointment and Mayim the embarrassment.. 

• Like 2

I see what you are saying, but for me it all started when Sheldon didn't get invited by his friends to see the wedding.   I thought it was a slap in the face, honestly.

• Like 1

I love Amy a lot,(perhaps more than Sheldon) and I am really a SHAMY fan but AMY  is a supporting character, created to work  with and for Sheldon. Without Sheldon she has no place in the show. ( Same  Bernie without Howard.)

SHAMY, as word, has been created by the writers, no by us, and named by all the characters  several times. SHAMY means Sheldon and Amy together.

Mayim Bialik plays Amy so GREAT that sometimes we think she is a main charácter, but sadly, she is not. She can´t have her own story if that story doesn´t include Sheldon.

• Like 3

Well, if that is not going to extremes, I don't know what is.

It's not what I want, no, but some fans seem to think that is the direction they are headed.   I don't think it is true, that it is just panic created over the break up.  

Either Shamy need to reconcile or they need to agree to go back to being friends.   It's not that Amy doesn't belong on the show.   It's that the current dynamic of her being on the outside is not working.

• Like 4

I see what you are saying, but for me it all started when Sheldon didn't get invited by his friends to see the wedding.   I thought it was a slap in the face, honestly.

I'm just saying that the first three episodes in S9 couldn't have a group meal because of the Lenny story. Even if Shamy were together it wouldn't have happened.

• Like 5

I'm just saying that the first three episodes in S9 couldn't have a group meal because of the Lenny story. Even if Shamy were together it wouldn't have happened.

I see your point. 

They were all together at Comic Book and Amy was no there, according with TR...

I think a place could be made for Amy without Sheldon, but I also think the cast is to big now. They could jetison Stuart and give his lines to Raj who is as always under used Emily is a non entity really Bernie has allready been reduced to girls night and Howard's wife. The show is running 18 to 20 minutes now so screen time is getting harder to get for the secondary charecter the whole thing is becoming a mess

• Like 4

Do you remember the "iron clause" about Amy that Sheldon quoted to Raj in 7 x 23  ? The " 13 colonies" (8 x 3)?  The "8.2" (8x3)? The "Supportive finnacial inestabilities and changing careers" 7 x 18?

Shamies, I think some of you are reading a lot of NO SHAMY FF!

Do you really think the writers are going to misspend the Gold of SHAMY together for first time for both of them after five  years of building it?

Do you remember the "iron clause" about Amy that Sheldon quoted to Raj in 7 x 23  ? The " 13 colonies" (8 x 3)?  The "8.2" (8x3)? The "Supportive finnacial inestabilities and changing careers" 7 x 18?

Shamies, I think some of you are reading a lot of NO SHAMY FF!

Do you really think the writers are going to misspend the Gold of SHAMY together for first time for both of them after five  years of building it?

yes

I think a place could be made for Amy without Sheldon, but I also think the cast is to big now. They could jetison Stuart and give his lines to Raj who is as always under used Emily is a non entity really Bernie has allready been reduced to girls night and Howard's wife. The show is running 18 to 20 minutes now so screen time is getting harder to get for the secondary charecter the whole thing is becoming a mess

I'd kind of like for them to cut the theme opening and give us back another minute or two.   Way too many commercials and not enough time left for the stories.   Also, they are cutting in and out of two many scenes.   It all seem so choppy now.

yes

Rachel, you really think they are going to mess Shamy up for good?  Oh dear, I'm sorry.

Edited by jenafan

Agreed less airtime (we get more commercials and less show every season) 7 charectors and 2 sometime 3 plots per episode everything is getting choppy and shallow unless it's the a plot and even that's still a quick and dirty resolution

That's the prob with Amy no time for her side of the story

Edited by JE7
  • Like 2

I'd kind of like for them to cut the theme opening and give us back another minute or two.   Way too many commercials and not enough time left for the stories.   Also, they are cutting in and out of two many scenes.   It all seem so choppy now.

Rachel, you really think they are going to mess Shamy up for good?  Oh dear, I'm sorry.

they've already created a big mess so far, it's only going to continue

The problem is 1/2 hour shows used to be 23 minutes long with 7 minutes of commercials. TBBT is 20 minutes long with 10 minutes in commercials. If you watch TBBT in reruns they cut some of the scenes out for even more commercial time. Hard to tell a good story with so many characters and so little time.

• Like 7

Agreed less airtime (we get more commercials and less show every season) 7 charectors and 2 sometime 3 plots per episode everything is getting choppy and shallow unless it's the a plot and even that's still a quick and dirty resolution

That's the prob with Amy no time for her side of the story

I vote they make up for it by creating an extra episode in the season.  :icon_biggrin:  22 eps x 1 minute = 22 minutes (18 - 20 min air time).

• Like 3

I vote they make up for it by creating an extra episode in the season.  :icon_biggrin:  22 eps x 1 minute = 22 minutes (18 - 20 min air time).

its a profit thing we ar lucky we are still getting 24 new ep a season to be honest

• Like 2

I'd like to see a episode or two on the dvd set with a directors cut. The episode would have things in it that were cut because of lack of time, but were deemed worthy of being seen. Some episodes where more time was needed to tell a more complete story. JMO 

• Like 4

I had hoped to get this with the S8 blu-ray set, a longer Shamy make out session in the finale.   It was my understanding that the length was cut for airing.  

All I can say is the writers better make sure Shamy gets than and more on screen at some point to make up for it.

Ah, Dr. Fowler is not going anywhere. TPTB have just put the last phases of their plan into effect. The episode where Sheldon realizes he is not an emotionless Vulcan is his rock bottom. The Tinman's heart the Wizard gave him is broken. He thinks he has lost her, and in doing so realizes how much he misses her. That's why he needed to see that perfectly timed kiss. It's his Grinch's heart growing three sizes, Pinocchio saving Gepetto and  Charlie giving the Everlasting Gobstopper back to Willy Wonka rolled into one. I'm betting he leaves her alone finally, but then she somehow sees the video and they reconcile. My only fear is that they will cliffhanger the reunion over winter hiatus.

I know a great deal of people really, really, really, really (Is that enough reallys?) hate this break up. I know a lot of people think the writers have pulled this storyline out of their ass. I know that a lot of people think that the whole thing was totally unnecessary and that the Shamy was doing fine on their own. However, it seems to me this break was intended to make Sheldon appreciate Amy more,treat her with more respect and finally get them back on the even footing they had in season 4/5.

Could it be done more elegantly? Perhaps. Could it be done worse? Yup. We could of had Amy in a car wreck clinging to life, she could have been abducted by aliens, transferred to a different university, contracted amnesia from being hit on the head by a coconut, injured fighting a bobcat for licorice, stranded in a snowstorm, kidnapped by militant animals rights activists because of her lab monkeys... you name it. They had to get Sheldon to a point where he jumps wholeheartedly into this relationship. Which means moving in, engagement, coitus and marriage. This break up will pay back tenfold.

Read more at: http://transcripts.foreverdreaming.org/viewtopic.php?f=159&t=22558

Your optimism is appreciated, although your Avatar is certainly reminiscent of how I and others feel about Shamy and 4A right now.

I was trying to come up with what type of coat of arms Amy would have on her own flag, or better yet, Shamy's flag.   Any ideas?

It was just closed mouth, I saw a zoomed in gif which confirms that

I had hoped to get this with the S8 blu-ray set, a longer Shamy make out session in the finale.   It was my understanding that the length was cut for airing.  

However, the writers certainly made sure we saw every second of the Shenny nightmare, including Sheldon's hand on Penny's backside.   It looked like there was actually some closed-mouth tongue, but I couldn't tell for sure.

All I can say is the writers better make sure Shamy gets than and more on screen at some point to make up for it.