The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Oh Shelly: " when she is marrying someone better than me"

sigh.

Poor Shelly bean, I actually cried watching this episode.  

1.  He initiated the documents for Leonard to move out and gave him a best friend key.

2.  He admitted to Amy that he has feelings.

3.  He only regressed because Amy refused to move in with him.

4.  He sees everyone abandoning him and thinks he will only get to see them on special occasions.

5.  Amy marrying someone else better than him as one of those special occasions.

6. He accepted that Amy wants to move on and has acknowledged the break up is real to everyone.

I'm still not feeling Amy at all.   Yes, it was nice she defended him to Bernie, but it was matter of fact, with little to no emotion.   During the Skype call, I would have thought she would have shown some remorse for Sheldon pouring his heart out to her about being poisoned by her, Penny, and Leonard.   He got nothing from her but a snide comment pretty much telling him to deal with it, that feelings are a part of life.   That seemed so heartless to me.

I get such mixed feelings about Penny.   In one breath she tells Leonard to stand up to him and tries to break him free of his Sheldon-influenced habits, but then she goes and negates her own advice.   At least she is IC, because she did the same thing in The Table Polarization.

Please, someone, help me to understand why this is happening?   Why are they not giving us even a slight hint from Amy that she even cares?

• Like 9

I think it's the opposite. Amy seemed irritated and anxious to end the conversation. She was doing faces and frankly didn't help him with anything. 

On the other hand Sheldon didn't call her because he was troubled, he called to ask her to move in with him. Completely childish of him, knowing she wouldn't have hesitated 3-4 months prior. It's the same as the last 3-4 episodes. They're broken up, Amy doesn't get to talk about how she's doing, what she's feeling, and what are her plans. Sheldon just pouts and complains about Amy leaving him, but does nothing to change that. Everytime he interacts with her is to piss her off more.

*sighs*

• Like 7

Why are they not giving us even a slight hint from Amy that she even cares?

I know...We didn't even get that much from Amy when she was on Skype. She just seemed angry that he wanted her

• Like 3

I love this show but so far this season I'm just sad. I had even found watching older shows with happy Shamy difficult to watch now. 

Please please let them reconcile soon!

• Like 4

Omg next weeks preview 'prepare yourself for a rigorous touching'

wish he'd give Amy a rigorous touching...

#SexualSheldonisBack #CoitusisComing

• Like 2

if they showed/shows how much amy cares, what would keep them from being together then? IC shamy would have solved everything in the premiere with a simple honest conversation, but then they would be engaged and Leonard could go live with penny and writers would be forced to write out of their comfort zone, like Chaliceinnana said, the writers will cling to ''child!sheldon living with Leonard at the 4A'' as long as possible, it's easier and less risky for them..

• Like 4

My husband swears up and down that Amy is just giving Sheldon a taste of his own medicine to show him what it feels like to not be a priority and to deal with someone who doesn't show how they feel but presents facts.  

It's like Sheldon and Amy's roles have reversed.   She's become the robot, and he is wearing his feelings on his sleeve.

He doesn't think their differences are insurmountable, but they are bigger than a breadbox.

He also said that with the limited screen time Amy has had, it seems to him that she is slowly being written off the show and the writers are using the break to do it.    I told him that is not, can't be true.

Edited by jenafan
  • Like 5

My husband swears up and down that Amy is just giving Sheldon a taste of his own medicine to show him what it feels like to not be a priority and to deal with someone who doesn't show how they feel but presents facts.  

It's like Sheldon and Amy's roles have reversed.   She's become the robot, and he is wearing his feelings on his sleeve.

Agreed. I've said this before also. The more I think about it seems like the logical excuse, I mean it explains why we haven't seen any remorse from Amy. I reckon during that stairwell scene she might have been thinking, after rejecting both Stuart and Kripke, that maybe she thinks it's gone to far but when he says he's 'asked out other women to move on' she realises she's pushed him to far and he's let go...hence her moving on to and dating other men...maybe? I dunno... I need answers like now... Before my brain explodes...

but the roles have definitely reversed. If this break up was like an experiment to see what would happen if the roles reversed she really is clever...but it has gone to far now Ames...fix it

Edited by Amy Fowler
  • Like 2

He also said that with the limited screen time Amy has had, it seems to him that she is slowly being written off the show and the writers are using the break to do it.    I told him that is not, can't be true.

I hope yr husband is wrong but this is exactly how I feel.... So sad they are giving such a small part to Amy/Mayim... what a way to treat 4th time Emmy nominated... I understand without Sheldon - she does not have such a great plot - but giving her last time/last lines than Stuart is disgusting to me.....  they could do in a different way....  So far 5/6 episodes and we did not have any scene explain how´s Amy feeling......  This is getting me more sad than the break up right now... 

• Like 4

I hope yr husband is wrong but this is exactly how I feel.... So sad they are giving such a small part to Amy/Mayim... what a way to treat 4th time Emmy nominated... I understand without Sheldon - she does not have such a great plot - but giving her last time/last lines than Stuart is disgusting to me.....  they could do in a different way....  So far 5/6 episodes and we did not have any scene explain how´s Amy feeling......  This is getting me more sad than the break up right now... 

Exactly, the lack of Amy hurts worse than the break up.  They've done her and Mayim a disservice.  

She is not being written off the show. She is contracted through Season 10.

This is the dynamic now, until the resolve the rift between Amy and Sheldon. There has not been a single whole group scene in Season 9 and there won't be until they are back together and they will be.

Now that we know that the airings of Episodes 6 & 7 were flipped, I think they are leading us down a path toward a Shamy reconciliation.

I, too, believe a reconciliation is coming, Vonmar.   I just don't see how they are going to do it with the way Amy is being portrayed, that's all.

• Like 1

I just need one scene to show me that Amy misses Sheldon as much as he's missing her, because right now, I'm starting to not care if Shamy ever get back together. I found myself thinking that "Sheldon can do better" tonight, and I didn't think I would EVER think that. Simon is the reason I started watching the show (loved him on Studio 60) but I immediately fell in love with the quirky odd-couple known as Shamy. .

What I hope this is all building up towards is Amy does find out about the ring and realizes that she lost everything she had ever wanted, but I do NOT (do you hear me universe DON'T GO THERE!) want to see Amy go crawling back on her knees begging for forgiveness once she finds out Sheldon was minutes/days away from proposing to her. I'd be fine with them being friends for awhile and trying to repair their relationship but not jumping right back into an engagement.  I do think they are endgame but the wounds are deep right now and are going to take more than some band-aids to heal.  

Reconciliation by the end of sweeps, coitus for 200th, engagement in the finale. #callingit 

• Like 3

I keep telling myself to keep watching, believe in the writers that there is a reason they keep pushing this break up at us  but

it kind of makes me sad to watch

• Like 4

I keep telling myself to keep watching, believe in the writers that there is a reason they keep pushing this break up at us  but

it kind of makes me sad to watch

I do to, but my husband is telling me I need to ban the show if it is making me feel this bad to watch it.  I told him I can't, that I have to see how and if they are going to fix this.

• Like 4

I am trying to hang in there hoping that something good is going to happen soon

always hopeful

• Like 1

I love Shamy, but I'm getting tired of seeing sad, mopey Sheldon and annoyed Amy. Until they get back together I'd rather just see them doing things they like. I don't need or want constant reminders that the are not together. I know when they get back together it's going to be epic, but in the meantime I wish the writers would show them in a different light. jmho.

• Like 6

tumblr_nw4va3IAY51sq0wjgo1_500.png

I'm upset :(

that is the look that made me sad...

Edited by RoRo
  • Like 4

Please, someone, help me to understand why this is happening?   Why are they not giving us even a slight hint from Amy that she even cares?

Because the writers beleive, I think, that Sheldon is a manipulative jerk who needs to learn the error of his ways.  He can't learn the error of his ways because the people around him constantly enable his manipulative baloney.  Leonard understood the heart of the situation this ep.  The key fact here is that his manipulative baloney is hurting him, Leonard gets that.  Penny might get it but is too soft hearted at the last minute.  They are doing him no favors. This is not how you treat people if you don't want to end up all alone.  He still needs his comeuppance.  It's coming.  Thank dog.

• Like 8

I just need one scene to show me that Amy misses Sheldon as much as he's missing her

I might be in the minority here but I believe we do see evidence of Amy missing Sheldon, it's just done in more subtle ways. For instance, in recent episodes (9.03 and 9.04) Amy's voice IMO sounds heavy with sadness and emotional exhaustion.  However, I agree there is a need to show more of Amy's experiences, hear her POV and dig deeper into her experiences.

• Like 7