[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

My husband swears up and down that Amy is just giving Sheldon a taste of his own medicine to show him what it feels like to not be a priority and to deal with someone who doesn't show how they feel but presents facts.  

It's like Sheldon and Amy's roles have reversed.   She's become the robot, and he is wearing his feelings on his sleeve.

He doesn't think their differences are insurmountable, but they are bigger than a breadbox.

He also said that with the limited screen time Amy has had, it seems to him that she is slowly being written off the show and the writers are using the break to do it.    I told him that is not, can't be true.

I can't believe this at all. If any of this were true, it would make Amy an absolute monster.

What's pretty obvious is that Sheldon liked things done with little change, and was treating Amy not as an equal partner. Amy wasn't sure about her feelings, and then were tipped to the negative side with Sheldon's actions.

Now it's time for Amy to realize that she really loves Sheldon and wanted him all along, but with the subtle changes in Sheldon's character, caused be the breakup. 

• Replies 25.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• April

• A Shamy gal

• jenafan

• Amy Fowler

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morning peeps! Let me clear up and give a more in depth shamy reportings!   There were 2 takes of the second kiss... As they finish kissing the first time round. They break apart. Sheld

Ok fellow Shamies, I typed up this report on the plane home just now. I've just landed and have another hour or so until I'll be home, but I thought I'd post this at least for you all real quick.  Sor

Oh...I thought someone has already posted a TR? No? Ok. First of all, English is not my first language, so I may have misunderstood a lot of the lines. Please forgive me if the episode turns out

Posted Images

Well, it's really hard to judge because we haven't seen the kiss.   It seems Dave kissed her and not the other way around.   As I've mentioned before, perhaps this confirms to Amy the lack of feeling with anyone else and is something Sheldon needed to see to know not to take her for granted any longer.

The fact is Sheldon needs to realize that the things he does and says have negative consequences, even if what he says is factual.

The way I've heard or at least think I've heard, because the kiss we haven't seen has been discussed ad nauseam, is that Dave gives her a peck on the cheek. Am I wrong , or is there any factual evidence to the contrary?

• Like 2

I was talking about the show and Shamy yesterday with my fiancee and she admitted she's just a a casual viewer now (and she was one of the biggest Shamy shippers I know).

While I still deep down ship them (yes, even despite my negative view on them, and Amy in particular right now), the only real reason why I keep watching is to see how the writers at some point are bored with this story arc and "fix" it in one episode, probably in a really lame way.
Sadly enough that's the only thing I am curious about...

Edited by Chiany
  • Like 3

I can live with the fact, that Amy went out for dates, there´s nothing wrong about meeting other people. I could even accept the kiss, if it was Dave who initiated it and Amy had nothing to with it and wanted to even stop him. (I remember, there was someone, who said that Amy hit him, after Dave kissed her, but I can´t remember who it was). But I don´t want to see an "Amy has to decide which man she´ll take, Sheldon or Dave"-plot, where Amy stays torn between two men until the end of season 9. This would be definitely too much for my Shamy heart.

And what if Dave kissed her and she did nothing? I mean the way I understand it is that Dave kissed her on the cheek. I really, really, really really think that we should all see exactly the circumstances and context surrounding the kiss, as well as its nature and duration in the finished episode in order to form a valid opinion.

• Like 5

does anybody else have the feeling that the way Shamy interaction is playing out on screen now is very different from the TRs? 

I mean it in the best way.. I expected this episode to be nice but i was actually really touched by it, and i think MaJim did such a great job showcasing so many subtle emotions in such little screen time (esp Mayim)

Yes, I had the same thought.

• Like 5

Amy on the other hand needs to rule others out it seems to make sure that she is not missing out on something better than Sheldon.   At least when they do reconcile, she can say she tried it, and there will be no doubt in her mind that she is with who she is supposed to be with.

I don't agree. I could be wrong (since we haven't seen the episodes yet) but Amy going on dates seems a little bit like a woman scorned. I say a little bit because I don't think she's dating to hurt Sheldon, but because she was taken aback by the fact that she had asked 3 women out. I think that in her mind she is somewhat resigned to the fact that Sheldon has or will move on and she has to do the same. As I've mentioned before in this post I could be totally wrong because we haven't seen the episodes yet.

• Like 3

Poor Shelly bean, I actually cried watching this episode.  

1.  He initiated the documents for Leonard to move out and gave him a best friend key.

2.  He admitted to Amy that he has feelings.

3.  He only regressed because Amy refused to move in with him.

4.  He sees everyone abandoning him and thinks he will only get to see them on special occasions.

5.  Amy marrying someone else better than him as one of those special occasions.

6. He accepted that Amy wants to move on and has acknowledged the break up is real to everyone.

I'm still not feeling Amy at all.   Yes, it was nice she defended him to Bernie, but it was matter of fact, with little to no emotion.   During the Skype call, I would have thought she would have shown some remorse for Sheldon pouring his heart out to her about being poisoned by her, Penny, and Leonard.   He got nothing from her but a snide comment pretty much telling him to deal with it, that feelings are a part of life.   That seemed so heartless to me.

I get such mixed feelings about Penny.   In one breath she tells Leonard to stand up to him and tries to break him free of his Sheldon-influenced habits, but then she goes and negates her own advice.   At least she is IC, because she did the same thing in The Table Polarization.

Please, someone, help me to understand why this is happening?   Why are they not giving us even a slight hint from Amy that she even cares?

I will not answer you in regards to any of the numbered points in your post because we have indeed very different views of the things you allude to, and I'm sure it would cause unnecessary friction.  However I do think that I have some insight into how Penny is acting. I don't know her motivation in "The Table Polarization" episode. In the episode broadcast tonight, I think she totally believes what she's advising Leonard to do as far as moving on is the correct thing to do. I believe she's right. I think it was very poignant that it is she's the one who suggests to Leonard that they could live with Sheldon. In this case I think she does it because she feels sorry for Sheldon. She knows her advise is right, but is willing to sacrifice hers and Leonard's privacy for Sheldon. Does that make sense to you? That's they way I see it anyway. 

• Like 4

I'm not sure if the writers are going to do this, but they could do a Cory and Topanga resolution. When Cory and Topanga were broken up Topy went on a date and at the end of the date kissed the guy. Later Topy told her best friend Angela that the kiss meant nothing to her and that she was truly in love with Cory.

Amy's kiss with Dave may have the same effect. The kiss may make her realize that it's Sheldon she wants. The kiss may have started the ball rolling. If true will know be the next TR. If not there's at least a 1,000 other ways to end the break up. You guess is as good as mine, or maybe better.

• Like 3

Since 3 x 23 to 9 x 7, Amy has been on screen in 113 episodes.

In 75 %(more or less) she only had   two or three scenes , one in some,  and except the great SHAMY episodes , less than 30 up to now, she has ALWAYS been a supportive actress. Mayim herself said that in one of her Kveller post two years ago, and it hasn´t changed!

The fact is : Mayim Bialik plays Amy SO GREAT, that sometimes we think she is a main character. We "feel" her presence in the whole episode even she has been in only one scene. (So, she deserves the EMMY!)

I agree with Vonmar: it is the show dynamic now.

Plse rewatch episodes 5 x 8, 5 x 23, 6 x 14, 6 x 16. Amy has only one or two scenes (less than five  minutes) but she IS in the whole episode!

• Like 7

Like Penny in 2 x 21 (or 22?), when she was making out with Stuart and she said "OH, LEONARD!"

I insist: the Dave scene was pretaped. We don´t know if they have two or more, and if they have another one (not shown) before the good night kiss.

And I feel in my guts that Amy in not telling the truth  to her friends about the three dates, as Sheldon did with  Kripke about his" sexual prowess" with Amy in 6 x 14.

We´ll see...

• Like 2

True Susana, thanks for pointing that out.

It's not like Mayim/Amy have had plenty of screentime before this season (perhaps the most she ever had was back in season four and part of five)

Let's just remember how difficult is for us (and of course, I guess for Mayim as well) to try to find a good episode for her Emmy submission.

Edited by sarah7
  • Like 3

I can feel for Shelly, we all can, but when you call your girl who broke up with you because you were not making her your priority to tell her to be your roommate after seeing like 10000 people before her and they rejected you all...... I am surprised that she didn't hang up in his face! I would! He has work to do still, the writers are just taking it slaw for some reason, that's the problem! He will come to his senses, that is for sure! Can't be otherwise.

• Like 5

So much said here...to Amy....(paraphrased)

Sheldon: "What happened to me Amy, years ago I was completely disengaged from my feelings"

Amy: " I don't know how to help you , feelings are a part of life"

Sheldon: " They didn't used to be, you and Leonard and Penny, you all poisoned me with emotions."

sigh...something is coming

I haven't seen the episode yet, but these lines are...so moving!!! Wow! What a way to get up in the morning!

• Like 1

I will not answer you in regards to any of the numbered points in your post because we have indeed very different views of the things you allude to, and I'm sure it would cause unnecessary friction.  However I do think that I have some insight into how Penny is acting. I don't know her motivation in "The Table Polarization" episode. In the episode broadcast tonight, I think she totally believes what she's advising Leonard to do as far as moving on is the correct thing to do. I believe she's right. I think it was very poignant that it is she's the one who suggests to Leonard that they could live with Sheldon. In this case I think she does it because she feels sorry for Sheldon. She knows her advise is right, but is willing to sacrifice hers and Leonard's privacy for Sheldon. Does that make sense to you? That's they way I see it anyway. 

Yes, this makes absolute sense, Carlos.  Thanks for explaining.

I can feel for Shelly, we all can, but when you call your girl who broke up with you because you were not making her your priority to tell her to be your roommate after seeing like 10000 people before her and they rejected you all...... I am surprised that she didn't hang up in his face! I would! He has work to do still, the writers are just taking it slaw for some reason, that's the problem! He will come to his senses, that is for sure! Can't be otherwise.

I may have seen it wrong, but he didn't tell her that he had interviewed 11 people until after she said no, that she wouldn't be his roommate.

I think the key also is that she doesn't want to be his roommate, she wants/wanted to be his partner.

A commenter pointed out earlier that it seemed that Amy was back to being what she and Sheldon were before.   They are talking like friends again, and while that is all well and good, just the sting that Sheldon can tell her that she has poisoned him with feelings and it has no effect on her demeanor toward him is what bothers me.  I would have thought to have seen some tiny gesture of empathy on her part.  He wasn't lashing out, he was being brutally honest with her.   I would have thought that his admission of the effect she's had on him would have touched her, at the very least.

• Like 5

I may have seen it wrong, but he didn't tell her that he had interviewed 11 people until after she said no, that she wouldn't be his roommate.

I think the key also is that she doesn't want to be his roommate, she wants/wanted to be his partner.

A commenter pointed out earlier that it seemed that Amy was back to being what she and Sheldon were before.   They are talking like friends again, and while that is all well and good, just the sting that Sheldon can tell her that she has poisoned him with feelings and it has no effect on her demeanor toward him is what bothers me.  I would have thought to have seen some tiny gesture of empathy on her part.  He wasn't lashing out, he was being brutally honest with her.   I would have thought that his admission of the effect she's had on him would have touched her, at the very least.

Even so, still, she was his girlfriend, she walked out because this role started to be overwhelming, she needs to hear something else from him, there is empathy inside her, she is just hiding it. It is difficult to explain but I get it now. The line that he told to Lenny about her finding someone else... never reached her ear, yet she is still answering the skype and talking to a sad Sheldon, like she is is not sad at all....sarcasm! The ball is in his side, he is starting to understand. I am sure that when they speak, his words will be GOLD. He just needs time... and as a true Shammy, I will wait!

• Like 6

Poor Sheldon

He's gone from being an unfiltered genius to an emotional wreck because he can't function with his roommate and girlfriend leaving him

Whoever thought this was a good storyline to tell is clearly bonkers

I like the unfiltered genius Sheldon who Amy loved

• Like 3

So today, I completely forgot there's new episode and realized it when I came here. And that's something coming from person who many times couldn't fall in sleep or stayed up to 2 AM just to watch. I guess like Sheldon to his emotions, I'm getting disengaged from the show, starting to feel like it's not that bad thing. I don't even know what to say about episode. Sheldon is regretting his emotions, showing all kind's of sad and it does makes you sad .Mayim's amazing potential, wasted, on few lines that are pointless anyway. Amy's only emotions stays slightly annoyed and we're waiting for something more here like if we would wait for a Godot. Everytime they don't show up, we come here tomorrow, arguing, giving each other hope, waiting, over and over. Is our waiting absurd too? I'd like to think no, but I guess I'm just tired of it all.

Episode had in general some kind of melodramatic edge and didn't really made me laugh. Only time I chuckled  was when Sheldon took away Leonard's key just to give it back to him. I'd like to think it will get better, and I guess I stay at least during November sweeps to find out if it maybe will, but other way this show is really losing so much of it's spirit for me now, that every time I watch there's disappointment instead of joy for me, and it's after all, not a purpose you would go watch comedy show with. 

Edited by tallin
  • Like 7

So while "Thor and Dr. Jones" is stuck in my head right now (thanks Wolowitz and Koothrappali!), if the next two episodes are reversed (the guys finding a date for Amy then she goes on a date with Dave, Sheldon revealing his ring to Penny and Leonard), I could say that something big is coming up for the Shamy.

Edited by Chelle
  • Like 4

And what if Dave kissed her and she did nothing? I mean the way I understand it is that Dave kissed her on the cheek. I really, really, really really think that we should all see exactly the circumstances and context surrounding the kiss, as well as its nature and duration in the finished episode in order to form a valid opinion.

Maybe I wasn´t explaining myself clearly. What I want to say is, that it doesn´t matter how the kiss was played out, as long as we haven´t seen it, we can´t be sure it means, so I agree with you at this point.

I just wanted to point out, under which circumstances I could accept this kiss, if it was a peck fine, I could live with it.

• Like 2

There is one thing that will make me scream if it happened: Laura Spencer's character promotion to series regular (I don't give a hoot even if it's just fractional)., and then suddenly there are social group dinners at 4A again WITH Emily but WITHOUT Amy,. I am going to send hate mail to this show's writers.

Edited by Chelle
  • Like 7

There is one thing that will make me scream if it happened: Laura Spencer's character promotion to series regular (I don't give a hoot even if it's just fractional)., and then suddenly there are social group dinners at 4A again WITH Emily but WITHOUT Amy,. I am going to send hate mail to this show's writers.

Agreed. Even while Emily's wildly inappropriate morbid humor can be quite charming, nobody delivers it with such a hilarious nonchalance Amy does. Also I like the sassy ones. 

And let's not forget "That's Amy's spot!" :p

• Like 5

Ugh, the next few episodes are going to be REALLY hard for me to watch.  Jim about killed me tonight with his delivery of the line about "Amy's wedding, when she marries someone better than me."  I even knew it was coming, but still...the feels.  Ouch.

Even just the way he said her name each time, I swear it was so sad.  Ugh ugh and ugh.

Edited by jlove
  • Like 5

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic