The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

I am one of the few who hopes we never hear about the RA again, or only if it's burned ritually.
It's very clear they completely out grew it, and actually is one of the reasons they are broken up now, since Sheldon kept using it as a safety blanket/shield towards Amy.

No more of that.

All they need is love (ugh I sound so cheesy...)

I agree they have outgrown it, but Sheldon didn't refer to it at all during Season 8. Amy on the other hand referred to it a few times, so perhaps she is the one who was using it as a safety shield. I wouldn't want them to discard it, but it does need revising. Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I agree they have outgrown it, but Sheldon didn't refer to it at all during Season 8. Amy on the other hand referred to it a few times, so perhaps she is the one who was using it as a safety shield. I wouldn't want them to discard it, but it does need revising. Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Maybe she did, but as far as I know not to slow down the relationship (could be wrong, can't remember the moments).

So I personally don't see the point.

if he wants to get married why the need of the RA? There's a signed contract already with wedding. Ohh I soo hope they get married!

With all the concern over changing Sheldon's character too much should they reconcile, I'm surprised to hear how many people think he  wouldn't want an extensive agreement for every phase of their relationship.  That seems like a huge character shift to me.  They didn't break up over the RelAg, and Amy for the most part, seemed to like it.  Why wouldn't they negotiate a new one, or amend the old one?  

• Like 6

With all the concern over changing Sheldon's character too much should they reconcile, I'm surprised to hear how many people think he  wouldn't want an extensive agreement for every phase of their relationship.  That seems like a huge character shift to me.  They didn't break up over the RelAg, and Amy for the most part, seemed to like it.  Why wouldn't they negotiate a new one, or amend the old one?  

So far all the signs point towards a character shift for Sheldon - we just don't know yet how big it will be. So it could go either way, tbh.

But yeah, I'd be surprised if they go with Sheldon dramatically getting rid of the RA or something. I'd think rewriting/adjusting the RA could be a neat way to reassure the audience that despite the change Sheldon is still Sheldon.

• Like 6

This thread is way too quiet! Going back to the article that MaJim did a few days ago where it was mentioned that Amy is going to have a "huge" arc, I'm worried about the use of the words "unravel" and "consequences." I'm now thinking that Amy comes to Sheldon wanting to reconcile and Sheldon turns her down. Ball's now in his court. He did say he's going to win her back but I don't think he can easily forgive her dating and kissing another dude. I'm hoping that the RA comes up- that is the cornerstone of the Shamy relationship and it's been suspiciously absent. That has to be on purpose. 

For me, I welcome the words "unravel" and "consequences" as I assume these hint to the Shamy heart-to-heart we've been waiting for all this time.  Although "consequences" sounds harsh I try to think of the positive options. Consequences of the engagement ring could refer to Sheldon communicating his true feelings: WHY he wants to marry Amy and explaining WHAT she means to his life. It could also apply to Amy, the consequence of cutting off Sheldon mid-sentence on video chat the evening of 8.24 she didn't learn about the engagement ring.

I do not agree with the word "forgive" in reference to Amy dating but I understand your point.

• Like 6

So far all the signs point towards a character shift for Sheldon - we just don't know yet how big it will be. So it could go either way, tbh.

But yeah, I'd be surprised if they go with Sheldon dramatically getting rid of the RA or something. I'd think rewriting/adjusting the RA could be a neat way to reassure the audience that despite the change Sheldon is still Sheldon.

But as others have said, Sheldon hasn't mentioned the RA at all for a long time, so I doubt he has much need for it.

Remember, the Sheldon who wrote the RA is not the Sheldon we've seen the last two (or even more) seasons.

But as others have said, Sheldon hasn't mentioned the RA at all for a long time, so I doubt he has much need for it.
Remember, the Sheldon who wrote the RA is not the Sheldon we've seen the last two (or even more) seasons.

As long as they make it part of the story in some way I'm not opposed to it. All I'm saying is I'd personally be surprised if they go all out for this. Idk why, It's just a gut feeling cause they've been dealing with Sheldon's character development in such a gradual way.

I mean, as late of 9x04 we still saw Sheldon being obsessed with the Roommate Agreement (like wanting to set up a new one for Lenny's temporal living situation). 9x07 (the Spock episode) will be a turning point for him, no doubt. But I'm not sure if the writers would have him deal with his newly embraced emotions and get rid of one of his defining idiosyncrasies in one big swoop. But who knows... maybe they will do just that!?

• Like 5

Duuuude! I was hoping it was a pic from a recent taping... Amy in Sheldon's shirt! I wish...

As in the morning after?

Maybe Amy had to wear his T-Shirt, because hers got ripped, when he tore it off her?

We can hope. :) 

Man you guys really take this seriously

No kidding.    I can't stop thinking about them.   It haunts my dreams, my sleep, my work.   I wake up in the middle of the night jotting down notes and ideas for my FF or checking to see what comments have posted during the night and sometimes feel the need to post mid-morning.  I deprive myself of sleep on Tues nights just to catch one tiny hopeful spoiler in the chat room.

One twenty minute airing sets the tone for my mood over the next several days after until I calm down and hope builds in me again.

The amount of time I spend on this forum and writing is a good indication of how bad it is.   The addiction is worse than any I have ever had, nor have I ever had the desire to write fiction to expand a universe that I love so much.   All the arguments and debates created over a fictional characters, seems extremely pointless, when I really have no control over what the show writers choose to do with the character.  However, I do have control over how I choose to write them to the like or dislike of others who read what I create.  However, at times I get Shamy depressed and can't seem to find the words to put on paper.

It is both horrible and exhilarating.   I want to end it knowing it's not good for me the way it is, but I can't stop because I keep thinking just one more episode and it will be okay.     It is worse than a drug, and I've never done drugs, not even marijuana, so I'm assuming.

I'd feel really bad about it, except I know I'm not alone.   The writers knew what they were doing when they invented Shamy, but I don't think they expected it to take off with the fan following it has.   I appreciate those that recognize that this has been harder on us than the Lenny break up because of what little we've been given to show that everything will turn out okay in the end.   We know it will, but they are intent on breaking us down totally until there's nothing left.   Talk about being put through the emotional ringer.

My real concern is what am I going to do when TBBT is over, and I can no longer get my Shamy fix.    If people are truly interested, I guess the FF will continue far beyond the final episode.

I know they are not real people, but the fantasy is extremely real to me, and I'd like it to keep going.   So, I guess in a sense, even describing me to be overzealous about Shamy is a serious understatement.   It's like they've become a part of me.

Someone please signal an SOS, because I seriously need help.....

• Like 7

No kidding.    I can't stop thinking about them.   It haunts my dreams, my sleep, my work.   I wake up in the middle of the night jotting down notes and ideas for my FF or checking to see what comments have posted during the night and sometimes feel the need to post mid-morning.  I deprive myself of sleep on Tues nights just to catch one tiny hopeful spoiler in the chat room.

One twenty minute airing sets the tone for my mood over the next several days after until I calm down and hope builds in me again.

The amount of time I spend on this forum and writing is a good indication of how bad it is.   The addiction is worse than any I have ever had, nor have I ever had the desire to write fiction to expand a universe that I love so much.   All the arguments and debates created over a fictional characters, seems extremely pointless, when I really have no control over what the show writers choose to do with the character.  However, I do have control over how I choose to write them to the like or dislike of others who read what I create.  However, at times I get Shamy depressed and can't seem to find the words to put on paper.

It is both horrible and exhilarating.   I want to end it knowing it's not good for me the way it is, but I can't stop because I keep thinking just one more episode and it will be okay.     It is worse than a drug, and I've never done drugs, not even marijuana, so I'm assuming.

I'd feel really bad about it, except I know I'm not alone.   The writers knew what they were doing when they invented Shamy, but I don't think they expected it to take off with the fan following it has.   I appreciate those that recognize that this has been harder on us than the Lenny break up because of what little we've been given to show that everything will turn out okay in the end.   We know it will, but they are intent on breaking us down totally until there's nothing left.   Talk about being put through the emotional ringer.

My real concern is what am I going to do when TBBT is over, and I can no longer get my Shamy fix.    If people are truly interested, I guess the FF will continue far beyond the final episode.

I know they are not real people, but the fantasy is extremely real to me, and I'd like it to keep going.   So, I guess in a sense, even describing me to be overzealous about Shamy is a serious understatement.   It's like they've become a part of me.

and the writers know people like us will keep watching "just in case"

• Like 3

May I offer a consoling hug?

(Been there, done that in my teens. My obsession over the X-Files knew no bounds and now it's all coming back with a new mini-season in January. /hysterical laugher)

• Like 6

Now I know it is not going to go down this way but just had a thought. Amy has been on two dates so far with Dave. Howard found out in season 4 that the threshold for sex is three dates. Does Sheldon know this as well? Penny casually mentions that Amy is going on the third date and Sheldon's eyes get round and he demands that Leonard drives him to the restaurant the date is taking place at. When Leonard refuses, out come the bus pants. Not that Amy will let a man under both her cardigans on date three, but Sheldon is not taking any chances. Just a plot bunny I thought up.

• Like 6

I appreciate those that recognize that this has been harder on us than the Lenny break up because of what little we've been given to show that everything will turn out okay in the end.

I also think the Shamy breakup is harder because, unlike Leonard and Penny, Sheldon and Amy have never been in love (romantically) with anyone else.

They're each other's first true loves, and breaking up from that is excruciatingly heartbreaking.

Watching anyone go through their first breakup, is painful, but when they're in their 30s (as opposed to in their teens, as in most cases), it's extra painful to watch.

My real concern is what am I going to do when TBBT is over, and I can no longer get my Shamy fix.

We'll always have the Bluerays/DVDs, fanfiction, this forum, our figurines, life-size cutouts, etc.

They'll probably even release TBBT computer games.

Edited by Stephen Hawking
  • Like 2

Amen to that....all you said, but the FF, I don't write them, but for everything else...I could be you!

• Like 2

Not that Amy will let a man under both her cardigans on date three.

She almost did, in one of my fanfics.

I terrified some of my readers with it.

Evil, aren't I? :icon_evil: 

• Like 1

I also think the Shamy breakup is harder because, unlike Leonard and Penny, Sheldon and Amy have never been in love (romantically) with anyone else.

They're each other's first true loves, and breaking up from that is excruciatingly heartbreaking.

Watching anyone go through their first breakup, is painful, but when they're in their 30s (as opposed to in their teens, as in most cases), it's extra painful to watch.

We'll always have the Bluerays/DVDs, fanfiction, this forum, our figurines, life-size cutouts, etc.

They'll probably even release TBBT computer games.

"life-size cutouts" 

tumblr_mg35cmR20E1rr8wbto2_500.gif

• Like 3

Thank you for that, it probably wasent easy to write but I have never had it explained to me quite so well. I understand most of you better now I think 

• Like 2

I don't think she does. If they used a box I'm sure someone would have mentioned it by now and in general I think they use the height difference for comedic effect. Like, just look at the train kiss and the ridiculous way he has to bend down to kiss her and the way their posture shifts as he steps closer to her. 

He *does* look a little like a cheese doodle when he bends over like that :-D