[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Well of course it is subjective, but the way i see it she can feel it as betrayal.Comparing to real life - it's like, if you date a partner for 5 years, you want kids, they don't want kids, so you agree to that because you love them, and then after you break up they're suddenly ready to have kids with someone else... Or if a girl wants official marriage, the guy says 'no, living together is enough', then they break up and with the next girl he's married within a few months. I actually know quite a few stories like that from real life and in all those instances people were really hurt by the sudden change of their ex-partners. Yes, people change, and ofc they have the right to... But it can still hurt a lot!

I am not thinking him dating someone else SOME DAY is a betrayal! of course he has a right for his happiness... However him dating so soon is kind of weird.

By 'betraying who he is' i meant is that the way i see it with Amy, first he was attracted to her.. It wasn't maybe love yet, but it was strong attraction, he knew he wanted her in his life, and it went against all his concepts, he didnt WANT to date her and be in a relationship, but love/attraction won. I assosiate myself a lot with him in this, because i am also strongly against relationships as well, but sometimes love just overpowers and your throwing your principles out the window for love.. And i understand it. But if he just started 'dating' for the sake of dating, i believe it would strongly go against him as a person.. Yes ofc we can presume he's changed, but i believe core things like that don't usually change.

Well i don't know what other couples  you shipped, maybe you were really lucky, but most of the couples i shipped had at least difficult, complicated, cynical person in them (sometimes both)... I think these couples are brightest on tv for a reason, it creates tension, you want the characters together but they have issues.. Idk, i just think it's normal for shipping. You want characters together but you want them together in a healthy way. I just love Sheldon and i wanna see him grow as a person. Same goes for Amy. That's why i ship them. 

We will just have to agree to disagree on the betrayal part.  I don't see this as those situations.  Especially since the break up wasn't mutual and while Sheldon has been slow to act, he has never said he wouldn't give her those things.  She may have questioned whether he wanted those things with her (I think that was a major hang up for her) but he has never said, "nope, never gonna give you this".  But I disgress.

On your second point, I understand that Amy doesn't see this, but honestly, we know this isn't what Sheldon really wanted.  He was "drunk" and sad and upset.  Even drunk he went about it half assed.  I don't think he would have considered it under normal circumstances and his immediate reaction was to balk at the suggestion until Raj kinda talked him into it.

Honestly, I haven't shipped a lot of couples because believe it or not, I am not a huge tv person, lol.  However, I think people think that I expect things to be sunshine and rainbows all the time with the couples.  And it's not even a break up that bothers me.  It's THIS break up.  A break up at the beginning of last season would have been just fine with me and I think it would have worked much much better and been a lot of believable to me.  However, I am talking about how people seem to think that Sheldon really brought nothing to this relationship other than his role as a horrible boyfriend.  I see the dynamic in a way you described in your post here.  But, I have felt a lot of people here fail to see any good in Sheldon as a boyfriend, and I question why someone would even want them to be a couple if you see it that way.  If you don't fall into that category, then I am sorry I lumped you in with that.

Edited by nickelette424
  • Like 5

• Replies 25.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• April

• A Shamy gal

• jenafan

• Amy Fowler

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morning peeps! Let me clear up and give a more in depth shamy reportings!   There were 2 takes of the second kiss... As they finish kissing the first time round. They break apart. Sheld

Ok fellow Shamies, I typed up this report on the plane home just now. I've just landed and have another hour or so until I'll be home, but I thought I'd post this at least for you all real quick.  Sor

Oh...I thought someone has already posted a TR? No? Ok. First of all, English is not my first language, so I may have misunderstood a lot of the lines. Please forgive me if the episode turns out

Posted Images

Frankly, I hate this whole concept of who's on whose team here. BOTH of them had faults and BOTH of them are responsible. Yes I tend to lean more in favor of Sheldon but I can see that they both had faults, not just blaming one partner and claiming one is right. Shamy is and will always be a team. They make up together and break up together so why do we keep endlessly going on about teams here or who is at the most fault?? The only team I'm on is Team Shamy. They are and always will be united in my eyes, not reason to throw blame towards a sole parter. 

I have been vehemently against this break up from when it was only a break but I've swallowed the bitter pill and moved on. While I do think it wasn't necessary, now that it's here, I think they both had issues that led to this breakup, although Amy's issues with Sheldon's behavior are more existent and easier to track. My point is that there shouldn't be any teams about who is more at fault. They were both at fault here. Sheldon felt as though Amy was pushing him and Amy didn't feel Sheldon was committed to her. 

Edited by Kathleen
  • Like 6

Okey... I spend myself with all this ShamyMajim stuff. Everything is futility lol

This episode hit me finally. I do not know how I will survive the next two. as on gift, i suppose

I sincerely try to understand - what, who, when and for what, but it seems to me that my analytic skills sucks

and it's taping tomorrow, damn it

tumblr_inline_np8ux8T5ia1sdytpk_500.gif

Edited by AlFisher
  • Like 3

I don't think anyone that is complaining about Amy is saying she is a horrible person.   The frustration is that we don't know her side to know whether she is doing what's best for her or not.   The frustration is that because of her, and her decision not only to break up but to maintain it with no solid explanation, there is no Shamy anymore.   How can Sheldon fix something if he doesn't know what is wrong?   It seems she doesn't want to fix it because she won't talk to him.

All she has ever told Sheldon is that she wants to sort through her feelings, but none of us, including him, know her feelings.   However, we do know she wants to date.  She's not just standing her ground, she's running away from the person she is supposed to be with and allowing another man to put his lips on hers.

Sheldon's dating it being taken out of context.   He's not looking for someone to replace Amy.   He knows Amy is the only one for him, and I agree it would be a betrayal for himself and Amy to consider it for real.    In tonight's episode, he was influenced by (3) sips of beer, which for Sheldon may as well have been the whole bottle.  He's looking to dull the pain, and he gave up as quickly as he started.  He was never serious about it.

I don't believe there is anyone else for Sheldon, but I don't think it's fair to say that it's okay for Amy to do what's best for her and try to find love again and then turn around and say Sheldon is betraying her for trying to do so too after she has opened his heart and then told him she doesn't want him anymore. 

Let's hope they don't find it with anyone else and come back to each other, please.   Sheldon is what's best for Amy and Amy is what's best for him.  

Idk, i've seen many people say smth along the lies of 'a smack in the face Amy needs', to me it equals "Amy = horrible person" or even worse!( I don't remember you saying that, but i've seen many people say that :/

I agree, her side was kind of inconsistent on this, but in general i still can say i know her side.... I don't know , ive seen arguments about it for days and days on end here, and you know i think it all might come down to logic/feelings... Some people see the world through logic and they point out (excellently) all the points you mentioned and even more. And some of us see the world through feelings.. I can't help it, all of the episodes i've watched, i feel Amy's side, i feel like i know  her feelings 
(Except for episode 3, there i kind of felt what you've probabaly felt all of s9, she looked so cheerful i got really pissed at the writers! like wtf why is she happy after the break up?!)
However in all of the latter and previous episodes Mayim's facial expressions and subtle changes in her tone of voice were enough, it felt to me like Amy's story is being told... I can't break it down to logical points and prove it (i could probably try and to prove it with body language, but it would get wayy too long ) but i can't help it, that's just how i feel! : )

I agree she doesn't wanna fix it but i think Sheldon could fix it by simply asking her, which he still hasn't done yet ! (not blaming him, just stating the fact)

I just believe it's fair to both of them to do what's best for them, it's just, while for Amy i think is dating (cause that's what she's always wanted ), for Sheldon it's kind of closing off and going to his old self. Ok it probably comes off wrong, i don't know how to explain. It's just that i wanna see their in their integrity and that's how i see them... Amy trying out dating, Sheldon trying out regressing. In any case i believe it wont last long !!

Awwww i completely agree with bolded parts : ) I don't think we'll have to wait long ! i really really believe episode 8 might be special... (the location Melissa posted on instagram also helps =p )

PS Also wanted to quote you post on addiction but can't find it, worry not, you're not alone =)) I've had worse addictions then TBBT but it's the strongest in a few years. But i think addictions are great. I mean it's a healthy addiction, it's not drugs or alcohol : D I myself enjoy having such addictions in my life cause it's a great way to pour your emotions somewhere and experience intensity, without creating unnecessary drama in your real life =)

• Like 4

I believe he did imply a why bother when the guys first suggested he date again, but I will have to watch the episode again tomorrow to make sure.

It's like the Intimacy Acceleration.   I think he knew asking others out wouldn't work, and when he failed to get a positive response, it only served to prove his point.   It was just something to do, and he wasn't serious.

Amy may be the only one he's interested in, but what good is it to push the point if he feels holding onto her is a lost cause? 

Amy, on the other hand, is clearly interested in others besides Sheldon.   There lies the difference.

Your reply is one good example of what I was talking about, you are reading things all in Sheldon's favor, doesn't matter what he did, say or what he failed to say.

Also, you say he's fine doing whatever he wants because he has the right to go on with this life and doesn't have to hold into a lost cause, he is regarded as respectful and mature (really?, don't you think he gave up too fast and too easily?), yet, at the same time, Amy doesn't look good at all if she looks like "happy with her single life", and, despite being her the one who asked for time and then called the break up, she should be showing signs of wanting to resume the relationship, I mean, why? don't you think that maybe she felt that pursuing a relationship with Sheldon was also a 'lost cause'? why is she being regarded as cold for doing exactly the same thing as Sheldon? trying to keep on with her life?

The bolded part, is it clear that Amy is interested in other men? I don't think so, I think it's clear that Amy is interested and open to have a relationship, while Sheldon isn't (except with her), that may sound so very romantic, but does that automatically make Sheldon the good one? I don't think so, they are different persons, with different needs.

• Like 5

We will just have to agree to disagree on the betrayal part.  I don't see this as those situations.  Especially since the break up wasn't mutual and while Sheldon has been slow to act, he has never said he wouldn't give her those things.  She may have questioned whether he wanted those things with her (I think that was a major hang up for her) but he has never said, "nope, never gonna give you this".  But I disgress.

On your second point, I understand that Amy doesn't see this, but honestly, we know this isn't what Sheldon really wanted.  He was "drunk" and sad and upset.  Even drunk he went about it half assed.  I don't think he would have considered it under normal circumstances and his immediate reaction was to balk at the suggestion until Raj kinda talked him into it.

Honestly, I haven't shipped a lot of couples because believe it or not, I am not a huge tv person, lol.  However, I think people think that I expect things to be sunshine and rainbows all the time with the couples.  And it's not even a break up that bothers me.  It's THIS break up.  A break up at the beginning of last season would have been just fine with me and I think it would have worked much much better and been a lot of believable to me.  However, I am talking about how people seem to think that Sheldon really brought nothing to this relationship other than his role as a horrible boyfriend.  I see the dynamic in a way you described in your post here.  But, I have felt a lot of people here fail to see any good in Sheldon as a boyfriend, and I question why someone would even want them to be a couple if you see it that way.  If you don't fall into that category, then I am sorry I lumped you in with that.

that's not quite what i meant by that example, but nevermind! agree to disagree is always good = )

Nope, i know that's not what he wanted.I honestly dont have an issue with them asking it out. I only said that i can see how Amy's startled by that and actually i wanted to edit my original post at first but forgot, i think it's not even that she'd see that so much as a betrayal, more like a confirmation  to the conclusion she already has "he doesn't care about me", or something like that.
I agree with you that if (kinda imagining) he's asked the girls out willingly and ready to date, it could be for the reason you said, Amy's opened his heart, and now he won't be so slow anymore, and he loved her, but she left him, so he wants to move on.
But my point was Amy wouldn't see it like that.. SHe'd see it as a confirmation to her conclusion she's never been a priority enough in his life, she wasn't important enough for him to overcome some things that he now overcame.

I also haven't shipped many couples, i think i only strongly shipped maybe 5 couples in my life, but shamy is definitely the strongest obsession in the last few years =)  And i agree the time of the break up is very effed up. But idk , i just like to go with the flow i guess, i mean if the writers did this, what can i do? I can't really change it, so i'm trying to get the best of it. Also i am team writers know what they're doing and believe the point of this break up is to speed up the process of emerging the Sexual Sheldon and make Sheldon aware of his feelings and make it in a believable way... Thats why i dont really mind.

And nope, i do not think Sheldon is a bad boyfriend. I mean, i think he did a lot of rude, disrespectful and frankly chauvinistic things sometimes, but i put the blame on Amy too that she wasn't rebelling against it. If she standed her ground before, she probably wouldn't have freaked out at the Flash comment... But it is what it is, i can't change it, so i guess i'm trying to make the best of it.
Also, if it wasn't for Sheldon's constant cockblocking, i guess i'd probably be siding with Sheldon , cause like i said, i think a lot of blame is on Amy for being silent for so long... But i am really, really, really sympathetic with Amy for living sex deprived for so long, so i'm kind of forgiving her outburst. But no, i don't think Sheldon was a horrible boyfriend!

• Like 4

All I can say is I was about ready to cry after seeing Amy's look of devastation after Sheldon told her he had asked other women out.  I really feel for you guys right now.  

That part is so sad...both of them look so hurt and sad! Amy is about to cry and Sheldon's face after he speaks of moving on is more devastated than his look in the previous episode when he mentioned Amy's marrying somebody better...

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 2

I am one of the few who hopes we never hear about the RA again, or only if it's burned ritually.
It's very clear they completely out grew it, and actually is one of the reasons they are broken up now, since Sheldon kept using it as a safety blanket/shield towards Amy.

No more of that.

All they need is love (ugh I sound so cheesy...)

Quite frankly, I wouldn't mind either.

As cute as it was and how unique it made Shamy as a couple, it WAS in fact something to make Sheldon feel safe and he'd often break rules in it, both for himself and for Amy so what's the point, right? I have this one Shamy fantasy that plays in my head every once in a while where Sheldon and Amy are on the topic of the RA and he picks it up and throws it in the trash right in front of her face. He then moves in, kisses her passionately and when they part he says, "We don't need that any more..." because he knows that they can get by just fine without it on their own :). All they need is love, just like you said.

Had to edit to add this: you know would be super adorable? If this did happen and then later on in their relationship when Sheldon is ready to purpose to her, He hands her a whole new book that she thinks is a brand new, updated RA but when she opens it, it just says, "Will you be my wife?" in Sheldon's words. That would be so romantic.

Edited by MJistheBOMB
  • Like 3

IMo, episode 8, with all the "mystery" and/or "mystification" in it  will be:

1) the end of the break up and SHAMY starting to be together again, or,

2) nothing to do with SHAMY, with a  wierd  (and funny?) story accordingly with all the IG posted by Melissa,Johnny and Mayim (and the baby doll inside the car!).

Kaley and Mayim are dressed in their "characters", but Amy seems not wearing a shirt under her cardigan.I see another thing.

This episode will be aired on Nov 12, my birthday (and a special one). I hope it will be a beautiful present for me!  I still trust the writers!.

• Like 3

I completely forgot there was a new episode tonight. I have some sort of stomach bug and I've been in bed all day sleeping. Thank goodness I woke up 5 minutes before the show began. The episode was really funny, then the staircase scene...sniff...sniff. I got so emotional. Darn you Mayim and your acting.

Soft Kitty, Warm Kitty....Haha....couldn't resist. I hope you feel better and yes, that staircaise scene was heart breaking! Amy almost lost it right there. Oh, my poor babies.

• Like 1

IMo, episode 8, with all the "mystery" and/or "mystification" in it  will be:

1) the end of the break up and SHAMY starting to be together again, or,

2) nothing to do with SHAMY, with a  wierd  (and funny?) story accordingly with all the IG posted by Melissa,Johnny and Mayim (and the baby doll inside the car!).

Kaley and Mayim are dressed in their "characters", but Amy seems not wearing a shirt under her cardigan.I see another thing.

This episode will be aired on Nov 12, my birthday (and a special one). I hope it will be a beautiful present for me!  I still trust the writers!.

I think the second one is more possible. After all the drama in 907, it's likely they'll do a simple, funny episode.

• Like 3

Ok so in my own nutshell:

1. The fencing story was hilarious, especially that part where Barry turned his back from his "students" to take a call and the guys started messing around,  then returning to their original stance when Barry's call ended.
2. Stuart is this season's sort-of like early season Wolowitz.
3. Shamy scene on the landing - THE FEELS! There is a sense of longing for these two. Amy can say she will date when she wants and all frack like that, but in her heart she still wants Sheldon.The heart wants what it wants. If the next two episodes get reversed, it only means one thing: she was mentally pushed to date Dave because she thought Sheldon is trying to move on by dating someone else.

• Like 9

I just watched the episode. I will read your comments later.

First, I can't wait for the end of the break-up !! So sad to see them trying to move on.

Sheldon is definitively drunk in the bar and in the stairs. Amy is effectively upset, I think first by the fact he has tried to move on himself (I think she though he will not and he will stayed alone), and after I think his comment about "tasting good" can be misinterpreted. I think that's comment which upset her more, and it was the start for her to think she must try dating.

I really hope for the spoiler tomorrow. :'(

• Like 2

I'm so impressed with Sheldon.  He is truly missing Amy.  He wants to hold onto her but also wants to accept her right to move on.  He is being so unselfish right now.  Seeing him challenge Kripke, seeing him at the bar, and listening to him tell Amy not to get too attached to Kripke made my heart melt.

His entire demeanor tonight in his facial expressions was to hide his pain.   I loved that he glove-slapped Leonard.   I enjoyed that he recognized his limitations to confront Kripke in that moment but gave him the dignity of being his teacher so he can kick his butt three years later.

I was also surprised he acknowledged there might be someone else out there for him.   He seems to be letting go of many things.   The whole (3) sips of beer thing and the guys worrying about it cracked me up.   I think it is clear now that Red Heads don't do it for him.

I was glad to see Amy getting upset at the end.   I believe Amy had considered dating others all along based on her conversation with the girls, but I believe it was Sheldon's comment about asking two girls out that will push her to do it quicker than she planned.

I also believe this whole dating business is setting Sheldon up for seeing Amy kiss Dave.   He's accepted the fact that she is going to date.   I don't think the kiss is going to shock him as much as realizing that he thinks he is too late with his proposal.

Loved the whole line about how many licks it takes to get to the center of Sheldon.  

Sheldon is clearly starting to show a side of himself that Amy has never seen.  He's feeling.  He's becoming uninhibited.   He considered the fact that perhaps there is someone else out there for him besides her.  He wants to run in the other direction rather than be left alone with her.   I don't think it's about anger and retaliation anymore.   He's just trying to survive a broken heart.

I think it is this side of Sheldon that is going to cause Amy to second guess her decision because she doesn't have a hold over him anymore.      

We know that Penny is going to intervene in an upcoming ep and force Sheldon to face his heartbreak, but I'm convinced that if that didn't happen, for all intense purposes Sheldon was intent on moving on.

I hate to say it, but if Sheldon did, right now with the way Amy has been behaving, I wouldn't blame him.  

I agree with most of your comment but not about Sheldon who thinks he can find someone else. He does it just to try to not be hurt, but he clearly is not interested of dating.

• Like 2

Still reading through everyones posts and playing catch up but I had to say that I agree with those who are saying that's unfair to say that Sheldon asking out other women is a betrayal. Is Amy giving Kripke's junk a "thumbs up" with her eyeballs and her kissing Dave a betrayal? LOL. DOOOOONNNN'T EVEN GO THERE. LOL.

As much as it hurts and we hate the thought of them being with others.....unfortunately, they have every right.

Edited by MJistheBOMB
  • Like 3

I just watched the episode. I will read your comments later.

First, I can't wait for the end of the break-up !! So sad to see them trying to move on.

Sheldon is definitively drunk in the bar and in the stairs. Amy is effectively upset, I think first by the fact he has tried to move on himself (I think she though he will not and he will stayed alone), and after I think his comment about "tasting good" can be misinterpreted. I think that's comment which upset her more, and it was the start for her to think she must try dating.

I really hope for the spoiler tomorrow. :'(

Yeah, I know this is like by far the worst Shamy season because there is no Shamy.  And some of you pointed out... it's just getting worse and (even though I know it's going to be over soon) it feels like there's no end.  Let's hope they get back together at least before Thanksgiving. *fingers-crossed for a good episode tomorrow*

Edited by snow*flower
  • Like 4

I have to agree that it's clear that Amy doesn't know what she wants yet; which is why we hear, "I don't know..." from her a lot regarding anything having to do with this situation.

I was glad to hear what she said about her insecurities when she first met the girls. Perhaps this means we'll get to see a new, stronger side of Amy that is not afraid to say how she feels among other things.....which will make for one hell of a reconciliation ;-).

• Like 3

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic