[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Tensor

Maybe I missed something, Amy's first date with day was on the "mystery date" or was is when he kissed her? 

If I remember correctly, in the episode for next week she says she was on three coffee dates with different guys, one of them Dave. In the ep she gets a message from Dave for another date which makes the kiss that Sheldon sees date #2. The mystery date from the recent TR would then be #3.

If I remember correctly, in the episode for next week she says she was on three coffee dates with different guys, one of them Dave. In the ep she gets a message from Dave for another date which makes the kiss that Sheldon sees date #2. The mystery date from the recent TR would then be #3.

Might on be two dates with Dave.  The text could be asking her if she'd like to go on a second date and that is the mystery date for this TR.

Edited by A Shamy gal
  • Like 1

Might on be two dates with Dave.  The text could be asking her if she'd like to go on a second date and that is the mystery date for this TR.

The episodes were switched...After she got the text (which was after they met for coffee) they went on another date and Sheldon saw their goodnight kiss. The "mystery" date was their third one...even if I think the title refers more to the Scavenger hunt date Sheldon had...By the way, the conversation Sheldon has with "his girl" is near the door or inside the apartment? The tag is Sheldon slapping the door on her face, but I was curious to understand if it was a "date". They seemed to get along, which makes me think they spend some time together, but the logistic is not clear to me...

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 1

??? I'm not sure this adds up with the episodes as they air.

9x06 -> Gang tries to find a date for Amy with the app thingy. She reveals she was on a few coffee dates already and gets a text from Dave for a second date.

9x07 -> Sheldon sees her and Dave at the end of their date.

9x08 -> Lenny/Bernie spy on another date with her and Dave.

• Like 3

it's the writers writing the whole sorry mess.....

Of course the writers are writing it, but it's your opinion, not fact, that the story is a "sorry mess".  IMO, they're not "just another boring on and off again TV couple", but simply another human couple that happens to not be this perfect paragon that some people make them out to be.

We all know that their relationship isn't perfect and that Sheldon often either rules the relationship because of his demanding ways or gets away with murder while she struggles to appease him or ignore his comments or behavior, even in the best of times.

Sheldon has been slowly improving in some ways, but he's far from perfect.  And she's far from perfect herself, still sometimes using manipulation to try to get her way.

Whatever.  Just because they have a good communication history doesn't mean Amy might not get fed up--and that's all it was, really, at first, until Sheldon pushed her past the brink.

I think that up until this happened, they were, as Bernie once said, "half-assing" their way through it.  Yes,mthey talked, but many times they didn't, and we know that they went through some things where Sheldon was rude to her or she was rolling her eyes at him.

While that may not be unusual for those who are experienced at relationships, for Sheldon and Amy, they have been like two adolescent kids dealing with adult matters.  Like teenagers behind the wheel.

They're old enough to drive, but too inexperienced to drive well.

IMO, it's perfectly organic and progressing as it should.

• Like 4

9x06 -> Gang tries to find a date for Amy with the app thingy. She reveals she was on a few coffee dates already and gets a text from Dave for a second date.

Yeah I forgot about the coffee date.  So it is three dates.

I´m glad, that she finally dumped Dave, I hope that Amy now starts rethink her situation with Sheldon and realizes what she still loves him and is willing to talk to him.

Even, if I feel bad for Amy that even Dave is a big fan of Sheldon, I must admit that I laughed when I read that she kicked him out of her car after he admitted, that he´s happy he at least, kisses someone who had kissed Sheldon Cooper (awkward confession, but still funny). But I wouldn´t say, that Amy gets all the creepy guys, I mean Sheldon is hard to live with sometimes, but he´s as unique and quirky as Amy is (that´s why I love them so much) and because Dave admits he likes Sheldon as well, doesn´t make him a weirdo, he just used a strange way to express his admiration for him. We actually know nothing about him.

But I don´t know what to think of the rest of the gang. Why didn´t they tell Amy about the ring? Maybe, they had to promise Sheldon, not to tell her, because he doesn´t want to destroy her happiness with Dave. After he saw them together, he decided to accept, that Amy doesn´t want to be with him anymore, that she decided to continue her life without him (this would make it even more sad, oh my poor heart!). So he asked his friends to be quiet about the ring.

So Lenny and Bernadette go after Amy to see, how serious it is between Amy and Dave and they even film it, so they can show Sheldon, that it´s not as serious as he might think.

But before they show it to him, they will first check the video, if there are any hints, that she and Dave are not getting serious (you know what I´m referring to). And only if they find any indications that this is not serious they will show it to Sheldon. That is my guess.

Edited by Desdemona
  • Like 4

Ok so "Mystery Date" when she throws him off the car was Date number 1, then he asks her out and she gives him a second chance, which is what Sheldon sees. So really this episode was taped out of order, right?

So do they say how she met Dave, if it wasn't through the app?

I´m glad, that she finally dumped Dave, I hope that Amy now starts rethink her situation with Sheldon and realizes what she still loves him and is willing to talk to him.

Even, if I feel bad for Amy that even Dave is a big fan of Sheldon, I must admit that I laughed when I read that she kicked him out of her car after he admitted, that he´s happy he at least, kisses someone who had kissed Sheldon Cooper (awkward confession, but still funny). But I wouldn´t say, that Amy gets all the creepy guys, I mean Sheldon is hard to live with sometimes, but he´s as unique and quirky as Amy is (that´s why I love them so much) and because Dave admits he likes Sheldon as well, doesn´t make him a weirdo, he just used a strange way to express his admiration for him. We actually know nothing about him.

But I don´t what to think of the rest of the gang. Why didn´t they tell Amy about the ring? Maybe, they had to promise Sheldon, not to tell her, because he doesn´t want to destroy her happiness with Dave. After he saw them together, he decided to accept, that Amy doesn´t want to be with him anymore, that she decided to continue her life without him (this would make it even more sad, oh my poor heart!). So he asked his friends to be quiet about the ring.

So Lenny and Bernadette go after Amy to see, how serious it is between Amy and Dave and they even film it, so they can show Sheldon, that it´s not as serious as he might think.

But before they show it to him, they will first check the video, if there are any hints, that she and Dave are not getting serious (you know what I´m referring to). And only if they find any indications that this is not serious they will show it to Sheldon. That is my guess.

I think Bernadette was just filming them to show Lenny who were back in the car.  As for the ring, I don't want their friends to tell Amy about the ring.  It's not their place to tell her.  Sheldon should be the one telling her about the ring.

• Like 2

Ok so "Mystery Date" when she throws him off the car was Date number 1, then he asks her out and she gives him a second chance, which is what Sheldon sees. So really this episode was taped out of order, right?

No...

Coffee off screen before The Helium insufficiency is the n. 1

Kiss seen by Sheldon in The Spock resonance is n. 2

Kick off the car in The mystery date observation in n.3 (and hopefully the last one!!!)

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 5

I think Bernadette was just filming them to show Lenny who were back in the car.  As for the ring, I don't want their friends to tell Amy about the ring.  It's not their place to tell her.  Sheldon should be the one telling her about the ring.

Of course I would prefer that he´s the one who tells her about the ring, but I don´t know how to make them approach to each other so they talk and Sheldon confesses her his proposal plans. Regarding the taping report, it looks like he gave up on her, because he thinks she´s moving on.

• Like 1

Ok so basically Amy kisses a guy she barely knows, then discovers he's an idiot on the third date. 

Kinda different from the Amy who asked for tepid water and told sheldon that all forms of physical contact were off the table. 

• Like 6

Yeah, I also wonder what the talk between Dave and Amy will be like - especially what Amy tells him about Sheldon. Also, this bit from the TR:

"Bernadette walks past the restaurant window several times in disguise filming the date on her phone."

My initial assumption was that she'd do this for Lenny who are still back in the car (I think?) but then I thought OMG WAITAMINUTE! What if the next episode has the gang getting the Spock tape and give it to Amy, and simultaneously give the date tape to Sheldon??

sheldon_yes_to_all.thumb.gif.c76bc1462e0

;)

• Like 3

Ok so basically Amy kisses a guy she barely knows, then discovers he's an idiot on the third date. 

Kinda different from the Amy who asked for tepid water and told sheldon that all forms of physical contact were off the table. 

I'm not ok with that kiss too, but the person who was at the taping referred to it as a quick peck on the lips. I have to see it on screen to judge...

• Like 2

Ok just had a plot idea for reconciliation. It's Thanksgiving and Penny now married wants to try and more domesticated for Leonard so she decides to attempt cooking thankgiving with the help of Bernadette and Amy. Both Lenny ask Shamy if they are ok being together not together on a holiday and both say fine (even though of course they aren't). So needless to say jabs are thrown eventually causing them to come face to face in an organic fight. (Unsure of location of thanksgiving on this one). Finally Amy tells Sheldon to come with her and they go somewhere and have a semi-mature Shamyesque convo resulting in a make-out caught by their friends and Penny considers her thanksgiving a huge success... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like your idea Kerry! :shy:

But as far as I remember, Penny is not a good cook (I remember that she and Leonard were having lunch/dinner and Leonard said something about the spaghettis, that they were too boiled away). Maybe Penny prepares a test thanksgiving dinner and asks Sheldon to taste it. Unfortunately one of the ingredients causes Sheldon great pains, so Penny calls the ambulance. When Amy finds out, she hurries to hospital. Sheldon is happy to see her, he thought he would die (we all know that he can get very hypochondriac), that he admits life is too short, which Amy agrees and they finally have a serious talk and reconcile at the end.

• Like 2

A. It's not a big passionate kiss.  It's my understanding it's simply an end-of-the-date goodnight kiss.  And at this point, she's been to coffee with Dave a few times, so they're not really strangers.

B. This Amy is a different Amy than the one who dated once a year to appease her mother and wasn't interested in physical contact.  She's obviously been contacting Sheldon for a while now and know what kissing is like.  At least to some degree.

• Like 3

I was thinking that too. I guess that's the excitement of seeing how the episode will actually play out when it airs.  Just reading this TR we don't get important details about Amy's emotions during the Amy/Dave restaurant conversation. Is she annoyed by all the Sheldon questions and trying to get the conversation on a different topic? Or does Amy sound lost in fond memories of Sheldon? This would help explain whether she kicks Dave out of her car because she realizes she only wants Sheldon or because Dave sounds like he just wants to kiss her because she kissed Sheldon.  Obviously, I hope it's because she has come to the realization that she only wants to be with Sheldon.  The other scenario worries me because that could mean we will need to wait longer for a Shamy reconciliation as Amy goes on more dates and maybe Sheldon might too. I seriously hope this is not going to be dragged out and we see someone Shamy conversation in the next episode or two. Fingers crossed :shy:

It could be that she got annoyed with Dave because he's another guy whose not making her a priority and is more interested in her ex than her.

• Like 8

And #3 means sex, luckily he "freaked her out" by him admitting he's a Sheldon fan.

• Like 4

I like your idea Kerry! :shy:

But as far as I remember, Penny is not a good cook (I remember that she and Leonard were having lunch/dinner and Leonard said something about the spaghettis, that they were too boiled away). Maybe Penny prepares a test thanksgiving dinner and asks Sheldon to taste it. Unfortunately one of the ingredients causes Sheldon great pains, so Penny calls the ambulance. When Amy finds out, she hurries to hospital. Sheldon is happy to see her, he thought he would die (we all know that he can get very hypochondriac), that he admits life is too short, which Amy agrees and they finally have a serious talk and reconcile at the end.

I so do not want to see any hospital bed epiphanies.

I would rather they simply get to the point where they decide they don't want to be apart anymore.

Maybe Amy might feel it first, since she's the one who broke it off, but then they both admit how lonely and miserable they've been and they sit down to talk it through.

• Like 3

And also, regarding consistent characterisation: yes, this is why I said consistent, not constant. I don't need the characters to never evolve, just for the shape of said evolution to be consistent with what we've seen. Sheldon's behaviour is consistent with a fragile, highly change-averse, somewhat spoiled individual, undergoing fairly significant trauma. Amy's behaviour is consistent with............... well, to me, it is consistent with writers wanting to explore what a heartbroken Sheldon looks like, and giving Amy precisely the reactions necessary to precipitate and/or deepen said heartbreak.

I'm seeing the exact opposite.  I don't understand Sheldon here at all.  I understood spiteful Sheldon, I didn't like it, but I understood it.  But this sulky, shut off "moving on" Sheldon  that we've seen over the past three weeks and will see again next week feels very contrived to me.  They had him hit Leonard for the mere suggestion that she be happy! He didn't even look relieved when she said she'd turned Barry down.  And yet we're meant to beleive that he genuinely loves her,  not that he's sulking because someone took his toy and wouldn't give it back when he threw a fit.  Because that's how I'm reading it.  If I weren't spoiled "The Spock Resonance" would feel completely out of left field.  I think it still might.

All Amy wanted was time.  She's angry and confused, because after all the effort she's put into the relationship, he couldn't give her even one thing she asked for.  And to make matters worse, he's cruel to her.  Then he treats her to weeks of apparent indifference.  He barely even looks at her on the landing.  If he  had, even he could see her pain.

And I'm sorry, but after this last taping report its even worse.  So, the Spock resonance is just washed away?  He's back to moving on?  Sure, he slammed the door on her, but not because she wasn't Amy, because she played the game wrong.  What if she hadn't?  They still might bring her back.  Ugh.  And then we have to watch Amy be humiliated by another man who thinks Sheldon is the best thing ever?   

Edited by Boonaroma
  • Like 5

man, Sheldon is quite the belle this season! First Leonard has a dream about Sheldon kissing penny. The Freudians might look at Leonard and say 'zo, Doktor Hofstadter, if vee beleef zat in a dream, you are everyvun, is zere somesing you would like to.confess about your feelings for your roommate?' (I know that Germans and Austrians don't actually talk like this. My apologies to all readers from these countries!)

so, anyway, Leonard has sexy dreams about Sheldon. Amy's date is thrilled to have kissed Sheldon by proxy. Sheldon even nets some hot young thing whom he shows the door because she is not Amy. Why, doctor cooper. Is that a gun jn everyone's pocket, or are they just happy to see you?

Amy, on the other hand? What the hell, writers. I snickered at Stephen merchant off the office's crush on Sheldon, but come.on now. Couldn't amy's reasons for giving the fellow his conge have to.do.with her not fancying him? Or him.not measuring up in some way to Sheldon (if you had to.make it about Sheldon)? In other words, a positive choice that Amy made? Otherwise this.ploy has been 'sheldon wants no one but Amy. Or at least only Amy has breached his defences so far. Amy's plot is overshadowed by Sheldon.' In other words, a reprise of the writing for the pair this season thus far. And it worries me, because it leaves open the possibility that Amy is settling for.sheldon because she thinks she can't get anyone else.

• Like 8

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic