[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Tensor

Thank you.

All this break up has demonstrated is that Amy might have known what she was doing when she broke up with him. He hasn't shown one ounce of caring about why she did what she did or how she feels.

It's like Sheldon is interviewing girl friends like he interviewed new roommates. I know that's how he is, but how is that an example that he's going to be a loving boyfriend? All he wants is staff from her pov. And that is what she probably thought all along.

I want to want them to get back together. This isn't doing it. I don't want Amy to have to go back to being his Leonard with limited off screen kissing.

While he hasn't shown himself to be a "caring" boyfriend, she pretty much put the kibosh on that when she kept telling him to leave her alone.  I don't think he knows what she wants from him since she hasn't really told him or even specifically said what it was that was frustrating her in the first place.  Even though Sheldon has grown over the years, it's still not in his nature to be able to understand the subtleties of human emotional signals.

He still isn't quite sure about what might set Amy off and his frankness and dispassionate analysis often comes across wrong when he doesn't intend it.  So she said she had to take some time to think, but he didn't get that either and thought that surely 11 hours was enough time.  He didn't get it.

Then since the breakup, she has essentially tole him to stop calling and skyping her.  If she's made it an actual breakup and he's supposed to leave her alone, what are his choices?

In this case she has the upper hand when he doesn't even know what the "hands" are.

And how should he demonstrate being a loving boyfriend when he has no girlfriend?  He's "interviewing" potential girlfriends because he knows now what it means to have a girlfriend, including meeting the standards that Amy must have met for him.  Of course it's dispassionate--how could it be otherwise?  He's not attracted to girls the way other people are.  How else can he know if a woman would meet whatever criteria he "needs"?  And I think he only knows what he needs because of Amy.  (And what he actually needs is Amy...)

Amy, on the other hand, has enough social skills to actually go out with someone.  Perhaps she's not quite sure what she's looking for and at this point only knows what she doesn't want--Stuart, Kripke, someone who worships Sheldon, and whoever else she might have had coffee with.

I think they're both trying to find their way and are perhaps finding out, maybe subconsciously, that no one measures up to what they had with each other, however imperfect it might have been.

As I said in chat, "Don't it always seem to go, that you don't know what you've got til it's gone..."

• Replies 25.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• April

• A Shamy gal

• jenafan

• Amy Fowler

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wish I shared your confidence.  I think they'll bring this girl back.  I think they're going to 'Pria' us.  I now think the writers agree with the folks who think Amy was wrong to break up with Sheldon and they're going to march her through a series of humiliations, as they did with Penny.  She'll learn her lesson, and then he'll take her back.  It's the only way I can make sense of this.

Wow if that really happens, that would be the end of Shamy for me. Like they would actually bring in another girl to remind Amy that she's not special and pretty enough? If she is, she would've gained Sheldon's love much more easiliy, like this new girl. So all her patience is a way of her making up for her shortcomings in other aspects. 

Why would she be back though? He sent her on a scavenger hunt all evening and when she finally arrives they exchange a few nice words but he then proceeds to slam the door in her face because she was 10 seconds late! They'd have to come up with some ridiculous mental gymnastics to justify her still being interested in him.

I agree...with Dave it was different, he didn't speak a word and the story line was wide open after the kiss. I was sure he had to come back (not to mention the fact he was a pretty famous actor and it was absurd he was there for a 10 seconds speechless scene). Thanks God, the story line seems over now, we had a conclusion, in a way. With this girl, I feel  the story line had its conclusion with the door shut in her face, so there is no reason why she should come back. Would some of you come back to a guy who treated you like that?

It was the writers who had Amy break up with him in the first place, so if they got it wrong, they should be trying to fix it by getting them together asap.  Anyway wasn't the whole purpose of this breakup story to break Sheldon so he would grow?

Have you noticed any growth? He's been regressing if anything.

Ok, I must admit, that it would be too dramatic for a sitcom, but there are thousands of other possibilities they can reconcile.

Someone here mentioned the possibility that the could get in touch via app, anonymously, so they don´t recognize each other first. I love the idea!

Imagine Amy walks through Pasadena looking for a present for her mother or another family member.

She just passes the café where she and Sheldon first met, when she receives a message.

She looks at her phone and sees that someone sent her a "thumbs up" and a message anonymously, saying: "Hello! May I invite you for a beverage?"

Amy looks around, but sees no one, so she writes: "Who are you and where are you?"

While she is waiting for the answer, she hears a familiar knock and someone calling her name.

She turns her head and sees Sheldon. He comes out. First no one says anything, then Sheldon suddenly says:

"Well, how about some tempered water?"

Amy nods and replies: "ok"

So, they go in and talk. And just to make it clear: Sheldon was there by coincidence, because he wanted to buy something near the café, when something tore him inside the café, let´s say a strange feeling or just his memories of Amy. So, he orders a tempered water and sits down. He takes a few sips, when he hears a "ping", from his dating app, the same dating app that Amy uses. He looks at his phone and sees that a Dr. Amy Farrah Fowler is near, so he looks around and sees Amy passing by and sends her a "thumbs up".

This would be really cute!

Again, way too convoluted and fanfic-y for my taste.  This reminds me of that old 70s/80s song about "if you like piña coladas, and getting caught in the rain..."

It's not like they don't know each other anymore and need some kind of far-fetched excuse to sit down and talk.  It could simply be an encounter in the hallway that leads to him inviting her in for tea and they start talking about what they've been going through.

I don't think it needs to be cute. Just real.

While he hasn't shown himself to be a "caring" boyfriend, she pretty much put the kibosh on that when she kept telling him to leave her alone.  I don't think he knows what she wants from him since she hasn't really told him or even specifically said what it was that was frustrating her in the first place.  Even though Sheldon has grown over the years, it's still not in his nature to be able to understand the subtleties of human emotional signals.

He still isn't quite sure about what might set Amy off and his frankness and dispassionate analysis often comes across wrong when he doesn't intend it.  So she said she had to take some time to think, but he didn't get that either and thought that surely 11 hours was enough time.  He didn't get it.

Then since the breakup, she has essentially tole him to stop calling and skyping her.  If she's made it an actual breakup and he's supposed to leave her alone, what are his choices?

In this case she has the upper hand when he doesn't even know what the "hands" are.

And how should he demonstrate being a loving boyfriend when he has no girlfriend?  He's "interviewing" potential girlfriends because he knows now what it means to have a girlfriend, including meeting the standards that Amy must have met for him.  Of course it's dispassionate--how could it be otherwise?  He's not attracted to girls the way other people are.  How else can he know if a woman would meet whatever criteria he "needs"?  And I think he only knows what he needs because of Amy.  (And what he actually needs is Amy...)

Amy, on the other hand, has enough social skills to actually go out with someone.  Perhaps she's not quite sure what she's looking for and at this point only knows what she doesn't want--Stuart, Kripke, someone who worships Sheldon, and whoever else she might have had coffee with.

I think they're both trying to find their way and are perhaps finding out, maybe subconsciously, that no one measures up to what they had with each other, however imperfect it might have been.

As I said in chat, "Don't it always seem to go, that you don't know what you've got til it's gone..."

It's not just about that. He hasn't shown us that he cares for her either. As far as she knows, she is just right and needs to be moving on with her business being right. Why should she try to win him back when everything that made her think he didn't care about her was 100% true?

I haven't seen once thing that makes me think he really cares for HER or her feelings. He just cares for himself and wants her back because she was good for him. He's sad that's what counts.

Edited by Chaliceinnana

Yes love this post :)

I do think he has shown growth in that he has handled (since leaving her alone) the separation with more maturity than I would have expected. He has followed his friends' instructions on how to mend a broken heart and move on, but obviously he would never have paid any attention to their instructions in the past.  

Has he shown maturity and growth about Amy specifically?   No, but how can he?  He is not astute on emotions or reading people.   Even the audience doesn't know what is going on with Amy, much less him.   He just knows that somehow he wasn't good enough but why he does not know.   He tried to find that out in the first two episodes but she refused to talk to him.   In all honesty, we don't know what is going on with Amy and so how he is supposed to know what action to take other than being told to leave her alone?  How can we measure growth other than he is abiding by her wishes and leaving her alone as she asked even though he would clearly rather be with her?   So yes, he is showing growth by listening to her and giving he the space she asked for and leaving her alone.  But it isn't that easy for him as he has expressed.  He clearly challenged Kripke to a duel, he has made it clear that it would be upsetting to him to see Amy marry someone else, he stated the only reason he was looking at dating other people was because he was told it was the way to move on and she is the one that broke it up with him so he has no other choice but to move on.   

Sheldon isn't going to suddenly confess his undying love for her and beg her back because he doesn't even know if she wants to hear it at this point.   So why should he?

Edited by stardustmelody

Why would she be back though? He sent her on a scavenger hunt all evening and when she finally arrives they exchange a few nice words but he then proceeds to slam the door in her face because she was 10 seconds late! They'd have to come up with some ridiculous mental gymnastics to justify her still being interested in him.

Well, if she's weird enough to find the scavenger hunt thing charming, she might be weird enough to persist.  Why not? Amy seeing them together would drag this out more. Watch an entire season  of Amy getting hair pats from the girls.  Will this more attractive girl get Sheldon's motor running?  We'll see in episode 200.  Tune in for season 15, maybe he'll finally take pity on the little lump of wool.  Why not?  It makes as much sense as Sheldon persistently looking to replace Amy.  Two episodes where Sheldon, is looking to date other girls.  TWO!  It makes no sense.  It serves no purpose to develop his character.  Is he crushed or not?  And it isn't even funny, because at this point I'm so sick of this plot arc that the humor is just lost in me.  Those clown jokes should have been funny, dammit!  This is getting depressing.

I do think he has shown growth in that he has handled (since leaving her alone) the separation with more maturity than I would have expected. He has followed his friends' instructions on how to mend a broken heart and move on, but obviously he would never have paid any attention to their instructions in the past.  
Has he shown maturity and growth about Amy specifically?   No, but how can he.   Even the audience doesn't know what is going on with Amy, much less him.   He just knows that somehow he wasn't good enough but why he does not know.   In all honesty, we don't know what is going on with Amy and so how he is supposed to know what action to take other than being told to leave her alone, is very difficult.   How can we measure growth other than he is abiding by her wishes and leaving her alone as she asked even though he would clearly rather be with her.

Hmmm and yet he's clinging to Lenny willingly comparing himself to a dog in a thunderstorm? They can't start their married life alone because he can't be alone.

And he won't ask Amy "what's wrong?" The one question that would unravel the whole thing.

Edited by Chaliceinnana

Hmmm and yet he's clinging to Lenny willingly comparing himself to a dog in a thunderstorm?

That's growth?

He signed the termination note for the roommate agreement, he didn't complain for the fact that Leonard was moving out, he just admitted to feel abandoned and sad (and that's growth "I'm a physicist, not a hippie" he used to say regarding showing his feelings) and he found his own way to cope with the facts. It was a weird way? Yes, but we can't expect Sheldon to change that much. When Penny offered to stay, he was happy and showed it, I found it natural, that's what he wanted...but he didn't forced anybody and was perfectly ready to let them go.

Hmmm and yet he's clinging to Lenny willingly comparing himself to a dog in a thunderstorm? They can't start their married life alone because he can't be alone.

And he won't ask Amy "what's wrong?" The one question that would unravel the whole thing.

He tried to ask her what was wrong in the first two episodes.   He tried to understand what was going on, but she refused to talk to him.   Amy holds all the cards in this...not him.  He is a fish out of water and expected to behave to a standard he does not understand.   He has no idea what her expectation is of him at this point and no one has bothered to try and tell him what that is, Amy included.   Amy doesn't even know what she wants so how can he possibly make her happy when she does not know what she wants?   

As far as the Lenny thing...living with him...he didn't force it.  He signed the termination agreement and was willing to let them go.  But he was sad and broken hearted and has no idea how to cope with such emotions.  He never had emotions like that before and he has never had a girlfriend before Amy.  So of course he is going to mope and feel bad when he realizes that he will be all alone.   But it was Penny's offer that he took up...he didn't ask them to stay, nor did he try to argue with them when they said they were moving out.  He willingly terminated the roommate agreement and tried to cope as best he could.

Bottom line, it is turmoil the writers created and it is ALL unnecessary.  This entire breakup storyline was never needed.  Growth could have come with them staying together...but all I see is them drifting further and further apart in this storyline.   I have no idea why the writers went this direction and to me it is going to take a long time to mend this one because trust has been broken, hearts have been broken, both have a lot of baggage now when they come back together to have to unload.   Still feels like a stall tactic to me and very contrived and yes I still believe that it is all unnecessary from the beginning.  

But given the way it is written, I do think Sheldon has no clue as to how he can help mend them and please her since Amy herself is very confused and has no idea what she wants.  She is trying to discover that I guess, but I have not seen any growth on her side either as far as getting to the point that she is clear in her mind what she wants.   I don't even know if the writers will ever explain why this all happened or we will ever see her POV.  I am doubtful.   But at this point, it is all we have...what they give us on screen.

Edited by stardustmelody

He signed the termination note for the roommate agreement, he didn't complain for the fact that Leonard was moving out, he just admitted to feel abandoned and sad (and that's growth "I'm a physicist, not a hippie" he used to say regarding showing his feelings) and he found his own way to cope with the facts. It was a weird way? Yes, but we can't expect Sheldon to change that much. When Penny offered to stay, he was happy and showed it, I found it natural, that's what he wanted...but he didn't forced anybody and was perfectly ready to let them go.

Yeah, that's a separate discussion about what's wrong with Penny.

And it was emotional blackmail and it worked.

Edited by Chaliceinnana

I'm seeing the exact opposite.  I don't understand Sheldon here at all.  I understood spiteful Sheldon, I didn't like it, but I understood it.  But this sulky, shut off "moving on" Sheldon  that we've seen over the past three weeks and will see again next week feels very contrived to me.  They had him hit Leonard for the mere suggestion that she be happy! He didn't even look relieved when she said she'd turned Barry down.  And yet we're meant to beleive that he genuinely loves her,  not that he's sulking because someone took his toy and wouldn't give it back when he threw a fit.  Because that's how I'm reading it.  If I weren't spoiled "The Spock Resonance" would feel completely out of left field.  I think it still might.

All Amy wanted was time.  She's angry and confused, because after all the effort she's put into the relationship, he couldn't give her even one thing she asked for.  And to make matters worse, he's cruel to her.  Then he treats her to weeks of apparent indifference.  He barely even looks at her on the landing.  If he  had, even he could see her pain.

And I'm sorry, but after this last taping report its even worse.  So, the Spock resonance is just washed away?  He's back to moving on?  Sure, he slammed the door on her, but not because she wasn't Amy, because she played the game wrong.  What if she hadn't?  They still might bring her back.  Ugh.  And then we have to watch Amy be humiliated by another man who thinks Sheldon is the best thing ever?   

Spiteful Sheldon has become heartbroken Sheldon.   It's no longer about getting back at Amy.  It's about surviving the rush of emotions he is feeling.   The Sheldon that existed before Amy has been replaced by a man who has a need for companionship and to be loved, something he never would have known if Amy hadn't brought it out in him.    I can't blame him for looking for a Band-Aid.

I think him hitting Leonard with the glove, was extremely telling of his feelings.   Sheldon knows there are people out there who can treat Amy better, he's admitted it.   Leonard acknowledging it hit a nerve because he's only saying what Sheldon wants to deny.   Sheldon wants to be the one to make her happy not watch someone else doing it while at the same time accepting the fact that she is obviously done with him.  

On the stairwell, Sheldon was buzzed.   It seemed to me when he said "OK" to Amy turning Kripke down, he was very short as if purposely holding back from running off at the mouth as usual.  Why is he going to show any relief?  If she isn't going to date Kripke, it will be someone else.   At least with Kripke, he knew what she was getting.  Perhaps he didn't look at her on the landing because his own pain and that he just can't bare to face her.

I think it is very obvious that he genuinely loves her, so much so that he is not going to stand in her way of moving on any longer.   For once, he's not being selfish and leaving her alone like she asked him to do, much to his detriment.

Of course, after seeing Amy kiss Dave, he's rebounding.   Science can't help him.  He's lonely, and he can't have Amy.   He's trying to settle for a replacement only to find that there is none because he doesn't want it.   So, he is going to sabotage any interest anyone may have in him.

I don't believe that Amy was humiliated.   She is the one who picked and chose to go out with Dave, an indication that Amy is attracted to tall Sheldon-like men.    If anything, what Dave did to her is really no different than what Sheldon has done over the years.   So even when attempting to get away from Sheldon, she inadvertently picks another Sheldon who wants to talk all about himself and his interests.  I hope that listening to Dave go on and on about Dr. Cooper stirs her and reminds her of the things she loves about the man.  

Dave's statement about being happy to have kissed someone who has kissed Sheldon means people see value in him.  Sheldon is not just some jerk walking this earth whose contributions go unnoticed by others, and he deserves credit for the good things he does not just criticism for the bad.  A kiss from Sheldon, even a chaste one is an honor, and only Amy has experienced such by his own initiative.

Now we could go on and on with the what-if scenarios, but it would only make our brains hurt: 

• What if the woman finished the test on time?   Would Sheldon be dating her now?
  • What if Dave didn't talk about Sheldon during the entire date?  Would Amy be having 3rd date sex?
  • How about this one?   What if Amy had accepted Sheldon's attempt to move past The Flash comment and allowed him to continue kissing her on their Anniversary?   If that happened, then likely this break up would never have occurred and we would be watching engaged Shamy planning their wedding and possibly more.

If I had my way, I would have preferred to be discussing Point 3 on this thread right now instead of dealing with all this angst.

Edited by jenafan

Has he shown maturity and growth about Amy specifically?   No, but how can he.   Even the audience doesn't know what is going on with Amy, much less him.   He just knows that somehow he wasn't good enough but why he does not know.   In all honesty, we don't know what is going on with Amy and so how he is supposed to know what action to take other than being told to leave her alone, is very difficult.   How can we measure growth other than he is abiding by her wishes and leaving her alone as she asked even though he would clearly rather be with her.

I think we will see the true extend of his growth with regards to Amy when they finally sit down and have a talk. They've kept them apart for a couple of episodes by now and a lot has happened in the meantime. It's time to see what lessons they've learned from this and bring this arc to a well deserved happy ending. <3

Spiteful Sheldon has become heartbroken Sheldon.   It's no longer about getting back at Amy.  It's about surviving the rush of emotions he is feeling.   The Sheldon that existed before Amy has been replaced by a man who has a need for companionship and to be loved, something he never would have known if Amy hadn't brought it out in him.    I can't blame him for looking for a Band-Aid.

I think him hitting Leonard with the glove, was extremely telling of his feelings.   Sheldon knows there are people out there who can treat Amy better, he's admitted it.   Leonard acknowledging it hit a nerve because he's only saying what Sheldon wants to deny.   Sheldon wants to be the one to make her happy not watch someone else doing it while at the same time accepting the fact that she is obviously done with him.  

On the stairwell, Sheldon was buzzed.   It seemed to me when he said "OK" to Amy turning Kripke down, he was very short as if purposely holding back from running off at the mouth as usual.  Why is he going to show any relief?  If she isn't going to date Kripke, it will be someone else.   At least with Kripke, he knew what she was getting.  Perhaps he didn't look at her on the landing because his own pain and that he just can't bare to face her.

I think it is very obvious that he genuinely loves her, so much so that he is not going to stand in her way of moving on any longer.   For once, he's not being selfish and leaving her alone like she asked him to do, much to his detriment.

Of course, after seeing Amy kiss Dave, he's rebounding.   Science can't help him.  He's lonely, and he can't have Amy.   He's trying to settle for a replacement only to find that there is none because he doesn't want it.   So, he is going to sabotage any interest anyone may have in him.

I don't believe that Amy was humiliated.   She is the one who picked and chose to go out with Dave, an indication that Amy is attracted to tall Sheldon-like men.    If anything, what Dave did to her is really no different than what Sheldon has done over the years.   So even when attempting to get away from Sheldon, she inadvertently picks another Sheldon who wants to talk all about himself and his interests.  I hope that listening to Dave go on and on about Dr. Cooper stirs her and reminds her of the things she loves about the man.  

Dave's statement about being happy to have kissed someone who has kissed Sheldon means people see value in him.  Sheldon is not just some jerk walking this earth whose contributions go unnoticed by others, and he deserves credit for the good things he does not just criticism for the bad.  A kiss from Sheldon, even a chaste one is an honor, and only Amy has experienced such by his own initiative.

Now we could go on and on with the what-if scenarios, but it would only make our brains hurt: 

• What if the woman finished the test on time?   Would Sheldon be dating her now?
  • What if Dave didn't talk about Sheldon during the entire date?  Would Amy be having 3rd date sex?
  • How about this one?   What if Amy had accepted Sheldon's attempt to move past The Flash comment and allowed him to continue kissing her on their Anniversary?   If that happened, then likely this break up would never have occurred and we would be watching engaged Shamy planning their wedding and possibly more.

If I had my way, I would have preferred to be discussing Point 3 on this thread right now instead of dealing with all this angst.

Pretty much. This is bad storytelling.

The break up happening when it did, made no sense because things were okay then. If it had happened after the Mars thing. Fine. Episode 8.1? awesome. But after cute sleepover... It doesn't make as much sense.

I don't think Amy is humiliated as much as she felt she was sad that he had already decided to add more staff. If she felt that was all she was to him, now she had proof. So she was emotionally free to date others as her position was being filled.

Again, way too convoluted and fanfic-y for my taste.  This reminds me of that old 70s/80s song about "if you like piña coladas, and getting caught in the rain..."

It's not like they don't know each other anymore and need some kind of far-fetched excuse to sit down and talk.  It could simply be an encounter in the hallway that leads to him inviting her in for tea and they start talking about what they've been going through.

I don't think it needs to be cute. Just real.

Well, as you said, it´s a question of taste. I somehow, want to have a reconciliation which makes the whole hell we have been through worth.

They could have had this conversation in the stairwell, but the writers decided to leave this oportunity to talk and to let them go on dates and who knows how long this will continue, before they realize that they miss each other and are willing to talk to solve their problems.

Isn't it supposed to be you have to hit bottom before things get better. I think he's really close to the bottom with the only way to go is up Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

Yes April, I too think there was a lot of forshadowing in that Bernadette line.  I saw it taped and thought that scene was a filler, but after watching it back and with the current info, it seems like it was explaining what is going to happen to Shamy during this break.  They never tested any other options.

I am frustrated as hell just like most of you BUT...I do still see the rainbow in all of this mess...and I seriously don't know how much more this can go before reconciliation.  And I don't see it as them being like "every other couple, doing every cliché and all"....I consider it as these two grown adults never experienced anything other than what they know and are testing the waters....I understand its not the Shamy we originally fell in love with, but hell Shamy season 8 was not the Shamy season 4 we loved either.  They grew from each step, and this in turn should hopefully provide continued growth into a full blown intimate fully committed in all forms relationship with equal grounding. 

every step in this building blocks plot (which it really has been so I have to give that to the writers for really sticking with a plot and developing it as much as it might suck at times) has been a cause of them reacting from the others words or actions.  Amy only dates because she thinks Sheldon is moving on, Sheldon only dates because he sees Amy lip locking with Dave....so neither have been honest with each other YET....

And one thing that has been proven to me is that Molaro was right...they both have a leg to stand on in this break.  Its not a team-Sheldon vs. team-Amy situation.  They both have made mistakes/misteps/errors in judgement through their relationship AND this break. 

But dude...its conversation time!!  I cannot help but think some form of Shamy face-to-face convo is in E9 especially since we'll have 3 solid episodes of no face-to-face contact for the two most beloved characters (ok...some may argue, JMO on that).  And their last face-to-face is so emotional & sad that it makes me think the next one will be more positive.  What kind of positive info I cannot guess...but I'm cautiously hopefuly

Kerry what I mean by every other couple on tv is that I didn't see them as an on again off again couple, that's never how they were portrayed and now with the break up and having dates with other people they pretty much are

I liked them because they were different from other tv couples

Edited by rachelshamyfan

I really do not understand. Anything. I think that Sheldon kicked this lady out due to several seconds-late only because he just needed any excuse. I do not think he really wants to move on. .. 
Amy, Amy, Amy, Amy. What is wrong with you? If you want Sheldon and any reminder of him is annoying you, maybe the problem is that you're still not over him. Decide your problem, girl! suffering? When I suffer, for example, because of a lack of tea, I'm not trying to drown my distess in wine! I go and buy my tea! Even if I have to visit five shops to find it.
I need proof, at least tiny, that they still love each other. I do not see it now. They behave as strange as real people do! But this is not right! This is sitcom, and everything should be clear and happy in citcom! LOL

Or simply the authors do not bother with such a concept, as a logic! What for? Fans are going to eat up everything...  We are just piling on a heap of diffrent facts and hints, we will forget half of our lines and eventually somehow we will get out of this hole. Ugh. excuse me. All of this is terribly irritating.
But despite the above, My hope is still alive.

Edited by AlFisher

He tried to ask her what was wrong in the first two episodes.   He tried to understand what was going on, but she refused to talk to him.   Amy holds all the cards in this...not him.  He is a fish out of water and expected to behave to a standard he does not understand.   He has no idea what her expectation is of him at this point and no one has bothered to try and tell him what that is, Amy included.   Amy doesn't even know what she wants so how can he possibly make her happy when she does not know what she wants?   

As far as the Lenny thing...living with him...he didn't force it.  He signed the termination agreement and was willing to let them go.  But he was sad and broken hearted and has no idea how to cope with such emotions.  He never had emotions like that before and he has never had a girlfriend before Amy.  So of course he is going to mope and feel bad when he realizes that he will be all alone.   But it was Penny's offer that he took up...he didn't ask them to stay, nor did he try to argue with them when they said they were moving out.  He willingly terminated the roommate agreement and tried to cope as best he could.

Bottom line, it is turmoil the writers created and it is ALL unnecessary.  This entire breakup storyline was never needed.  Growth could have come with them staying together...but all I see is them drifting further and further apart in this storyline.   I have no idea why the writers went this direction and to me it is going to take a long time to mend this one because trust has been broken, hearts have been broken, both have a lot of baggage now when they come back together to have to unload.   Still feels like a stall tactic to me and very contrived and yes I still believe that it is all unnecessary from the beginning.  

But given the way it is written, I do think Sheldon has no clue as to how he can help mend them and please her since Amy herself is very confused and has no idea what she wants.  She is trying to discover that I guess, but I have not seen any growth on her side either as far as getting to the point that she is clear in her mind what she wants.   I don't even know if the writers will ever explain why this all happened or we will ever see her POV.  I am doubtful.   But at this point, it is all we have...what they give us on screen.

Melody, do you and Nickelette feel the same way I do?

Sometimes I just want to copy prior posts and paste them again and again here because it seems we are having to explain our positions over and over gain, rehashing the same words, just in a different order.

Maybe it is because new ones are joining the forum and haven't seen what has already been addressed.