[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Tensor

That's because Amy's desire to be valued and desired in a more conventional way is viewed by disappointed shippers as a betrayal of the ship for which she must be punished.

I actually think what Sheldon did is worse, but I view him as the main problem in the reconciliation, not Amy.

I think 1 and 2 can both happen. The third option is highly unlikely.

My reasons for not complaining over Sheldon's date, even if I said that both of them dating would have been a deal breaker: I simply got used to the idea of them dating other people. If Sheldon's scavenger hunt date was the first to happen, all the complaints would have been for him. But, since this is the direction the writers have chosen,  in a heavier way than I thought (4 episodes  out of 8 about dating, at some level) I have three options: watching and seeing what happens, watching and complaining all the time, not watching anymore. I've chosen the first one. I guess the writers have make me raise my ability to bear disappointments...good job, guys! 

Edited by mirs1

• Replies 25.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• April

• A Shamy gal

• jenafan

• Amy Fowler

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think I'm now in camp " I don't care how they fix this - just fix it now !!!!" .

I seem to be totally wrong this season trying to guess what will happen next - haha , so I now just have to go along for the ride !!!!

I really feel due to Mayim what she said in her recent interview ( you know I can't quote !!) but the gist of it was was, Sheldon and Amy realising what's at stake and how everything will un ravel , also the fact Shamy's break is so prominent in the episodes , we will get resolution very soon :) 

But again - just fix it now please !!!!

Edited by Soopysue

I actually, based on the wee bit of information we do have thus far, agree with your comments here.  I don't think that this served at all to prove that they are only meant for each other in the slightest.   To me it seems Amy was bored out of her mind having to talk about the man she broke up with and while she still respects Sheldon and all, and she still may have many unresolved feelings for him, it had to be annoying as heck to be ignored yet again.   And as I brought up last night, it annoys me that Sheldon gets a knock-out intelligent woman as his date but they give her a nerdy, far from a knock-out looking man.   But more important that he totally ignored her and seemed more interested in Sheldon (man-crushing on him).    

Just as the writers refuse to show us Amy's POV and help us understand what she is so confused about or what she is trying to settle in her mind and heart, which annoying enough, they have to go an write this insulting story.   It is insulting to me that she is yet again treated as inconsequential and it is all about Sheldon.

I also agree on your outcome assessments.  Everyone keeps saying their reunion will be epic, but I don't think it will be epic in a positive way at all.  It is going to be an epic fail as far as this whole entire storyline.   I don't think we will ever know why this whole story happened and what Amy wanted out of it.  We won't see that much of a change in Sheldon (if any, because thus far he may have shown growth in giving her what she asked and not pushing her, but beyond that, he still has not grown to appreciate her that much IMO).   I agree that if they had added a line last night that basically said to the woman (or even the guys after), "she wasn't Amy"...then it would show that he realizes Amy is it for him.   But there was none of that.   I think the outcome of all of this is going to be terribly dissatisfying and it also will have been a complete waste of a number of episodes where some really good movement could have occurred.   

But thank you for understanding in this case how annoying the date storyline felt to me.  I am certain, and positive it will be humorous and create lots of laughs...but it sickens me again, qualifying that the information is brief on this episode and it has not been aired so just on initial impressions, that:

1) Lenny know about Sheldon wanting to propose and yet instead of trying to encourage Amy to talk to Sheldon (maybe without even revealing the information about the ring and desire to propose), they instead spy on her date and video tape it.  Why?  What was their intent?  It just seems creepy and childish to me.

2) Amy was again ignored and treated as if she was just a source of information for Dave to learn more about his man-crush.   She was totally forgotten in the story.

3) Amy can only seem to attract less than "broken", weird and average in attractiveness men, while Sheldon can seemingly attract intelligent hot women.   

4) Amy still has no idea that her friends are spying on her and not giving her valuable information that could change the entire dynamic here.

5) Is it really Sheldon that is being broken here or Amy?  It almost seems like they are breaking her more than him.  I mean I know he was broken, but now it seems he is moving on and fixing himself back up.   He is accepting her decision to break up with him and trying to find a way to fill the void he feels, but he isn't just giving up and regressing any longer.   Instead he is acting more mature.  He may not know how to win Amy back and right now he has been given no encourage from her that she wants to be won back, so he is doing what he can to move forward.   So, he seems to not remain broken.   I don't know...I just get the feeling that the writers are looking for "how can we get more laughs out of this breakup" than looking at "how can this breakup enrich these characters and grow them."   

6) I agree with Kerry that the dynamic between Shamy will be different.  I am not sure though it will be a balanced or improved dynamic.   Thus far it seems that it is still very unbalanced and still very broken.   

At this point, I just feel all the magic that were Shamy has been killed and totally destroyed.   It is making it more and more difficult with each episode they tape for me to know what I want anymore.  Do I want them back together or to just end this story and the show entirely because I am finding it harder and harder to be lured to watch. 

Don't forget that Amy went on coffee dates with other men as well, but it's only Dave (so far) that she's gone on other dates with.  So she must have liked something about him to go on more dates with him.  It's only when he starts asking about her ex instead of being interested in her that she dumps him.  And who can blame her.  She's had five years of being with a man who does that to her and is not going to take that any more.  As for Dave not being a knock out good looking man, well some think Stephen Merchant is good-looking (I'm not one of them) and secondly Amy doesn't go for looks first and foremost.  Don't forget she was attracted to Zak because of his looks, but as soon as he opened his mouth she lost all interest.  We also don't know what the other guys she went out on coffee dates with look like.  They could be knock out good looking men for all we know, but she just doesn't go for that. 

Of course Sheldon is going to get the hot girl.... although I wouldn't call the grandma he tried to ask out in the bar as hot.  The point is though Sheldon also does not go for looks either.  This Vanessa may have solved the challenge and he was intrigued enough to open the door to her, but he got rid of her pretty quick with a flimsy excuse.  Whereas with Amy he was intrigued enough to have  a beverage with her.  He liked Amy instantly, but he didn't like Vanessa for whatever reason.

And a thought has occurred to me.  Has anyone considered the possibility that the reason they had Dave be like that with Amy, is so that Sheldon will learn the error of his ways?  He hears about it, thinks how dare someone treat my little lady like that, she's the most interesting person I know.  Then the realisation hits him that he had been doing that as well and that's where he went wrong. 

I haven't commented here in this taping because when I read it last night I, too paraphrase Sheldon,  "threw my hands in the air exhausted by the writers constant tomfoolery."

We can spin in however we like,  I am never going to get behind the idea of these two dating others.   I hate it.   I have nothing more to say.   I think this all sucks. 

(I'm sure I'll have more to say soon, unfortunate for all of you, lol)

I haven't commented here in this taping because when I read it last night I, too paraphrase Sheldon,  "threw my hands in the air exhausted by the writers constant tomfoolery."

We can spin in however we like,  I am never going to get behind the idea of these two dating others.   I hate it.   I have nothing more to say.   I think this all sucks. 

(I'm sure I'll have more to say soon, unfortunate for all of you, lol)

No, please bring on your rambling, makes me feel less alone :icon_wink:

Actually kerry it was new, due to the specificity.   There was some discussion that the reason Amy ended the date was because Dave talking about Sheldon was reminding her why she loved him. 

Actually, from what I understood, some of us (me being one of them) were throwing out our opinions/hopes that maybe that failed date with Dave was symbolic....no one ever posted it as if it came straight from the taping report.

Honestly, sometimes people read others opinions and take them the wrong way....as if it's really true or came from the report. LOL

Edited by MJistheBOMB

I literally cackled at the irony of Sheldon getting a stunning and intelligent date without even trying and Amy getting some lackluster guy even though she deserves better. The writers just can't cut Amy a break. Of course Sheldon gets the hot girl, he's the golden boy. (I love Sheldon so much but c'mon, Analeigh Tipton on the first try, c'mon writers you can't have your heads THAT far up your butts??) 

I just can't stomach the idea of Sheldon and Amy looking for other people. Now they are just like any other boring, contrived sitcom couple. That's not why I love(d) Shamy. They were once unique (cue nostalgia over season 5) and their exclusivity/perfection for each other was part of that. 

Edited by Kathleen

And a thought has occurred to me.  Has anyone considered the possibility that the reason they had Dave be like that with Amy, is so that Sheldon will learn the error of his ways?  He hears about it, thinks how dare someone treat my little lady like that, she's the most interesting person I know.  Then the realisation hits him that he had been doing that as well and that's where he went wrong. 

I don't think sheldon will ever see that tape.

But, let's say he does.

I think he's more likely to to watch with mounting concern and horror while thinking "dear lord,  he's talking about the most interesting subject on the planet (me). Someone stop him before they jump into a broom closet and have coitus together! ". The fact that she broke off going any further with Dave because of it will be just as confusing as the fact that asking about The Flash led to their own break up, and won't lead him any closer to the light. 

Today I almost liked Sarah7's post.

The beginning is very interesting, although I don't really agree with the "Sheldon gets hot girls while Amy gets nerds ". The actor playing Dave is not in my taste but he's not ugly or bad-looking.

But just to say that I find it totally logical that Sheldon tries to date another girl. He saw Amy kissing another man. He thinks everything is lost and he's trying to move on. Nothing much to blame in my opinion.

Now I know you're going to reply " yeah but she wouldn't have started dating if he hadn't told her he was trying to move on in the stairs. " Fair enough. But once again he's sad and he's just trying to ease his pain. And to be totally honest even if in the end Amy turned down Kripke, it's not really as if she exclaimed " oh, no way! " when she received Kripke's message. She really thought about it for a long moment before saying no.

And why Lenny need that information? Why are they in the car, and send Bernie to tape the date? Spying and taping your friend´s date??? Are they in Junior High???

Bernie knows Sheldon loves Amy( 8 x 11) and all of them know Amy loves Sheldon!!  Frankly, I don´t understand the "friends " behavior in season 9!

LOL! You made me laugh out loud....that's right! Makes no damn sense.

Don't forget that Amy went on coffee dates with other men as well, but it's only Dave (so far) that she's gone on other dates with.  So she must have liked something about him to go on more dates with him.  It's only when he starts asking about her ex instead of being interested in her that she dumps him.  And who can blame her.  She's had five years of being with a man who does that to her and is not going to take that any more.  As for Dave not being a knock out good looking man, well some think Stephen Merchant is good-looking (I'm not one of them) and secondly Amy doesn't go for looks first and foremost.  Don't forget she was attracted to Zak because of his looks, but as soon as he opened his mouth she lost all interest.  We also don't know what the other guys she went out on coffee dates with look like.  They could be knock out good looking men for all we know, but she just doesn't go for that. 

Of course Sheldon is going to get the hot girl.... although I wouldn't call the grandma he tried to ask out in the bar as hot.  The point is though Sheldon also does not go for looks either.  This Vanessa may have solved the challenge and he was intrigued enough to open the door to her, but he got rid of her pretty quick with a flimsy excuse.  Whereas with Amy he was intrigued enough to have  a beverage with her.  He liked Amy instantly, but he didn't like Vanessa for whatever reason.

Trust me, I have not forgotten these things, but it still does not change the way the outcome of the dates.  In both cases it is still not glaringly obvious that it was because both were thinking of the other (Amy thinking of Sheldon and he of her) when they ended their dates.   It is again one of the typical ways the writers leave everything ambiguous on purpose and that is what is frustrating.   So, let's say the next episode they try to put them on the direction of reconciliation the viewer will not know if it is because they are "settling" since their dates didn't work out, or if it is because that is what they really want and they realized that no one will replace them.   I just don't care for the way it is written and feel it left too much room to make it seem like Amy was ignored by Dave and Sheldon had an interesting woman to chat with  but both ended their dates without really making it clear in both cases was because they missed and wanted to be with each other.   If they had added a line from Sheldon saying "she wasn't Amy" that would be clear and it would also help the audience see that Sheldon just doesn't want anyone, but he wants Amy.   Likewise with Amy, when she ended the date with Dave who was obsessed with Sheldon, from the person attending the taping it sounds like it was because she was weary of being ignored and annoyed that the guy was not really trying to get to know her and talk to her.   So that does not make it sound like it was because she realized through the conversation with him that she would rather be with Sheldon as much as if she went back to Sheldon now...would she just figure all men will be ignoring her anyway so she may as well be with him?  I think it is unfair to constantly keep it always left up to the imagination of the viewer to fill in the blanks that they don't provide when it is critical information in this case on whether or not they are getting back together for the right reasons.   

The thing is, if she had had someone intelligent and swoon-worthy that was giving her all the "romance" she had been harping on wanting, would she really enjoy that or not?   It was never tested in these scenarios.   So let's say she did have someone that truly wooed her and presented all the romantic gestures, was well educated and professionally respected and successful, and showed interest in her and didn't drone on about himself....would she find that person interesting or would she still find him a bore because he just wasn't Sheldon?   That should have been the scenario presented and a clear understanding of why she broke up with the guy.   But we didn't get that.  We basically got a Sheldon-clone, but of less interest it seems than Sheldon.   I guess I just feel they again let us down in how it could have been written and accomplished what we believe is part of the issue she has had with Sheldon with a new suitor that met all the things she felt she wanted, but yet her heart could not get into the new guy because she just wants Sheldon, quirks and all, even with his arrogance and selfishness.   Sheldon on the other hand, got nothing new from his date in the sense that he didn't learn that she might also ask for the things Amy has been asking...or that she found him boring and dull, or whatever to where he realized what a treasure he has in Amy so that he can appreciate her more, and treat her more as a treasure.   

I just feel that if they were going to explore them dating other people, the outcome should be leading toward the direction they want to go and these dates fell short.

That I can't answer.  I was just answering the question as to why Bernadette was taping the date.  It is mentioned that BOTH Penny and Bernadette decided to go.  Lenny had nothing to do with it, Bernadette and Penny did.  

As to whether they are in Junior High, I'm not saying their behavior is proper.  But, how was Amy's behavior any less juvenile in The Junior Professor Solution when she was trying to play Penny off of Bernadette, while talking trash about them behind their backs?  They all act that way at times. 

Yes they do all act nutty at times. In my opinion though, it shouldn't be done when people are hurting. Even Sheldon knew  to be supportive when Howard found out about his mother's death when Penny just knew he'd say, "Let it go..." LOL.

16d07-aghfrustration.gif

When I think about the current situation

Me when I think about how many times we've circled back to the Team Amy Vs. Team Sheldon debates. LOL!

Edited by MJistheBOMB

Trust me, I have not forgotten these things, but it still does not change the way the outcome of the dates.  In both cases it is still not glaringly obvious that it was because both were thinking of the other (Amy thinking of Sheldon and he of her) when they ended their dates.   It is again one of the typical ways the writers leave everything ambiguous on purpose and that is what is frustrating.   So, let's say the next episode they try to put them on the direction of reconciliation the viewer will not know if it is because they are "settling" since their dates didn't work out, or if it is because that is what they really want and they realized that no one will replace them.   I just don't care for the way it is written and feel it left too much room to make it seem like Amy was ignored by Dave and Sheldon had an interesting woman to chat with  but both ended their dates without really making it clear in both cases was because they missed and wanted to be with each other.   If they had added a line from Sheldon saying "she wasn't Amy" that would be clear and it would also help the audience see that Sheldon just doesn't want anyone, but he wants Amy.   Likewise with Amy, when she ended the date with Dave who was obsessed with Sheldon, from the person attending the taping it sounds like it was because she was weary of being ignored and annoyed that the guy was not really trying to get to know her and talk to her.   So that does not make it sound like it was because she realized through the conversation with him that she would rather be with Sheldon as much as if she went back to Sheldon now...would she just figure all men will be ignoring her anyway so she may as well be with him?  I think it is unfair to constantly keep it always left up to the imagination of the viewer to fill in the blanks that they don't provide when it is critical information in this case on whether or not they are getting back together for the right reasons.   

The thing is, if she had had someone intelligent and swoon-worthy that was giving her all the "romance" she had been harping on wanting, would she really enjoy that or not?   It was never tested in these scenarios.   So let's say she did have someone that truly wooed her and presented all the romantic gestures, was well educated and professionally respected and successful, and showed interest in her and didn't drone on about himself....would she find that person interesting or would she still find him a bore because he just wasn't Sheldon?   That should have been the scenario presented and a clear understanding of why she broke up with the guy.   But we didn't get that.  We basically got a Sheldon-clone, but of less interest it seems than Sheldon.   I guess I just feel they again let us down in how it could have been written and accomplished what we believe is part of the issue she has had with Sheldon with a new suitor that met all the things she felt she wanted, but yet her heart could not get into the new guy because she just wants Sheldon, quirks and all, even with his arrogance and selfishness.   Sheldon on the other hand, got nothing new from his date in the sense that he didn't learn that she might also ask for the things Amy has been asking...or that she found him boring and dull, or whatever to where he realized what a treasure he has in Amy so that he can appreciate her more, and treat her more as a treasure.   

I just feel that if they were going to explore them dating other people, the outcome should be leading toward the direction they want to go and these dates fell short.

I get your point, I hate the whole thing myself. But, after what Tensor told us, I'm convinced the two dates were set up in order to be just a "comic" failure, without any attempt to explore what would have happened if one of them (or both) found the other mate "interesting" or without the intent of making the audience understand they are made for each other.  Did Sheldon rejected the girl because she was 10 seconds late? At this point, I think so (and it is the most IC thing he has done in the whole episode). For the laugh! Did Amy rejected the guy because she was bored by his conversation on Sheldon? As far as we know, it seems so. We have to watch the episode to judge it, but at the moment, I think the writers were "holding" their cards in this episode, after the more dramatic Spoke episode they went for a funnier one, in which two inexperienced persons became more experienced in disaster dates. I'm just relieved that Dave is gone, since Amy seemed to really like him (she went with him on three dates, she wore a nice dress, she was all for this date, from what I get) and that all the attempts Sheldon makes to find a new girl struggle with his personality and quirks. I'm curious of what outfit Sheldon chose for his date, btw. 

Edited by mirs1

I feel like people are making the dates out to be very melodramatic when they will surely be played for laughs.

While Sheldon and Amy are perhaps confused about what they want or what they should be doing, at this point they're just trying to do what others are advising them to do.

For whatever reason, probably due to the "pool" from which Amy is drawing for prospective dates, she ends up with this quirky guy.  Knowing Stephan Merchant, the date will be funny and played for laughs.  I think Amy will be annoyed, but I don't know that we'll see her being hurt or heartbroken.

While Sheldon's date may be pretty (most actresses in Hollywood are going to be pretty), she holds no physical attraction for Sheldon, which is as it should be.  I have a feeling that his initial polite or pleasant conversation with her is only there to create the funny juxtaposition of him then closing the door in her face.  Reminds me of when Penny made French toast on oatmeal day. The French toast sure smelled good, but it still went in the trash because it wasn't French toast day.

I don't know if Sheldon has this arbitrary rule about when the candidate completes the "puzzle" because he's looking for someone at least as smart as Amy, or if he's hoping no one would be able to complete it, or what, but the fact remains that he's not really eager to find someone to date or else he might have forgiven those 10 seconds.

I don't think we have any info about exactly what he says to Raj/Howard about helping him find someone to date, so I can't judge how he really feels about the prospect of dating, but if he saw Amy kiss that guy, he might be more motivated than he was at the bar.

It's kind of like they're on this seesaw--who considered dating first and who set the seesaw in motion first?  Whatever the case, I feel they're both going to be riding it for now.  Don't know what the next episode will hold, but I think this one will be fun.

I agree with the red 100%. It's probably exactly the reason some of us have come up with the idea that just maybe these failed dates will actually have meaning towards their reconciliation. We need SOMETHING of value here. If they're gonna break up our Shamy they can't half ass it....which I know a lot of people feel is already being done. I can't say I blame them....

....but as always, I'm here until the end....

Edited by MJistheBOMB

I don´t know what is wrong with my acc, but I can´t give any likes at the moment, I could give 2 or 3 and then it said, that I already spent my 100 likes for today. But I´m 100 % that I haven´t.  :girlwerewolf:

I just wanted to say that there are a lot of great arguments here, and I would like to comment all of them, but it would take too much time and I would repeat myself or other comments, with the same content.

There´s only one thing I would like to add: Some of you, mentioned that Penny and Bernadette are acting juvenile, because they spy on Amy. I would say, they are doing it, because they are just curious, because they want to know who this Dave is and as it seems Amy is not giving much information about him, they spy on her, to find out who he is, what he looks like, etc. Plus, during the last years, I´ve noticed that the girls became more interested in her partners lifes (they talked about comic books, Penny learned that there´s a difference between Star Wars and Star Trek (well actually not really, but she knows that these are two different things, LOL), Penny can even recitate scenes from Star Wars (at this moment we both freaked out), Bernadette and Amy baked a Death Star cake, Amy replaced her bedroom door, for the Tardis door and was willing to play Dr. Who with Sheldon, hopefully to get him into her bedroom and into her bed, etc.). And somehow they became more juvenile, because they just adapted to their partners.

Edited by Desdemona

And if Amy were a little bit more self-confident, she would have torn the ends of Sheldon´s scarf towards her, would have pulled him down and would have kissed him.

This kissing always brakes Sheldon´s walls down (it´s always interesting how he opens himself, showing how much he wants her, I mean he always pulls her as close as possible to him) , we all know how much he likes to kiss her and I´m sure the next time they kiss, there will be no way back and they will forget everything around them and yield to temptation.

Edited by Desdemona

I think there is a gap between what we want and what the characters are experiencing.

We all would like - me included - to have a sign, a piece of evidence that they are missing each other.

But that's not the story the writers are telling us. Amy is sincerely trying to move on - and goes to 3 dates with the same guy - because she thinks Sheldon is doing the same since the " stairs conversation " so no reconciliation possible.

Sheldon is sincerely trying to move on - and yes his attempt at the bar was fake, but from what I understand of the TR, if Vanessa had made it 10 seconds earlier, he would have gone out with her - because he thinks or rather he saw Amy moving on with somebody else.

So even if we don't like that dating thing, that's kind of logical. It's going to take a lot more time before they start realizing that they don't want anybody else. That also means that at least one of them has to experience a successful date. Rejecting someone because he's an idiot obsessed with your ex or 10 seconds too late when your expectations are higher than high is easy. But what about having somebody kind of flawless?

I think there is a gap between what we want and what the characters are experiencing.

We all would like - me included - to have a sign, a piece of evidence that they are missing each other.

But that's not the story the writers are telling us. Amy is sincerely trying to move on - and goes to 3 dates with the same guy - because she thinks Sheldon is doing the same since the " stairs conversation " so no reconciliation possible.

Sheldon is sincerely trying to move on - and yes his attempt at the bar was fake, but from what I understand of the TR, if Vanessa had made it 10 seconds earlier, he would have gone out with her - because he thinks or rather he saw Amy moving on with somebody else.

So even if we don't like that dating thing, that's kind of logical. It's going to take a lot more time before they start realizing that they don't want anybody else. That also means that at least one of them has to experience a successful date. Rejecting someone because he's an idiot obsessed with your ex or 10 seconds too late when your expectations are higher than high is easy. But what about having somebody kind of flawless?

If both carry on thinking that the other wants to move on, than it will take a long time. If on the other hand one or both of them realise their mistaken, than the beginnings of a reconciliation could be quite quick. One way would be to get Penny involved with telling one or both separately that they are wrong in their thinking. The other way would be for them to have a big fight about them dating other people, where they both admit that they're only doing it because the other is...... and I still want them locked in the closet for that ???? Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I don't like and I don't agree with Penny interfering. YUCK

OK with the big fight, but I'm not very confident: why should they blame the other for what they are doing themselves? It doesn't make sense.

On the other hand, I'm confused: everything is leading us to think that the break up is going to be stretched out, but it's 8 more or less Shamy-centered episodes in a row, and that makes a lot if the end of that story is not really close at hand.

As for the closet thing, it's not a fanfic, sorry, I'm not buying it one second. And I wouldn't like it anyway.

I like the points you bring out here.

Some people don't consider Sheldon good looking.   They think he's a weirdo like Pee-Wee Herman.   I beg to differ, but to each their own.  When he is in his element, date clothes, dressed up in a suit, I think he can be extremely sexy.

Amy is as beautiful and attractive as Vanessa.   She just hides it under the way she chooses to wear her hair, clothes, etc.    What does physical attraction have to do with any of this?   Sheldon has never been one concerned about looks unless it's a Red Head.

Perhaps what Amy considers attractive is not what others do, so who are we to judge?  Perhaps these nerd-like guys are the type she likes.  She picked Dave.  It wasn't until he started opening his mouth to talk that apparently he lost his appeal for her. 

Sheldon's date was picked by Raj and Howard.   If they had access to photos, etc, of course they are going to pick the hot girl.

I don't understand the debate over Amy or Sheldon getting better looking dates than the other and how the writers are doing a disservice to the characters by their choices.  

I think we are all just so distraught over this break up and them dating, that we may be stretching explanations from thin air to continue the negativity and/or formulate a plausible reconciliation that we hope is around the corner. 

Yesterday I was feeling so good about Shamy.   With the new TR info, I am distraught again.    This roller coaster ride is killing me.

I really wonder if the writers plans are for us now to learn to dislike Shamy as much as we grew to love them so that we are no longer routing for them to get back together because they are so freaking unrecognizable right now.     So, I just proved my own point above, because here I go speculating again.

When answers aren't provided, what can we expect but to try to form our own.

I don't like and I don't agree with Penny interfering. YUCK

OK with the big fight, but I'm not very confident: why should they blame the other for what they are doing themselves? It doesn't make sense.

On the other hand, I'm confused: everything is leading us to think that the break up is going to be stretched out, but it's 8 more or less Shamy-centered episodes in a row, and that makes a lot if the end of that story is not really close at hand.

As for the closet thing, it's not a fanfic, sorry, I'm not buying it one second. And I wouldn't like it anyway.

They wouldn't really be blaming each other for their own actions, more admitting that their actions when it comes to dating others is because they both got the wrong end of the stick.  I think once they both realize that they will be able to talk about other things, like why Amy asked for a break in the first place and how they miss each other, etc. And yes I know Sheldon admitting he's wrong about anything, is a bit of a stretch, but it would show that there has been some growth on his part.   And the only I reason I keep mentioning the closet is because at this time the only way I can see them having a fight/talk whatever where they clear things up between them is to lock them up someplace where they have to fight/talk whatever.  A closet seems a good place considering that Amy's mother did that to her during her childhood.

Edited by A Shamy gal

I like the points you bring out here.

Some people don't consider Sheldon good looking.   They think he's a weirdo like Pee-Wee Herman.   I beg to differ, but to each their own.  When he is in his element, date clothes, dressed up in a suit, I think he can be extremely sexy.

Amy is as beautiful and attractive as Vanessa.   She just hides it under the way she chooses to wear her hair, clothes, etc.    What does physical attraction have to do with any of this?   Sheldon has never been one concerned about looks unless it's a Red Head.

Perhaps what Amy considers attractive is not what others do, so who are we to judge?  Perhaps these nerd-like guys are the type she likes.  She picked Dave.  It wasn't until he started opening his mouth to talk that apparently he lost his appeal for her. 

Sheldon's date was picked by Raj and Howard.   If they had access to photos, etc, of course they are going to pick the hot girl.

I don't understand the debate over Amy or Sheldon getting better looking dates than the other and how the writers are doing a disservice to the characters by their choices.  

I think we are all just so distraught over this break up and them dating, that we may be stretching explanations from thin air to continue the negativity and/or formulate a plausible reconciliation that we hope is around the corner. 

Yesterday I was feeling so good about Shamy.   With the new TR info, I am distraught again.    This roller coaster ride is killing me.

I really wonder if the writers plans are for us now to learn to dislike Shamy as much as we grew to love them so that we are no longer routing for them to get back together because they are so freaking unrecognizable right now.     So, I just proved my own point above, because here I go speculating again.

When answers aren't provided, what can we expect but to try to form our own.

It's not about how their dates look. At least for me it's not. But Sheldon's date turns out to be a intelligent, cute girl who kind of understands Sheldon and has a nice conversation with him whereas Amy's date turns out to be a fan of Sheldon's...So not only once again Amy's life is all about Sheldon, even after their breakup, but also now when they finally reconcile, I couldn't help but wonder is it because Amy only wants Sheldon or because she just don't have any other choice. 

This is an episode about them looking for other options. If they each have a nice date, I'll be totally fine with it. But Amy's option is not really an "option". Amy never really has any options in the show. I know she's a supporting character, but after all the breakup is about two people. The writers should tell stories from both's POVs. 

As for Sheldon moving on, based on what happens in 907, it's logical and totally reasonable. But I'm still a little upset because it takes Amy forever to get close to Sheldon and there's this girl, who just shows up in one episode, almost gets herself a date with Sheldon. If she was a few seconds earlier, would they go on dates? So again, I couldn't help but wonder when Shamy finally get back together, should Amy feel lucky that this girl was late? Or else she wouldn't have a boyfriend left.