[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Tensor

Didn't Mayim once compare them to an orbit... can remember what was orbiting what, but she said sometimes it's really close and other times it's really far apart.  Well I think the orbit has been really far apart and is now changing course to get nearer again.

• Like 5

Didn't Mayim once compare them to an orbit... can remember what was orbiting what, but she said sometimes it's really close and other times it's really far apart.  Well I think the orbit has been really far apart and is now changing course to get nearer again.

Haha, yeah that would be my other go to metaphor. Or that of colliding/merging galaxies - like there's this nice animation of the Milky Way and Andromeda colliding a few billion years in the future and it's this beautiful dance with each other until they finally merge into a new galaxy.

The pendulum won out because of the 9x02 title and hooray for German having a fitting word for everything! ;P

As for the actual story bits: I love that they agree to go on a friendly date, I love that Amy is finally given an on-screen moment to realise how much she misses that time with him, and that she wants him back. And while Sheldon's rejection hurts but it's also understandable all things considered (though there seems to be different accounts on what he's actually saying - is it because he thinks he's a bad boyfriend or because he can't get over her? Can someone clarify??). Them at least being friends is a step into the right direction, imho

I love your swinging pendulums analogy, April.
The bold part confused me ,too. But either way, right now Sheldon clearly doesn't have the confidence yet become Amy's boyfriend again. 
But I do believe with their friendship rebooting, Sheldon will become more considerate toward Amy, no longer took her for granted, which he had shown already in their aquarium trip.
I'll do my best keep being optimistic and keep shipping the Shamy.

• Like 4

How in the world does Amy figure that Sheldon will just take her back when they haven't even discussed any of their issues? When she called Sheldon in the car, I thought it was going to be so they could talk. No, she goes straight to wanting to be his girlfriend. Doesn't work that way. I knew it. THEY NEED TO FUCKING TALK.

Or how do the writers expect us to believe that she will ask him to take her back without them discussing their issues first? 

• Like 4

I love your swinging pendulums analogy, April.
The bold part confused me ,too. But either way, right now Sheldon clearly doesn't have the confidence yet become Amy's boyfriend again. 
But I do believe with their friendship rebooting, Sheldon will become more considerate toward Amy, no longer took her for granted, which he had shown already in their aquarium trip.
I'll do my best keep being optimistic and keep shipping the Shamy.

I said in chat that I bet he doesn't treat her like his other friends.  And it wouldn't surprise me if they don't end up spending even more time together as 'friends' than they did when dating.  They both like playing those games together, they both like the zoo and not forgetting FWF.

• Like 1

Or how do the writers expect us to believe that she will ask him to take her back without them discussing their issues first? 

This is what I do not understand. I have always been a supporter of logical operations and well I certainly understand that women have their own logic (lol), buuuut WHY  did she suddenly decide to  become his girlfriend once again? after all we have seen before, just only because of one evening date together? Really?.... i can't... It just does not fit in my little brain! and then she was sooo surprised and upset that he said NO?...

Edited by AlFisher
  • Like 4

This is what I do not understand. I have always been a supporter of logical operations and well I certainly understand that women have their own logic (lol), buuuut WHY  did she suddenly decide to  become his girlfriend once again? after all we have seen before, just only because of one evening date together? Really.... i can't... It just does not fit in my little brain!

That's a good question...I'll tell you....as a woman, I can't understand that "logic", too!! Just saying... Why in the world didn't amy call just for saying that it was a nice day and maybe they could do something like that again? No friends, no boyfriend\girfriend, just two people that were starting knowing each other again!

• Like 7

This is what I do not understand. I have always been a supporter of logical operations and well I certainly understand that women have their own logic (lol), buuuut WHY  did she suddenly decide to  become his girlfriend once again? after all we have seen before, just only because of one evening date together? Really.... i can't... It just does not fit in my little brain! and then she was sooo surprised and upset that he said NO?...

I think in a way it's a mirrored version of Sheldon running off to propose to her. I don't think it's a rational decision at all but a very emotional one made in the spur of the moment.

As a narrative device it makes sense to me cause it gets rid of the concern that Sheldon will take her back no matter what and that this would create an imbalance. When they get together it will be with both of them on equal footing.

• Like 9

That's a good question...I'll tell you....as a woman, I can't understand that "logic", too!! Just saying... Why in the world didn't amy call just for saying that it was a nice day and maybe they could do something like that again? No friends, no boyfriend\girfriend, just two people that were starting knowing each other again!

I am also a woman... ahahah) 

but it is beyond my understanding

• Like 2

exactly!! With that, I would've been very happy! I just don't get it either. Even though I really want them to back together, Amy suddenly changing her mind about it and wanting him back before even talking about all the issues is just.. 

• Like 3

I think in a way it's a mirrored version of Sheldon running off to propose to her. I don't think it's a rational decision at all but a very emotional one made in the spur of the moment.

As a narrative device it makes sense to me cause it gets rid of the concern that Sheldon will take her back no matter what and that this would create an imbalance. When they get together it will be with both of them on equal footing.

That's the only logical explanation for having her ask, but again it shows they see her as a story prop for Sheldon's story.

I said in chat that I bet he doesn't treat her like his other friends.  And it wouldn't surprise me if they don't end up spending even more time together as 'friends' than they did when dating.  They both like playing those games together, they both like the zoo and not forgetting FWF.

Yeah, what struck me with this episode was also his isolation within the group - that no one wanted to come with him to the aquarium. It breaks my heart!

However it makes for a nice parallel situation that we've discussed with Amy in 9x06.

• Like 2

I still don't know how or why their friends were quick to help them get dates but keep quiet about the ring

But anyway

I think it's great that they can be friends again and maybe they might get back to rebuilding what they actually fell in love with each other about

I personally would prefer they hadn't broke up but at least they are back talking to each other properly

• Like 3

So.. just emotional outburst and impulse?

and she really was expecting (judging by her reaction to his refusal) that he would take her back....well

My brain is ready to explode

I hope at least Jim and Mayim enjoy the process :D

Edited by AlFisher
  • Like 2

Yeah, what struck me with this episode was also his isolation within the group - that no one wanted to come with him to the aquarium. It breaks my heart!

However it makes for a nice parallel situation that we've discussed with Amy in 9x06.

That's because those kind of things are "their" things, a reminder that they were happy somehow, shared interests and happy moments together and just together....at least I hope we will see some other of these moments. Even if I think this was kind of the "end" of the situation, at least for a 2/3 episodes. The next ones will be about other stuff, and...it's about time! If every TR is giving me that, better if we change subject for a while!

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 1

just because Sheldon wanted to do something doesn't mean the rest of the group has to do it. he certainly never goes along with what the others want to do. There was also other storylines in the episode. I think the point was to have  Shamy together anyways.

• Like 2

Monique, at the end, did Sheldon say "I excel at many things, but getting over you isn't one of them.." or did he say "I excel at many things, but being your boyfriend wasn't one of them..." or both? I've seen reports of both and I'm just wondering.

Either way, thanks so much for the detailed taping report. I think this will be a heartbreaking episode to watch (seeing Amy so sad is really hard), but maybe this is a step towards them actually having a real conversation about why they broke up and reconciling. 

• Like 6

Monique, at the end, did Sheldon say "I excel at many things, but getting over you isn't one of them.." or did he say "I excel at many things, but being your boyfriend wasn't one of them..." or both? I've seen reports of both and I'm just wondering.

Either way, thanks so much for the detailed taping report. I think this will be a heartbreaking episode to watch (seeing Amy so sad is really hard), but maybe this is a step towards them actually having a real conversation about why they broke up and reconciling. 

The first one, he didn't mention (at least according to what I've read) the bad boyfriend. It was a first "spoiler" but then it was corrected somehow...

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 2

I also predict that they'll focus on other storylines at least for couple of episodes now. So probably nothing major happening for Shamy for a while.. or who knows, all my predictions in this season have gone so wrong :D which episode is the last one airing this year? 

Edited by bluebird

You know...I was wondering about the title. It's kind of ironic, don't you think? As a matter of fact, they have always been kind of "platonic", there's no "permutation" here...Just kidding, I'm trying to lighten the mood!!!

• Like 1

Now that the ball is effectively in Sheldon's court, I'd mind of like to see a late-night at Amy's door kind of event for reconciliation, maybe even with him having driven himself there.  Maybe they hang out one evening, maybe with the gang and some things are said that he can't her out of his head and make him think that maybe he doesn't understand why she left him (since he's probably assuming the bad boyfriend thing.)

Unable to sleep he goes there in the middle of the night and they actually talk, maybe heatedly and end up getting back together, with kissing including, and perhaps agreeing he'll stay for a PG-13 sleepover (Amy offering G-rated, and him countering.)

• Like 6

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic