[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Tensor

My pleasure. Also, I  forgot to mention the audiences reactions. Let me tell you guys that we are not the only ones who are truly passionate for Shamy. The audience gave soooooo many "Awwwww"s during both episodes. Everyone cheered when Sheldon grabbed the ring and went to go propose. Everyone was sad for him when he found he kissing Dave goodnight. Everyone was so vocal about the Shamy moments. Definitely an audience full of Shamy fans last night. LOL.

I'm glad the show writers, creators, etc. on set could hear all that last night.

Which episode did they show before?

Oh, the one where Lenny and Bernie, spy on Amy....where you may have gotten confused is because I mentioned him proposing. That's the first clip we see of the episode and then after he see's her kissing Dave, we see the words, "AND NOW...." and it begins the new episode. Sorry, I should have made that clear. Last night, I tripped myself out too thinking about it and I was like, "WAIT! Did they swtich the episodes like we wanted????.............................Oh yeah, they did. Phew!" LOL.

• Like 5

My pleasure. Also, I  forgot to mention the audiences reactions. Let me tell you guys that we are not the only ones who are truly passionate for Shamy. The audience gave soooooo many "Awwwww"s during both episodes. Everyone cheered when Sheldon grabbed the ring and went to go propose. Everyone was sad for him when he found he kissing Dave goodnight. Everyone was so vocal about the Shamy moments. Definitely an audience full of Shamy fans last night. LOL.

I'm glad the show writers, creators, etc. on set could hear all that last night.

what was the Dave / Amy kiss like?

Full on or just a peck?

Edited by rachelshamyfan
  • Like 2

Oh, the one where Lenny and Bernie, spy on Amy....where you may have gotten confused is because I mentioned him proposing. That's the first clip we see of the episode and then after he see's her kissing Dave, we see the words, "AND NOW...." and it begins the new episode. Sorry, I should have made that clear. Last night, I tripped myself out too thinking about it and I was like, "WAIT! Did they swtich the episodes like we wanted????.............................Oh yeah, they did. Phew!" LOL.

That's a relief. 

• Like 2

Hazelra, I just don't think I can "like" this enough. I think I may love it instead... especially the last line! 

I already had good feelings from what I read here early this morning. Amy wants Sheldon back, and in asking him I think she's showing a readiness to make the ultimate sacrifice -- to go back to the way things were, and accept that as it will be -- just to have him back in her life. Amy knows he's the one, and she doesn't want to be without him. Sheldon isn't going back to "Robot Sheldon;" it is in fact the antithesis. In turning Amy down, Sheldon is protecting the heart that has grown three sizes over the last five years.

If he were Robot Sheldon, he could "flip the switch back off" were Amy to leave again. Our new and improved Sheldon can't do that. Once he can trust in her, but more importantly, in himself... then we will get the reconciliation all the ShAmy faithful are dearly hoping to see.

But your explanation above, Hazelra... "Glimpses of the 'old Shamy"... that gives me goosebumps. You and I have talked at length about our mutual realism - neither optimistic or pessimistic.  I think I can safely say if you're "pissing rainbows," then the future is truly going to be joyous. 

And I will gladly stand from the mountaintop and float a stream with you. 

I'm not much for Vodka... I'll bring the Crown Royal and Diet Coke. :drinks: (Sorry, no emoticon I saw with shot glasses, but we can fill a stein instead)

Thank you very much, you pointed out an aspect I haven't considered before...Amy asking him to be his girlfriend again before they talked about their problems means that she was willing to return basically to the old status quo, she was giving up to whatever made her go away, to the lack of commitment or of intimacy; she doesn't know about the ring and all the changes occurred to Sheldon in these months. It means that those few hours together were enough for her to realize what she wanted for her life and what her priorities were. I still think she rushed everything, but maybe she was so happy of her new awareness that she wanted to share it with him as soon as possible. However it would have been better to wait some time and talk to him about the reasons of their behavior before and after the break up.

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 7

I smell a fan fic in the making here people... Just sayin'

Nah, I'd rather read yours ;) I'm always good at having FF ideas but utter crap at writing them.  Please be my guest if you want to use it :) I'd be honored :)

• Like 1

Now that I've had time to think about it, I stand by my opinion that I absolutely love this episode. 

I've been ranting this whole time about seeing why Amy broke up with him in the first place and I think we got that from this TR (again thanks MJ!!!!). She was tired of him being selfish and not appreciating her. Well look where he is now, talk about character development. Sheldon put his own needs aside to make Amy happy TWICE in this episode (wanting to give amy the aquarium tickets and staying friends). 

The thing that really struck me was of course the last scene. I think Mayim was justified in calling this episode beautiful, especially that last scene. Amy must have been heartbroken hearing those words from Sheldon but I think he's justified in only wanting to be friends. His trust in her with his feelings is gone, plus he thinks he would be (and was) a terrible boyfriend to her because he heard it from his friends countless times and Amy broke up with him so that only solidifies the fact. 

He thinks by just staying friends, she will be happier with another man who deserves her love. He loves her so much that he is wiling to put his feelings aside and let her go because he thinks he is unworthy of being her boyfriend and thinks someone else will make her happier. He wants to be with her, yet he thinks that she can do better.

If that's not beautiful, I don't know what is. 

I don't think it's beautiful, but it does restored my hopes at this ship. It shows that whatever happens, good or bad, they have each other to count in, they care with each other, their lives are strongly connected by the love, no matter platonically, romantically, or anything else. It comforts me for now. 

• Like 5

Ok well I'll wait for more details . 

But so far this isn't what I was hoping for but at least they will be in scenes etc together again, we'll no doubt see moments of longing and frustration and hopefully hugs that turn into kisses "accidentally " etc etc . 

My predictions have been wrong all season but I think a few episodes of this type of thing , maybe a bit more chat ie Amy didn't think he was a " bad boyfriend " for 5 years etc , then ring info from Penny and it'll be tables turned , Amy getting Sheldon back ??!!.

Did we really get nothing on the documentary or from Penny ??

This is long , drawn out and tedious now and I must admit ruining my love of TBBT a bit but I'm in for the long haul and they will get back together eventually , maybe Christmas ??.

Anyway " buckle up we're in for a bumpy ride " 

AS LONG AS NO MORE DATING HAPPENS WITH OTHERS - IM OK !

Soopy: I'm going to use your post to bounce some ideas off of and also to give my opinion

1) I don't kisses to happen accidentally. They should be past this. I want to happen because they mean it

2) Now I don't think the ring will make any difference. I thought it could have (if Amy saw it) in the sense that she would have had the whole picture, and wanted to come back to Sheldon, but she didn't even need that to want him back.

3) I'm also in for the long haul but this is getting to be a little ridiculous. What's the excuse going to be this time? I mean for Sheldon to want to be just friends?

As far as Amy goes I'd hope she'd really feel scorned and that she would go on a dating rampage, just to spite Sheldon, but that in the process she'd find a really good man who'd deserve her. I'm tired of this crap! If the roles are going back to what they were before the split, what's the point of it?

• Like 7

1. why and how Penny has never ever mentioned ring/proposal/video to Amy. wtf. Regardless if we think it'd be good or bad, it is SO OOC for her. like ridiculous.
2. I feel all of Sheldon's behavior (now that we know there's been a time jump) is so OOC. I could see him not asking her what was wrong/not trying to win her back/not trying to communicate with her/anything in the short time span of 1-2 months, when he was super hurt/shocked and didn't have the strength to deal with that sort of talk. But for him not to find strength in him in 6 MONTHS to TRY to find out what went wrong and maybe get back love of his life back to him (or at least, if he's too proud/lost trust/w/e , just to ask to have CLOSURE and UNDERSTANDING ) is so so so weird. I can't be mad at him even i'm just mad at the writers because i just don't see that being him. It is not IC for the old Sheldon, it is not IC for the S8 Sheldon and it is not IC for the S9 Sheldon.
3. Like I've stated many times before i've been more on the teamAmy side but her just asking back to be his girlfriend is like... wtf! 
If she thinks she was right to have a break up, what changed?
If she thinks (now) she was wrong to break up with him, how can she just ask him to be together out of the blue like that, seeing how much he's hurt over the past 6 months? 
(again, if it was just a short time span, i would be supporting her and i would think it's ok that she took her time, and she's not responsible for his feelings... But to see someone you love , who you broke up with, to suffer for 6 MONTHS and now just ask to be his gf out of the blue again? ...
Again I can't really be mad at Amy because ok now i'm on team of those who say that writers absolutely don't care about the characters (at least anyone aside from the big 3) and they would give them just any line/plot that they want to, regardless of how IC or OOC it is ).

Well it looks like Sheldon didn't give her to much of a chance to say what changed by telling her he wants to just be friends. She wanted time to think, she broke up with him because of all the insults, and how insufferable he was being, AND he's not the only who was hurting, AND he was the first one of the couple to tell the other one that he was moving on, so...

Edited by Carlos
  • Like 5

I smell a fan fic in the making here people... Just sayin'

Already there.  Got an idea for the aquarium, remembering how Sheldon loves fish with tools on their heads.    I 've read a few really good FF today, since I was off work, and my Shamy feels are so high right now.

• Like 4

Already there.  Got an idea for the aquarium, remembering how Sheldon loves fish with tools on their heads.    I 've read a few really good FF today, since I was off work, and my Shamy feels are so high right now.

I can't read FF anymore. I reach a point where I can't say what is "real" and what's made up by a fan. I used to like smuts, but there's no plot and there's not too much shamy fics like this. So I stopped reading.

My two (late) cents... Today at first I was like:

big-bang-theory-penny-quotes.thumb.gif.0

Then, after reading the TR more carefully and learning about almost all of your opinions, I changed my mind a little. As some of you pointed out, there's good Shamy material in 9x09. Let me explain. They talked more, not as we hoped they would, but at least they did. That's a big step forward, IMO. They dated, okay, as friends, but they did, even doing something very Shamy-ish (I'm referring to the "fish game": personally, I've missed moments like these a lot). In addition, the shoe is on the other foot now: Amy's defenses began to crumble away during and after this "date". She asked Sheldon to be her boyfriend again out of an impulsive decision, IMO and I wasn't surprised at all that he answered "no" and suggested going back to being friends: he's afraid to get hurt another time.

Maybe mine is just wishful thinking, but I see some potential in this "let's just be friends" plot. Sheldon and Amy will interact more, and this will eventually make them become more open about their feelings; I'm also hopeful that some day he will trust her again. I honestly don't know how much time it will take to reach this point and I don't want to make predictions, but right now I'm cautiously optimistic. #teamshamynomatterwhat :)

• Like 9

Apparently the Amy Dave kissing was awkward and they were quite far apart, approximately 3 feet and like a peck you give a family member, not romantic at all

So no biggie then...

new_0046.thumb.gif.79f21f11e173c2a1a719311ca41dae2c.gif

Edited by JE7

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic