• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• April

• A Shamy gal

• jenafan

• Amy Fowler

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He's ready alright.  It's the writers who aren't.

I actually think it's Amy who isn't ready. I think she does needs time to figure out what she wants and what she's willing or not willing to compromise on. I think she's spent too long in this relationship longing for a certain kind of romance while hiding her head in the sand about the fact that Sheldon might just not be the kind of guy she can ever get that from, hoping she can coax it out of him. And, on the other hand, too scared to ask certain questions because she's afraid to hear the answer or because she assumes she knows what he wants or does not want when, if she did, she might be pleasantly surprised. I think she needs to figure out what it is that she wants, what it is that she wants because she wants it, what it is that she wants because she thinks that's just how things should be, find out what works *for her*, why she chose to be with Sheldon and so on. I think Sheldon knows what he wants already, whereas Amy not only doesn't know what he wants, but, like Mayim said, doesn't know what she wants either. 

based off recent interviews, it sounds like we may get more to the Amy story, and I do agree with Koops, Amy needs this period to really know what she wants.  I mentioned months ago that maybe just maybe this period will have Amy appreciate Sheldon for who he is and whats he's become for her. 

I also feel like Amy needs to know what she really wants and accept Sheldon for who he is. 

I really hate it in fanfics when Sheldon turns into an emotional, hippy-dippy sap/horn dog who makes love to Amy every chapter. It's okay since its just fanfiction but if it were canon, I'd be seriously irked.

So it seems like Sheldon isn't going to let his little lady have time to think, poor Amy is gonna get no peace!

Wait, did I miss something? Are there new spoilers?

eta: Oh! Nevermind! Just saw the tidbits. I don't know, this could play out both sweet and funny or obnoxious, depending what they go for. I think this kind of outcome is expected with Sheldon: how does anyone expect him to know what it all means, how long it will take, dealing with the uncertainty and all. It could be kind of sweet if he's trying to provide her with the info to prove to her they're meant to be. As long as it doesn't play out as him being an arrogant jackass who's all "Oh, come on, how long does it take you to realize I'm awesome and crawl back to me", then I'm good with him trying to win her over.

Edited by koops

TVLine spoiler came out basically saying that Sheldon wants to do something to try and rush this "time out" period a bit.  All I thought of was how funny that will play out

Yes spoiler TV on tumblr, think it's the discription of the episode for TV guides etc, if I could link it I would , I'm so rubbish ....anyone else able to link it ?? . I took it to mean Sheldon wanting to know how long Amy needs , it also says he wonders if he can do anything to speed the process up ...... :) 

Oooh wait did I do it, can you see this ? . Am I allowed to put this on here ?? 

Edited to say - nope I'm officially still rubbish I didn't mange to link it - sorry !!!! 

Edited by Soopysue

Yes spoiler TV on tumblr, think it's the discription of the episode for TV guides etc, if I could link it I would , I'm so rubbish ....anyone else able to link it ?? . I took it to mean Sheldon wanting to know how long Amy needs , it also says he wonders if he can do anything to speed the process up ...... :) 

Oooh wait did I do it, can you see this ? . Am I allowed to put this on here ?? 

Edited to say - nope I'm officially still rubbish I didn't mange to link it - sorry !!!! 

http://www.tvguide.com/special/fall-preview/gallery/2015-returning-fall-shows/photo/268fbb75-6c11-41fe-afbe-ecaa0acd6b8e

...no problem....:shy:

Ok, been thinking more about the tidbits over dinner and I think this could be pretty good if played out well because:

- It means the break isn't dealt with in an overdramatic fashion that would be too much for this show/couple

- It actually solidifies the point that Shamy aren't broken up, but Amy just wants some breathing space. I think it would be very unlike her to use this time to go out on dates with other men (that would be officially cheating), so I'm kind of feeling relatively reassured that Molaro's previous comment was not about a plan for future episodes but just some random comment.

- Tying in with Molaro's comment after the finale about how "Something is going to happen between them, I'm sure. He's so fond of her", I get the feeling that *hopefully* this Sheldon will be more aligned with Workplace Sheldon, chasing Amy around to show her how he's the best boyfriend ever and making a fool of himself in the process than him being a jackass who just waits for her to realize how wrong she is and how amazing he is, because that doesn't fit with "helping things move along", which indicates a proactive stance. 

- On top of that, MY COD that quote from the TV Guide link!!! "The first episode back will also reveal when exactly Sheldon bought the engagement ring. Amy won't be back yet, but that doesn't mean it's over between them. "With the two of them, all the rules go out the window, but what I think Sheldon has learned is to try to make it work," executive producer Steve Molaro says." YES, YES and 1000 times YES! 

I am still worried about how they're going to write Amy in all this, though. I get her annoyance if he's in her face constantly and not letting her space to think, but at the same time IF Sheldon is really just trying hard to woo her, I would be pretty irritated if it doesn't at the very least cause her to smile a little and instead just mopes about wanting a normal boyfriend. Come on, Amy! We are rooting for you! 

I don't think the "grok" is related to the plot, but it might be TBBT-related in that they recently began a science scholarship program.  Possibly, Mayim will be personally involved in this program.

I actually think it's Amy who isn't ready. I think she does needs time to figure out what she wants and what she's willing or not willing to compromise on. I think she's spent too long in this relationship longing for a certain kind of romance while hiding her head in the sand about the fact that Sheldon might just not be the kind of guy she can ever get that from, hoping she can coax it out of him. And, on the other hand, too scared to ask certain questions because she's afraid to hear the answer or because she assumes she knows what he wants or does not want when, if she did, she might be pleasantly surprised. I think she needs to figure out what it is that she wants, what it is that she wants because she wants it, what it is that she wants because she thinks that's just how things should be, find out what works *for her*, why she chose to be with Sheldon and so on. I think Sheldon knows what he wants already, whereas Amy not only doesn't know what he wants, but, like Mayim said, doesn't know what she wants either. 

I have always had this thought that Amy had spent so much time on getting Sheldon to a certain spot that she hasn't really worked on herself.   Then,  when Sheldon is ready to go,  like I too think he is,  she's gonna be lost.   Now she will be the one dragging her feet. 

I have always had this thought that Amy had spent so much time on getting Sheldon to a certain spot that she hasn't really worked on herself.   Then,  when Sheldon is ready to go,  like I too think he is,  she's gonna be lost.   Now she will be the one dragging her feet. 

I'm not so sure Amy isn't ready.  I think she's been holding herself back if anything.  She certainly didn't seem lost when they were making out... than again I didn't he was distracted during their make out, so who I am to say.  When it comes down to it, they're both going to nervous and unsure what the other wants when it comes to their first time, but that is something they will work together and over time.

I'm not so sure Amy isn't ready.  I think she's been holding herself back if anything.  She certainly didn't seem lost when they were making out... than again I didn't he was distracted during their make out, so who I am to say.  When it comes down to it, they're both going to nervous and unsure what the other wants when it comes to their first time, but that is something they will work together and over time.

I'm not talking about sex.  I'm talking about making a real commitment.   You can throw sex in there,  but I'm talking about their overall relationship.  She says she wants all these things but her focus had been getting Sheldon there.  She has as much experience here as he does.   She needs to make sure she is ready too.

Actually, one thing that I would love to ask Mayim after hearing her CC answers about their acting choices, is what is her process in how she acts when Amy is in intimate situations with Sheldon. I don't think she was lost when they were making out, you're right, but Mayim did say how they deliberately make their characters kiss to reflect their inexperience (which I think it's so brilliant on their part, as actors), and I do think that reflects in Amy too. Not only the stiffness in their first two SIKs, but even in the make out in the finale, the way she caresses his shoulder is so... awkwardly adorable. I don't know why but it really stuck out to me, because it was... I wouldn't say clumsy per se because that is perhaps the wrong word, but kind of not really totally spontaneous and relaxed. I think it was a brilliant choice on their part and I love how their progression is reflected in these small changes in the way they act those scenes. So, yeah I think she's "ready" for more in the sense that she wants it and is sure she wants it. But at the same time wanting it and having it are two different things and I *think* a bit of that overwhelmed!Amy does come through in the acting of those scenes. I agree with Nicky in that sense, that she's so eager to launch herself into it but then when it does happen she's always catching herself like "Wait! Hang on! What do I do with my hands?OMC! *panic attack*" or something along those lines. Which makes sense given where she's coming from, and I liked that CC seemed to give us some insight into that. 

Sheldon is almost ready, that's for sure. The whole season 7 was there for that and the final touch, the train trip, has at least begun to solve a big part of his social/commitment issues. Now It's Amy's turn, maybe her time off will be kind of her "train trip". like we said, she needs to figure out what's the difference between her desire and the reality of the situation with Sheldon and, most of all, to which degree she's ready to accept that and compromise to make her AND her partner happy.

As for the premiere, I'd like to see Sheldon thinking about what was wrong, not really findind, and chasing Amy all around because he cannot simply stay like that with hopefully a lot of funny scenes where he ends up ridiculously. And all of that while Amy is trying to process what I just wrote above. 

I think they both are ready for everything, but I agree with SHAMY GAL, they are nervous and unsure about what the other wants for their first time. Both are terrified to be a failure to the other. SHAMY neeeds a deep heart to heart talk, realizing that their love and mutual support will beat any lack of experience in their intimacy and in their whole relationship.

I am now wondering whether that security guard that was allegedly cast for the premiere might be for Sheldon after all. Maybe he does something stupid while trying to "speed things along"? Originally I thought that it would be for Raj and Emily being caught in the graveyard, but since it doesn't look like Laura is in this one (so far), and with these new spoilers... I wonder. Another thing is that I would love if the break ends with them kissing as they make up, and then when they break apart Amy smirks and goes "So... Wanna watch The Flash?". Bonus points if Sheldon gets a huge grin on his face at that and lunges in for another kiss.

Sorry, what security guard? I think they casted a priest! Please, please clarify it for me, please! I think I am losing some spoilers!!!!

THANK YOU!!!

Some dude names Lavelle LaRue was cast as a security gaurd a while back Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk