The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

I'm rubbish at technology and don't know how to do it, but it's the gold Derby interview. It's linked on tumblr, maybe some one else is more capable than me and can link it !!!! :)

Thanks

Going to search on Tumblr  :icon_cheesygrin:

Edited by AlFisher
  • Like 1

Maybe it is the way they act it....from Sheldon's point of view it was a breakup (he does not understands "shades", that's what he got from Amy's speech), Amy instead just said she needed time to think....

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 1

Maybe it is the way they act it....from Sheldon's point of view it was a breakup (he does not understands "shades", that's what he got from Amy's speech), Amy instead just said she needed time to think....

That could be a very interesting dynamic for them to explore in Season 9...

It's also yet another example of how this is just one big misunderstanding. 

Honestly, they just need to sit down and talk it out.

• Like 3

Oh yeah. One. Great. Adult. Calm. Talk. To discuss all problems, all pretensions, all misunderstandings and all perspectives....

• Like 4

Oh yeah. One. Great. Adult. Calm. Talk. To discuss all problems, all pretensions, all misunderstandings and all perspectives....

Yes, this is so right !!

That could be a very interesting dynamic for them to explore in Season 9...

It's also yet another example of how this is just one big misunderstanding. 

Yes, it could be very interesting and "funny"...but only if the timing is addressed properly...A little tension maybe (few episodes...), but then, as you said, they need to sit down and talk properly!

• Like 2

I've been saying it since the episode aired. If they talk to each other about their issues this can all be resolved in an episode or even two.

I want it to be Sheldon going to her and not the other way around. I don't want her to decide she made the wrong decision. He needs to step up to the plate and take the blame...well not blame but responsibility for what she needs and wants. He needs to tell her what he wants and needs as well.

I agree with some on here that are saying with his closure issues he needs to tell her what he was going to say. I really don't think he was going to propose over Skype though. I think he was going to invite her over and then ask.

Or he just was so shocked at what she said he pulled it out to contemplate. He may have been planning it for their next date night.

Who knows.

I am optimistic this won't last more than two episodes but I don't want them to gloss it over like they did for the most part with his train trip. This time they need to talk more than him admitting he was afraid to tell her he failed. She bought that and they continued as if nothing happened. He made up his dates according to the relationship agreement.

I am also in total agreement with those that don't want the relationship agreement to go away. It is what makes them unique but I would like to see them sitting down and working it out together. Although I think they have done that before.

• Like 9

I'd like some sweet Shamy post lovemaking scene, akin to something like how Sheldon with that geology book looked like in The Relationship Diremption. With Mayim's Orthodox background, I'm not sure how it'll look like. She'll probably either fully covered by the duvet or in her sleep dress with the buttons undone....or them under the duvet with Sheldon's back in full view of the camera and Amy's hands clinging to it while she's in a sleep dress or.... ok enough already! My imagination should be under curfew!

• Like 5

Someone had a pretty cool idea in the Lenny thread and I'm going to hijack it here and relate it to Shamy:

Sheldon accidentally lets it slip to the others that Leonard and Penny went to Vegas to get married, so they all rush off to join them.

I'm not sure about you guys, but I think this could segue nicely into the Shamy reconciliation. Sheldon and Amy could somehow end up sharing a room...

Thoughts?

• Like 3

Good idea, for both couples i think....Lenny will have a wedding with their friends and shamy will menage to fix their situation! Also the car trip to Vegas could be fun..imagine all of them in the esame car...amy and Sheldon in the reer seat, with maybe one of the others between them, in akward silence or fighting....and Howard or Bernie trying to help them and making it worse, it could be a lot of comedy after all the drama of the finale!

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 2

Watching The Habitation Configuration to clear my head after editing my upcoming Shamy video project (because the angst is just so heavy and the theme music is like Amy Farrah Fowler herself singing about the break from Sheldon). This episode has my favorite ever Sheldon Cooper line, which I personally find much funnier than Bazinga - "On the other hand that lowdown polecat done wronged my woman". Jim's Texan accent just gave life to this line.

This episode show situations which Sheldon brings down his mental guard and exposes his emotional vulnerability:

1. A drunk Sheldon, exposing his inner fears about him being a "callous egomaniac" that "she'll (Amy) leave me". A drunk Sheldon's finicky nature is negated and he chose to endure a bus ride to Will Wheaton's house to confront the former about upsetting Amy.

2. An upset Amy. Cracks of his mental guard is exposed when Amy is angry or sad. By cracks, he can give an emotional speech for some time, then his pedantic nature comes out in the end (ie, The Workplace Proximity)

For season 9 Shamy reconciliation, I hope for an emotional Sheldon Cooper to bare his heart and soul out to Amy Farrah Fowler like how a drunk Sheldon does, but without a trace of alcohol and being pedantic.

• Like 7

Someone had a pretty cool idea in the Lenny thread and I'm going to hijack it here and relate it to Shamy:

Sheldon accidentally lets it slip to the others that Leonard and Penny went to Vegas to get married, so they all rush off to join them.

I'm not sure about you guys, but I think this could segue nicely into the Shamy reconciliation. Sheldon and Amy could somehow end up sharing a room...

Thoughts?

I like that idea! Them being stuck in a car together would get them talking, we need them to talk

• Like 2

Even if they did all rush off to Vegas, I think Amy would do everything to avoid being alone with him

Yeah but that doesn't mean that she'll be successful in doing so...

Upon watching the Gold Derby interview with Mayim, I must say, we need more of the actors/writers/producers speaking so positively post-finale. It's good to see that Mayim is seeing this Shamy plot as a break, not a break-up, as many of the fans are. While she isn't a writer for the show, it does give me hope for a quick resolution and a positive season 9.

• Like 4

There you were !

I had a dream about Shamy ... Sheldon realizing what a lame boyfriend he was and deciding that he does not deserve Amy and stepping back definitely :( SO sad :( 

I like you guys ideas better ;)

• Like 1

I actually don't think that Lenny should get married in Vegas or that being in a car together would be good for Shamy in the long run. I think they need to be apart for a couple of episodes. If you really think about it Amy didn't just tell Sheldon she needs time to think because she was acting like an impetuous teenager, but because she felt there were real issues that had to be addressed. I think she should stay strong and make Sheldon confront those issues. Also she should make clear what she expects of him and make him understand in no uncertain terms that in order for them to be happy both their wants and needs need to be met.

• Like 1

I actually don't think that Lenny should get married in Vegas or that being in a car together would be good for Shamy in the long run. I think they need to be apart for a couple of episodes. If you really think about it Amy didn't just tell Sheldon she needs time to think because she was acting like an impetuous teenager, but because she felt there were real issues that had to be addressed. I think she should stay strong and make Sheldon confront those issues. Also she should make clear what she expects of him and make him understand in no uncertain terms that in order for them to be happy both their wants and needs need to be met.

That's a good point actually. As much as I love the Vegas idea, I also think they really need some time apart to figure out how to best address the issues in their relationship. 

Honestly, I'm fine with whatever they do, as long as they don't drag it out for too long. Fix it up by Christmas and I'll be happy :)

• Like 2

The season 8 finale will be aired for the first time in Australia tonight. I'm looking forward to being able to see it in its entirety. I don't think it will make the wait for season 9 any easier, though. 

• Like 2

Random thought...I hope Sheldon and Amy have their much needed conversation at Amy's place. They are less likely to be interrupted I feel.

• Like 5

I hear you Loriparis. As a Lenny I'm really weary of the couple getting interrupted during an important moment.

• Like 2