[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Tensor

I love how beautiful you write things. Its true. Other than with science, I've never seen Sheldon be so wanton about something. To get rejected from a proposal (yeah it never happened but the intention was there) and then be willing to give it everything and do it -and suffer through it- all again blows me sideways. Especially from a man who doesn't take well to being told no. Amy hasn't exactly held back from using that word this season. Bless him, hes such a fighter, because hes had to be all his life. A fighter towards bullies, a fighter towards his family, a fighter against his feelings. But dam when hes a fighter in the right way, its heartbreaking.

and water...lots of water....

I want our babies back...

Thank you for the compliment, Amy.  

I've noticed that Sheldon continues to use the word "rejection" when referring to this break up and inability to propose.  He's not saying misunderstanding, miscommunication, or irreconcilable differences.   

From his point of view, he's been trying.   He's put himself out there.  She's refused to communicate with him what went wrong.   She's refused to hear him out.   She's refused to make time to spend with him.  She's refused to reconcile so he can finish what he started.   She refused to move in with him.    Until now, it's been all about rejecting his efforts to re-establish any form of a relationship.  

Sheldon went over there knowing he faced the possibility that Amy might refuse his proposal.   He just didn't expect to see that she had already moved on.

I think when he saw her at her apartment building with that other man, it finally sunk into Sheldon's brain that she has rejected him.

There is no fight left in him, because it's obvious to him there's nothing left to fight for.

Edited by jenafan

• Replies 25.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• April

• A Shamy gal

• jenafan

• Amy Fowler

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My heart is breaking for Sheldon; and  I just don't know how much more pain he can take. As much as Sheldon might have hurt Sheldon by being distant,  I cannot help but feel Sheldon's pain.  He feels more strongly than anyone, which is why he attempts to control his emotions.  I think the gang is finally beginning to understand that fact.  Most importantly, Sheldon is becoming more aware of his emotions and willing to be inhibited by them. This is helping him handle his situation with Amy maturely. He is willing to let her go so she can be happy even if it means he is miserable. That's true love and soon Amy will experience it when they both get over themselves and fix their situation.   With regards to the acting, I thought Jim was wonderful in showing all his emotions.  How he is pretending to be fine when he is truly not.   

Are they ever gonna recover from all of this??? I mean Sheldon seemed to have given up after he saw the kiss. It felt he had finally accept the fact he and Amy were truly over. And with what he does in 908 and his attitude in 909, it looks like he really has moved on by then. He just doesn't care anymore.

Just because he finally accepts the fact that they are truly over doesn't mean he no longer cares.

I agree, it would be hard for a lot of us fans to see them turn the clock back. The friend zone just doesn't hack it, even if they could use a slow return to a reconciliation that would be a little frustrating to sit through given how far they took it in season 8...for me, Amy's wanting to try to be his GF again offer in 9.09 is a little off putting when you put yourself in Sheldon shoes. Why would he even contemplate that after six months of struggling with the break up and finally regaining some lost sanity through it, and not even an opportunity to talk about the whys and what nots? If I was him I'd be thinking to myself "you say you want to try to be my GF again, but for how long before you dump me again??" Sheldon wouldn't survive that roller coaster, who would....

I really hope for a quick resolution to it all for the better. I know some folks would say a quick fix wouldn't be realistic, but it's a sitcom- they can do what they want. Personally , realistic or not, id like to get back to relaxing and enjoying the show without all of this melodrama, it's just dragged out way too long for a comedy show IMHO....

For me it is off putting as well that Amy asked to be his GF again, but I honestly was not looking at it from Sheldon's POV because I think that mainly the split is Sheldon's fault. However Amy trying to get back with him without them speaking about their issues makes no sense to me whatsoever. IMO it makes the whole split pointless and purely a writing exercise. I also agree that the split should be take care ASAP because at this point they've made it last do long that I'm starting to loose interest in its resolution. I'm not a Shamy, so the opinions of some Shamy shippers might differ from mine, but I believe we would all want to see them together again even if for different reasons. Btw I'm dying for the writers to show Amy's POV. It sort of feels as if they're telling 1/2 the story. I would, however like for the reconciliation to be realistic, and not pulled out of their behinds.

I was in the chat room that night, April, and I remember the meltdown.   I remember being one of the ones to call Sheldon an idiot for jumping the gun because the first spoilers that came through stated he had actually proposed.   It was only later that we learned he never got the chance because of what he saw.

Oh you guys are brave. I'd never be able to do chat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now we know why Sheldon's call to her went to voicemail.    I don't think it was because she was avoiding him.   She was out on a date with Dave.   Sad. Sad. Sad.

Edited by jenafan

In the promo for next week, I caught that Amy looked different, like she had changed her wardrobe a bit.    What I didn't understand though was why Penny was so casually talking to Amy about dating knowing Sheldon has a ring and wanted to propose.

Penny, who can't keep a secret, just seems to be acting so OOC.   I went back and watched the episode again tonight, and I did see her put her hand on Leonard's arm when Sheldon said he was going to go ask Amy to marry him, but again, there was no emotion or excitement.   She was more excited about the existence of the ring, than the act of Sheldon proposing to Amy.

I don't know.   Maybe Penny knows Amy has moved on, and she's just waiting for Sheldon to figure it out on his own.

I am just not liking all this indifference that everyone seems to be having, including the two people who are going through the break up.   Even Sheldon in the TAG didn't seem as heartbroken as I thought he'd be.   He seemed regretful that he had put himself in the position of falling in love, and then not being able to reciprocate it in the proper way as a human should more than anything.   Instead of fighting to make it right, he just wants to move on.    It's heart-wrenching.

In next week's promo, he seems extremely happy for someone who just realized he lost his love.

I'm so confused. 

I feel the same way.

Now we know why Sheldon's call to he went to voicemail.    I don't think it was because she was avoiding him.   She was out on a date with Dave.   Sad. Sad. Sad.

I thought we already knew that?

Edit: That gif of the kiss, now I know why the reports were confusing, I'm watching it and can't possibly say if it's on the lips or the cheek, I'm leaning more towards the later.

Edited by sarah7

I don't see how it can be a cheek kiss, as you can see her cheek.  I enlarged the GIF frame, and it and it appears she is pursing her lips just before the kiss and you can see her head move backwards when he kisses her.

I think with the TAG, we are seeing Sheldon becoming less like Pinocchio and more like a real being.   The man made of wood will break, but the living human being will bend.

I think we will see him doing a lot more feeling and bending in the upcoming episodes, to Amy's surprise.   He has to in order to survive because he knows now he cannot go back to what he was.   It's too late, and he's been exposed, will be publicly.  

What it is really is that kiss you give when you really don't want to give the kiss.   Like there this face in front of your face and your just forced to do something with that face to get it out of your face.  And quickly run inside.

I think Penny doesn't say anything to Amy after knowing about the ring is because she assumes Amy broke up with Sheldon because she doesn't love him anymore and wants someone better. As bad as she feels for Sheldon, she has to respect Amy's wish.

So after 909, we really really really need to see Amy's POV...This way their friends can learn the whole break up was a big misunderstanding and try to help them communicate. Otherwise Sheldon and Amy will keep growing apart to the point where they no longer care. Then it'll be too late.

They are gonna end up together, right? I'm getting more and more scared each week...

Stop

Well it was unpleasant but not fatally...

I thought we already knew that?

Edit: That gif of the kiss, now I know why the reports were confusing, I'm watching it and can't possibly say if it's on the lips or the cheek, I'm leaning more towards the later.

It seems to me, that really this kiss has been specifically filmed so ambiguous, so we have to turn on our imagination, guys... lol

I am just not liking all this indifference that everyone seems to be having, including the two people who are going through the break up.   Even Sheldon in the TAG didn't seem as heartbroken as I thought he'd be.   He seemed regretful that he had put himself in the position of falling in love, and then not being able to reciprocate it in the proper way as a human should more than anything.   Instead of fighting to make it right, he just wants to move on.    It's heart-wrenching.

In next week's promo, he seems extremely happy for someone who just realized he lost his love.

I'm so confused.

That's what I've been saying since the TR for that ep came up. Just as many shippers were saying at the beginning of the season that they were expecting more emotion from Amy, all the time, but specially after this episode, I was expecting to see Sheldon much more sad as he seemed to be according to the reports. I mean, they had refused to focus on Amy during all the break up, but they surely had been focusing on Sheldon, so, to show him that... I don't know, composed? after his breakdown, after having accepted his feelings the way he did and after watching the woman he wanted to marry with other man, he simply thinks, "oh!, it's okay, since things didn't work well with the first one, I'll simply ask my friends to fetch me another girflriend", and he looks even excited with the possibility!...really? It just doesn't seem logical, or natural, and honestly, it comes accross as a disservice to the love story they had been building up for several years. It was supposed to be the story of a special human being that slowly let his guards down and changed the whole concept and plan he had for his own life because he was falling in love with another very special human being, and it's not just about the fact it was the very first relationship for both, or that both are virgins, it was not really about being each other's first, but about being each other's only one.

With this, I'm not saying that I think the "dating others" plot is harmful just for it's mere existence, it would even have been beneficial, if it had been developed correctly, but to see them accepting it practically without hesitation, and the 'dates' going wrong for totally inane reasons, instead of taking advantage of the situation to reinforce the concept of how unique they are for each other?

For me, It's just a big waste of time and emotional resources.

Edited by sarah7

That's what I've been saying since the TR for that ep came up. Just as many shippers were saying at the beginning of the season that they were expecting more emotion from Amy, all the time, but specially after this episode, I was expecting to see Sheldon much more sad as he seemed to be according to the reports. I mean, they had refused to focus on Amy during all the break up, but they surely had been focusing on Sheldon, so, to show him that... I don't know, composed? after his breakdown, after having accepted his feelings the way he did and after watching the woman he wanted to marry with other man, he simply thinks, "oh!, it's okay, since things didn't work well with the first one, I'll simply ask my friends to fetch me another girflriend", and he looks even excited with the possibility!...really? It just doesn't seem logical, or natural, and honestly, it comes accross as a disservice to the love story they had been building up for several years. It was supposed to be the story of a special human being that slowly let his guards down and changed the whole concept and plan he had for his own life because he was falling in love with another very special human being, and it's not just about the fact it was the very first relationship for both, or that both are virgins, it was not really about being each other's first, but about being each other's only one.

With this, I'm not saying that I think the "dating others" plot is harmful just for it's mere existence, it would even have been beneficial, if it had been developed correctly, but to see them accepting it practically without hesitation, and the 'dates' going wrong for totally inane reasons, instead of taking advantage of the situation to reinforce the concept of how unique they are for each other?

For me, It's just a big waste of time and emotional resources.

Exactly what I'm feeling. After all the emotional build-up in this episode, in the end Sheldon seems to be just fine to me, like"well that didn't work out, whatever let's just move on."