• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• April

• A Shamy gal

• jenafan

• Amy Fowler

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morning peeps! Let me clear up and give a more in depth shamy reportings!   There were 2 takes of the second kiss... As they finish kissing the first time round. They break apart. Sheld

Ok fellow Shamies, I typed up this report on the plane home just now. I've just landed and have another hour or so until I'll be home, but I thought I'd post this at least for you all real quick.  Sor

Oh...I thought someone has already posted a TR? No? Ok. First of all, English is not my first language, so I may have misunderstood a lot of the lines. Please forgive me if the episode turns out

Posted Images

Also i've never watched Star Trek but Sheldon's description of Spock made me wanna watch it... I just can relate to him so so much for wanting to get rid of his feelings but failing. Anyway this episode just made me love Sheldon that much more, and feel for him. I think Jim was absolutely perfect in it. Gonna rewatch rewatch & rewatch 

• Like 2

Thank you for the compliment, Amy.  

I've noticed that Sheldon continues to use the word "rejection" when referring to this break up and inability to propose.  He's not saying misunderstanding, miscommunication, or irreconcilable differences.   

From his point of view, he's been trying.   He's put himself out there.  She's refused to communicate with him what went wrong.   She's refused to hear him out.   She's refused to make time to spend with him.  She's refused to reconcile so he can finish what he started.   She refused to move in with him.    Until now, it's been all about rejecting his efforts to re-establish any form of a relationship.  

Sheldon went over there knowing he faced the possibility that Amy might refuse his proposal.   He just didn't expect to see that she had already moved on.

I think when he saw her at her apartment building with that other man, it finally sunk into Sheldon's brain that she has rejected him.

There is no fight left in him, because it's obvious to him there's nothing left to fight for.

It is so heartbreaking but true (

Oh God, I've just read through your comments now I'm away to try to watch some clips of the episode, I'm generally scared :( . I'm thinking it's too early for a gin and tonic too - it's just past 6 am here !!!  

• Like 3

Oh God, I've just read through your comments now I'm away to try to watch some clips of the episode, I'm generally scared :( . I'm thinking it's too early for a gin and tonic too - it's just past 6 am here !!!  

you will need something to calm the emotions!

• Like 2

you will need something to calm the emotions!

Oh God , how much do you want to just hug Sheldon so tight :(  wow Jims acting was amazing . 

You know what though guys , it is going to be ok, the writers have taken this so far with such raw emotions, they've stripped him down, I think the friends phase will help him restore faith again and learn to let his heart be exposed again but I do think it'll end in a beautiful reconciliation as now Sheldon has " given up fighting his emotions " he'll have no choice !!!!. I think we're going to get what we said - S and A as friends , having the best time together and Sheldon realising that the heart want what the heart wants, I think he'll not be able to control the desire to touch her hand, arm , sit beside her , show her affection .....I think realisation will hit and he won't have a choice. 

I think the documentary will certainly be shown again , but under what circumstances ??  . I still feel Amy needs to see this in order for her to have a full perspective on Sheldon's feelings to allow her to understand where he's at and why, I wonder if she'll see it and it'll prompt the talk ...... Or will it come after the talk to help Sheldon explain why he made the comment about not being good at getting over Amy , therefore why he's reluctant to be more than friends just now ?.

Also - the kiss , I agree he went for mouth but Amy to turned to cheek , Amy air kisses ! 

Oh God someone fix this now !!!!!!!! TBBT is my go to happy place , it's now my go to stressier place !.

Guys it will be ok in the end , it really will , but good lord this is one bumpy road, we are owed big time for this !!!! It better be a wonderful make up kiss, NOt CUT :) 

• Like 8

Freakin' crazy episode! I LOVE THIS! Jim is freakin' amazing switching from being funny to defensive to funny again to dejected.

The two separating stories both held up on their own - Sheldon's internal conflict and Wolowitz and Bernadette's will-we-or-won't-we-have-a-baby dilemma both stand on independently.

The more Sheldon denies his feelings, the more it gets into him. The more he denies how much he loves Amy, the more it gets into him.I hope this will be explored more in the coming episodes.

I'm pretty sad about the opening. Seeing Leonard,Penny, Sheldon, and Koothrappali on that couch having dinner makes me miss the old days - the social group in 4A living room just chillin' :(

Edited by Chelle
  • Like 4

I was shocked at how open Sheldon was about pulling the ring out of the box and showing it off.  He didn't even try to cover over the reason he had it.   What got me was when he yelled at Penny that he was fine!   It actually looked like he was holding back a lot of emotion.   The reason he didn't propose was because Amy had reservations about the relationship, not that he was hesitant.

Penny's reaction kind of bothered me.   I would have thought she would have been more consoling, but she seemed to act like it was no big deal when he walked out the door to propose to Amy.   There wasn't even a "go get her Sheldon."    I would have expected her to go OMG or something, but it seemed to me like Leonard and Penny were like it was no big deal.   Kind of like they were surprised Sheldon had a ring, but it was just something for him to do.  It seems they still don't believe the genuineness of his feelings behind it.  Maybe I am seeing it all wrong. 

The scene with Sheldon witnessing Dave wasn't what I expected.   He didn't seem devastated, just defeated.   He's completely given up on a future with Amy.

Even though the kiss seemed to be a cheek one, Amy was smiling like she had a good time, and I am sure this had a profound effect on Sheldon, probably more so than the cheek kiss.   I can see why he's convinced now that she is happier elsewhere than with him.

Sheldon's trip down memory lane seemed to indicate that even though he hid his emotions growing up, he still got hurt in physical ways.  

Then there is the TAG.   Sheldon seemed to finally be admitting to Leonard that he's realized he's done everything all wrong trying to emulate a fictional character to avoid pain by being emotionless only to find that by doing so, he's lost the woman he loves and is now facing the greatest emotional pain he has ever had.   It seems this is the turning point where he is going to start focusing more on his human side.   It makes it more plausible now that he asks Raj and Howard to set him up on a date in the next episode.   He's giving into his feelings now and seems to trying to do what any feeling person in his position would try to do, and that is rebound after a huge loss.

Wil confirmed that everything is going to be in the documentary.   It seems like it is definitely going to be coming back around, and Sheldon knows everything is out in the open now.

it's hard to see because when Sheldon leaves to propose he moves past the couple, but I did see penny reach for Leonard's arm in a kind of OMG did you hear that?? kind of reaction...and i agree, Sheldon to me looked like a combination of shock and deflation, a dog gettin kicked by his owner. Seeing Sheldon go through the breakdown was sadder than I thought it would be. It was kind of scary to watch a guy who seemingly always keeps it together just losing it. He looks like a guy that can bring it if you pressed him!

in seeing him retrieve the ring and leave to propose kind of reminded me of someone who was bringing out his "ace in the hole" and was leaving to play it once and for all. Sheldon described earlier in his interview with Nimoy that he had a ring to give his girlfriend but instead "she rejected me". Well we all know he didn't actually propose to or give Amy a ring, so it's not a proposal she rejected but him as a BF in Sheldon's eyes...it seems to me Sheldon purposely kept the ring locked up to see how things would go with Amy, and in his moment of desperation he retrieves it and marches off, probably thinking it's his only hope, this ace in the hole. When he sees what's happening to Dave he realizes it's too late and he lost the hand before playing his card....his turning and walking away with a slight hunch was heartbreaking as to be expected....

i do do like the advice Leonard gives him, and Sheldon is listening and approves of the message...Sheldon may very well take the advice to heart to make changes in himself long overdue. 

On the positive side, I enjoyed the Wolowitz remodeling scenes and had a few chuckles....

• Like 6

I hope I hope to hell the doucumentary doesn't play into them getting back together.  It doesn't have a release date (except "in theatres in 2016") which usually means six months minimum before it's released, which would be three months minimum before it's edited. Even as a non-shipper I want them together before that.  

• Like 8

Seeing Sheldon go to Amy to try proposing while dressed in date night clothes..... and Amy in date night clothes with Dave... *shudders*

Well played, TBBT wardrobe team.. well played.

Edited by Chelle
  • Like 2

I've just watched some clips about the Sheldon\Shamy part...truly heartbroken...I don't know, the acting was amazing (give that guy another Emmy right now!!!) everything was so powerful. I really feel for Sheldon, I agree that he was just defeated when he saw Amy with Dave; it looked like he got the "closure" he needed, maybe not the one he wanted, but a closure anyway. It was sad indeed. I also  noticed that they decided to shut down all the audience reactions to the main scenes. HeresU2 said that when Sheldon announced that he was going to ask Amy to marry him the audience went crazy, everybody was screaming; and when they showed the (pre taped) scene about the kiss, there was a reaction by the audience too...I think it this way it was more poignant, anyway, really I could feel the moment...

On a merrier note (and God knows if a need one), after watching the part when he holds the ring and joyfully says that he was going to give it to his "girlfriend" (not ex-girfriend....) my suspect that this footage (not the documentary, since as Tensor noticed it will be released in more than a year) could be used as an opening line for the actual proposal is getting stronger and stronger. There is a real and a sudden change in his looks and voice in that scene, but the first seconds are really "happy", it could work. A girl can dream, right? 

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 8

On 6.11.2015 8.55.51, 2L344 said:

image.jpg

That last screen.. You can hear his heart breaking. Up till that moment he still had hope, he still thought it would be possible that he and Amy will get back together. When he sees Amy and Dave kissing, that just crashed all his hopes and he was forced to accept that this relationship is over. 

Jim was definitely the king of this episode!

What a horrible way to start a day.. 

Edited by bluebird
  • Like 9

Wow. I wasn't nearly so bothered by Amy's kiss with Dave, as I was with both of Sheldon's outbursts. Jim Parsons is truly an amazing, gifted actor. Emmy for Jim in 2016, indeed.

I've watched both outbursts twice now (my husband had to watch his DVR'd Gotham first, then TBBT with me ... yep, I married Leonard). My heart hasn't started beating again yet.

Two things: 

1. I remain eternally optimistic (not terribly like me) that this too shall pass. Sheldon needed to reach a low point to realize all that he has lost in order to grow; I feel that has happened here. Amy's day of reckoning is yet to come.

what you said in bold though, wow! Never thought of it that way til now, and yes for sure. I don't say that in a " I hope Amy gets hers!!" way, but rather she needs to FEEL what this break up has done. Amy put the ball in motion, thanks to Sheldon's DB behavior, but as of yet (we know it's coming in 9.09) has been kinda distant and cold (sorry, just my opinion) to Sheldon. We got a glimpse of some hurt ( I thought it was half hurt half shock) behind Amy's eyes in the stairwell scene for the first time....now we've seen Sheldon at his lowest, an ugly site......it makes sense, now, that Amy has her own kick in the pants coming to her and it isn't the stairwell scene but the rejection of her offer to return as a gf again in 9.09... she's gonna have to feel the misery too in order for them both to relate to what this break up has done. Sorry Amy, you can't help flip the switch on the break up, have a few dates to try out things, and then flip the switch back on without paying the piper. Sheldon paid his dues for his half of causing the break up, the piper wants the other half now....

Edited by 2L344
  • Like 6

what you said in bold though, wow! Never thought of it that way til now, and yes for sure. I don't say that in a " I hope Amy gets hers!!" way, but rather she needs to FEEL what this break up has done. Amy put the ball in motion, thanks to Sheldon's DB behavior, but as of yet (we know it's coming in 9.09) has been kinda distant and cold (sorry, just my opinion) to Sheldon. We got a glimpse of some hurt ( I thought it was half hurt half shock) behind Amy's eyes in the stairwell scene for the first time....now we've seen Sheldon at his lowest, an ugly site......it makes sense, now, that Amy has her own kick in the pants coming to her and it isn't the stairwell scene but the rejection of her offer to return as a gf again in 9.09... she's gonna have to feel the misery too in order for them both to relate to what this break up has done. Sorry Amy, you can't help flip the switch on the break up, have a few dates to try out things, and then flip the switch back on without paying the piper. Sheldon paid his dues for his half of causing the break up, the piper wants the other half now....

Indeed. When we got the spoilers I thought it was unnecessary to get Amy into that position, but after seeing Sheldon reaching his low point, I get it.

Edited by bluebird
  • Like 1

Are they ever gonna recover from all of this??? I mean Sheldon seemed to have given up after he saw the kiss. It felt he finally accepted the fact that he and Amy were truly over. And with what he does in 908 and his attitude in 909, it looks like he really has moved on by then. He just doesn't care anymore.

I think he cares, and a lot, but what i saw when Sheldon was at the apartment was a guy who was praying he held the solution to this nightmare in his hand only to find out that he was too late, that the kiss was the final nail in his coffin, and that he had to surrender to it. He was deflated, stabbed through the heart, and then left in the cold to stagger home in a dream state. That's rock bottom......

Thank you for the compliment, Amy.  

I've noticed that Sheldon continues to use the word "rejection" when referring to this break up and inability to propose.  He's not saying misunderstanding, miscommunication, or irreconcilable differences.   

From his point of view, he's been trying.   He's put himself out there.  She's refused to communicate with him what went wrong.   She's refused to hear him out.   She's refused to make time to spend with him.  She's refused to reconcile so he can finish what he started.   She refused to move in with him.    Until now, it's been all about rejecting his efforts to re-establish any form of a relationship.  

Sheldon went over there knowing he faced the possibility that Amy might refuse his proposal.   He just didn't expect to see that she had already moved on.

I think when he saw her at her apartment building with that other man, it finally sunk into Sheldon's brain that she has rejected him.

There is no fight left in him, because it's obvious to him there's nothing left to fight for.

exactly how I felt, every bit of your post. I too noticed his use of rejection and I agree with your conclusion too...that kiss knocked the wind out of his sails, truly hit rock bottom, and is just drifting now and doesn't care that he is. So sad....

Edited by 2L344
  • Like 2

I also  noticed that they decided to shut down all the audience reactions to the main scenes. HeresU2 said that when Sheldon announced that he was going to ask Amy to marry him the audience went crazy, everybody was screaming; and when they showed the (pre taped) scene about the kiss, there was a reaction by the audience too...I think it this way it was more poignant, anyway, really I could feel the moment...

Oh okay, that explains a lot. I was so surprised that the audience didn't react to it at all, but yeah, this way it was more poignant. They used a lot silent moments in this episode, those are really powerful in a sitcom.

• Like 3

For me it is off putting as well that Amy asked to be his GF again, but I honestly was not looking at it from Sheldon's POV because I think that mainly the split is Sheldon's fault. However Amy trying to get back with him without them speaking about their issues makes no sense to me whatsoever. IMO it makes the whole split pointless and purely a writing exercise. I also agree that the split should be take care ASAP because at this point they've made it last do long that I'm starting to loose interest in its resolution. I'm not a Shamy, so the opinions of some Shamy shippers might differ from mine, but I believe we would all want to see them together again even if for different reasons. Btw I'm dying for the writers to show Amy's POV. It sort of feels as if they're telling 1/2 the story. I would, however like for the reconciliation to be realistic, and not pulled out of their behinds.

Oh you guys are brave. I'd never be able to do chat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm curious, if after seeing tonight's episode and Sheldon's version of the break up in his eyes (as skewed as some of it might be) do you feel any differently about how much he should own during the break up (not so much the first episode but the rest of it). Seeing Amy kind of move on with the dating/ kissing while seeing Sheldon destroyed had me pissed to be honest. I know it was just an emotional reaction to seeing what the break up did to Sheldon, and Amy's seemingly self involved behavior through it all ( how else can u sum it up when the writers give you very little to see from her POV), but I'm wondering how a non Shamy fan looks at it now that Sheldon's POV post break up is shown....

Sheldon wasn't crying or wallowing in dispair, but he did seem resigned and I didn't get the feeling he was like throwing up his hands saying "oh well".  He was still pouting and unhappy. 

yes exactly. He lost, like in lost everything. Continuing "the good fight" isn't an option anymore, and he looks like the guy who now realizes he has to recover and rebuild. Not gleefully, mind you, but in a way that allows him to just survive it. He's drained, tired, and done....

• Like 3

This exactly, very beautifully written. I now understand more of his action in the next episodes. He's just trying to find a way to move on. Like you said, to Sheldon, there's nothing left to fight for. 

After seeing this episode, I don't think the writers will take Sheldon back to way he used to be. To me it seemed like he finally admitted that he is a human being with feelings and no matter how much he tries, he can't escape from them. 

• Like 8

be prepared, I didn't think Sheldon's meltdown would be as dark as it was. And his observation of the kiss? I almost wished he went thermal nuclear as opposed to that sad resignation he showed as he turned and faded away....

• Like 3

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic