The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

I'm upset that they decided to break shamy up this way but I am interested in how tptb are going to fix this because right now from what I see there is a lot of fixing needing for both of them to be in the same place

While I'm not happy with what happened to Shamy at least the breakup still has the "Sheldon" and "Amy" identity in it. Sheldon didn't turn full "mushy" with his initial attempt to win back Amy and Amy didn't let the issue be resolved that quick despite Sheldon's persistence. That would spell r-u-s-h-e-d to me, and I'm already irritated with the treatment of the other couple who was obviously rushed.

Edited by Chelle
  • Like 5

While I'm not happy with what happened to Shamy at least the breakup still has the "Sheldon" and "Amy" identity in it. Sheldon didn't turn full "mushy" with his initial attempt to win back Amy and Amy didn't let the issue be resolved that quick despite Sheldon's persistence. That would spell r-u-s-h-e-d to me, and I'm already irritated with the treatment of the other couple who was obviously rushed.

Yes, I would hate for Sheldon to turn mushy. Too many fanfic writers do that to him and it annoys me quite a bit. Of course since it's all fanfiction there's nothing wrong with it but the sappy stuff does kinda prevent me from fully enjoying the story.

• Like 2

Wait they broke up for real??Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

Where's the taping report?I'm freaking out

taping report is in S9 discussion thread

Wait they broke up for real??Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

Where's the taping report?I'm freaking out

[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9

Kazzie posted it around page 27 or 28

• Like 1

This season I think they will be together on episode 16 more or less. Shamy need "action" and they need think about themselves... they will be separate but i think we will see kisses althought they arent together

This season I think they will be together on episode 16 more or less. Shamy need "action" and they need think about themselves... they will be separate but i think we will see kisses althought they arent together

Because they just can't help themselves :icon_wink:

Edited by Luna18
  • Like 2

Yes, I would hate for Sheldon to turn mushy. Too many fanfic writers do that to him and it annoys me quite a bit. Of course since it's all fanfiction there's nothing wrong with it but the sappy stuff does kinda prevent me from fully enjoying the story.

I appreciate these fanfic writers' version of Sheldon. I wouldn't appreciate it though if the TV Sheldon would turn full "mushy" - the hearts,flowers,chocolates,jumbotron,and surprises kind of guy. I wouldn't appreciate it either if the TV Sheldon will go on full flirt or playboy mode just to get back at Amy; I hope the writers wouldn't treat it like how Sheldon was when he invited Bill Nye the Science Guy just to get back at Professor Proton.

That said, TV Sheldon's version of being "mushy" is letting his guard down and declaring his emotions ("I love you too", "If I’m going to a barren, lifeless environment where the chances for survival are slim to none, I want you there with me.") or demonstrating his emotions in an awkward way (his jealousy of Zack and Stuart) which is fine by me, and I've loved ever since the Shamy began. Still, there are some episodes that I wanted to beat up Sheldon with a sack of potatoes, him being blunt bordering on being a jerk (and when I'm not in the mood to understand him being himself lol).

Edited by Chelle
  • Like 7

While I'm not happy that they fully broke up this sets Sheldon up to "step up" and show Amy how he truly feels. She knows he loves her but this will allow him to express how he feels about everything and possibly make some changes, once it fully sets in (in Sheldon's mind) that they're broken up. This will also allow Amy to express how she feels about everything that has taken place in their relationship and possibly make some changes as well. 

Edited by KayMarie
  • Like 3

As for the timing, it can be...the 16th or 17th episode is the 200th for the show, I thought that on that episode we would see Lenny's wedding, but now it may be a Shamy episode as well...I don't think, instead, that we will see too much kissing before to they make up (hopefully...at this point I don't know anymore...) If Sheldon can't handle the idea of being on a break (due to the uncertainty of the situation), I can't see him kissing Amy while they are broken up. He would not understand what's going on. While I think he hit puberty  last season so now he cares for kissing and this stuff, I also think he is perfectly capable to control himself, especially now that he has been hurt and for sure he is thinking that living as he used to do before meeting Amy was not that bad...I think we will see for some time the Sheldon of Season 2 or 3...

Edited by mirs1

While this situation with Sheldon and Amy isn't ideal, and most of us didn't see it coming, we have to look at the big picture and where this could lead to. The people behind these characters are talented and experienced writers who have an idea in mind for how they want the season - not the premiere - to pan out. You have to take the good with the bad.

All couples experiences bumps in their relationships, but that doesn't mean they break up for good. The issue with Shamy is that there is an underlining problem of a lack of emotional communication and until they discuss it openly they can't move forward to engagement, marriage, children, etc. A break or a break up allows for this necessary growth in their emotional connection to happen.

Let's see where it goes and not slam the writers - who are only doing their job (creating interest and sparking discussion) - before we all see the premiere and the several episodes that follow it. Taping reports, no matter how comprehensive, don't convey the tone used or the delivery by the actors, which is where we will see the writers' vision most.

• Like 6

I wonder what those of you that expect Sheldon to "step up", expect from Amy?

I think the better question is, how do we expect Sheldon to "step up" after Amy dropped the b-bomb, because it's obvious that Sheldon's Operation:Win Amy Back part 1 didn't work and even complicated things.

I think the better question is, how do we expect Sheldon to "step up" after Amy dropped the b-bomb, because it's obvious that Sheldon's Operation:Win Amy Back part 1 didn't work and even complicated things.

Well I personally hope he doesn't, since to me it's not up to him.
But I have no idea what will happen next.

The only "out" I see is for one of them to change completely...

Well I personally hope he doesn't, since to me it's not up to him.But I have no idea what will happen next.

I haven't really paid attention but did you just change your sig after the report of the premiere? :icon_biggrin:

Well I personally hope he doesn't, since to me it's not up to him.But I have no idea what will happen next.

The Shamy romantic relationship went kaput... and if both won't "step up" on it, it will be no different as to the Leonard-Sheldon friendship dynamic.

I don´t see SHAMY appart for more than 5 episodes. The writers know people like SHAMY doing things together.

They know SHAMY is loved by millions, but together. May be they involve another guy, but not as Amy´s date or boyfriend. Just one trying to hit her and using him to get Sheldon jealous and as a catalyst to fight for his woman! Frankly, i don´t see Amy kissing and making our with another man!

• Like 2

I haven't really paid attention but did you just change your sig after the report of the premiere? :icon_biggrin:

Yes I did ;)

I don´t see SHAMY appart for more than 5 episodes. The writers know people like SHAMY doing things together.

They know SHAMY is loved by millions, but together. May be they involve another guy, but not as Amy´s date or boyfriend. Just one trying to hit her and using him to get Sheldon jealous and as a catalyst to fight for his woman! Frankly, i don´t see Amy kissing and making our with another man!

I really hope they won't go that boring, been there done that route.

• Like 2

It's great that you are so positive but I wouldn't use the argument that the writers wonldn't extend this break up because of Shamy's popularity. I think they are happy that people love Shamy but the writers have a story to tell and they will tell it their way and won't take into accound what fans say. 

If that's his idea of winning her back, I dread to think what he might try next.

• Like 2

Okay I have had time to sleep on it and wow it just made me angrier. 

I stand by my view that the break at the end of season 8 was completely ill timed and unnecessary, but you know I still thought the writers could potentially do something with it and have it lead to an honest conversation between Sheldon and Amy about their emotional and physical desires. 

Wow did the writers screw everything up. 

Sheldon is utterly heartbroken and I feel for him. He opened himself up to a relationship and changed himself and was trying, only for Amy to be indecisive about what she wants (which honestly is so frustrating because she has been prompting him about the same issues for years then suddenly decides to change all of her views wow okay). They destroyed and gutted him and I don't see how he will ever recover. I agree with Koops that he will isolate himself, a regression to a former state. 

I never thought I would ever despise or dislike Amy ever, but wow I actually can't stand her right now. Sheldon has been trying for her all year and yeah he has said some stupid shit over the years but come on. I understood that she wanted a break to think things through and I was semi okay with that and was just starting to wrap my head around it. But wow for her to break up with him, that relationship is now toxic.

What once was a couple who trusted each other, now are two separate parties who despise each other. What's really sad is that Sheldon will never trust Amy again. He thought he could open up to her and let it all out with her, but now she's broken his heart and he doesn't know what to do. It makes me so sad and angry to see how my once favorite OTP in the whole world is becoming a chore to watch. 

I thought I was done after the s6 shitfest but wow this may actually be the tipping point. They have the two main couples at each other's throats, so they've essentially written themselves into a corner here. Sheldon can't be in the same room as Amy and if this turns into some revenge shit, then wow the writers have hit a new low (I can't say I have any trust in the writers anyways but that would still be a new low) 

I also agree that it sounds like a two-parter. God I hope so, I need Lenny to be annulled, Leonard shipped off somewhere and Penny to find someone who actually appreciates her and isn't a complete asswipe. 

I can't see them dragging out all this drama for that long. They can't or else what the hell are they going to write about? Stuart? Seriously I know we have Raj/Emily and Howard/Bernadette but the main ships are why people watch and if they are at odds, then there's nothing.

One last point and then I'm done I swear, if Amy starts dating again (and she probably will, I mean the writers man, they hate us) I don't see how she will ever be apart of the group again besides girls night or whatever. And that makes me so angry that they would ruin the group dynamic, which is amazing in its own right. 

Anyways, I love Shamy but I was a Sheldon fan first and I stand by him. I hate that I have to choose sides but if I have to, it's going to be him. 

The snipe at lenny is uneccessary. He made one mistake. But wht eight years of appreciation and devotion to Penny and that jerk sudenly goes away. Leonard marrying Penny prooves hes commited. Im sorry Shamys not working out, but having a pety shot at a couple despite their problems are on the same page is ridiclous. How can you Sheldon fans defend this guy aftee the things he said were so cruel? Worser then what hes done to her for four seasons. Stop protecting the guy, tell it like it is. Hes a selfish, arrogant jerk whp mistreats Amy. And she finnally grew a backbone, sorry its true. 

The snipe at lenny is uneccessary. He made one mistake. But wht eight years of appreciation and devotion to Penny and that jerk sudenly goes away. Leonard marrying Penny prooves hes commited. Im sorry Shamys not working out, but having a pety shot at a couple despite their problems are on the same page is ridiclous. How can you Sheldon fans defend this guy aftee the things he said were so cruel? Worser then what hes done to her for four seasons. Stop protecting the guy, tell it like it is. Hes a selfish, arrogant jerk whp mistreats Amy. And she finnally grew a backbone, sorry its true. 

It's your opinion, that hardly makes it true!

• Like 2

Lionne!!  Where are you??!!  I need your input and excellent wording on how I feel about this!!  You seem to put into words exactly how I feel and reading all of these comments is making my stomach twist into knots.  Your posts always seem to make me feel better because it's just how I feel about it but worded so much better then what I would say!