• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• April

• A Shamy gal

• jenafan

• Amy Fowler

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morning peeps! Let me clear up and give a more in depth shamy reportings!   There were 2 takes of the second kiss... As they finish kissing the first time round. They break apart. Sheld

Ok fellow Shamies, I typed up this report on the plane home just now. I've just landed and have another hour or so until I'll be home, but I thought I'd post this at least for you all real quick.  Sor

Oh...I thought someone has already posted a TR? No? Ok. First of all, English is not my first language, so I may have misunderstood a lot of the lines. Please forgive me if the episode turns out

Posted Images

I think that was more of a reference to this break up stuff. I mean he was going to propose, twice for God's sake. This is just he being hurt, I bet that Dave thing really broke him. Now he'll do anything to make the pain go away. And luckily we know how this is going to end anyway.

Yeah, I know.  Still, heartbreaking.

In Russia, you're the fictional character's problem!
-Russian reversal

Btw, what is this? Whipped cream?

I presumed it was hot chocolate with whipped creme on top yes but I'm not sure :)

How many hours till the taping now?

My strong 'expect nothing' resolve is fading by the second! Might just go to bed lol!

• Like 2

I presumed it was hot chocolate with whipped creme on top yes but I'm not sure :)

How many hours till the taping now?

My strong 'expect nothing' resolve is fading by the second! Might just go to bed lol!

Well, for me the TR just comes out around 3 am, so there's much time until there. 

I think nothing special will happen, bad or good, so I'm not worried right now.

• Like 1

About the sneak peek, I think Sheldon says he could more focus in work with an other lady because : 

- He misses Amy, and thinks about her, so he can't do a good work/focus on work.

- Amy will not come back (he saw her with a man, he is resigned and he know it's over) so he must find a woman to "fill the gap" and hopefully he could focus on work again

I think it is his opinion.

But the scene with Howard and Raj?  "A flavorless lump of sadness"?  Heart.broken.  Again.

I think it is about how it ended and the pain he feels.

Okaaaay, since I saw this ^ I've kept telling myself to stay rational and calm, but it's been almost impossible! I'm freaking out :girlwerewolf:

I like the idea of SW costumes, it would be amazing! And even if it did, maybe it could be an ensemble  episode with just a little hint of Shamy (and I would be fine with it), but what if it were a huge Shamy one? I'm so trying not to raise my expectations, also because I have to wait until tomorrow morning to get some news... How am I supposed to sleep??? Sometimes being European really sucks :angry:

tumblr_nugum7hx7X1uo1t0xo1_500.thumb.gif      LOL

I hope we won't be like this after the TR:

tumblr_m7ye3wZ40s1rr72xvo1_500.thumb.gif

But more like:

thankyou.thumb.gif.512c17b6a211050aa4b81   and    tumblr_nmo3oncKoI1sp0cpeo9_500.thumb.gif

OMG, I think I need help :help: xD

• Like 5

Okaaaay, since I saw this ^ I've kept telling myself to stay rational and calm, but it's been almost impossible! I'm freaking out :girlwerewolf:

I like the idea of SW costumes, it would be amazing! And even if it did, maybe it could be an ensemble  episode with just a little hint of Shamy (and I would be fine with it), but what if it were a huge Shamy one? I'm so trying not to raise my expectations, also because I have to wait until tomorrow morning to get some news... How am I supposed to sleep??? Sometimes being European really sucks :angry:

OMG, I think I need help :help: xD

NO! it's a trap!

Do not under any circumstances get your hopes up!! 

Every time we do we are crushed from a height :( 

• Like 5

He is obviously making up nonsense...but it still hurts...and he is still too much the old Sheldon...the part with Howard and Raj is really bad, the worst of them all! I don't know..I feel really strange right now! 

Those sneak peeks about killed me.

I am not looking forward to this episode at all.   I would skip it, except like Sheldon, I need to see the entire story.

I think Sheldon has gone from one extreme to the other.    My husband and I were talking about it, and he says that Sheldon is in an "I'll show you mood."  If Amy is intent on moving on, then he is out to show her he can do the same.   So, in a sense, his behavior is his way of telling her to go to H***.   He is isn't going to sit back and wallow in sorrow while she's out having fun with someone else, but his heart is really not in it.    

I still don't get Penny.   She commends Sheldon for looking for another female companion, and then she is helping Amy with dressing for her date with Dave.   What gives?   She is not interfering at all.

• Like 6

I think it's a pre-taped scene. If the taping is today, why would she have "too much hair product" one day before, just for an rehearsal? Doesn't make much sense.

I'm not falling in this trap again...I guess.

They do a full dress rehearsal on Mondays.

• Like 1

Full dress, hair and make up? Wow.

They need to see it before they film it live, so yes.

But the also pre-tape on Monday, so either way Mayim would have been in full hair, make-up and costume at some point on Monday.

I still don't get Penny.   She commends Sheldon for looking for another female companion, and then she is helping Amy with dressing for her date with Dave.   What gives?   She is not interfering at all.

I guess we don't know what conversations Lenny have had. Leonard might have said something to her about keeping her mouth shut about the ring. Or they might just be relying on the fact Shamy will get back together of their own accord. Though its bizarre that she's not even trying to stop either or them from moving on when they clearly still love each other.

Full dress, hair and make up? Wow.

Oh yeah everything. They have to make sure all the timings (actors getting ready, new camera set ups, scene changes etc.) are worked out so that by tonight it runs like clock work

Einstein your sig is amazing!

• Like 1

NO! it's a trap!

Do not under any circumstances get your hopes up!! 

Every time we do we are crushed from a height :( 

To quote Sheldon:

tumblr_inline_narj9iPH0o1r2pbzf.thumb.gi  :icon_cheesygrin:

BTW, I think you have a point... Thank you for your wise advice :)

P.S. Have you noticed our signatures contain the same quote from Robert Fulghum? Great minds think alike! :derisive:

• Like 2

I’m nervous about Thursday too, but I am cautiously optimistic about the friendship rekindling we get soon thereafter. It could allow Sheldon to show his desire for Amy without being obligated by maintaining the status quo or conforming to social convention in a relationship just to keep Amy in his life. This could prove to Amy where his heart is really at. And Star Wars is called “The Force Awakens” for Pete’s sake. Surely the significance won’t go un-utilized by the writers!

I’ve been thinking more about Amy’s motivations in all this. I’ve been super frustrated with her characterization – not noticing how far Sheldon has come for her, snapping at a harmless comment, and not giving him the courtesy of explaining her point of view. But I also remember that line in her Little House fan fic about being afraid to know whether his heart was beating as fast as hers. I feel like that was her key insecurity in the relationship and the thing she was so afraid to ask. I think she thinks about Sheldon all the time – like a person in love - and wants some assurance that Sheldon might be starting to approach that realm too. She did ask him during their make out. “Are you thinking about me?” And he effectively said no - not once but twice. So she missed all his physical and subliminal signals of leaning in for more and discussing commitment and instead listened to just what he said and felt supremely rejected. I could see how this could be really frustrating in the wake of feeling like you’ve been making such progress only to be dealt a new blow that makes you feel like you’re at square one.

As far as talking to Sheldon about what he did wrong. How do you tell someone that they need to desire you more? That’s kind of a difficult one – even for Amy. Maybe she could have done that in season 5, but I feel like she's much more gun shy around this topic now. Maybe she felt like she couldn’t bring herself to tell him that she left because it seemed like he didn’t want her. And maybe Amy steeled herself to move on because she had to. I think anything he said to try and fix it, would have made her melt, and maybe she knows that, hence her previously cold demeanor. Perhaps she felt like he would only be going through the motions of fixing it.

It seems like she went on dates because she wanted to feel wanted. And maybe she got that, but realizes that it doesn’t matter. What she wants is to be wanted by Sheldon.

My other frustration has been the lack of POV from Amy. But it does occur to me that I think sometimes in the past, Amy’s POV about the relationship has been more clear to the audience than Sheldon’s. We knew how she felt about him, when she was upset & why. We heard her conversations with Penny and Bernadette. Even though Sheldon obviously always featured far more prominently in the episodes, his view point was not always clear. Did he experience any desire for Amy when he was taking care of her? Was he really considering a physical relationship? We, as audience members, were more often reading (and sometimes mis-reading) his subtle gestures looking for clues. Then BAM – he drops on us and Leonard/Penny that he is not ruling out a physical relationship. It was abundantly clear that Amy was in love with Sheldon, but we didn't really know he felt the same until he told both Amy & us at prom. Maybe that’s the route they will take with Amy. We get a reveal of her motivations at the same time Sheldon gets clued in about her feelings - for maximum impact.

Lots of questions still remain for me. Why does Amy want Sheldon back if she’s still unsure of his desire and commitment? Did she learn something new? Is she willing to settle for a platonic romance just to be with him? Did the writers just want to show that she’s as clunky and awkward with this relationship stuff as Sheldon? I don’t know. Just rambling and conjecturing, reflecting on some good debate recently, and hoping for some good stuff coming up from all of this:shy:

• Like 5

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic