The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

FAIRY DUST DEPLOYED.

You're welcome. 

THANK YOU FOR SPREADING THAT FAIRY DUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm actually crying like a fool reading all that went down!!!! OMG!!!! :party:

• Like 2

Learning that this episode is the 5th Anniversary of The Flaming Spittoon when Sheldon interrupted Amy's date with Stuart was an interesting factoid.   Here Sheldon is interrupting another one.

oh THAT'S RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO, was this intentional by the writers or a HAPPY accident???? I wonder!:kissing:

• Like 2

I don't know about Amy since they never showed her POV. But Sheldon sure changed A LOT because of the breakup. Like HUGE changes.

He acknowledged that he had emotions just like everyone else. He doubted Spock. He realized Amy had made him a better person. He began to see how amazing Amy was and how she made his life so much better. He knew he ignored Amy a lot in the past. He passionately made out with Amy (THREE TIMES and in front of other people). And he's willing to take risks  to get hurt all over again instead of crawling into a hole and hide like the old Sheldon because Amy is worth the risks.

That's like more changes for Sheldon than the 8 seasons combined. So with this new, "true-to-his-feelings" Sheldon, I don't think there's much left to resolve in their relationship.

Exactly! Especially with the bold part - what kind of talk would we even get at this point? Amy saying something like "well, my problems were X, Y and Z!" and he'd just reply "I know. I know. I know!" because he seems to have figured all of that out already over the course of the season and for all intends and purposes they seem on the same page now.

• Like 6

She can change her pic....I just wouldn't put Shamy in an unbroken heart just yet. LOL 

see... that's why I never changed my profile pic since May... I knew they would eventually get back together ( just didn't expect it this soon AND HOT!!!!) 

WONDER WHAT HAPPENS AFTER AMY KICKS THE DOOR CLOSED!!! (how many fan fics have we read that has one of the two kicking that door shut! AND I'm glad it's at Amy's apartment!!!!)

• Like 4

If this episode ison December 3rd that the best and I mean BEST birthday present EVER !!!!!!

Oh my God so much emotion !!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Just read kiss was open mouthed and required 7 takes !!!! 

Soopysue! Where did you read THIS?!?!

:icon_eek: What a juicy little detail :icon_razz:

• Like 1

If this episode ison December 3rd that the best and I mean BEST birthday present EVER !!!!!!

Oh my God so much emotion !!!!!!!!!

I don't want to ruin your birthday...but I think I read somewhere that this is airing on the 12th. ( sorry :(  )

but happy early birthday to you!!!! 

=======================================================================================================

by the way ... this is me right now!!!!:brunette:

Edited by kelliluvtbbt
  • Like 1

I don't want to ruin your birthday...but I think I read somewhere that this is airing on the 12th. ( sorry :(  )

It'll air Dec 10th!

• Like 3

Soopysue! Where did you read THIS?!?!

:icon_eek: What a juicy little detail :icon_razz:

It is on the comments section in the Facebook taping report spoilers page !!!!! . I know right ! Lucky Mayim :) 

PS why do we not get an increase in our likes on special days like this :) !!!! I need more, there's so much to like, I've got none left !

Edited by Soopysue
  • Like 3

And a special shoutout to Monique, April & Jenna.  You guys have been with me from the finale till now with our overall hopes & trusts in the writers.  We never doubted it and the payoff to me seems worth it!  

Aww, come 'ere! <3

GGhug.thumb.gif.039971f2694eabf5cd6b2d40

Edited by April
  • Like 5

I know most of you will probably call me crazy or maybe even stupid, but I'm not happy with the way this break up was resolved. None of their issues were addressed, they didn't talk, they just missed each other. Sheldon was pretty adamant on the last tapping saying that he can't go through this again. Amy on the other hand was just settling for Dave so she wouldn't be alone, even after she was completely tuned off by his Sheldon obsession. 

In the end, I love that they're back together, but I can't shake the feeling that this was all for nothing, seeing as they're pretty much on the same place as before. 

This 1000%

Some of us have been expecting this turn out for a while, sad it came true.

• Like 3

It is on the comments section in the Facebook taping report spoilers page !!!!! . I know right ! Lucky Mayim :) 

PS why do we not get an increase in our likes on special days like this :) !!!! I need more, there's so much to like, I've got none left !

Oh my, I did not know there was an FB TR page lol.

I feel the taping audience must have gone absolutely ca-RAE-zy from seeing all those kisses hehe.

Anyway, I am soooo beyond overjoyed that we get such positive Shamy news before the month long taping hiatus!!! Christmas has truly come early and nothing my parents get me will come close to what Santa Molaro and co. has just given us :D

I can understand why some people are disappointed and that's completely fine. As happy as this TR has made me, I don't feel that this is a perfect episode by any means.

But regardless, its given me more than enough cuteness to stay on a happy cloud of feels that'll get me through this upcoming hiatus. And then when I watch the actual episode I'll just head straight to Shamy Heaven cuz that's where shippers who have died from too many feels go :icon_razz:

I think I've escaped this breakup with my shipper heart relatively intact. My trust in the writers is slowly being restored :yes: Lets see if it can go back to being 100%!

But anyway, I guess I won't find out till next month because I'll be going back to being spoiler-free.

Oh BTW I forgot to add 2 things to my last post:

1. ALL HAIL THE SHAMY SHIPPER KING DAAAAAAAAVVVVVEEEEEE!

I LOVE THAT MAN <3

2. happy-dance.gif

• Like 8

Wow, just WOW!  I am still n a stat of pure bliss this AM.  This is truly better than I imagined.  

I always trusted the writers and never doubted them.  Said it would be fixed by end of sweep...ok so I'm 1 episode off...Not too bad.  

While I'm not surprised some aren't happy, thats to be expected. I thought it sounded like perfection.  True we don't get 100% in Amy heads, we know from the Aquarium that she openly admits she misses him and wants him back.  She isn't "totally" digging dating but going through the motions as she doesn't want to be alone and was sorta rejected not once but twice this season by Sheldon (when he said he asked out girls and then the just be friends remark).  So do I blame her, absolutely not.  If she didn't tell him the episode before she wanted back in I would be hating on her, but that didn't happen.  The writers did a stella job on building on each block here.

For Sheldon growth, you could go on and on.  Its been huge how organically they changed him.  Last week we see him reconize he has feelings, now he can completely express them to Amy openly & from the heart in his own way.  He told her in Aquarium he knows she deserves better, last night he tells her he appreciates all she did for him.  And those song lyrics, PERFECTION..

and then the make-out.  I always said the Shenny kiss is foreshadowing and it sounds like I was right.  The barriers are down now, these two have no reserves about moving forward with all aspects of their romantic life together.  Sure there will always be hiccups but they are 100% on an even playing field in all aspects now.  Its not believable to see engagement, living together, sex, and eventual marriage in their future. 

Whats been the hardest part of this break was seeing so much pain and confusion in my friends eyes.  I hated it actually.  I'm so happy to have Shamy peace again.  I love my Shamy friends and this community and seeing such divides was eating me up inside.  

And a special shoutout to Monique, April & Jenna.  You guys have been with me from the finale till now with our overall hopes & trusts in the writers.  We never doubted it and the payoff to me seems worth it!  

In the words of Susana "Shamy is MAGIC"

SO glad such a special forum member & great friend got to see this live all play out!  

so guess Santa is back huh...Thanks Steve!

and fanfic writers...get to work PLEASE.  you've been lacking in the Shamy believable Smut lately...now you have PURE gold to go off of when that door closes....I expect EPIC M fics please lol

Awww, love you Kerry ♡♡♡. It's been wonderful reading everything you have to say and it was definitely refreshing knowing there were others like me out there who kept that faith that the writers know what they're doing,  etc.

Anyhoo, I know many of us have been screaming "discussion! discussion!" since the beginning and I personally, still want at least a little discussion between the two at some point but I also agree with Camell and April who made an excellent point that it was just as rewarding to see Sheldon come up with the answers on his own of how he screwed up and a relationship and tell Amy this. He can't always be spoon fed the answers. 

Ohhh, gosh.....I'm so happy.....

• Like 9

I have to say that I truly hope Dave (even though he's fictional and we'll probably never see him again) finds the love of his life. He deserves it. Haha!

yes please! I genuinely feel for him! And he's our hero right now. Without him we wouldn't have got a juicey ass kiss

.I expect EPIC M fics please lol

don't you worry Hun, there will probably be a mass influx tonight I'm sure of it 

• Like 4

Awww, love you Kerry ♡♡♡. It's been wonderful reading everything you have to say and it was definitely refreshing knowing there were others like me out there who kept that faith that the writers know what they're doing,  etc.

Anyhoo, I know many of us have been screaming "discussion! discussion!" since the beginning and I personally, still want at least a little discussion between the two at some point but I also agree with Camell and April who made an excellent point that it was just as rewarding to see Sheldon come up with the answers on his own of how he screwed up and a relationship and tell Amy this. He can't always be spoon fed the answers. 

Ohhh, gosh.....I'm so happy.....

They may still have same sort of discussion, even if it's just as someone said Amy starting to explain and Sheldon saying I know, I know.  Maybe an admission from Amy that she hadn't wanted to break up with him in the first place but he made her so mad and him agreeing and apologising for that probably wouldn't go amiss either.  And maybe an apology from Amy for not telling him sooner and then them agreeing that they will tell each other if something is wrong or bothering them because neither want to got through that again.

I think the most important thing though, is that Sheldon's worked it out for himself without any help from anyone.

• Like 5

I know most of you will probably call me crazy or maybe even stupid, but I'm not happy with the way this break up was resolved. None of their issues were addressed, they didn't talk, they just missed each other. Sheldon was pretty adamant on the last tapping saying that he can't go through this again. Amy on the other hand was just settling for Dave so she wouldn't be alone, even after she was completely tuned off by his Sheldon obsession. 

In the end, I love that they're back together, but I can't shake the feeling that this was all for nothing, seeing as they're pretty much on the same place as before. 

I get where your coming from. But now that Sheldon's had this realisation that actually Amy is his life, maybe that'll lead on to the long over due talk they need to have? They got caught in the heat of the moment for the first time, well, ever really. They'll be talking to come I hope. It would have been way to heavy  to have them talk it out BEFORE they got back together. It'll come I know it will. It needs to happen for them to progress as a happy, healthy couple.

In terms of Dave. She wasn't settling. Now that she had that closure from Sheldon saying he didn't want her as his gf anymore she thought 'ok time to move on and try something new' so she called Dave up. I think she genuinely liked him. But not in the way she likes Sheldon. As it took time for her to love Sheldon she probably thought that would be the way with Dave so now the Sheldon door was shut she thought she'd try and make it work

And as I said in the chat, she may have found his connection to Sheldon comforting. Having that gf door closed by Sheldon she probably felt like she was victim to a loved one dying, she had to grieve because she didn't when she broke it off. 

We all know that the break up happened to keep viewers. So you are right, it was pointless. But it needed to happen. Sheldon would still be saying he was a Vulcan right now

Edited by Amy Fowler
  • Like 6

I hate the quote function so.... Kerry consider it done smut is a coming! Chiany giving you a virtual hug and I hope you can find something to love in Shamy again. Teletalk why would there be shame in Shamy shipping?

I am unbelievably happy right now! To me it was pure perfection! Sheldon who is not a fan of music with a song stuck in his head. Maybe Amy used to play it gor him.

Amy never wanted Dave even if Sheldon had not come yo his senses he would have been dumped. She was just sad and trying to move on.

those kisses sound epic! Omg I can not wait yo change my screensaver, my wallpaper, and my signiture!

Imagine the gifs that are gonna flood the internet! :icon_redface:

• Like 7