Jump to content

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9


Tensor
 Share

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, wowbagger said:

All right, which one of you wrote this episode?

Come on, don't play lily-white with me. The jig is up. One of you bitches was on the writing staff, subjected us to this nine episode long national nightmare, and then finally saw the light and said 'My babies are coming out of this with a happy ending if I have to burn the studio down to do it.'

I mean- reconciliation? Kissing? Three kisses? French kisses? Emotional declarations from Sheldon? Incredibly sappy ones? Songs that remind him of Amy? Homages to The Flaming Spittoon?

This episode was written, not just by a Shamy shipper, but a Shamy shipper going on a bloody rampage. A Shamy shipper who bound and gagged Chuck Lorre, stuffed him into a basement, showed him a piece of paper and said 'Read this. This is a list of my demands. For every one of these not met, say goodbye to a body part.'

Although the Shamy haven't had sex against a wall/door/showerhead in this episode, so I'm assuming someone on the staff is missing at least a big toe.....

I can assure you it wasn't me.  I would have told more Amy's side.  Which probably means it would have lasted even longer.  :icon_wink:

Oh and there would have been a car crash!

Edited by A Shamy gal
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, wowbagger said:

All right, which one of you wrote this episode?

Come on, don't play lily-white with me. The jig is up. One of you bitches was on the writing staff, subjected us to this nine episode long national nightmare, and then finally saw the light and said 'My babies are coming out of this with a happy ending if I have to burn the studio down to do it.'

I mean- reconciliation? Kissing? Three kisses? French kisses? Emotional declarations from Sheldon? Incredibly sappy ones? Songs that remind him of Amy? Homages to The Flaming Spittoon?

This episode was written, not just by a Shamy shipper, but a Shamy shipper going on a bloody rampage. A Shamy shipper who bound and gagged Chuck Lorre, stuffed him into a basement, showed him a piece of paper and said 'Read this. This is a list of my demands. For every one of these not met, say goodbye to a body part.'

Although the Shamy haven't had sex against a wall/door/showerhead in this episode, so I'm assuming someone on the staff is missing at least a big toe.....

I'll take that as a: "I wasn't expecting that" LOL

As usual it's a delight to see your reaction to a TR, too bad koops and Lionne have been gone for a while. I would love their input as well.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, April said:

I just remembered this episode was written by the guys who gave us Fort Cozy McBlanket! And suddenly I'm not surprised anymore. lmao

And someone here said that but everyone was like not gonna happen, it doesn't mean anything. I love it when we're wrong about this kind of stuff. lol

Edited by bluebird
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, April said:

I just remembered this episode was written by the guys who gave us Fort Cozy McBlanket! And suddenly I'm not surprised anymore. lmao

Although (whisper it) Fort Cozy McBlanket sounds more adorable than this one. This one tipped over into parody, almost. I was torn between giggling in pleasure and-well- just giggling.

But whatever, man, whatever. I know that I will bring the roof down when this thing airs.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, wowbagger said:

Although (whisper it) Fort Cozy McBlanket sounds more adorable than this one. This one tipped over into parody, almost. I was torn between giggling in pleasure and-well- just giggling.

But whatever, man, whatever. I know that I will bring the roof down when this thing airs.

Maybe your Id wasn't the only one with a barrel of Cabernet Sauvignon to spare! ;)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, A Shamy gal said:

I can assure you it wasn't me.  I would have told more Amy's side.  Which probably means it would have lasted even longer.  :icon_wink:

Oh and there would have been a car crash!

It needn't have been longer to tell Amy's side more, just- better told. My personal opinion is that the suddenness of this development is the writers' way of saying 'yeah, we done goofed. We have no idea how we are going to keep this going in any sort of organic and creative fashion and still have it believable that these two will get back together. So whatevs, we'll have Sheldon make a third act declaration and have a British dude shout sense into them.'

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, wowbagger said:

It needn't have been longer to tell Amy's side more, just- better told. My personal opinion is that the suddenness of this development is the writers' way of saying 'yeah, we done goofed. We have no idea how we are going to keep this going in any sort of organic and creative fashion and still have it believable that these two will get back together. So whatevs, we'll have Sheldon make a third act declaration and have a British dude shout sense into them.'

That and also they were bored of it and realising that maybe the actors weren't enjoying it that much.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, pisquenta said:

I'll take that as a: "I wasn't expecting that" LOL

As usual it's a delight to see your reaction to a TR, too bad koops and Lionne have been gone for a while. I would love their input as well.

They're both thrilled that the Shamy are back together. Lio is more forgiving of the song than is koops. But yes, I quite agree, it would be wonderful to have their input.

2 minutes ago, Cherry said:

I wasn't torn between giggling with pleasure and just giggling. I was facepalming all along. But since I'm the only Shamy who's not on a pink cloud today, I'm just going to spend the rest of my Shamy life alone.

Cherry, give me a day. My superego is made of relatively stern stuff. If you can tolerate the occasional 'EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!', you needn't be alone.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What's weird is that I was having a dream right before I woke up about reading todays report with nothing but disappointment like all the others, then I woke up and read the actual report... Boy was I wayyyyy off... Literally been grinning all day listening to happy dapper love songs imagining those kisses in my head!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am probably in the minority here and I am prepared for ppl disagreeing or getting angry with this comment, but am I the only one who feels a bit conflicted on how to feel about the shamy reconciliation? I'm referring to HOW THEY GOT BACK TOGETHER. i dont want you guys to think that i dont want them together. Im just conflicted bc it happened so out of the blue after sheldon said he thought they should remain friends. My 2nd concern is we barely saw a story arc centered around amy's feelings about the breakup, and im a bit disappointed about that. They handled sheldon's transformation beautifly. Amy, on the other hand was barely shown. I wanted to see her POV on why she misses sheldon and what about him she loves. I dont know how i feel about them getting together so quickly after ep 9. It felt a bit rushed, but with that being said, i am happy they are back together in general. I just would have done their reconciliation differently i guess. 

Also I like how shamy gets back together in the one episode that I thought there was no chance for a reconciliation in. To clarify btw, I thought the reconcillation scene was beautiful, but that More should have happened before reaching that point.

Edited by katzinhatz1
  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, katzinhatz1 said:

I am probably in the minority here and I am prepared for ppl disagreeing or getting angry with this comment, but am I the only one who feels a bit conflicted on how to feel about the shamy reconciliation? I'm referring to HOW THEY GOT BACK TOGETHER. i dont want you guys to think that i dont want them together. Im just conflicted bc it happened so out of the blue after sheldon said he thought they should remain friends. My 2nd concern is we barely saw a story arc centered around amy's feelings about the breakup, and im a bit disappointed about that. They handled sheldon's transformation beautifly. Amy, on the other hand was barely shown. I wanted to see her POV on why she misses sheldon and what about him she loves. I dont know how i feel about them getting together so quickly after ep 9. It felt a bit rushed, but with that being said, i am happy they are back together in general. I just would have done their reconciliation differently i guess. 

You are not the only one at all. My mental breakdown was chronicled in the S9 discussion thread.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, katzinhatz1 said:

I am probably in the minority here and I am prepared for ppl disagreeing or getting angry with this comment, but am I the only one who feels a bit conflicted on how to feel about the shamy reconciliation? I'm referring to HOW THEY GOT BACK TOGETHER. i dont want you guys to think that i dont want them together. Im just conflicted bc it happened so out of the blue after sheldon said he thought they should remain friends. My 2nd concern is we barely saw a story arc centered around amy's feelings about the breakup, and im a bit disappointed about that. They handled sheldon's transformation beautifly. Amy, on the other hand was barely shown. I wanted to see her POV on why she misses sheldon and what about him she loves. I dont know how i feel about them getting together so quickly after ep 9. It felt a bit rushed, but with that being said, i am happy they are back together in general. I just would have done their reconciliation differently i guess. 

I think it became obvious pretty quickly they weren't going to show Amy's POV and the annoying thing is it would have been pretty easy to do just by  having her say something on girls night.  The point of the break up was Sheldon's growth and Amy was just a prop for that story, but as I said all along both sides should have been shown.  But it's done now and the important thing is we can now get on to the good stuff.

Edited by A Shamy gal
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.