[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Tensor

Just now, A Shamy gal said:

I think it became obvious pretty quickly they weren't going to show Amy's POV and the annoying thing is it would have been pretty easy to do just by  having her say something on girls night.  The point of the break up was Sheldon's growth and Amy was just a prop for that story, but as I said all along both sides should shown.

I was kinda hoping the aquarium episode would be the turning point of the breakup, and would explore the Amy POV, but instead they made the breakup one sided perspective wise. I still wanted to know what Amy loved about sheldon, considering that a lot of things Amy liked about sheldon early on kinda seemed to annoy her later. Jmo

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, stardustmelody said:

I would agree if we were seeing this as an actual full love story.   But in this case the story was only one-sided and all about Sheldon and his growth evidently. It was about Sheldon realizing the value of love and how to not only love, but respect another person.  We were not really privvy to or were supposed to be concerned with what it was that Amy was wanting and feeling evidently.   And if you look at it from that perspective, they did create a scenario for reunion that worked well with what they had written.   They broke Sheldon, made him resigned, but even if resigned to the breakup his heart could not mend.  He needed Amy.   Using a song for his epiphany I think was a bit of a unpredictable, but overall him coming to a realization, and acting on it immediately as soon as he realized he could be losing what was most important to him (Amy), and him going and getting her back, well I think that is kind of what we all had hoped he would do in the beginning, but he just took a while to get there.   In this case, though, it was sweet that he acted from his heart first, then his head took over and realized he was encroaching on Amy's evening and apologizes for it (being selfless here, even though it would have killed him had she not brought him back in, IMO), showing a new side to Amy that he has developed...putting her feelings first.   

Because the writers were focusing only on this being a Sheldon growth story and they chose not to reveal any of Amy's POV, I do think this sort of reunion is very in keeping with where they wanted to get to and how they wanted to unite them.   

I agree with you on the sheldon part. They nailed it, and did an amazing job with showing his dedication to Amy. I also get that the main point of the breakup was to have sheldon show that amy was his first priority, but I still wish we had at least one episode exploring Amy's POV and why sheldon mattered to her so much. I wasn't asking for a full season to show this, but at least one episode

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, katzinhatz1 said:

I agree with you on the sheldon part. They nailed it, and did an amazing job with showing his dedication to Amy. I also get that the main point of the breakup was to have sheldon show that amy was his first priority, but I still wish we had at least one episode exploring Amy's POV and why sheldon mattered to her so much. I wasn't asking for a full season to show this, but at least one episode

I understand, and I agree it would have made for a more "full" story and honestly would have made the entire thing make far more sense through this process because it got to be quite weighed down with us beginning to question her and what she wanted and did she still love him, etc.   I think they played it in a way that was a disservice to her character in many ways and that is frustrating.  But the fact she did ask to get back together before this episode helps, even if that was clumsily done as well (sort of out of the blue).   So yeah...I hear you.  I was just explaining why the "reunion" wasn't out of line with the rest of the story when you understood it was very much and always was a one-sided story.

We got a very romantic reunion and all, but I do think that over the weeks we will see conversations occur between them that will help reveal more of the story (or at least I hope).   But I do think Sheldon will want to secure her as "his" by proposing as soon as possible first and once they are engaged I think conversations will begin.

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, katzinhatz1 said:

You know the perfect opportunity for showing something like that could be just before the wedding and she gets the jitters over getting married and she talks to Penny and Bernadette about how she feels etc.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, katzinhatz1 said:

I was kinda hoping the aquarium episode would be the turning point of the breakup, and would explore the Amy POV, but instead they made the breakup one sided perspective wise. I still wanted to know what Amy loved about sheldon, considering that a lot of things Amy liked about sheldon early on kinda seemed to annoy her later. Jmo

I'm still hoping that the un aired episodes might explain her POV a bit more than the taping reports have implied!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stardustmelody said:

I don't know if the things she likes about him annoyed her as much as the fact he seemed to leave her out of a lot of his life and that included important decisions.  Also he didn't seem to take her wishes into account.  He was selfish and not looking at their relationship as an equal give and take.   So when that happens, when you feel devalued in your relationship, even things you love about a person suddenly turn to be annoyances...but those annoyances turn back to being fun and exciting to you when you are treated as if cherished, loved and respected.  I think she will find those things cute again.

That's a pretty good point tbh. I kinda assumed b4 that the annoyances came from Amy developing as a character, but I think your explanation makes more sense I never really thought of it that way b4. I just thought it would be nice to see what drove Amy to be willing to give sheldon a second chance. Here is my big question. What changed between episode 8 and 9 that had Amy wanting to spend time/be his gf again? I am talking about even before she goes to the aquarium with him. Like what made her say yes to the aquarium date? The previous episodes have proven to me that she wouldn't have gone. Maybe I'm thinking too deeply about this

1 hour ago, wowbagger said:

All right, which one of you wrote this episode?

Come on, don't play lily-white with me. The jig is up. One of you bitches was on the writing staff, subjected us to this nine episode long national nightmare, and then finally saw the light and said 'My babies are coming out of this with a happy ending if I have to burn the studio down to do it.'

I mean- reconciliation? Kissing? Three kisses? French kisses? Emotional declarations from Sheldon? Incredibly sappy ones? Songs that remind him of Amy? Homages to The Flaming Spittoon?

This episode was written, not just by a Shamy shipper, but a Shamy shipper going on a bloody rampage. A Shamy shipper who bound and gagged Chuck Lorre, stuffed him into a basement, showed him a piece of paper and said 'Read this. This is a list of my demands. For every one of these not met, say goodbye to a body part.'

Although the Shamy haven't had sex against a wall/door/showerhead in this episode, so I'm assuming someone on the staff is missing at least a big toe.....

I would say it was me, but I would have chosen a different song for Sheldon's earworm...

• Like 4

I know people are disappointed because we didn't really see Amy's point of view. It's just a cold fact that she's not the main character and this break up was mostly about Sheldon's growth. That happens.. Before Howardette got engage, Bernie was about to break up with him. We got nothing from Bernie's POV, I still don't know why she wanted to break up. And then Howard proposes to her and she just says yes. 

Anyways, I'm just going to be happy about this! This whole episode was more than I could've hoped for. I give the writers credit for doing it so well. I knew that what ever they'll do, someone isn't going to happy. I'm totally happy with this so I shall go back to my hippy-dippy-Shamy-loveland!

Edited by bluebird
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, katzinhatz1 said:

That's a pretty good point tbh. I kinda assumed b4 that the annoyances came from Amy developing as a character, but I think your explanation makes more sense I never really thought of it that way b4. I just thought it would be nice to see what drove Amy to be willing to give sheldon a second chance. Here is my big question. What changed between episode 8 and 9 that had Amy wanting to spend time/be his gf again? I am talking about even before she goes to the aquarium with him. Like what made her say yes to the aquarium date? The previous episodes have proven to me that she wouldn't have gone. Maybe I'm thinking too deeply about this

Simply put, I think Amy's dating attempts were half hearted and she was just going through the motions...and as time passed she was missing Sheldon more and more (you just don't stop loving someone that quickly-- he didnt cheat on her or do anything heinous)..his idiotic behavior that led to the break up was softened over time and Amy probably second guessed her break up and chalked it up to an emotional outburst she regretted. Evidence of this is shown in the aquarium episode where she tells Sheldon she missed "this", and the fact that she wants to be his GF without any conditions supports that her break up was a mistake that she wanted to undo. 

Edited by 2L344
  • Like 8

I just hope they don't make Shamy a hippy dippy couple or in a relationship almost centred on making out/sex. Yeah, I'm at the extremes: I complain if there's no Shamy and I complain if they do too much Shamy. 

Make them normal, make them show affection in a normal way, like couples do. I know this is not a normal relationship, but I'd like to see it, naturally.

And why Sheldon was listening to Beach Boys?

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, bluebird said:

I know people are disappointed because we didn't really see Amy's point of view. It's just a cold fact that she's not the main character and this break up was mostly about Sheldon's growth. That happens.. Before Howardette got engage, Bernie was about to break up with him. We got nothing from Bernie's POV, I still don't know why she wanted to break up. And then Howard proposes to her and she just says yes. 

Anyways, I'm just going to be happy about this! This whole episode was more than I could've hoped for. I give the writers credit for doing it so well. I knew that what ever they'll do, someone isn't going to happy. I'm totally happy with this so I shall go back to hippy-dippy-Shamy-loveland!

Oh me too...I am ecstatic...so happy.  But I also hope that more story will unfold over time that we may get more "compromise" type talk between them that will give us insight into what Amy had been thinking about all those months.   We may or may not get it, but it would be nice if the writers completed the story and revealed more through follow-up conversations without any threat of breakups again, etc.   That is why I am hoping that after he proposes and they are engaged, some of these conversations may come forth after to help fill out missing blanks for viewers because right now there are still many questions even a casual viewer would likely have given the way they wrote the story.  

But clearly now is a time to rejoice and celebrate they are finally back together and we get to see some heavy smooching going on!  YES!!!!! :girldance::girlinlove:

3 minutes ago, Ranger Rosa said:

I just hope they don't make Shamy a hippy dippy couple or in a relationship almost centred on making out/sex. Yeah, I'm at the extremes: I complain if there's no Shamy and I complain if they do too much Shamy. 

Make them normal, make them show affection in a normal way, like couples do. I know this is not a normal relationship, but I'd like to see it, naturally.

Well if I had to pick one of the extreme sides, I would rather have the hippie dippy side (more affection) than the other extreme :girlwink:, but I do understand and agree that I don't want to see them be too normalized. I guess I would love to see them be affectionate and loving, yet quirky as heck...going back to overlords and experimenting on friends, and making up projects and games, etc.   I want to see them looking at the others as if they were the "weirdos"... :laugh:  I miss that side of them.  I would love to see them going to a museum trip or again to another author talk, etc.   And it would be great if they went with the gang on another Science convention/trip like Love Car....but now as roomies. :girlwink: .

Sheldon is not going to be listening to just modern day songs.  He often listens to "oldies but goodies" so Beach Boys is no surprise to me.   Bottom line, he listened to a song with words that fit their situation. :girlwink: 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, rachelshamyfan said:

I AM NOT OK!!!!!

image.thumb.jpeg.2aefa3561e7497590e9721d

13 minutes ago, Ranger Rosa said:

I get it though. I don't wanna see them pashing every 5 minutes. They can be all loved up when they're alone and behind closed doors but when they're out in the open let them be the werid, awkward couple we know and love :biggrin: 

No idea about why the beach boys though. I'm guessing it was a fav song of one of the writers, they listened to it and figured it works so well. It is very random though, that he listens to a song and it reminds him of Amy

Edited by Amy Fowler
  • Like 9

6 minutes ago, stardustmelody said:

Oh me too...I am ecstatic...so happy.  But I also hope that more story will unfold over time that we may get more "compromise" type talk between them that will give us insight into what Amy had been thinking about all those months.   We may or may not get it, but it would be nice if the writers completed the story and revealed more through follow-up conversations without any threat of breakups again, etc.   That is why I am hoping that after he proposes and they are engaged, some of these conversations may come forth after to help fill out missing blanks for viewers because right now there are still many questions even a casual viewer would likely have given the way they wrote the story.  

But clearly now is a time to rejoice and celebrate they are finally back together and we get to see some heavy smooching going on!  YES!!!!! :girldance::girlinlove:

Well if I had to pick one of the extreme sides, I would rather have the hippie dippy side (more affection) than the other extreme :girlwink:, but I do understand and agree that I don't want to see them be too normalized. I guess I would love to see them be affectionate and loving, yet quirky as heck...going back to overlords and experimenting on friends, and making up projects and games, etc.   I want to see them looking at the others as if they were the "weirdos"... :laugh:  I miss that side of them.  I would love to see them going to a museum trip or again to another author talk, etc.   And it would be great if they went with the gang on another Science convention/trip like Love Car....but now as roomies. :girlwink: .

Sheldon is not going to be listening to just modern day songs.  He often listens to "oldies but goodies" so Beach Boys is no surprise to me.   Bottom line, he listened to a song with words that fit their situation. :girlwink: 

Well, if I was one of the writers, I'd pick 'Love of my life' (Queen), because it sounds like a apology for making her suffer with him, and tells how miserable he is without her, this kind of thing. But that one is good too, I listened to the song after reading the TR and I saw "Good Vibrations" as suggestion. I thought they wrote the 80's song, but this is other song with the same name (better, IMO).

Plus, I mess up Beach Boys with Beastie Boys (the names, the styles are completely different lol)

• Like 1

Food for thought:   Amy's birthday is also right before Christmas....so while I know that they are going to do a Star Wars theme this next episode that is being taped, I do hope that there is some reference to the time of year and her birthday ...maybe a proposal?  I am hoping PP is early in the episode helping Sheldon come to his important decision so that we get a nice awesome end of episode "engagement". :yes: 

4 minutes ago, stardustmelody said:

This is the most insightful and reasonable post I've read so far! I would have liked to hear something about Amy's POV, too. The break up and its end would have been way more logical. But here we are, this was the story the writers wanted to tell us. The only thing I know for sure is that they haven't told us everything yet. We have no other choice than to wait and see what happens next. Right now I'm happy and just feel like partying all the time... Is that normal? xD

tumblr_m4qd72kHkH1rwcc6bo1_500-1.gif.65a

:girlwink:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ranger Rosa said:

Well, if I was one of the writers, I'd pick 'Love of my life' (Queen), because it sounds like a apology for making her suffer with him, and tells how miserable he is without her, this kind of thing. But that one is good too, I listened to the song after reading the TR and I saw "Good Vibrations" as suggestion. I thought they wrote the 80's song, but this is other song with the same name (better, IMO).

Plus, I mess up Beach Boys with Beastie Boys (the names, the styles are completely different lol)

Yes that would have been good as well, but I am betting they wanted that "half a man" line in the song to be part of the song picked...to show that Sheldon wasn't really fully  "alive" and fully a "man" until her.   He lived robotically and tried to be a Spock without emotions which he learns is a lie.  He also was a man-child and selfish and throwing tantrums, but she made him grow up and become a full man with emotions, desires and love.   So they probably felt that line was key.  Just a guess....

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, katzinhatz1 said:

I am probably in the minority here and I am prepared for ppl disagreeing or getting angry with this comment, but am I the only one who feels a bit conflicted on how to feel about the shamy reconciliation? I'm referring to HOW THEY GOT BACK TOGETHER. i dont want you guys to think that i dont want them together. Im just conflicted bc it happened so out of the blue after sheldon said he thought they should remain friends. My 2nd concern is we barely saw a story arc centered around amy's feelings about the breakup, and im a bit disappointed about that. They handled sheldon's transformation beautifly. Amy, on the other hand was barely shown. I wanted to see her POV on why she misses sheldon and what about him she loves. I dont know how i feel about them getting together so quickly after ep 9. It felt a bit rushed, but with that being said, i am happy they are back together in general. I just would have done their reconciliation differently i guess. 

Also I like how shamy gets back together in the one episode that I thought there was no chance for a reconciliation in. To clarify btw, I thought the reconcillation scene was beautiful, but that More should have happened before reaching that point.

I agree with you on Amy's POV part.

As for Sheldon, I think it's very in character for him to do something like this out of blue. I mean almost every milestone of their relationship happens because Sheldon does something  out of blue. Asking Amy to be his girlfriend, SIK, I love you. All his life he was trying to hide his feelings and to be completely rational, and he was excellent at it. If it weren't because of these "out of blues", where he can't suppress his feelings anymore, the Shamy relationship would never go anywhere.

True in 909 Sheldon was determined to hide back in the hole and shut himself from love because he was afraid to get hurt again. So what? His feelings for Amy never for a second disappeared, or else he wouldn't have been THAT miserable for the past 6 months. And these feelings weren't like those in the past where he was just "quite fond of Amy". He LOVES Amy. So how long do you think he can bear missing her and loving her everyday knowing if he want, they can get back together? And Sheldon didn't realize all the things about Amy in the beginning of this episode. The song drove him crazy, remember? So I guess the song is like his panic attack in the prom episode, or Struart asking Amy out in season 5 or their argument on the train in SIK. It's the last straw.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Amy Fowler said:

image.thumb.jpeg.2aefa3561e7497590e9721d

I love this!!! 

And yes, while I want more kissing/touching to be involved now, I still want them to be well Shamy, which is awkward and adorkable. Even though we see Sheldon growing, I'm sure the writers will keep him still true to his character.  

• Like 7

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic