[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Tensor

1 hour ago, phantagrae said:

I don't think it's out of the blue.  I think that his decision to just be friends wasn't born out of any idea that they're not good together or that he doesn't really want to be with her again--he enjoyed the aquarium outing as much as she did.  I think that he was still feeling the sting of the rejection and was thinking he didn't want to go back to the relationship.

But I think that thinking is part of what gets in his way when it comes to Amy.  Too much thinking and trying to be like Spock and not letting himself go with the leading of his heart.  When he thinks that Amy has changed him, made him more emotional, more vulnerable, he has knee-jerk reactions.

In the Table episode, he wants to break up with her because he thinks she has changed him and he didn't want to change from what he thought was his perfect self.  Then when she breaks up with him, he blames her and the others for making him a more emotional person, someone who is more likely to be hurt by things like rejection, more likely to get his heart broken.

But when he gives in to his emotions and desires, he karate chops his best friend ("She's not for you!") and intrudes on her date in order to stake a claim on her.  He is still a little freaked out by his own actions and has to whip up the RelAg in order to cope with what he's just done, but he still did it.

And when he gives in to his anger or frustration and thinks he's kissing her sarcastically, he ends up just kissing her--and giving into his feelings/desires.

So, by the time they have their aquarium non-date, he's come back to thinking again--he's been on an emotional roller coaster, but has supposedly calmed back down and thinks he's better off with keeping his safe emotional distance.  He was "just friends" before with Amy, he thinks he can handle that, that it's safe.

But in the back of his emotional head--or perhaps in the front of his emotional heart--he knows that he doesn't want to stay just friends.  She suggests getting back together and perhaps that sets off the process without him even realizing it.  I don't know where he would have heard a Beach Boys song, but with his eidetic memory, the words seem to have slipped into his brain subliminally to the point where his brain is finally helping his heart to come to the realization that it's not mere friendship that he wants, but that he does indeed love her, he's in love with her, and he wants her back, so much so that he's willing to do something bold like going to her apartment to declare his feelings.

I would say that it's uncharacteristic of him to do something so spontaneous, but it's really not, if you think about it.  But I do think it's uncharacteristic of him to act so boldly on pure emotion.  Goodbye, Mr. Spock.  At least for now! :)

I don't know that we don't know Amy's POV.  I think it's very subtle and not S P E L L E D O U T for the audience, but I think that she didn't break up with Sheldon because she no longer liked him or loved him.  It was more of a spat that got out of control because of miscommunication and frustration.  Sheldon can be incredibly frustrating and she kind of hit the wall with him.  But she still defended him to the girls and she obviously missed him and their special brand of togetherness.

I think he was subliminally processing everything all along, so it wasn't really out of the blue. IMO.

perfect, totally agree!

• Like 1

The "important decision" that Professor Proton will help him is if he should get an Xbox One or a PS4. It's been 2 years and he still didn't picked one.

1 minute ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

ALso: everyone SHOULD watch the Flash TV show, it's awesome!

I don't like CW shows, I think it's too juvenile, but apperantly, if you leave Glee or another comedy show you'll get your own superhero tv show

Grant Gustin did it and now he's the Flash
Melissa Benoist did it and now she's the Supergirl
Krysten Ritter did it and now she's Jessica Jones

This is the path for the success!
(you know, if Grant Gustin's acting skills weren't so good Sheldon wouldn't watch it and would never say that at the finale, so he's the guilty of the breakup!)

5 minutes ago, MJistheBOMB said:

Yeah, this is when reading spoilers can be a big problem because when I hear of an episode like this, I can't stop thinking about it. 

During season 6, after the train kiss, I nearly flooded the coffee shop at work after leaving the water on because I was still thinking about it....and I went to that taping, which made it worse. Haha.

With a few big Samy milestones to still get through, I don't know how I'm going to make it to the end. LOL 

I wasn't here when the train kiss happened, but I remember cheering up on facebook. We were just like we are right now, so excited. But this time it's waaaaaaaaaaay bigger and way more powerful. 

• Like 1

Is the very important decision a proposal from Sheldon....I don't think so.   I think it's about them living together...end the L/P ping pong between 4A/4B, revisit the whole Amy as a roommate thing, in the taping report..her talking about maybe getting another apartment, etc...

I see the proposal in episode 200.

• Like 7

55 minutes ago, kelliluvtbbt said:

Have we grasped the concept that Sheldon is WILLINGLY making out with Amy IN FRONT OF A STRANGER and doesn't care????? Have we grasped the concept that robot man is NO LONGER  a robot but a man with genuine feelings of LOVE ... FOR ANOTHER HUMAN BEING???? 

Where he started so long ago and what he has become.... wow

Ok, I'm  still trying to grasp all of this since I read the taping report by Kazzie  ( thank you thank you thank you!!!!!) 14 hours ago. it's a fan fic come true. :girlinlove::dancing::yahoo:-----> this is pretty much me all day ( and I'm too old to be doing this! :cheese:

last year Sheldon complained about a kiss Amy planted on him under the missletoe last Christmas...im ready to see examples of a much different Sheldon this Christmas!

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, littleknee said:

I love the proton speculation. So the title of star wars is the Force Awakens. Is it just me, or does this scream coitus-related decision? Professor proton giving Sheldon the talk in a dream dressed as a Jedi in a fantasy Degobah has comedic potential written all over it. Someone mentioned this earlier on the forum and I almost spit out my coffee.

I feel like this whole star wars thing fell in their lap at quite a fortuitous time … or they timed it thusly. Sheldon & Amy with their whole Han/Leia motif with the I miss you/I know scene in the stairway. Sheldon having realizations about his feelings for Amy prompted first by Spock and Star Trek and then perhaps by Star Wars works kinda perfectly for this show. There’s the whole possible costume angle with the throwback to Sheldon’s interest in Amy in her Star Trek uniform. I’d be shocked if seeing her dressed like Princess Leia (or even a droid … who knows) didn’t interest him. & Will Wheaton going with them to the movie – or being in a rival group – would echo him cutting in line on them in the Raiders screening.

And it works with where we are in the plot too. I’d be shocked if Amy & Sheldon just stopped making out immediately after Dave left and settled in for counterfactuals and tea drinking. I think some forces have definitely awoken folks. I’m not saying they should or will jump into coitus. I’d prefer it if they waited a bit on that (Amy gets nervous or they decide they’re not ready or something different) … but Sheldon feeling like he had to make some kind of decision around it would be an interesting and timely angle to take. And Professor Proton being somehow involved in that would be amazing. Forces are awakening!!

I like your thinking!  Sheldon's force is awakening 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Boonaroma said:

People are really going to hate me for saying this, but, bearing in mind everything I say is always wrong...

Is is it even remotely possible that this episode is a dream and next week's cold open Bob is suddenly in the room with them saying "Isn't  this what you'd like?"  Tell me there isn't a ghost of a chance of that happening.  Please?

lol how morbid! i very seriously doubt a dream sequence is the route the writers would go, albeit an interesting one...it would mean him driving himself and others insane with the song, his epiphany, amys entire date, and of courae the reconciliation was all imaginary. thats way too many details for a dream sequence....Leonards nightmare of the Shenny smooch this season lasted one on screen minute...

its all gonna be fine :)

• Like 3

14 hours ago, kerrycec03 said:

Wow, just WOW!  I am still n a stat of pure bliss this AM.  This is truly better than I imagined.  

I always trusted the writers and never doubted them.  Said it would be fixed by end of sweep...ok so I'm 1 episode off...Not too bad.  

While I'm not surprised some aren't happy, thats to be expected. I thought it sounded like perfection.  True we don't get 100% in Amy heads, we know from the Aquarium that she openly admits she misses him and wants him back.  She isn't "totally" digging dating but going through the motions as she doesn't want to be alone and was sorta rejected not once but twice this season by Sheldon (when he said he asked out girls and then the just be friends remark).  So do I blame her, absolutely not.  If she didn't tell him the episode before she wanted back in I would be hating on her, but that didn't happen.  The writers did a stella job on building on each block here.

For Sheldon growth, you could go on and on.  Its been huge how organically they changed him.  Last week we see him reconize he has feelings, now he can completely express them to Amy openly & from the heart in his own way.  He told her in Aquarium he knows she deserves better, last night he tells her he appreciates all she did for him.  And those song lyrics, PERFECTION..

and then the make-out.  I always said the Shenny kiss is foreshadowing and it sounds like I was right.  The barriers are down now, these two have no reserves about moving forward with all aspects of their romantic life together.  Sure there will always be hiccups but they are 100% on an even playing field in all aspects now.  Its not believable to see engagement, living together, sex, and eventual marriage in their future. 

Whats been the hardest part of this break was seeing so much pain and confusion in my friends eyes.  I hated it actually.  I'm so happy to have Shamy peace again.  I love my Shamy friends and this community and seeing such divides was eating me up inside.  

And a special shoutout to Monique, April & Jenna.  You guys have been with me from the finale till now with our overall hopes & trusts in the writers.  We never doubted it and the payoff to me seems worth it!  

In the words of Susana "Shamy is MAGIC"

SO glad such a special forum member & great friend got to see this live all play out!  

so guess Santa is back huh...Thanks Steve!

and fanfic writers...get to work PLEASE.  you've been lacking in the Shamy believable Smut lately...now you have PURE gold to go off of when that door closes....I expect EPIC M fics please lol

Had a very busy day at work today and have missed (20) pages of posts.  I'm trying to catch up.   I am glad I got back to see this.   Thank you so much for your kind words.    I appreciate all of your support through my rants and praise as well.

I promise I will get back to my FF.   I love to write those M scenes, and now I think they are more believable.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, 2L344 said:

lol how morbid! i very seriously doubt a dream sequence is the route the writers would go, albeit an interesting one...it would mean him driving himself and others insane with the song, his epiphany, amys entire date, and of courae the reconciliation was all imaginary. thats way too many details for a dream sequence....Leonards nightmare of the Shenny smooch this season lasted one on screen minute...

Ok, deep breaths.  Thanks all.   I know I'm being irrational.   I've just forgotten how to trust.  It's been a rough season.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, 2L344 said:

I also think it's going to be fine. But you are forgetting that the entire 100th episode was a dream sequence of Leonard gazing across the hall at Penny and deciding whether or not to ask her out again.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Darcyfitz said:

I also think it's going to be fine. But you are forgetting that the entire 100th episode was a dream sequence of Leonard gazing across the hall at Penny and deciding whether or not to ask her out again.

But Sheldon doesn't even know how Dave looks. It'll be really hard to imagine Dave right? Also the lyrics, there're too many details to be just a dream.

And with the 100th episode, they told us it was a dream at the end of the episode. I don't think they're that cruel to do something this big in one episode and wait for the next week to tell us it was all a dream...

Edited by camelliayao
  • Like 5

11 minutes ago, camelliayao said:

But Sheldon doesn't even know how Dave looks. It'll be really hard to imagine Dave right? Also the lyrics, there're too many details to be just a dream.

And with the 100th episode, they told us it was a dream at the end of the episode. I don't think they're that cruel to do something this big in one episode and wait for the next week to tell us it was all a dream...

If it's a dream, which I doubt btw, I think it would only lead up to something big too.  So, I don't think I'm concerned about that.

• Like 2

Also, the 100th eposide is called the "The Recombination Hypothesis", they pointed out it was a "hypothesis" right in the title.

This episode is titled "The Earworm Reverberation". Well English is not my first language, but "reverberation" just means sound/echo right? It has nothing to do with hypothesis/dream or something like that?

Edited by camelliayao
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, camelliayao said:

Also, the 100th eposide is called the "The Recombination Hypothesis", they pointed out it was a "hypothesis" right in the title.

This episode is titled "The Earworm Reverberation". Well English is not my first language, but "reverberation" just means sound/echo right? It has nothing to do with hypothesis/dream or something like that?

It's like something that was already there was declared out loud, yelled. In this case, Sheldon's feelings about Amy. He "screamed" it to the world. I think that's why he didn't cared of kissing her in public 3 times!

• Like 1

I think the Bob Newhart advice will be about asking Amy to marry him because I can't fathom that Bob Newhart would give Sheldon advice on coitus. although that is comic gold!

I think he and Sheldon will come up with a big spectacular way to propose to Amy.  Possibly with a Star Wars theme... then, in front of Amy,  Wil Wheaton will say, "Dude... did you ever give her that ring you showed us at the documentary?!"  there by ruining the whole thing!  Will is good for doing crap like that, ask the Lenny's!

Callin it!
Edited by hazelra7
  • Like 9

6 hours ago, kazzie said:

I have always speculated they would resolve this around this time. I think the time line was pretty much perfect on this. I'm just glad they didn't drag it out. I never gave up on this once, And so glad I stayed positive and looked at the bigger picture. To me this was sweet, perfect and its just making me so happy right now!

I forgot to mention. There was a take of the kiss in which the audience were asked to keep quiet (quite difficult for me lol). You could HEAR the kissing over the audio. Which confirms to me open mouthed, Even though it was obvious with the way the kissing was implied.. Just hearing the kissing. 

I'm going to the taping next week. So I shall be reporting for you :) 

Glad I could be the one to make y'all happy again!

Thanks for the details you have given me some lovely dreams !  Just curious why the 3 kissing scenes took 7 takes? Was it just positioning changes or were there bloopers/actors cracking up? 

• Like 2

I got to thinking about Dave.      Amy is consistent in her behavior and taste in men.

She was constantly forgiving of Sheldon.    She kicked Dave out of the car, forgave him, and went out with him again after thinking it was over with Sheldon.   She was likely prepared to listen to him go on and on about Sheldon again, just like Sheldon likes to talk about himself.

She really seemed to like the guy enough to go out on (3) dates with him.    The man is quite charming (now that he assisted the brilliant fool).   

She definitely seems to like tall and geeky.  I guess she figured if she couldn't have Sheldon, she'd settle for second best.

I'm now looking forward to tomorrow night's episode to learn more about this mystery man who was instrumental in her happy ending.

I find his obsession with Sheldon and the proxy kiss humorous now.   Perhaps he thought if Sheldon saw something in Amy, that she was worth another try, even though she kicked him out of the car.

He obviously liked Amy.  He emulates Sheldon.    I'm glad he didn't stand in their way.   In fact he seems pleased by the reconciliation.  

I wonder if he will become their friend.

It's so sweet that like Sheldon left Stuart and Amy at the theatre to finish their date, he was going to let Amy do the same with Dave.   Both times, after they changed the status of their relationship.    I guess he figured her dates needed closure as well.   Selfless Sheldon causes me to go Ahhh!.

Edited by jenafan
  • Like 6

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic