[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Tensor

27 minutes ago, Flaky said:

Thanks for the details you have given me some lovely dreams !  Just curious why the 3 kissing scenes took 7 takes? Was it just positioning changes or were there bloopers/actors cracking up? 

Yes, I'd also like to hear about this as well.

And I'd like to add that this episode is probably the most dramatically wonderful Shamy episode of all time.  And I actually would sorta like them to keep the screams and shouts for some odd reason.  On Friends, when the audience first discovers that Ross is the father of Rachel's baby the whole audience screams and right after that, you can actually hears someone say, "Yeah!" at the end of everything.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, vonmar said:

From Glamour: http://www.glamour.com/entertainment/blogs/obsessed/2015/11/the-big-bang-theorys-mayim-bia

The Big Bang Theory's Mayim Bialik on Working With Stephen Merchant and the Upcoming Emotional Whopper of an Episode

I really liked this interview. I love hearing about how MaJim work on their scenes. Sounds like they've been having similar discussions as us, mainly:

-   lack of Shamy conversation  

-  Amy not opening up to Penny and Bernadette 

-  soap opera feel of recent episodes (Jim's too cute)

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, jenafan said:

I got to thinking about Dave.      Amy is consistent in her behavior and taste in men.

She was constantly forgiving of Sheldon.    She kicked Dave out of the car, forgave him, and went out with him again after thinking it was over with Sheldon.   She was likely prepared to listen to him go on and on about Sheldon again, just like Sheldon likes to talk about himself.

She really seemed to like the guy enough to go out on (3) dates with him.    The man is quite charming (now that he assisted the brilliant fool).   

She definitely seems to like tall and geeky.  I guess she figured if she couldn't have Sheldon, she'd settle for second best.

I'm now looking forward to tomorrow night's episode to learn more about this mystery man who was instrumental in her happy ending.

I find his obsession with Sheldon and the proxy kiss humorous now.   Perhaps he thought if Sheldon saw something in Amy, that she was worth another try, even though she kicked him out of the car.

He obviously liked Amy.  He emulates Sheldon.    I'm glad he didn't stand in their way.   In fact he seems pleased by the reconciliation.  

I wonder if he will become their friend.

It's so sweet that like Sheldon left Stuart and Amy at the theatre to finish their date, he was going to let Amy do the same with Dave.   Both times, after they changed the status of their relationship.    I guess he figured her dates needed closure as well.   Selfless Sheldon caused me to go Ahhh!.

Some bad things come for good...I wouldn't classify Dave as a bad thing but I thing you got it.

Plus, Amy should have listened to Madonna at this situation!

tumblr_lgxs26ng8U1qezxsoo1_500.gif
"Make him express how he feels and maybe then you'll know your love is real"

37 minutes ago, Flaky said:

Thanks for the details you have given me some lovely dreams !  Just curious why the 3 kissing scenes took 7 takes? Was it just positioning changes or were there bloopers/actors cracking up? 

If I remember correctly, it wasn't 7 takes...they did one scene two different ways and then redid one scene without audience reaction where they asked the audience to remain silent for a re-shoot.  I could be wrong...long day and so much wonderful information. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vonmar said:

If I remember correctly, it wasn't 7 takes...they did one scene two different ways and then redid one scene without audience reaction where they asked the audience to remain silent for a re-shoot.  I could be wrong...long day and so much wonderful information. 

Thanks.  Can I ask how the kiss was?  How did it look?

• Like 1

I know there are some that are having problems with quoting, notifications, emoticons, etc. The forum software was updated today and if you are having any problems, one thing you should try is to sign out of the forums, then close the tab or window containing the forum.  Go into your system and clear your cookies, then sign back in.  Usually, when the forum gets updated, pointers to the various things (quoting, notifications, emoticons, etc) get changed in the update, but your cookies have the older version cached.  By signing out, clearing your cookies, and signing back in, the cookies will reload with the newer version.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vonmar said:

Is the very important decision a proposal from Sheldon....I don't think so.   I think it's about them living together...end the L/P ping pong between 4A/4B, revisit the whole Amy as a roommate thing, in the taping report..her talking about maybe getting another apartment, etc...

I see the proposal in episode 200.

I agree with you.  

Personally, I think 9x11 would be too soon for a proposal. I'd like a bigger Shamy conversation/Amy's POV before a proposal. 

• Like 1

What I wonder about, since Prof Proton will most likely appear in a dream again (or they have to find a way to ressurect him...) Will they keep Sheldon asleep for the entire episode?

Or have him have a dream, wake up and do something, fall asleep and get another visit etc?

21 hours ago, bluebird said:

Yep, this was all Sheldon! With a little bit of help from Dave :wink:

Dave was definitely Sheldon's cheerleader.  Something I feel he sorely needed. 

I have previously expressed my surprise/disappointment with the gang's lack of encouragement regarding a Shamy reunion. My issues mostly concerned episodes 9.05 & 9.08.  I think Dave filled the role that Shamy desperately needed: translator, cheerleader, and shipper. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Darcyfitz said:

I also think it's going to be fine. But you are forgetting that the entire 100th episode was a dream sequence of Leonard gazing across the hall at Penny and deciding whether or not to ask her out again.

Ouch, yeah that's true! The big difference, though, is THAT dream scene ended at the end of the episode while 9.10 ended with the door slammed shut and Dave commenting on what a nice evening. I doubt the writers would end a dream sequence in another episode. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, kazzie said:

Morning peeps! Let me clear up and give a more in depth shamy reportings!

There were 2 takes of the second kiss...

As they finish kissing the first time round. They break apart. Sheldon apologises for interrupting her date and turns to leave. Amy grabs Sheldons arm and say "Come here you" (Or something along those lines). As she says this she is smiling and all giddy. She pulls him back into the apartment.

Take 1: As she pulls him back in, they stair at each other and embrace into a kiss again.

Take 2: As she pulls him back, There is no stopping. She pulls him straight into an embrace and they kiss immediately. It was very VERY passionate.

---

When Sheldon realised the song was about Amy. He looks up the lyrics.. He excitedly read the lyrics to Penny. He then goes on to list the things that Amy has done. How she has made his life better and how she had softened his life. It was a moment of pure realisation. Like the penny had dropped. But Sheldon was excited about this. Penny looked at Sheldon and said "Yes, Amy Did soften your life didn't she?" While smiling at him. With that He stood up and ran out of the apartment to go get his Amy back.

--

The kissing was so so hot. It was passionate and nothing we have really seen before. the Shenny kiss? HA..!. Amy was wearing the same sort of dress in the last promo pics, with a small purple cardigan. The dress stopped at her knees and she was showing a lot of chest. (No cleve for my fellow boob lovers). Be she really wasn't covered up and practically no layers. Sheldon was in a Green T-shirt.

--

The Kissing itself. Sheldon had his back to Amy's door. He was slightly kneeled down to fit into Amy's body. Amy had heels on so the compensate  for this was perfect. His head was tilted to his right to get his mouth on hers. This was DEFIANTLY open mouthed or at least implied. His arms were wrapped around Amy. His right arm was around her waist to pull her body into his and his left arm was wrapped around Amy, His left hand was slowly rubbing up and down her back. just up and down slowly. There was a lot of movement with their heads.

Amy was in very my the same position. Arms wrapped around Sheldon, Head tilted, Head moving with the kiss to imply the open mouth. Her hand was also slowly running up and down Sheldon's back. They just fit perfectly together.

--

Steven Merchant is a tall bloke.. And to give you an idea of how embraces Sheldon and Amy were. Sheldon looked short during this.. Like amy's hight. THATS how close and intimate they were.

When the kissing started. The more they kissed, The more they pulled one another closer until it was full body contact. And they held on tight.

The entire tag this didn't change. This kissing went on. Amy didn't leave Sheldon's grip when she closed the door. She lifted her left leg to kick it closed. not leaving Sheldon's lips once. 

--

I will keep posting as much as I can on this. I'm off out now to meet another Shamy fan for coffee so we can scream. A little personal note. I didn't tell y'all I was going because of a few reasons.. What went down recently and I wasn't sure I would make it here due to health. Long story short I slipped a disk in my lower back 3 years ago which has done some damage after not getting the proper treatment. (Thanks NHS for ignoring it). Recently I have been under going treatment with no luck. I had a fall about a month ago which has resulted in a movement in my disk causing me to have bad pain, Acute muscular spasms, Sciatica and difficulty walking. Ive had to reduce my working duties to being office bound. I need to take it easy, Take a stupid amount of pain control drugs and also using a cane to help me walk. Its embarrassing for someone of 27. Im getting Surgery shortly which is stressful. I will get mended but it will take some time. Its just not so easy right now and super stressful. Last nights taping proved painful!

but I will sit on a plane for 11.5 hours and wait in standby all day to support this show. Pain or no pain. I'm in this for the long run!

you ROCK thanks so much

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jenafan said:

I got to thinking about Dave.      Amy is consistent in her behavior and taste in men.

She was constantly forgiving of Sheldon.    She kicked Dave out of the car, forgave him, and went out with him again after thinking it was over with Sheldon.   She was likely prepared to listen to him go on and on about Sheldon again, just like Sheldon likes to talk about himself.

She really seemed to like the guy enough to go out on (3) dates with him.    The man is quite charming (now that he assisted the brilliant fool).   

She definitely seems to like tall and geeky.  I guess she figured if she couldn't have Sheldon, she'd settle for second best.

I'm now looking forward to tomorrow night's episode to learn more about this mystery man who was instrumental in her happy ending.

I find his obsession with Sheldon and the proxy kiss humorous now.   Perhaps he thought if Sheldon saw something in Amy, that she was worth another try, even though she kicked him out of the car.

He obviously liked Amy.  He emulates Sheldon.    I'm glad he didn't stand in their way.   In fact he seems pleased by the reconciliation.  

I wonder if he will become their friend.

It's so sweet that like Sheldon left Stuart and Amy at the theatre to finish their date, he was going to let Amy do the same with Dave.   Both times, after they changed the status of their relationship.    I guess he figured her dates needed closure as well.   Selfless Sheldon causes me to go Ahhh!.

I always thought of Dave being somewhat of a devil sitting on Amy's shoulder reminding her of Sheldon and the things she finds lovable and interesting about him. As off putting as Sheldon is, there is a side of him among the science community that finds him fascinating..We've seen female interns swoon over his intellect in the past, not that Sheldon cares ( well, except for the free meals they brought him!)..Amy is part of that same community and lane lives him, despite the break up. 

At at first I thought the whole man crush thing was weird, I mean what are the chances a guy Amy dates just happens to crush on Sheldon in an extreme way? But when I assumed Dave was somehow associated with the science community it wasn't such a long shot...but why make him a Sheldon fan? It was a means to keep Sheldon on Amy's mind...she stopped seeing Sheldon when she left the stairwell and began datin in earnest, so the Dave character forced Sheldon back in her face. Yeah, she gave Dave the boot because of it, but the damage was done and Sheldon stayed in the picture. And because Dave is a fan and presumably gushed over Sheldon, Amy is forced to remember all those things that SHE found endearing about Sheldon as well.

Dave did his job, but who would've thought he would still be in the picture in 9.10?? I sure didn't...he is clearly someone who was casually dating and wasn't taking it too seriously, but was probably attracted to dating Amy because of the pseudo-stardom she brought to the table as his man crush's ex lol....and because he was really into Sheldon it's no wonder he was more than happy to step aside and play a small part in getting him back together with Amy. It probably really WAS a great evening for him as he walked out of the apartment once Shamy got busy lol!

cant wait to see how that scene played out when it airs!

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, Flaky said:

Dave was definitely Sheldon's cheerleader.  Something I feel he sorely needed. 

I have previously expressed my surprise/disappointment with the gang's lack of encouragement regarding a Shamy reunion. My issues mostly concerned episodes 9.05 & 9.08.  I think Dave filled the role that Shamy desperately needed: translator, cheerleader, and shipper. 

Agreed. I too was disappointed, not so much because they didn't actively help them in resolving their differences, but because they actively worked to pull them further apart. Like you said, Dave filled the role of pointing out to Amy that Sheldon's a cool guy, at least in the sense that other people recognize the same fascinating qualities he possessed that Amy did.

• Like 4

I'm wondering about the promo for this episode

I think it might go something like this (for shamy)

We see Sheldon saying he's coming to get Amy back and then it cuts to Amy and Dave about to kiss, then the familiar triple knocking of Sheldon on Amy's door, I Don't know if any kissing would be in the promo but it was for indecision so who knows

Also I can't wait to see the pictures for 9 and 10!

Edited by rachelshamyfan
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, kazzie said:

I was told to calm down a few times. Not in a mean why, In more of a funny way. I'm very familiar with the crew there so we had a good laugh about it. That MAY have contributed to another take. Its hard not to make obscure noises. Eventually I had to bite my hand during the quite take.. Worth it.

^^ Hilarious!! :) 

Any good BTS stuff?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, kazzie said:

All in all, there were a total of 7 takes of kissing. If I remember rightly. They did the first kiss 3 times, the tag scene 3 times (2 versions were tried which I explained earlier), Then there was a pick up. The S8 finale they filmed the Kiss one. The second take they picked up after the kiss. So Im INCREDIBLY happy with this....

I was told to calm down a few times. Not in a mean why, In more of a funny way. I'm very familiar with the crew there so we had a good laugh about it. That MAY have contributed to another take. Its hard not to make obscure noises. Eventually I had to bite my hand during the quite take.. Worth it.

Thanks Kazzie.   Controlling your excitement must have been so difficult! Gosh, I've been squealing just reading the details can't imagine watching it play out in person, let alone 7 times.  

• Like 3

Wow you guys were busy while I was sleeping !!! :cool:.

Woke up still buzzing this morning - thanks again to Kazzie for even more info. 

Surprise surprise I've run out of likes again lol but you all had some fab things to say !!.

Whoever  it was asking if this could all be a dream episode ( OMG that's my worst nightmare ) , I really don't think so , as others have said it was much too involved I'd think for a dream and cruel not to let the audience know at the end of the episode :) . So no I'm sure it's all fine - but just to be doubly sure I'll feel much better once we get Kazzies next wonderful TR !! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tensor said:

I know there are some that are having problems with quoting, notifications, emoticons, etc. The forum software was updated today and if you are having any problems, one thing you should try is to sign out of the forums, then close the tab or window containing the forum.  Go into your system and clear your cookies, then sign back in.  Usually, when the forum gets updated, pointers to the various things (quoting, notifications, emoticons, etc) get changed in the update, but your cookies have the older version cached.  By signing out, clearing your cookies, and signing back in, the cookies will reload with the newer version.  

Thank you so much Tensor...I couldn't even reply from my laptop to any post, it was driving me crazy! What you said to do worked just fine!

• Like 1

Just now, mirs1 said:

Thank you so much Tensor...I couldn't even reply from my laptop to any post, it was driving me crazy! What you said to do worked just fine!

Just be aware, there have been some minor tweaks to the quoting system.  I'm still learning it myself.  

• Like 2

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic