[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Tensor

3 minutes ago, jenafan said:

I'm thinking the same thing, that they likely cuddled or something, but then the way Amy shut the door behind them kind of meant that she meant business. 

I'm wondering if he writers are going to leave us hanging wondering if they did or didn't end up in bed, platonic or not? 

I love that picture, but unfortunately I ran out of likes! The way he´d turned his arms around her, reminds me how much he liked her at this point yet.

I´m sure the writers will tease us a little, because they like it and give us some ambigous hints about it.

3 hours ago, kazzie said:

That was literally the closest picture I could find and it doesn't do the Justice...

Hi Kazzie.   First of all, I have not had a chance to offer you my empathy for your injuries.    I wish you a quick recovery and encourage you to take care of yourself first!   You've been a real trooper and a key contributor to my Shamy happiness as a  result of everything you have shared, as you didn't have to do any of this for us.

Regarding the kissing.   Did it look like instinct just took over and they knew what they were doing?  Or did it seem kind of awkward like they were trying to figure it all out?    I'm still struggling to imagine Sheldon being so comfortable with the open mouth kisses, but I guess love supersedes any hang ups he thought he might have had, or perhaps Amy isn't giving him any time to think about it.

The moving in closer thing sounds so hot.   I hope they just end up cuddling, as I don't want them rushing into the bedroom, but I can certainly understand how it could end up in that direction by what you described and the kicking of the door shut.

Edited by jenafan
  • Like 6

I'm loath to call myself a "fair weather fan" of this show but it's true. The reason I started watching the show in the first place was Sheldon and Amy's relationship. I gave up on the show after last season's finale because it broke my heart, and only kept up with spoilers from a distance. I haven't really been interested in the show at all lately, but on a whim I checked the tag on Tumblr and THIS HAPPENS AND I THREW MY PHONE ACROSS THE ROOM AND SILENTLY SCREAMED. 
That's why I'm back. I run a musical theatre fandom and am very busy in college but WHEN MY OTP GETS BACK TOGETHER NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

• Like 5

3 hours ago, bluebird said:

So what do you predict, will we get a Shamy kiss in the next episode as well? Now that they've done some pretty hc french kissing, I want more! Talk about needy baby greedy baby..

My imagination has exploded during these two days :D but i am going to be happy just if they don't add a spoon of  tar in next episode.. come on, Bob , I believe in you, professor! 

Edited by AlFisher
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Shamynanigans said:

I'm loath to call myself a "fair weather fan" of this show but it's true. The reason I started watching the show in the first place was Sheldon and Amy's relationship. I gave up on the show after last season's finale because it broke my heart, and only kept up with spoilers from a distance. I haven't really been interested in the show at all lately, but on a whim I checked the tag on Tumblr and THIS HAPPENS AND I THREW MY PHONE ACROSS THE ROOM AND SILENTLY SCREAMED. 
That's why I'm back. I run a musical theatre fandom and am very busy in college but WHEN MY OTP GETS BACK TOGETHER NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

Shipping a couple like Shamy usually drives people crazy.  I basically went through a lot of hellishness throughout every season 9 or I should say Tuesday, so I too, was doing a lot of screaming but I was literally sobbing for their separation.  

Edited by snow*flower

So I was talking about RST (resolved sexual tension) with a friend yesterday and I'm curious if everyone actually wants to see Shamy have their 'Big Bang' ?

Watching Arrow I wanted 2 of those characters together so bad and now that they are it's gotten a bit boring :icon_rolleyes: and I realised that normally cosy couples on Tv are pretty boring! 

I can't think of another couple on TV who have been together for 5 years and still have mine (and a lot of other peoples) attention and I think the fact that coitus has not happened yet is a big part of that!

What do you think peeps, if they mushed their bathing suit parts together next episode would we bored of them by the end of the season? :umbrage:

12 hours ago, 2L344 said:

I think I summed it up once before, but in my eye it can be this simple--

* In a frustrated fit, Amy gets pissed at Sheldon and asks for time, then in a bigger emotional moment breaks up with him when he pisses her off in episode 1.

* Amy might've regretted the outburst later but hopes for some give from Sheldon and that he apologizes, owns his mistakes, and pursues her a bit. It doesn't happen.

* Ah, the stairwell scene. She's hit with some cold reality, in her mind Sheldon no longer cares and has even started to try to date, which he never seemed interested in before. Panic sets in, and she realized what a huge mistake she made. 

* Amy uses her free time to explore what she never has before by using a dating app. But is uncomfortable with it and is embarrassed enough to hide it from everyone. She isn't ready to date and it was a dumbo move to start, but she's new at it.

* Amy dates Dave but is turned off by his man crush on Sheldon. Thanks to Dave, Amy is reminded that others think Sheldon is awesome and she is also reminded about why she thinks he is awesome too.

* Time passes, Amy isn't really moving on, and when an opportunity arises thanks to some aquarium tickets Amy leaps at the chance to spend some time with Sheldon. No doubt she knows that Sheldon isn't dating despite the stairwell encounter and revelation. She has a great time, Sheldon is still clearly who she is in love with, and she takes a leap of faith that maybe she could as to be his GF again. There's nothing to lose other than her pride. Sheldon carefully refuses and Amy sinks further in her realization that it's over.

* in an half hearted attempt to salvage something of her social life she revisits a date with Dave and tries to pick up the pieces....

And there you go, a Sheldon interruption and the rest is TR history lol.....anyway, that's how I'm gonna try to resolve the plot in my head so that it fits okay. Like you, though, it would be great if the writers fill in the gaps in the next couple episodes but I'm doubting they will spend the time. I think they are just ready to move forward and take the plot out of first gear, in their minds mission aacomplished, let's blow this thing!

This is pretty intereting, but it makes it sound like Amy broke up with Sheldon over nothing. 

Not a month ago 80% of this thread was: Amy deserves better. Sheldon must grow and SHOW AMY that he deserves her. 

Key on SHOW her. He didn't show her anything. He's changed, he's grown, but Amy just took him back without explanation.

Edited by pisquenta

4 minutes ago, April said:

He did show her though???? The whole aquarium date was him being considerate of her feelings, trying to make sure she doesn't feel awkward, and having a good time with her. And with the last TR he was stepping up in the romance department, being all hippy-dippy about a love song, telling her ILY and kissing her passionately - in front of a stranger no less! I'm pretty sure Amy noticed a change. lol

When you take this into consideration, then Amy should've just talked honestly with him, instead of breaking up. But I understand this isn't based on real life and they just do it for laughs. 

I'll just enjoy the final destination, even if the ride wasn't so smooth. I'm pretty sure I won't even remember they were broken up after I see this kiss. (MAKE OUT!!! 3X!!!)

17 minutes ago, April said:

He did show her though???? The whole aquarium date was him being considerate of her feelings, trying to make sure she doesn't feel awkward, and having a good time with her. And with the last TR he was stepping up in the romance department, being all hippy-dippy about a love song, telling her ILY and kissing her passionately - in front of a stranger no less! I'm pretty sure Amy noticed a change. lol

Oh yeah! No way past Sheldon would've done something like that. 

37 minutes ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

So I was talking about RST (resolved sexual tension) with a friend yesterday and I'm curious if everyone actually wants to see Shamy have their 'Big Bang' ?

Watching Arrow I wanted 2 of those characters together so bad and now that they are it's gotten a bit boring :icon_rolleyes: and I realised that normally cosy couples on Tv are pretty boring! 

I can't think of another couple on TV who have been together for 5 years and still have mine (and a lot of other peoples) attention and I think the fact that coitus has not happened yet is a big part of that!

What do you think peeps, if they mushed their bathing suit parts together next episode would we bored of them by the end of the season? :umbrage:

Nah, I don't think that would make them boring, but I'm also in no rush to have them sleeping with each other. And once they do, I don't think they'll be doing it like bunnies all the time. I'm confident that whatever the writers decide to do, they'll keep them still Shamy. If the writers choose to pursue more intimacy between them, I think they'll balance it with all the quirkiness. As much as I love to see them kissing, I don't think they'll have to be all over each other all the time. The writers will find a way to keep them in character.  I see a mix of romance and funny, quirky moments in their future :) 

ETA: I still think they'll remain unique, even though their relationship grows. For example I see Amy moving into Leonard's room at first. I mean which other couple would move in together, but after 5 years still get own rooms? But with Shamy that's part of the charm. 

Edited by bluebird
  • Like 6

Well, I for one wouldn't be bored of them. They are an unique couple and if and when they have sex, that won't change.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, A Shamy gal said:

Well, I for one wouldn't be bored of them. They are an unique couple and if and when they have sex, that won't change.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I think the fact that they are unique allows the writers to constantly come up with fresh new ideas.  Though, as someone else pointed out earlier... I feel like the arguments between them has become repetitive between seasons 5-7.  And for now, we really need a huge a break from any arguments between the two.  I also, wonder if they do argue, how it would be like because Sheldon usually starts it and this is the repetitiveness I'm referring to exactly what I don't want to see.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, jenafan said:

I agree, that we need a break from the arguments.   However, the scenes like the one at the end of FWF when Sheldon continued to harp on her for forgetting to press the record button and she got back in his face was hilarious.    I can't see those going away, and I hope they don't.  

Sheldon is still going to push her buttons once in awhile. I just love seeing the look he gives her back when he realizes he did.   However, we know now they can make up.

Does anyone think the RA will come back or is it over?   I think it is over, and they will try to do things abnormally normal, since Sheldon realizes that setting parameters does not work and he needs to act on his feelings.

I agree with all this. I think they'll still remain Shamy and that means those hilarious, awkward moments between them. Amy will still be irritated sometimes, but now, as you said, we know they can make up. They might still argue, but with love in their hearts.

I also feel that we won't hear about RA anymore. They haven't mentioned it for a long time anyway (besides when Amy got her ears pierced). I think with Sheldon's growth the times when he needed a legal document about their relationship are over. I think the next legal document they'll sing is their marriage licence. 

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, bluebird said:

<snip>

I also feel that we won't hear about RA anymore. They haven't mentioned it for a long time anyway (besides when Amy got her ears pierced). I think with Sheldon's growth the times when he needed a legal document about their relationship are over. I think the next legal document they'll sing is their marriage licence. 

I would be nice if the RA would get mentioned so we could know for sure, like perhaps Penny sees them holding hands regularly or something and asks if they are breaking their silly document, and Sheldon states it died and was buried or something Sheldony to indicate it is no longer in force nor has been resurrected.

• Like 7

Just now, jenafan said:

I would be nice if the RA would get mentioned so we could know for sure, like perhaps Penny sees them holding hands regularly or something and asks if they are breaking their silly document, and Sheldon states it died and was buried or something Sheldony to indicate it is no longer in force nor has been resurrected.

That'd be sweet. It would definitely show much he has grown. 

• Like 1

Good morning the very good people of Shamy fandom! I woke up with the biggest smile on my face today, even though I have barely slept in the last days. 

And about that dream speculation? No way, na-ah, not buying it. They would've sorted it out in that episode.

Since I'm still on cloud nine, I got to thinking.. Do you think Amy takes Sheldon's last name when they get married? It would so weird if she's not Amy Farrah Fowler but Amy Farrah Cooper. 

3 hours ago, Flaky said: Thanks for the details you have given me some lovely dreams !  Just curious why the 3 kissing scenes took 7 takes? Was it just positioning changes or were there bloopers/actors cracking up? 

I bet it was because of the audience. Apparently they went crazy and there was a lot of screaming. I wish we'll get some BTS footage about this episode. 

Don't see anything else but Amy Farrah Fowler-Cooper.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, bluebird said:

I agree with all this. I think they'll still remain Shamy and that means those hilarious, awkward moments between them. Amy will still be irritated sometimes, but now, as you said, we know they can make up. They might still argue, but with love in their hearts.

Marshall and Lily from himym, has sorta reminded me of Shamy because of the fact that they've only had each other and even though M/L had other relationships before they were practically non-existence. And I really liked this little scene in the episode.

13ed25140e00e9cf50aa45c140732918.jpg

• Like 3

It was a curse until my other OTP got together, had a baby, moved in together, married, and just had another baby (Bones Booth &Brennan). These two are still hot and fun after almost five years. It can be done with good writing and a little imagination.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Because Wil Wheaton is in the episode with Professor Proton, I have a sinking suspicion that the ring is coming back up.  

I also think the living arrangements are also going to be brought up again.   Lenny needing to be on their own, Sheldon then having no roommate, and Amy considering moving are all clues that something seems to be being planned for the future.

Maybe the decision Sheldon needs to make is not whether or not to propose to Amy, but whether or not they should be engaged before living together now that they are more intimate, because he understands that living together means a lot more now than just sharing an apartment with her.

I do agree with earlier comments that if they move in together, Amy will likely have Leonard's old room.

Edited by jenafan
  • Like 6

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic