[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Tensor

1 hour ago, pisquenta said:

This is pretty intereting, but it makes it sound like Amy broke up with Sheldon over nothing. 

Not a month ago 80% of this thread was: Amy deserves better. Sheldon must grow and SHOW AMY that he deserves her. 

Key on SHOW her. He didn't show her anything. He's changed, he's grown, but Amy just took him back without explanation.

I've been a pretty vocal member of the 'Sheldon needs to step it up' camp, but I'm  provisionally satisfied with this resolution.  Platonic Permutation makes it crystal clear that Amy expects waay less of Sheldon than I think she should.  At any point after that, he could have her back on a whim, and that's what I began to suspect would be the outcome.  They'd find themselves in a situation where he takes her back with no introspection on his part at all.   The writers could continue writing Sheldon as a closed off, contemptuous jerk, and Amy as his mopey longing girlfriend.

This episode sets up about the perfect amount of growth for him, to me.  No too schmaltzy, just right.  Amy is willing to put up with some of his nonsense, it's not my job as a fan to expect more for her.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, kazzie said:

Ok, So a few pictures to give you more of a visual reference..

Imagine this. But his head tilted more for the mouth on mouth action. her arms around him more and his knee's bent to fit better into her.

because-it-should-have-passion-and-passi

Keeping it classy. That's what I like. Very Shamy.

I literally can't wait to watch this episode 

1 hour ago, A Shamy gal said:

Well, I for one wouldn't be bored of them. They are an unique couple and if and when they have sex, that won't change.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I hope it doesn't. I read a fic once where Shamy had sex and then Amy started dressing all provocatively and completely changed just cause she had sex, that confidence boost you get ya know? I don't ever want to see that for from. 

Edited by Amy Fowler
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, jenafan said:

Because Wil Wheaton is in the episode with Professor Proton, I have a sinking suspicion that the ring is coming back up.  

I also think the living arrangements are also going to be brought up again.   Lenny needing to be on their own, Sheldon then having no roommate, and Amy considering moving are all clues that something seems to be being planned for the future.

Maybe the decision Sheldon needs to make is not whether or not to propose to Amy, but whether or not they should be engaged before living together now that they are more intimate, because he understands that living together means a lot more now than just sharing an apartment with her.

I do agree with earlier comments that if they move in together, Amy will likely have Leonard's old room.

I have to admit to being slightly nervous of the up coming episode - It was the dramatic - help Sheldon make important decision title , I know that may well be a positive thing like engagement or living arrangement etc and that's makes total sense , I know it's silly but I think I'm now wary of what the writers do next !!!. They have spooked me too much the season , I'm sure it'll all be fine - someone tell me it's all going to be ok :) 

Regarding what living arrangements will be ....I 'm thinking Sheldon will ask Lenny to move out so he and Amy can spend time together without any added pressure , you know cute sleepovers with spooning etc till they are comfortable enough to take the moving in plunge !!!! . Before of after engagement I'm not sure ...... But I'm also not sure that they will go through with her having Lenny's room - I wonder if that's what they'll say - possibly what they believe they will have Amy do, but when push comes to shove , Sheldon will want her close :) 

but then, I'm always wrong so who knows lol !!!! 

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, jenafan said:

I do agree with earlier comments that if they move in together, Amy will likely have Leonard's old room.

Before this make out(s) I would agree with you, but not anymore.
I think they are ready to sleep together in the same bed.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, jenafan said:

Because Wil Wheaton is in the episode with Professor Proton, I have a sinking suspicion that the ring is coming back up.  

I also think the living arrangements are also going to be brought up again.   Lenny needing to be on their own, Sheldon then having no roommate, and Amy considering moving are all clues that something seems to be being planned for the future.

Maybe the decision Sheldon needs to make is not whether or not to propose to Amy, but whether or not they should be engaged before living together now that they are more intimate, because he understands that living together means a lot more now than just sharing an apartment with her.

When I saw Wil will (haha) be in this episode, my mind went straight to the ring. The document will probably not come into play, but the proposal in general.

I think the living arrangements are the next thing to be solved. That's why I feel Sheldon's big decision might concern engagement/living together stuff. To Sheldon those are huge things and he'll probably still be a little confused and/or scared. I'm excited to see what Dr. Proton has to say to Sheldon (other than get a prenup).

• Like 5

1 minute ago, camelliayao said:

I think the while point for the writers to set this breakup is for Amy to be not rational or patient for once. If she had a honest talk with Sheldon, they would end up like in 817. Nothing changes.

But now after this breakup, after almost losing Amy, he finally realizes how important Amy is for him and how Amy have changed him for a better man. Now he acknowledges that he is a softer man with emotions rather than a robot who is always logical. He accepts the fact and embraces it.

The truth is Sheldon was not the same man in season 8 as he was 5 years ago. We knew it, Amy knew it and deep inside he knew it but he wouldn't admit himself to it. Because all his life he thinks being a robot who doesn't care for feelings suits him better. And he won't give up on that easily. Which is why sometimes his words and behavior in season 8 don't match his emotions. Like in the Christmas episode, did he really want Amy to feel small and worthless? No. Did he really hate Christmas that much? No really. But he designed a revenge anyway because he thought he was still the old Sheldon. 

He needs something to push him to be true to his feelings. Could this be achieved by a honest talk? I don't think so. 

Really like this post :)

hate this quote thingy so I hope I've quoted the right thing !! I'm out of likes again 

• Like 2

On 12.11.2015 16.03.54, camelliayao said:

I think the while point for the writers to set this breakup is for Amy to be not rational or patient for once. If she had a honest talk with Sheldon, they would end up like in 817. Nothing changes.

But now after this breakup, after almost losing Amy, he finally realizes how important Amy is for him and how Amy have changed him for a better man. Now he acknowledges that he is a softer man with emotions rather than a robot who is always logical. He accepts the fact and embraces it.

The truth is Sheldon was not the same man in season 8 as he was 5 years ago. We knew it, Amy knew it and deep inside he knew it but he wouldn't admit himself to it. Because all his life he thinks being a robot who doesn't care for feelings suits him better. And he won't give up on that easily. Which is why sometimes his words and behavior in season 8 don't match his emotions. Like in the Christmas episode, did he really want Amy to feel small and worthless? No. Did he really hate Christmas that much? No really. But he designed a revenge anyway because he thought he was still the old Sheldon. 

He needs something to push him to be true to his feelings. Could this be achieved by a honest talk? I don't think so. 

This is spot-on. Exactly how I see it. 

On 12.11.2015 15.54.47, Amy Fowler said:

I literally can't wait to watch this episode 

It's exactly one month away right? Let the Shamy reconciliation/hotkissing countdown begin!

Edited by bluebird
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, camelliayao said:

Well said.....I totally agree he is an entirely different person.

I still think they need to communicate about some of their issues but I love how this happened.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, bluebird said:

It's exactly one month away right? Let the Shamy reconciliation/hotkissing countdown begin!

conann.gif.0f7fc9ba9aa2203f4172b9d6c6624

HAHA! I can see myself doing this on the day episode 9.10 finally airs. I'll be anxiously counting down the minutes until the show begins.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, jenafan said: I do agree with earlier comments that if they move in together, Amy will likely have Leonard's old room.

I agree they are ready to share a bed, however it might be an idea to imply she's sleeping in Leonard's old room, to ensure Lenny move out for good.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, April said:

Exactly. I'd also like to point out that the time frame works perfectly to underline this point of view. I mean, just the sheer length of time that it takes him to process it all. From the initial outburst of anger, his arrogant stubbornness, him admitting that he has emotions but cursing those who have tainted his rational mind, his attempts at suppressing his emotions and pretending everything is fine, his façade finally falling apart and exposing his vulnerable human side, the heartbreak and pain crushing him when he thinks that it's probably too late and Amy moved on with someone else, then the realization that no he can't just fill the Amy-shaped void in his life with the next best girl, to the eventual hope that at least maybe they can be friends again, and last but not least his epiphany that yes he wants it all because Amy is the best thing that ever happened to him! And along this painfully slow path were breadcrumbs that would lead the way, starting with Amy's outburst calling out his insulting behaviour, followed by Penny saying he was a bad boyfriend, Leonard pointing out that Amy will eventually move on and deserves to be happy - and the message slowly starts to sink in. We actually see him worry that Amy will find someone better, admitting that he didn't make her a priority, and even more so realising the positive impact she had on him and he's starting to embrace it and do something about the situation by becoming a better man.

All of this took so many small steps - you can't just bundle it all up in a nice conversation and go BAM! here's the new Sheldon! He's a character who's actively resisting change so they had to break him down and bring him to his lowest point for him to even embrace that possibility.

And on the other hand, I do think that they did address a lot of the issues Amy had. Yes, we didn't exactly get a laundry list from her so we can neatly check off each step forward that Sheldon makes. But if you look at the bigger picture I think it's all there. And a lot of it is done by showing not telling. Of course we'll have to wait for the next episodes to see how much of that sticks and how their relationship dynamic will change. But with all the work they've done this season I'm quite optimistic about it all.

This all, very well said. This describes beautifully the whole journey that lead to Sheldon's growth and their reconciliation. Just like I expected, now that we know how it'll turn out, this whole story arc makes sense to me. There really were path of breadcrumbs that were showing us where this is leading. It is very well crafted and I give the writers credit for it. I always knew there will be people who aren't happy with it, no matter how it'll eventually be done. This break up wasn't just for the drama, ultimately it had a great purpose. Sheldon's character can not be changed easily without it being OOC, so it really did require a break up and all of this long, painful journey he was forced to take. I had faith in the writers the whole time, but this still surprised me in a positive way. 

Bolted part, I agree once again. We'll see how all of this will change their relationship dynamic in the end, but like you I'm optimistic and trust the writers.

Edited by bluebird
  • Like 7

I feel like if they were to keep the arguments the way it always has been between the two then I’d be irritated because I don’t like this kind of conflict.  It’s getting boring to me.  But I do understand that if they were to take it away then they’d remove the essence of Sheldon’s character and then they’d be more like a normal couple which shows a different aspect to this relationship.  It could just mean a happy quirky couple with normal conflicts every now and then.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, pisquenta said:

This is pretty intereting, but it makes it sound like Amy broke up with Sheldon over nothing. 

Not a month ago 80% of this thread was: Amy deserves better. Sheldon must grow and SHOW AMY that he deserves her. 

Key on SHOW her. He didn't show her anything. He's changed, he's grown, but Amy just took him back without explanation.

and thats a possibility. we never saw Amys POV and never got an explanation from her, so all we are left with is trying to put the puzzle together without all the pieces. i was just replying to a post addressing this frustration, which i too share...and what i laid it out was one possible explanation to try to make sense of the break up, that it was an emotional reaction to Sheldons distracted kiss that snowballed into a six month separation...

its not that Amy didnt have a right to be upset, Sheldon is a pill...but the fact she ia willing to accept him back without resolving anything after a fun day at the aquarium is, in my opinion, evidence that she ia trying to undo and reverse a mistake SHE made in her mind. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, A Shamy gal said:

I definitely want their friends to see something to stop the teasing and japes.  Can you just imagine the look on Howard's face if he ever saw Shamy having a passionate kiss.  It would be priceless.

Oh I want this too. It would be absolutely brilliant.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, A Shamy gal said:

I definitely want their friends to see something to stop the teasing and japes.  Can you just imagine the look on Howard's face if he ever saw Shamy having a passionate kiss.  It would be priceless.

It feels like with the latest taping report so many fanfic scenarios are suddenly at the brink of becoming reality! With Sheldon going mad over a love song and making out with Amy in front of strangers it feels like anything is possible! I'm still not sure how to deal with that. lol

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Chiany said:

Have sex or just same a bed?

4 hours ago, A Shamy gal said:

Can you just imagine the look on Howard's face if he ever saw Shamy having a passionate kiss.  It would be priceless.

I can imagine Howard and Raj (maybe even Leonard) having a bet on about that

Edited by Amy Fowler
  • Like 2

I was thinking...how nice from the writers to make them reconcilliate in Episode 10, which will air after a long hiatus. Do you imagine what mess this place would have been if we had to wait 3 weeks knowing they were not together yet? Waiting for the episode to air will be so awesome now!!! And for me they saved Steven's Marchant twitter account (if he has one) from so many angry tweets!! LOL

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 5

24 minutes ago, A Shamy gal said:

Remember  last season when Leonard said he had seen them kiss and it was not romantic?  And Sheldon agreed 

Boy, has that changed!

Edited by heres2U
  • Like 9

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic