[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Tensor

31 minutes ago, April said:

It feels like with the latest taping report so many fanfic scenarios are suddenly at the brink of becoming reality! With Sheldon going mad over a love song and making out with Amy in front of strangers it feels like anything is possible! I'm still not sure how to deal with that. lol

:D

tumblr_nq5emyCnAH1scqzaao1_250.gif

tumblr_nq5emyCnAH1scqzaao2_250.gif

Edited by AlFisher
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, April said:

Exactly. I'd also like to point out that the time frame works perfectly to underline this point of view. I mean, just the sheer length of time that it takes him to process it all. From the initial outburst of anger, his arrogant stubbornness, him admitting that he has emotions but cursing those who have tainted his rational mind, his attempts at suppressing his emotions and pretending everything is fine, his façade finally falling apart and exposing his vulnerable human side, the heartbreak and pain crushing him when he thinks that it's probably too late and Amy moved on with someone else, then the realization that no he can't just fill the Amy-shaped void in his life with the next best girl, to the eventual hope that at least maybe they can be friends again, and last but not least his epiphany that yes he wants it all because Amy is the best thing that ever happened to him! And along this painfully slow path were breadcrumbs that would lead the way, starting with Amy's outburst calling out his insulting behaviour, followed by Penny saying he was a bad boyfriend, Leonard pointing out that Amy will eventually move on and deserves to be happy - and the message slowly starts to sink in. We actually see him worry that Amy will find someone better, admitting that he didn't make her a priority, and even more so realising the positive impact she had on him and he's starting to embrace it and do something about the situation by becoming a better man.

All of this took so many small steps - you can't just bundle it all up in a nice conversation and go BAM! here's the new Sheldon! He's a character who's actively resisting change so they had to break him down and bring him to his lowest point for him to even embrace that possibility.

And on the other hand, I do think that they did address a lot of the issues Amy had. Yes, we didn't exactly get a laundry list from her so we can neatly check off each step forward that Sheldon makes. But if you look at the bigger picture I think it's all there. And a lot of it is done by showing not telling. Of course we'll have to wait for the next episodes to see how much of that sticks and how their relationship dynamic will change. But with all the work they've done this season I'm quite optimistic about it all.

I want to marry this post.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, kazzie said:

Oh Guys.. I can safely say he is "ready".. Referring back to this kiss.. He was kneeling enough to push his body into hers. Even in that area. You could see him clearly move himself closer to Amy in THAT area as well. Im trying to find a picture on 2 people kissing to give you the best idea..

I say it again: YOU ARE KILLING ME!!!!!!! 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

So I was talking about RST (resolved sexual tension) with a friend yesterday and I'm curious if everyone actually wants to see Shamy have their 'Big Bang' ?

Watching Arrow I wanted 2 of those characters together so bad and now that they are it's gotten a bit boring :icon_rolleyes: and I realised that normally cosy couples on Tv are pretty boring! 

I can't think of another couple on TV who have been together for 5 years and still have mine (and a lot of other peoples) attention and I think the fact that coitus has not happened yet is a big part of that!

What do you think peeps, if they mushed their bathing suit parts together next episode would we bored of them by the end of the season? :umbrage:

They're such a lovely and unique couple....I'd never get bored of them.

Edited by MJistheBOMB
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, A Shamy gal said:

I definitely want their friends to see something to stop the teasing and japes.  Can you just imagine the look on Howard's face if he ever saw Shamy having a passionate kiss.  It would be priceless.

I can imagine Howard with a look quite like he had right after they met.....Good God what have we done? That would be awesome....Raj can then say....we did that!!!!!! and get all gushy because we know how Raj is.

46 minutes ago, April said:

It feels like with the latest taping report so many fanfic scenarios are suddenly at the brink of becoming reality! With Sheldon going mad over a love song and making out with Amy in front of strangers it feels like anything is possible! I'm still not sure how to deal with that. lol

There is one already: Check it out

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11611056/1/Amy-s-Ear-Worm-Spoilers

by my buddy Boys3allC.....

• Like 4

9 hours ago, MJistheBOMB said:

Lucky Mayim indeed.

How strange does that have to be, though, filming make out scenes with like your best friend?  I know they've known it's coming for a long time (not specifically this episode, but generally), but still, had to be strange, right?

I'm kinda wondering about shirtless Sheldon potential, too, I mean we see it with all the other guys in the context of intimacy.  Remember back when Hawking was first on and Sheldon had to wear the French maid outfit?  He said at that time that it was supposed to be Leia's gold bikini, but he said no because he didn't want his chest/stomach exposed (actually it was cuter, he said he didn't want people seeing "his Situation" saying how he's not built like The Situation from Jersey Shore.)

Yet we've seen him bulking up a bit since then , right?  I'm thinking of the "muscular Sheldon" comparisons someone posted a couple days ago where he was so skinny before and in Ep 824 you can see him forearm muscles as he's closing the laptop.)

Has someone been filling out a bit as he's become a leading man knowing some kind of intimate scenes were probably coming?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Amy Fowler said:

Keeping it classy. That's what I like. Very Shamy.

I literally can't wait to watch this episode 

I hope it doesn't. I read a fic once where Shamy had sex and then Amy started dressing all provocatively and completely changed just cause she had sex, that confidence boost you get ya know? I don't ever want to see that for from. 

The recent promo does show that Amy has lost some of the layers and she did look good because of it.  As far as dressing provocatively goes, well that will never happen because Mayim would never agree to it.  And to be honest, it's not needed.

Edited by A Shamy gal
  • Like 8

4 minutes ago, A Shamy gal said:

The recent promo does show that Amy has lost some of the layers and she did look good because of it.  As far as dressing provocatively goes, well that will never happen because Mayim would never agree to it.  And to be honest, it's not needed.

I agree it is not needed. She can dress up just with a few less layers.

10 hours ago, rachelshamyfan said:

I've got it in my head now that Sheldon stayed the night with Amy and nobody can tell me otherwise!

:icon_cheesygrin:

spent the night cuddling in the couch..."yes we cuddled, grow up Leonard"

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, jlove said:

How strange does that have to be, though, filming make out scenes with like your best friend?  I know they've known it's coming for a long time (not specifically this episode, but generally), but still, had to be strange, right?

Na, actors usually don't have these kinds of hang ups. From what Kazzie reported they had a ton of fun BTS. lol

19 minutes ago, jlove said:

I'm kinda wondering about shirtless Sheldon potential, too, I mean we see it with all the other guys in the context of intimacy.  Remember back when Hawking was first on and Sheldon had to wear the French maid outfit?  He said at that time that it was supposed to be Leia's gold bikini, but he said no because he didn't want his chest/stomach exposed (actually it was cuter, he said he didn't want people seeing "his Situation" saying how he's not built like The Situation from Jersey Shore.)

Yet we've seen him bulking up a bit since then , right?  I'm thinking of the "muscular Sheldon" comparisons someone posted a couple days ago where he was so skinny before and in Ep 824 you can see him forearm muscles as he's closing the laptop.)

Has someone been filling out a bit as he's become a leading man knowing some kind of intimate scenes were probably coming?

Did you forget about The Troll Manifestation and Cooper in the bathtub?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, April said:

Na, actors usually don't have these kinds of hang ups. From what Kazzie reported they had a ton of fun BTS. lol

Did you forget about The Troll Manifestation and Cooper in the bathtub?

He's still working out.  I've not seen any reports as to the status of his guns recently.

1 minute ago, A Shamy gal said:

He's still working out.  I've not seen any reports as to the status of his guns recently.

Oh boy...

Makes me wonder: Will the gang ever notice how built Sheldon is? Will Amy soon be swooning on girls' night about him being a hunk?? lmao

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 2L344 said:

and thats a possibility. we never saw Amys POV and never got an explanation from her, so all we are left with is trying to put the puzzle together without all the pieces. i was just replying to a post addressing this frustration, which i too share...and what i laid it out was one possible explanation to try to make sense of the break up, that it was an emotional reaction to Sheldons distracted kiss that snowballed into a six month separation...

its not that Amy didnt have a right to be upset, Sheldon is a pill...but the fact she ia willing to accept him back without resolving anything after a fun day at the aquarium is, in my opinion, evidence that she ia trying to undo and reverse a mistake SHE made in her mind. 

Pretty much how I feel. One fun day with Sheldon and BAM she wants him back. 3 episodes ago she couldn't even skype with him without looking bored/upset. Maybe I'm the weird one here. 

And yes I agree an honest talk wouldn't move Sheldon much, but it seems to me that it's still missing. 

But whatever I just want them to make out as much as possible and make me forget about this ugly period. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, April said:

All of this took so many small steps - you can't just bundle it all up in a nice conversation and go BAM! here's the new Sheldon! He's a character who's actively resisting change so they had to break him down and bring him to his lowest point for him to even embrace that possibility.

This whole post is brilliant.

Just explanding on what I quoted. To those thinking 'omg Sheldon's suddenly changed and become a hippy' he hasn't. He's realised he can't fight feelings anymore. And nor should be have too. He's chosen the life he has, the friendships he's got and the environment he lives & works in and it's comfortable for him to function. His family and school were the opposite, he's always had to fight the uncomfortableness he's felt, those horrible feelings people made him have so he's built up these walls so he can be comfortable . But now, his environment might have changed but he hasn't, he's still in this comfortable fort he's built up around him but outside those walls isn't surrounded by sharks like it was when he was at school and at home. Now he's moved on from that place the outside isn't as nasty as he thinks, he chose his roommate, he chose to live in LA, he chose that apartment. It's not like his house in Texas and the schools he was at. I do think he's slowly made holes in those walls so he can let the light (Leonard, Amy, Penny) from outside in but he was doing it slowly so that if he needed to seal up those walls if he experienced something he didn't like it or something he was scared of he could do that. But when he lost Amy, someone came to those walls of his with a fuck off wrecking ball and smashed those barriers down, and he had to feel that hurt and sadness cause he couldn't rebuild those walls quick enough to stop him from feeling and it all got to much for him so he did what he had to do to make himself comfortable with feeling those feelings. He's tried to carry on as if nothing happened and that didn't work, He tried to replace his feelings for his girlfriend and best friend but that didn't work so now he's left with one option and that's to replace those negative feelings with happy feelings and that's making him change. I guess you could say he's welcoming feelings and with that changing him as a person. How many times has he listened to music in the past? And he's never allowed it effect him and change his views on things being discussed in the songs? Or even try with relating to it? I can think of atleast two during the shows run. Now he's letting things effect him he listened to Darlin' and he felt something, he listened to the lyrics, took it in and related it to a feeling aka his love for Amy. That's why he went round there and let what happened happend. He embraced his feelings, fully and expressed it becuse he's got nothing to prevent him from doing that now. Those barriers have been demolished. He's not suddenly changing, he's been changing slowly over the years just the change could be so minuscule we don't see it but becuse this Amy break happened and it was so explosive we all think he's gone from 1-100 in that time frame. But he hasn't, he's always been changing :) 

Edited by Amy Fowler
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, jlove said:

It is a very weird experience having to play romanticly off of your best friend. It's like makin out with your sibling so it's strange on that point but it's also comforting. You know it means nothing, it won't effect you're real relationship just cause of what your characters do, and you could joke about how awkward snogging each other was afterwards :laugh:. In my experience anyway :laugh: I prefer being romantic with my best friend than with a stranger. No hang ups like April said but it does effect you as an actor when you do something like Jim and Mayim have done. In varies ways

Edited by Amy Fowler
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, bluebird said:

Oh yeah! No way past Sheldon would've done something like that. 

Nah, I don't think that would make them boring, but I'm also in no rush to have them sleeping with each other. And once they do, I don't think they'll be doing it like bunnies all the time. I'm confident that whatever the writers decide to do, they'll keep them still Shamy. If the writers choose to pursue more intimacy between them, I think they'll balance it with all the quirkiness. As much as I love to see them kissing, I don't think they'll have to be all over each other all the time. The writers will find a way to keep them in character.  I see a mix of romance and funny, quirky moments in their future :) 

ETA: I still think they'll remain unique, even though their relationship grows. For example I see Amy moving into Leonard's room at first. I mean which other couple would move in together, but after 5 years still get own rooms? But with Shamy that's part of the charm. 

I thought about this, too, but the only way I can see her moving into Leonard's room is if, now that they're at the point where it seems like intimacy is ACTUALLY on the table, Amy is the one who gets cold feet.  Not about the relationship, but about sex itself.  She wants to be with him, even get engaged, whatever, but wants to ease into coitus.  One, it feels like something the writers would do, turning the tables like that.  Two, it opens up the possibility of sexually frustrated Sheldon, which I could see the writers wanting to use for comedy.  Not acting frustrated towards Amy, because that would be cruel and we want new, sweet sensitive Sheldon, but what a difference it would be to have him grumpy around the guys at lunch because he's not getting any, instead of grumpy because that's all they talk about.

This isn't my favorite plotline per se, but something I could see the writers doing.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, jlove said:

Oh, definitely. He knew that bathtub scene was coming and he knows more stuff is coming too.

Edited by MJistheBOMB
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, April said:

Exactly. I'd also like to point out that the time frame works perfectly to underline this point of view. I mean, just the sheer length of time that it takes him to process it all. From the initial outburst of anger, his arrogant stubbornness, him admitting that he has emotions but cursing those who have tainted his rational mind, his attempts at suppressing his emotions and pretending everything is fine, his façade finally falling apart and exposing his vulnerable human side, the heartbreak and pain crushing him when he thinks that it's probably too late and Amy moved on with someone else, then the realization that no he can't just fill the Amy-shaped void in his life with the next best girl, to the eventual hope that at least maybe they can be friends again, and last but not least his epiphany that yes he wants it all because Amy is the best thing that ever happened to him! And along this painfully slow path were breadcrumbs that would lead the way, starting with Amy's outburst calling out his insulting behaviour, followed by Penny saying he was a bad boyfriend, Leonard pointing out that Amy will eventually move on and deserves to be happy - and the message slowly starts to sink in. We actually see him worry that Amy will find someone better, admitting that he didn't make her a priority, and even more so realising the positive impact she had on him and he's starting to embrace it and do something about the situation by becoming a better man.

And on the other hand, I do think that they did address a lot of the issues Amy had. Yes, we didn't exactly get a laundry list from her so we can neatly check off each step forward that Sheldon makes. But if you look at the bigger picture I think it's all there. And a lot of it is done by showing not telling. Of course we'll have to wait for the next episodes to see how much of that sticks and how their relationship dynamic will change. But with all the work they've done this season I'm quite optimistic about it all.

Every word of THIS.  You have a magic touch with explanations.  Just lovely.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Amy Fowler said:

He's not suddenly changing, he's been changing slowly over the years just the change could be so minuscule we don't see it but because this Amy break happened and it was so explosive we all think he's gone from 1-100 in that time frame. But he hasn't, he's always been changing :) 

Yes, this! I don't see the direction of his character development as sudden or surprising at all. The writers put him on this journey a long long time ago and you could see various aspects of what he would become peeking through his defences whenever he let his guard down for a moment. What is monumental though is that instead of stubbornly digging his feet into the sand and let the other characters drag him along, he's now making the first few steps on his own volition.

Thinking further about it, maybe this is what his talk with Proton will be about. This whole thing has been shaping up to be a bit of a life changer for him so I can imagine that he may be hesitant and scared and unsure how to proceed. And he'll probably need a moment to sort this all out.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, A Shamy gal said:

I definitely want their friends to see something to stop the teasing and japes.  Can you just imagine the look on Howard's face if he ever saw Shamy having a passionate kiss.  It would be priceless.

If I can get fanfic-y for a minute (And why the hell not?  The writers just did...LOL):

The gang is together and someone, probably Howard, says something not-so-nice about their relationship/physical stuff/something like that.  Maybe Bernie smacks him and says something about leaving them alone to go at their own pace, not everyone has to rush into intimacy, etc.  Maybe even Leonard or Raj says something about being love doesn't mean they have to be all over each other or something.  Even though they're being nice it still shows that everyone thinks that they're in love but basically are still hands-off or dispassionate.

Amy just rolls her eyes expecting them to just ignore it all again, but Sheldon walks over, grabs both sides of her face and lays the mother of all kisses on her.  Cue silence, shock and maybe an impressed Howard face.

Edited by jlove
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, rachelshamyfan said:

I've got it in my head now that Sheldon stayed the night with Amy and nobody can tell me otherwise!

:icon_cheesygrin:

But did they or didn't they? That is the question #ShamyShakespeare 

5 minutes ago, April said:

Yes, this! I don't see the direction of his character development as sudden or surprising at all. The writers put him on this journey a long long time ago and you could see various aspects of what he would become peeking through his defences whenever he let his guard down for a moment. What is monumental though is that instead of stubbornly digging his feet into the sand and let the other characters drag him along, he's now making the first few steps on his own volition.

Thinking further about it, maybe this is what his talk with Proton will be about. This whole thing has been shaping up to be a bit of a life changer for him so I can imagine that he may be hesitant and scared and unsure how to proceed. And he'll probably need a moment to sort this all out.

Exactly exactly exactly! Thousand times over! 

I can't wait for this talk with Proton. He's like Sheldon's guardian Jedi :laugh: 

• Like 2

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic