Jump to content

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9


Tensor
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, kimbee73 said:

I agree it is not needed. She can dress up just with a few less layers.

Yes, she looks lovely in the last couple dresses we've seen.  But am I the only one who has been waiting on bated breath for the sexiness of Sheldon unbuttoning her cardigan?  Even if that's all they showed as a lead-up into their first time I thought I could be completely satisfied with some intense kissing and him undoing her cardigan.  He pulls it off and then fade to black.  Even though she would still have like 3 layers on it would be enough.

Edited by jlove
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, jlove said:

Yes, she looks lovely in the last couple dresses we've seen.  But am I the only one who has been waiting on bated breath for the sexiness of Sheldon unbuttoning her cardigan?  Even if that's all the showed as a lead-up into their first time I thought I could be completely satisfied with some intense kissing and him undoing her cardigan.  He pulls it off and then fade to black.  Even though she would still have like 3 layers on it would be enough.

Okay yeah that works too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, April said:

 Na, actors usually don't have these kinds of hang ups. From what Kazzie reported they had a ton of fun BTS. lol

Did you forget about The Troll Manifestation and Cooper in the bathtub?

Ooooh, I had forgotten about Troll - ok, chest, but no abs.  LOL

And yeah, I know actors deal with this stuff, probably weirder for Johnny and Kaley having been really together and then not and still doing it, but I still contend that with someone you're really close with it has to be a bit different.  Not a hangup, but still, it's gotta be a little strange. :-P

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, jlove said:

Yes, she looks lovely in the last couple dresses we've seen.  But am I the only one who has been waiting on bated breath for the sexiness of Sheldon unbuttoning her cardigan?  Even if that's all they showed as a lead-up into their first time I thought I could be completely satisfied with some intense kissing and him undoing her cardigan.  He pulls it off and then fade to black.  Even though she would still have like 3 layers on it would be enough.

If he were overly anxious he could just pull it over her head without bothering to unbuttoning it.   Actually, I see Amy doing it for him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, jlove said:

If I can get fanfic-y for a minute (And why the hell not?  The writers just did...LOL):

The gang is together and someone, probably Howard, says something not-so-nice about their relationship/physical stuff/something like that.  Maybe Bernie smacks him and says something about leaving them alone to go at their own pace, not everyone has to rush into intimacy, etc.  Maybe even Leonard or Raj says something about being love doesn't mean they have to be all over each other or something.  Even though they're being nice it still shows that everyone thinks that they're in love but basically are still hands-off or dispassionate.

Amy just rolls her eyes expecting them to just ignore it all again, but Sheldon walks over, grabs both sides of her face and lays the mother of all kisses on her.  Cue silence, shock and maybe an impressed Howard face.

How awesome would this be? Sure it's a little fanfic-y, but after reading the latest TR, why the hell not? It would definitely get others off their back. I can just imagine the jaws that'd be dropped. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, April said:

Exactly. I'd also like to point out that the time frame works perfectly to underline this point of view. I mean, just the sheer length of time that it takes him to process it all. From the initial outburst of anger, his arrogant stubbornness, him admitting that he has emotions but cursing those who have tainted his rational mind, his attempts at suppressing his emotions and pretending everything is fine, his façade finally falling apart and exposing his vulnerable human side, the heartbreak and pain crushing him when he thinks that it's probably too late and Amy moved on with someone else, then the realization that no he can't just fill the Amy-shaped void in his life with the next best girl, to the eventual hope that at least maybe they can be friends again, and last but not least his epiphany that yes he wants it all because Amy is the best thing that ever happened to him! And along this painfully slow path were breadcrumbs that would lead the way, starting with Amy's outburst calling out his insulting behaviour, followed by Penny saying he was a bad boyfriend, Leonard pointing out that Amy will eventually move on and deserves to be happy - and the message slowly starts to sink in. We actually see him worry that Amy will find someone better, admitting that he didn't make her a priority, and even more so realising the positive impact she had on him and he's starting to embrace it and do something about the situation by becoming a better man.

All of this took so many small steps - you can't just bundle it all up in a nice conversation and go BAM! here's the new Sheldon! He's a character who's actively resisting change so they had to break him down and bring him to his lowest point for him to even embrace that possibility.

And on the other hand, I do think that they did address a lot of the issues Amy had. Yes, we didn't exactly get a laundry list from her so we can neatly check off each step forward that Sheldon makes. But if you look at the bigger picture I think it's all there. And a lot of it is done by showing not telling. Of course we'll have to wait for the next episodes to see how much of that sticks and how their relationship dynamic will change. But with all the work they've done this season I'm quite optimistic about it all.

I absolutely love this.   At the S8 Finale, we could not see where all this was headed, but now the picture is crystal clear.   Thank you for the cliff notes version of everything we have been through with Sheldon this season.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, jenafan said:

If he were overly anxious he could just pull it over her head without bothering to unbuttoning it.   Actually, I see Amy doing it for him. 

I was also picturing Amy doing it to him. I wouldn't mind seeing some shirtless beefy-Jim.. Oh my.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, kazzie said:

When Dave shouted "KISS HER YOU BRILLIANT FOOL!" He stepped closer to her. They slowly and awkwardly started positioning their hand on one another. The sort of way you would after breaking a kiss and stepping back. Once they had their hands in place, They just smiled. They never broke that smile and moved in to embrace each other with the kiss. The way they moved in was very mutual. But It did seem that Sheldon started to move his head in first. This wasn't just a lip on lip. It was open mouthed implied.

It didn't look like it was desire. It just looked like pure unconditional love with a hint of Shamy.

When They broke apart for the first time. They were smiling. Like Turtle the turtle episode. When Sheldon apologised for interrupting the date and turned to leave, Amy pulling him back for the second kiss. As I mentioned before there was 2 takes. One of them mutual as above but with no awkwardness and one Amy pulling him into an embrace and kissing. Both takes had passion. But the second one seemed more desire.

I really think they spent the night together making out and cuddling. Either Sheldon stayed with Amy that night (No coitus) or Amy dropped Sheldon home and ended up staying with Sheldon (No coitus). You don't kiss the way they did then call it a night. Even for Shamy. But I guess we might never know.

As for next week. I don't think anything is out of order taping wise. I think that Sheldon will propose next week. I mean, He was going to propose to her when they weren't even together. There is NO reason for him to wait now. But I can see Sheldon being more nervous now they are back together. We know that PP is helping Sheldon to make decision right? I think It will be about if he should ask amy to marry him now or later, Considering they only just got back together. Especially with Will Weaton in the episode who KNOWS about the ring.

Thank you for so much wonderful details here.   I'm sure you will have another green ribbon for this in no time.

I agree.  I think the proposal will be next week, and I also see no reason for him to wait.

Edited by jenafan
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, kazzie said:

As for next week. I don't think anything is out of order taping wise. I think that Sheldon will propose next week. I mean, He was going to propose to her when they weren't even together. There is NO reason for him to wait now. But I can see Sheldon being more nervous now they are back together. We know that PP is helping Sheldon to make decision right? I think It will be about if he should ask amy to marry him now or later, Considering they only just got back together. Especially with Will Weaton in the episode who KNOWS about the ring.

All the details about the kiss, just music to my ears! My brain gets all fuzzy when thinking about it. 

I'm totally with you on this, there's no reason for him to drag it any longer. Lenny and Wil already know about the ring so it's out there, not just Sheldon's own little secret. Wil being in the next episode fits just perfectly. I don't see how he could not say anything to Sheldon about the ring, especially after Shamy is reunited. Sheldon might still be a bit scared but that's why we have Dr. Proton.

Edited by bluebird
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, jenafan said:

I absolutely love this.   At the S8 Finale, we could not see where all this was headed, but now the picture is crystal clear.   Thank you for the cliff notes version of everything we have been through with Sheldon this season.

You're welcome. As you can tell, I love the hell out of this story line - as painful as it was. But what a great pay-off - totally worth it!! <3

8 minutes ago, kazzie said:

As for next week. I don't think anything is out of order taping wise. I think that Sheldon will propose next week. I mean, He was going to propose to her when they weren't even together. There is NO reason for him to wait now. But I can see Sheldon being more nervous now they are back together. We know that PP is helping Sheldon to make decision right? I think It will be about if he should ask amy to marry him now or later, Considering they only just got back together. Especially with Will Weaton in the episode who KNOWS about the ring.

Sounds plausible, yes. It would be such a wonderful closure to this whole arc!

(And as always, many thanks for the additional details. I'm grinning like an idiot. lol)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, April said:

You're welcome. As you can tell, I love the hell out of this story line - as painful as it was. But what a great pay-off - totally worth it!! <3

Now that it's all over, I'm also completely in love with this story arc! The last episode sealed it perfectly. When I was feeling frustrated with this story line, I just kept thinking how greatly we'll be rewarded in the end. And the writers didn't disappoint me, this is totally worth all the pain they put us trough. Just utterly beautiful.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, kazzie said:

When Dave shouted "KISS HER YOU BRILLIANT FOOL!" He stepped closer to her. They slowly and awkwardly started positioning their hand on one another. The sort of way you would after breaking a kiss and stepping back. Once they had their hands in place, They just smiled. They never broke that smile and moved in to embrace each other with the kiss. The way they moved in was very mutual. But It did seem that Sheldon started to move his head in first. This wasn't just a lip on lip. It was open mouthed implied.

It didn't look like it was desire. It just looked like pure unconditional love with a hint of Shamy.

When They broke apart for the first time. They were smiling. Like Turtle the turtle episode. When Sheldon apologised for interrupting the date and turned to leave, Amy pulling him back for the second kiss. As I mentioned before there was 2 takes. One of them mutual as above but with no awkwardness and one Amy pulling him into an embrace and kissing. Both takes had passion. But the second one seemed more desire.

I really think they spent the night together making out and cuddling. Either Sheldon stayed with Amy that night (No coitus) or Amy dropped Sheldon home and ended up staying with Sheldon (No coitus). You don't kiss the way they did then call it a night. Even for Shamy. But I guess we might never know.

As for next week. I don't think anything is out of order taping wise. I think that Sheldon will propose next week. I mean, He was going to propose to her when they weren't even together. There is NO reason for him to wait now. But I can see Sheldon being more nervous now they are back together. We know that PP is helping Sheldon to make decision right? I think It will be about if he should ask amy to marry him now or later, Considering they only just got back together. Especially with Will Weaton in the episode who KNOWS about the ring.

With Wil being in it, the logical assumption is that Sheldon will propose, but maybe that is too obvious.  Wil might in it for another reason.  Maybe it will be something to do with the other characters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, kazzie said:

When Dave shouted "KISS HER YOU BRILLIANT FOOL!" He stepped closer to her. They slowly and awkwardly started positioning their hand on one another. The sort of way you would after breaking a kiss and stepping back. Once they had their hands in place, They just smiled. They never broke that smile and moved in to embrace each other with the kiss. The way they moved in was very mutual. But It did seem that Sheldon started to move his head in first. This wasn't just a lip on lip. It was open mouthed implied.

It didn't look like it was desire. It just looked like pure unconditional love with a hint of Shamy.

When They broke apart for the first time. They were smiling. Like Turtle the turtle episode. When Sheldon apologised for interrupting the date and turned to leave, Amy pulling him back for the second kiss. As I mentioned before there was 2 takes. One of them mutual as above but with no awkwardness and one Amy pulling him into an embrace and kissing. Both takes had passion. But the second one seemed more desire.

I really think they spent the night together making out and cuddling. Either Sheldon stayed with Amy that night (No coitus) or Amy dropped Sheldon home and ended up staying with Sheldon (No coitus). You don't kiss the way they did then call it a night. Even for Shamy. But I guess we might never know.

As for next week. I don't think anything is out of order taping wise. I think that Sheldon will propose next week. I mean, He was going to propose to her when they weren't even together. There is NO reason for him to wait now. But I can see Sheldon being more nervous now they are back together. We know that PP is helping Sheldon to make decision right? I think It will be about if he should ask amy to marry him now or later, Considering they only just got back together. Especially with Will Weaton in the episode who KNOWS about the ring.

I love all this detail , it's so good of you, thank you :) . It all sounds so amazing !!!

Wow if you get to see the proposal as well !!!!! That would be wonderful :) .

Thanks so much again, have an amazing trip !

Edited by Soopysue
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, April said:

 

Sounds plausible, yes. It would be such a wonderful closure to this whole arc!

 

Do you think they will miss the opportunity to drag out the line of engagement for the next half of the season? all at once: and reconciliation and engagement... just a birthday cake with cream and caramel and chocolate. yummy!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, AlFisher said:

Do you think they will miss the opportunity to drag out the line of engagement for the next half of the season? all at once: and reconciliation and engagement... just a birthday cake with cream and caramel and chocolate. yummy!

Well they did give us Sheldon saying dippy-hippy stuff about Amy, reconciliation, ILYs and 3 make out scenes. And this was after they convinced us they'll just friend-zone this. At this point nothing will surprise me.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bluebird said:

Well they did give us Sheldon saying dippy-hippy stuff about Amy, reconciliation, ILYs and 3 make out scenes. And this was after they convinced us they'll just friend-zone this. At this point nothing will surprise me.

First they wanted us to be drowned in tears, and now they want us to die of happiness ... Generally they just want to get rid of us LOL

 

Edited by AlFisher
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, CentralPerk said:

I hope spoiler free people don't read the comments on instagram picture (Melissa, and other). Because some teases.. :-/

It's really difficult to be spoiler free nowadays.. But luckily it's good spoilers! I could imagine if I was going spoiler free that tonight's episode would make me extremely depressed. But yeah, people shouldn't post spoilers anywhere else than their own accounts. Or here :) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, AlFisher said:

Do you think they will miss the opportunity to drag out the line of engagement for the next half of the season? all at once: and reconciliation and engagement... just a birthday cake with cream and caramel and chocolate. yummy!

As much as other have been constantly complaining that the writers love to drag things out I never really agreed with that. I didn't find this story arc dragging at all. At the very least each episode gave me a good enough reason to understand why we didn't get a reconciliation earlier. It all made a whole lot of sense to me and I don't think there's an episode wasted here. So in case they don't want the engagement, yet, I'm sure they'll give us at least a plausible reason.

But I do think it would fit to get the proposal now. For starters, the engagement ring has been closely tied to the break up plot. I think it's really hard to write around that now. 200th episode, maybe. But end of the season? I don't think so. Also, I kind of like the idea that after 6 months of break up we'd go from friendship to back together to engagement with each step neatly wrapped up in a single episode!

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.