[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Tensor

18 minutes ago, A Shamy gal said:

With Wil being in it, the logical assumption is that Sheldon will propose, but maybe that is too obvious.  Wil might in it for another reason.  Maybe it will be something to do with the other characters.

Any chance that there is a trailer for the documentary that shows before the Star Wars premiere?  Everyone is in the theater, sees it, Sheldon is in the trailer at some level...maybe having an outburst, maybe the part about "I had an engagement ring to give a girl and instead she rejected me.  And am I emotional about that?  No."

Edited by jlove
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, kazzie said:

I spent the whole day with Dana yesterday who is spoiler free, Additional I'm staying with Michy who is spoiler free... You have NO idea.. haha!

Ive managed to NOT spoil them so far

My father in law is spoiler free and I live with him. So it is really hard to not say a word. And it will be extra hard after tonight's episode when I know that Dave is going to play a huge part in the reconciliation.

I tell friends who don't watch the show the spoilers so I don't spill the beans to someone who does and doesn't want to know. That helps a little.

My sister who is also spoiler free keeps asking do you know something and I have to tell her I do but I am not telling you. She may want to know more after tonight's episode.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, kazzie said:

I spent the whole day with Dana yesterday who is spoiler free, Additional I'm staying with Michy who is spoiler free... You have NO idea.. haha!

I really can't imagine how can you do that!!! With all you have seen at the taping, should be so difficult not speaking about it!! But you are a very good friend!!!

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, kimbee73 said:

My father in law is spoiler free and I live with him. So it is really hard to not say a word. And it will be extra hard after tonight's episode when I know that Dave is going to play a huge part in the reconciliation.

I tell friends who don't watch the show the spoilers so I don't spill the beans to someone who does and doesn't want to know. That helps a little.

My sister who is also spoiler free keeps asking do you know something and I have to tell her I do but I am not telling you. She may want to know more after tonight's episode.

Really hard for me too. My friends and sister watch the episodes nearly one week after it airs. Very difficult during one month not to say anything. So I speak about it with friends who don't mind but they really don't care about it and they don't understand my enthusiasm. They find me and the subject boring :(

I agree that when you are spoiler free, and want to stay spoiler free, you must avoid social media and internet. It must be very difficult. I just wanted to point sometimes we (the 'not spoiler free'  in general) must try to refrain us for them. Especially on the actors accounts. But I agree, it is hard. Especially with good news when all is bad.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CentralPerk said:

I agree that when you are spoiler free, and want to stay spoiler free, you must avoid social media and internet. It must be very difficult. I just wanted to point sometimes we (the 'not spoiler free'  in general) must try to refrain us for them. Especially on the actors accounts. But I agree, it is hard. Especially with good news when all is bad.

I had decided to be spoiler-free for episodes 8.23 and 8.24! (You can imagine my surprise at the end)
it was very difficult, I had to get away from IG, FB, twitter, tumblr, this forum and my brother who is also a fan of the series! hahaha
It was the worst and I will not do it again

now my brother is spoiler-free this season and has been difficult to restrain but so far so good :shy:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jlove said:

I thought about this, too, but the only way I can see her moving into Leonard's room is if, now that they're at the point where it seems like intimacy is ACTUALLY on the table, Amy is the one who gets cold feet.  Not about the relationship, but about sex itself.  She wants to be with him, even get engaged, whatever, but wants to ease into coitus.  One, it feels like something the writers would do, turning the tables like that.  Two, it opens up the possibility of sexually frustrated Sheldon, which I could see the writers wanting to use for comedy.  Not acting frustrated towards Amy, because that would be cruel and we want new, sweet sensitive Sheldon, but what a difference it would be to have him grumpy around the guys at lunch because he's not getting any, instead of grumpy because that's all they talk about.

This isn't my favorite plotline per se, but something I could see the writers doing.

I see it going exactly like that :)

They can't have them jump into bed any time soon, they've dragged it out this long and they are gonna drag it out more! I said before that I can see them flipping it to keep it both delayed and funny with the added bonus of sexually frustrated Sheldon :rofl:

I can also see her coming for sleepovers a lot and then realising that a lot of her stuff is in the apartment cus Sheldon has moved her in, bit by bit without actually calling it 'living together' in the same way that she was his 'friend who is a girl but is not his girlfriend' lol!

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

BEST typo ever! :rofl:

I read Chiany's reply and I was like 'what shame bed?' Then it hit me. :laugh:  Think I was thinking to much about Shamy and same and combined the two :laugh: 

1 hour ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

Here are some images ... for science!

IMG_4942.JPG

sheldon-amy.jpg

Again...

MY OVARIES 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, kazzie said:

Impressive...I can't imagine how hard that must be...but they must have an idea because you can't help but bubble with joy.  Good acting, my dear...tohide it from them! :girlwink: 

3 hours ago, jlove said:

I thought about this, too, but the only way I can see her moving into Leonard's room is if, now that they're at the point where it seems like intimacy is ACTUALLY on the table, Amy is the one who gets cold feet.  Not about the relationship, but about sex itself.  She wants to be with him, even get engaged, whatever, but wants to ease into coitus.  One, it feels like something the writers would do, turning the tables like that.  Two, it opens up the possibility of sexually frustrated Sheldon, which I could see the writers wanting to use for comedy.  Not acting frustrated towards Amy, because that would be cruel and we want new, sweet sensitive Sheldon, but what a difference it would be to have him grumpy around the guys at lunch because he's not getting any, instead of grumpy because that's all they talk about.

This isn't my favorite plotline per se, but something I could see the writers doing.

I do think that this is very likely to be the case.  I think that Amy, now that she would be secure in knowing that Sheldon loves her and only her and witnesses changes in him and, if they are engaged, I think she will feel she is secure in him and doesn't need to push for sex.  But more important, she will now have had time to think about it and realize she is very inexperienced herself and is nervous about it as well and will perhaps want to wait until they are further along in their "engagement" or recovery from the breakup.   I think she will decide that it will happen eventually and that is really all she needs to know for now.   She will probably be more afraid to jump into sex, even if she is very turned on by him and he her, because she will want to make sure she is emotionally ready, something I don't think she has ever really seriously considered since she has driven a lot of their relationship in the past based on "social convention" rather than addressing her own need.

Most of all, I think the writers are going to want to do this as well.  Lots of comedic value comes out of it and it still allows them to move forward in other non-sexual ways so that this can be more "icing on the cake" when they really want to go there.   It is something that keeps a lot of viewers tuning in each week (the "will they or won't they" have sex question).   So yes, dragging it out further is very likely.

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

I see it going exactly like that :)

They can't have them jump into bed any time soon, they've dragged it out this long and they are gonna drag it out more! I said before that I can see them flipping it to keep it both delayed and funny with the added bonus of sexually frustrated Sheldon :rofl:

I can also see her coming for sleepovers a lot and then realising that a lot of her stuff is in the apartment cus Sheldon has moved her in, bit by bit without actually calling it 'living together' in the same way that she was his 'friend who is a girl but is not his girlfriend' lol!

If they're going to drag out anything, it will be changing the living arrangements and I have a sneaking suspicion that it's not going to be easy to get Lenny to move out to 4B .  That in turn could drag out coitus, although it wouldn't surprise me in the least that coitus did occur after Amy kicked the door shut. 

21 minutes ago, stardustmelody said:

Impressive...I can't imagine how hard that must be...but they must have an idea because you can't help but bubble with joy.  Good acting, my dear...tohide it from them! :girlwink: 

I do think that this is very likely to be the case.  I think that Amy, now that she would be secure in knowing that Sheldon loves her and only her and witnesses changes in him and, if they are engaged, I think she will feel she is secure in him and doesn't need to push for sex.  But more important, she will now have had time to think about it and realize she is very inexperienced herself and is nervous about it as well and will perhaps want to wait until they are further along in their "engagement" or recovery from the breakup.   I think she will decide that it will happen eventually and that is really all she needs to know for now.   She will probably be more afraid to jump into sex, even if she is very turned on by him and he her, because she will want to make sure she is emotionally ready, something I don't think she has ever really seriously considered since she has driven a lot of their relationship in the past based on "social convention" rather than addressing her own need.

Most of all, I think the writers are going to want to do this as well.  Lots of comedic value comes out of it and it still allows them to move forward in other non-sexual ways so that this can be more "icing on the cake" when they really want to go there.   It is something that keeps a lot of viewers tuning in each week (the "will they or won't they" have sex question).   So yes, dragging it out further is very likely.

Amy hasn't pushed for sex for a long time.  She was quite happy to go at Sheldon's pace, so I think if he's ready, she's ready.  Besides from the description of her kicking the door shut I don't think she'd holding back.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Shamyyes said:

Are we assuming they had coitus?  Sorry I'm late to the parade but I was unable to post. 

Thank you to Tripper and Tensor for your assistance !

I think most of us are in agreement that Sheldon stayed over at Amy's but they didn't have sex. But with these writers....who knows? LOL. I would guess that would be more valuable if saved for later though.

• Like 2

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic