• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• April

• A Shamy gal

• jenafan

• Amy Fowler

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morning peeps! Let me clear up and give a more in depth shamy reportings!   There were 2 takes of the second kiss... As they finish kissing the first time round. They break apart. Sheld

Ok fellow Shamies, I typed up this report on the plane home just now. I've just landed and have another hour or so until I'll be home, but I thought I'd post this at least for you all real quick.  Sor

Oh...I thought someone has already posted a TR? No? Ok. First of all, English is not my first language, so I may have misunderstood a lot of the lines. Please forgive me if the episode turns out

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, Kathy2611 said:

It was ALWAYS about what he wanted.  Like she said when she broke it off for good....he was selfish and immature.

They also shared their individual wants at the start of their relationship which is why it's become this 5 year relationship. He didn't want physical contact, she didn't want physical contact. He's probably thought all this time that she was the same as him and those first wants they exchanged would never change. Cept it has, Amy went though puberty and now she wants some Sheldon however Sheldon hasn't changed those wants so he's still where he was 5 years ago. That's where this rocky patch started. Not saying Sheldon is perfect by any means but they are both to blame for this break up. 

It's either that or Sheldon's just been denying wanting Amy sexually for reasons we don't know. I guess hearing the Beach Boys finally unleashed that sexual beast inside him :p 

Edited by Amy Fowler
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

Here are some images ... for science!

IMG_4942.JPG

sheldon-amy.jpg

This episode is awesome. Personally I think his back is hot in the tag scene. Someone on this thread had an avatar where she towels him off that always made me blush. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jenafan said:

Amy was still in the infatuation stage with Sheldon in S6, where everything he did was cute as a button.  She loved every little thing about him, and any attention she got from him was enough, including his annoying habits.    

Two years later, she's become more vested in the relationship on an emotional and physical level.  Now she's been kissed by him several times.   They've declared their mutual love for each other.   It's no longer just about admiring his brilliance and eccentricities from a distance anymore.    It's no longer just about a deep friendship, but love.   She wants more.  Her needs in the relationship have changed as a result of their evolution.   

This is not to say that she doesn't enjoy his quirks, the lectures, or his brilliance anymore.    The problem lies in that these things were blocking out the other things she wanted in the relationship.  Amy wanted attention, gestures, and romantic gifts from Sheldon to prove his love for her.

The infatuation stage is over.  Amy has become familiar with Sheldon, and the feeling of excitement and giddiness has slowly eroded as a result of everything Amy has been through and fought for in the relationship, only to come to the belief that it gotten her nowhere.   Amy fascination for his quirks has been buried under all of her pain in thinking he doesn't care or desire her the way she does him.

I think now that the reconciliation is coming and Sheldon seems to be now willing to express himself and fulfill Amy's needs and desires, all of her admiration for his quirks and idiosyncrasies will resurface.

This actually makes me feel better. Thank you.:cry:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Flaky said:

This episode is awesome. Personally I think his back is hot in the tag scene. Someone on this thread had an avatar where she towels him off that always made me blush. 

I love Jim's back too. And that tag was a rare beautiful jem we were so kindly able to witnesses

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, camelliayao said:

Tonight's episode made me very uncomfortable, although it was really funny, espeacially Dave.

First, I know Sheldon is heartbroken and trying to move on. But I think he's a little too exited/happy in this episode... It's like he can't wait to explore dating and find another woman.

Also, they showed a little about Amy's POV. And I'm starting to worry she really isn't that into Sheldon's quirks now. She mentioned Sheldon released a paper(?) on their date night and that made her upset. She also didn't like it when Sheldon gave her a DVD of his lecture as a Valentine's Day present. I mean I think the old Amy would find that adorable??? 

yeah before 9.10 came out i had said a couple times that i thought Amys view of some of Sheldons "quirks" were no longer "cute as a button" to her anymore...and after seeing jenafans post about tonights airing of 9.08 where it appears Amys break up was more thought out than i originally thought (i kinda assumed she initiates the break up from an impulsive and emotional response)...

im glad 9.10 is what it is, and maybe all of these issues are water under the bridge for the sake of moving the sitcom forward, but im real life these issues would probably need to be aired out between Amy and Sheldon once the kissing cooles off...maybe Sheldon fixes the quirks--heres hoping the fix is permanent

• Like 1

And is it just my wishful thinking or does Sheldon look really excited before answering the door but when he opens it, it feels like he's utterly disappointed. Like yes he was waiting for another woman but deep inside he was waiting for Amy.

32 minutes ago, 2L344 said:

yeah before 9.10 came out i had said a couple times that i thought Amys view of some of Sheldons "quirks" were no longer "cute as a button" to her anymore...and after seeing jenafans post about tonights airing of 9.08 where it appears Amys break up was more thought out than i originally thought (i kinda assumed she initiates the break up from an impulsive and emotional response)...

im glad 9.10 is what it is, and maybe all of these issues are water under the bridge for the sake of moving the sitcom forward, but im real life these issues would probably need to be aired out between Amy and Sheldon once the kissing cooles off...maybe Sheldon fixes the quirks--heres hoping the fix is permanent

Remember when we discussed about Amy's love for Sheldon's quirks? I'm kind of with you after this episode...

Edited by camelliayao
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Chelle said:

"JUST KISS HER, YOU BRILLIANT FOOL!" - EVERY WORD SOUNDS AWESOME INCLUDING "JUST" AND "FOOL"

Chelle: I love the gif in your signature line. I was just mentioning how hot Jim's back is in that scene. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cutiepie said:

Oh no
everything has been unicorns and rainbows since last TR but I'm not ready to see how Sheldon rejects Amy (sigh)

Don't worry it is only temporary...I think him saying that they should just be friends is a way to protect himself from further hurt and still be able to be with her.....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cutiepie said:

Oh no
everything has been unicorns and rainbows since last TR but I'm not ready to see how Sheldon rejects Amy (sigh)

No offense, but isn't rainbows and unicorns 95% of Shamies wanted? (I belong to the 5%)

12 minutes ago, Flaky said:

Chelle: I love the gif in your signature line. I was just mentioning how hot Jim's back is in that scene. 

It had,is, and will always be Jim's back for me. :)

Edited by Chelle
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Boonaroma said:

But imagine having to police that all the time. To have to drag nearly every scrap of affection and consideration out of someone for years.  It would be, to use Bernie's term, exhausting.  Amy was just worn out.

Not just Bernie's term, Amy herself said it during the Skype chat in 8x24 :(

• Like 1

Also after this episode, I firmly believe they'll have coitus in this season. The writers have been giving signs everywhere showing Sheldon is ready for sex. 

And Sheldon likes Jennifer Lawrance in X-men. Looks like we all know who Amy should dress up for the next Halloween:) 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, camelliayao said:

Also after this episode, I firmly believe they'll have coitus in this season. The writers have been giving signs everywhere showing Sheldon is ready for sex. 

And Sheldon likes Jennifer Lawrance in X-men. Looks like we all know who Amy should dress up for the next Halloween:) 

That is a great idea! I don't know if Sheldon is turned on by that? Worth thinking about. Shamy fans unite!

Edited by overdosedcanary

38 minutes ago, camelliayao said:

Did he like her though? He just worries that she might be at the door and then accepts that he would probably date her if she passed the tests.

Just now, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

Did he like her though? He just worries that she might be at the door and then accepts that he would probably date her if she passed the tests.

I thought I heard Howard say Sheldon likes her in the X-men movie. But my English is not good. Maybe I misunderstood.

4 hours ago, jenafan said:

So, we got a little bit more on Amy tonight.   She thought the relationship was a lot more work than it should be, and Sheldon gave her crappy gifts during special occasions.  

Hmmm ... I didn't get the impression that it was about the gifts being crappy, more like they weren't thoughtful from her perspective.

From his perspective he would think that she would want to see him talk and be admired by the masses *facepalm*

but hopefully now he's acknowledging things like she 'could marry someone better' than him and that he ignored her at times, we'll see a new and improved boyfriend Sheldon post 9x10 :)

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, camelliayao said:

I thought I heard Howard say Sheldon likes her in the X-men movie. But my English is not good. Maybe I misunderstood.

I'll have to go back and watch it again but I don't remember him saying anything about looks at all during the conversations about girls and then at the end he says he wouldn't coitus her with Howard's because she did not enjoy the lecture.

... looks like some people DO find the brain the sexiest organ! :icon_redface:

While I haven't seen the episode, it sounds to me that the whole gift of the lecture DVD wasn't the problem for Amy - it was the timing. It was Valentines Day and she was probably hoping for something more romantic that showed how he felt about her. A lecture on DVD given to her on any other occaision would have been an appreciated gesture, just not on that particular day.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, 2L344 said:

Okay just watched 9.08 and here's my take from a guys perspective:

I liked that Leonard cared about Sheldon and and his well being and started the episode making him a pot of oatmeal. Of course in true Sheldon style, he passed on it because of all the carbs. I did laugh at Leonard describing the bad day Sheldon had that culminated in him being chased by a crow. Penny later tells Leonard to not take advice from a guy who threw a shoe at a crow lol...incidentally, why a crow? Not sure if the writers put that particular bird in there, but among a variety of other symbolism a crow can represent transformation or change, and also the death of something. Sheldon being chased by "change" and the death of something (his relationship?) and him throwing a shoe at it could be what this episode is meant to mean for Sheldon...that, or a damned bird chased him and nothing more lol!

As for Sheldon's renewed spirit when it come to starting his morning off and his good spirit throughout the episode, I saw it as TOTALLY FAKE. He appeared to me to be a guy doing his best to fool himself and to convince himself that all will be well and life goes on. I didn't buy him being excited about looking for a new GF at all...

As for the requisites Sheldon lays out for the potential new GF, he gives Raj and Howard this list--she has to be an educated and intelligent woman who shares his interests while retaining her own unique POV. she must be kind, patient, and most unable to imagine a life without him. Sheldon later suggests that the gal would sit by his side quietly while he watched Daredevil. Howard later states that if a woman actually took the time to take this dating test that she would prove to be intelligent, tenacious, and socially awkward. Sheldon replies whist fully that it would be "too good to be true"....If there was any doubt about what Sheldon REALLY is looking for in this episode all of this should point you to "he wants the old Amy". I seriously don't think anyone else would do for him, the specific qualities he is seeking is the old Amy. Sheldon wants that back and wants it bad enough to recruit the same guys who got him Amy in the first place. Sheldon even makes one of the test parameters include a flag equation....

i got a good laugh out of Sheldon flashing Raj his "soulful cow eyes" and Raj's whimper like "oh" response to it! 

I didn't care for what appeared to be a total indifference on Penny's part regarding the previous episodes revelations regarding Sheldon's pain, the ring, and proposal info...she looked excited and curious about the Dave date as if last episode was just a dream...kinda lame. Despite how much I enjoy the TR for 9.10 I still don't care for Penny's seemingly indifference to sharing what she knows while being excited for Amy's dating.

Regarding Amy's date, I rather enjoyed Dave. I found him funny and down to earth, and I liked his enthusiasm for Sheldon. Yeah it sucks for Amy, but his excitement at learning of her connection with Sheldon was fun to watch. I am very much excited to see Dave in 9.10 again knowing what we know. I did find his answer to Amy as to why he got divorced interesting: "You know how it is, we wanted different things"....yes, I believe Amy does..and her response to Dave as to her why she split from Sheldon initially was "that's a good question" while glancing upward. It was as if she wasn't so sure herself before stating it was more work than it should be. 

While waiting for anyone to show up for the date, Sheldon insists SOMEONE will show, in an over confident tone. He says it twice and made a reference that she would get there sooner if she saw his soulful cow eyes. I think he half expected that someone to be Amy. He was very sure of himself. When the door knock finally comes (a little late) Sheldon doesn't even answer it, Howard did. Not the behavior of someone excited to date someone new. I found the gal who responded to the quest cute and charming. She would make a good date for Raj if Emily ever took off...Though Sheldon abruptly ended the potential date after a cute exchange, he didn't slam the door but carefully shut it. And not before telling her she appeared to be a special lady. I thought that at least was somewhat considerate. But it was pretty clear to me Sheldon at that point was not interested in anyone but Amy...the gal who answered the door was a special lady for sure- smart, spoke Klingon (hello!!), new about flags and physics, and presumably fit all the requirements Sheldon laid out...but she wasn't Amy, and that was that......

overalloll the episode wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I liked Dave, he'd make an excellent addition to the ensemble in a different world. Sheldon to me was transparent, he was a guy fooling himself into thinking he could replace Amy easily. He wanted the old Amy back big time. He realizes at the end that even a woman with all the same qualities as Amy would not do, there was no substitute for the real thing to him...

As for Amy, I came away still believing she was struggling with her decision to break up with Sheldon. Part of me thought of Amy after seeing this episode as being a stereotypical woman (forgive me ladies) who thought she could change a guy with issues if she just tried hard enough. Like, the gal who thinks she can get a guy who drinks too much to stop drinking if she just loved him enough....we all know how that usually ends. The ironic thing is, we all know Sheldon DOES eventually change for Amy but not from any manipulation of hers, but by the break up she initiates to end it. 

This episode was all about Sheldon understanding what he lost, and that realization carries on to 9.09 and 9.10...made sense to me.

whew, sorry for the long recap!

You're right. I would love to see raj date that girl! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, camelliayao said:

And is it just my wishful thinking or does Sheldon look really excited before answering the door but when he opens it, it feels like he's utterly disappointed. Like yes he was waiting for another woman but deep inside he was waiting for Amy.

Remember when we discussed about Amy's love for Sheldon's quirks? I'm kind of with you after this episode...

Yes i do lol...and by the way, I agree with the door answer conclusion. I felt throughout this episode that Sheldon sort of thought maybe Amy would answer the ad and come back, Sheldon seemed very confident a someone would answer the ad. I think part of him hoped Amy would while a more reasonable side of him, the one that stayed on the couch when the door rang, knew it wouldn't be Amy....kind of sad if u think of it that way...

3 hours ago, camelliayao said:

Yeah that's my point... I think she focuses too much on romance now. Those things that made her fall in love with Sheldon in the past is gradually vanishing.

In season 8, she hated the mushroom log Sheldon got her, that I can understand. But this Vanlentine's Day gift was Sheldon't lecture. I thought this should be the kind of thing Amy loves the most because she admires Sheldon's brain and intellegence.

I don't know maybe I'm being too harsh on her. It's just up until this episode, I was kind of on Amy's side in this breakup. But now I'm not sure...:cry:

I don't necessarily pick one side over the other. Let's face it, Sheldon is brilliant and in his own way lovable, but he's also a major tool bag when he wants to be, and his treatment of Amy as a second class citizen at times is unforgivable. The one issue I have with Amy is she appears to have stuck it out with Sheldon because  she thought she could change him, that through some miracle he would become the romantic that she wanted as her desire for him grew. It's that "I can change him" mentality some people in love with a person with issues adopt. She knew what Sheldon was about from day 1 and was okay with it enough to love him for it, warts and all. At some point she thought and expected he would change with her. Kind of unfair to blame Sheldon for being himself....Amy is right to leave a guy for not treating her right, but it's presumptuous to hope he just changes over time, and at her pace....

not trashing Amy, I love her character and I'm extremely glad for 9.10...but it's how I kinda feel about it.

• Like 2

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic