[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

11 minutes ago, teletalk101 said: Looking ahead to episode 11... I'm uncertain about whether it will be an engagement episode. Usually major developments, like Shamy getting back together, are ignored in the following episode. I know this season has been predominately Shamy-centric episodes, but part of me feels like that was all part of building up to this big reconciliation and now that is done the attention may drop off slightly. That's got me thinking that Sheldon's big decision may do with his career or living 100 per cent without Leonard and Penny.

Personal preference wise, I'd like to see Shamy enjoying each other and exploring this new level of intimacy for a little while before they jump into being engaged, living together or having sex. In saying that, though, I'd still be thrilled to seeing Sheldon expressing total commitment if that is where episode 11 goes. 

Also, thoughts on what other people have said in the forum:

- I don't see Sheldon staying over at Amy's even after the intense kissing, or her going home with him. It seems like too many big steps for him in that one night, however I'm sure sleepovers are on the cards in the very near future.

- Coitus is still a way off I think as well. I still see Shamy as stumbling through the teen years of their relationship, so I think one night of heavy making out hasn't quite raised Sheldon's desire for sex even though Amy would probably be willing to proceed. I do think coitus is likely to happen this season, but it all comes down to when the writers are ready to play that pretty big card.

Anyway, sorry for the ramblings, but my mind is in overdrive from the anticipation of what's to come and I've just got so many theories rattling around in my head.

I don't think the heavy make out raises Sheldon's desire for sex. It's his desire for sex that leads to the heavy make out. He's been ready for a while. All the sex references this season have shown he's been considering it and he now acknowledges that sex is an important part for a relationship. 

But yeah, I don't see them having coitus right away either, mostly because it's such a big deal to their relationship and I don't think the writers will put reconciliation+coitus together. They want to milk that cow more.

Everyone has been saying that reconciliation+coitus wouldn't happen since the start of the breakup - even Mayim. But I'm beginning to wonder if they might do that just to surprise everyone again.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

• Replies 25.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• April

• A Shamy gal

• jenafan

• Amy Fowler

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morning peeps! Let me clear up and give a more in depth shamy reportings!   There were 2 takes of the second kiss... As they finish kissing the first time round. They break apart. Sheld

Ok fellow Shamies, I typed up this report on the plane home just now. I've just landed and have another hour or so until I'll be home, but I thought I'd post this at least for you all real quick.  Sor

Oh...I thought someone has already posted a TR? No? Ok. First of all, English is not my first language, so I may have misunderstood a lot of the lines. Please forgive me if the episode turns out

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, jenafan said:

The bold part stuck with me as well.   Yes, Sheldon wants someone to enjoy these things with, but I think what really attracted him to Amy was not only their common interests, but the fact that she could challenge him.   She always forced him to think outside of the box, outside of his own brain.   I don't think it bothered him too much that Amy didn't get into the Star Trek/Wars thing and the comic books.    Yes, she would indulge in these things on occasion knowing this is what he likes, but Amy exposed him to a life outside of this universe.    That's what he needs, not someone that is just going to go along with him, blindly worshiping him, and keep him there.    So, he probably would have enjoyed Vanessa for a time, but eventually he would have gotten bored with her.  

I loved that one point on his initial "wish list" was that she should have her very own unique point of view, which I think was pretty much what you are talking about here. <3

• Like 6

Just now, April said:

Dave totally stole the show! I lost it after he wasn't just fanboying over Sheldon but then also Leonard. omg I'm so glad he'll be back for another ep!

I say he adopt him as our mascot or something! lmao

tumblr_mwocoex8Aj1qasxjlo1_500.gif.fd6cd

Yeah, absolutely! #letsadoptdave xD 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, 2L344 said:

I didn't care for what appeared to be a total indifference on Penny's part regarding the previous episodes revelations regarding Sheldon's pain, the ring, and proposal info...she looked excited and curious about the Dave date as if last episode was just a dream...kinda lame. Despite how much I enjoy the TR for 9.10 I still don't care for Penny's seemingly indifference to sharing what she knows while being excited for Amy's dating.

I shared a similar opinion regarding Penny in the 9x08 discussion thread.  I especially did not care for how giddy Penny was to hear that Amy and Dave kissed goodnight.  Which brings me back to the question I posted earlier:  What did Sheldon tell his friends happened when he went to propose to Amy?

Did he tell Lenny he was too late and she was kissing another man? If so, then Penny gushing about Amy's kiss seems crazy since it's what broke Sheldon's heart.

Or maybe Sheldon was more ambiguous and simply told his friends that Amy didn't want to be with him anymore. In which case it makes it sound like they actually talked and Amy rejected the proposal. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Flaky said:

I shared a similar opinion regarding Penny in the 9x08 discussion thread.  I especially did not care for how giddy Penny was to hear that Amy and Dave kissed goodnight.  Which brings me back to the question I posted earlier:  What did Sheldon tell his friends happened when he went to propose to Amy?

Did he tell Lenny he was too late and she was kissing another man? If so, then Penny gushing about Amy's kiss seems crazy since it's what broke Sheldon's heart.

Or maybe Sheldon was more ambiguous and simply told his friends that Amy didn't want to be with him anymore. In which case it makes it sound like they actually talked and Amy rejected the proposal. 

I don't think Sheldon said to much about what happened.  Just like Amy has not been telling the girls anything much.  I also think that Penny thinks that the sole reason for the breakup is sex and that's not the case at all.  So I think she has misunderstood what has been happening and that's why she was so giddy.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, veejay said:

Oh, I'm not so sure....:shy:

15.gif.30a6d2b91db3938702aab9766e0758b1.

Na, he was still pretty excited about everything when she kicked him out, especially now that he has something in common with his hero - being dumped by the same woman! LOL

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, April said:

Na, he was still pretty excited about everything when she kicked him out, especially now that he has something in common with his hero - being dumped by the same woman! LOL

Yeah, you're probably right. He's also an english gentleman, of course.

:icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, veejay said:

He also said that he spent a "wonderful night" in Amy's apartment, watching his hero making out with his own date!!!

• Like 6

Just now, veejay said:

He'll get a front row ticket for The Great Shamy Reunion for his troubles! He'll be fine. Well, he'll probably ruin his next date after that by talking too much about the one time he met Sheldon Cooper and saw him snogging his girlfriend up close! lmao

• Like 8

4 hours ago, April said:

Just watched the episode with my usual morning coffee - and I thought it was a riot! I don't even know why I found it so funny but everything was on point. LMAO

Some notes:

- I can't believe so many of you actually buy that Sheldon was seriously into dating. He might have embraced the idea of dating because in theory it's the perfect solution to his problem - but the actual reality of dating? NOPE! He's hyper-focused on solving a problem and he's going about this in the most logical, scientific way: employing Howard and Raj with setting up specific parameters for a social experiment type test that, if successful, should yield the desired result of... a copy of Amy. Like, how much more obvious can it get?

- And of course, when he opens the door and is confronted with the reality of dating someone new he literally closes it again as soon as he can. I do like that he wasn't a complete ass towards her (apart from shutting the door in her face) and even tells her something nice - first signs of a more kind and respectful Sheldon?

- The "Sheldon as a prize" bit had me cackling thinking back at us swooning over the very scientific bath tub pictures from yesterday. JUST PUT A SHIRTLESS PICTURE OF HIM IN YOUR CRAIGSLIST AD! lmao

- Penny, Bernadette and Leonard were so great in every scene. Loved the support as well as the spying. LOL

- Amy's date killed me though. OMG DAVE!! <3 HAHAHAHA You can come back any time, buddy!

- I also loved that we got more from Amy's POV, or rather for me, a confirmation from what I've been saying for months already. Not to be a prick about it but Amy has been saying from the very beginning back when she needed time that the relationship was exhausting and she's essentially repeated that in different words here. I don't know why people had such a hard time grasping this.

- On a completely shallow note, and I have said this before: OMG AMY LOOKS SO PRETTY! I LOVE THAT DRESS!! <3

All in all, this was surprisingly one of the funniest episodes this season, for me anyway. (Admittedly, it probably helps knowing what's to come.)

Love this post.
The bold part is also what puzzeled me most. Didn't Amy express her POV clearly enough ? Why some people still keep claiming need her POV?
I thought that her exhaustion and frustration toward Shelon's egocentrcity has been shown gradualy and explicitly in previous seasons?
Was that not obvious enough to grasp how exhausted Amy has became in their former relationship?
I mean, try being in Amy's shoes, a woman pour all her heart ,her patience and her love to a man who always put his work, his hobbies or any other fictions before you, wouldn't that make you think this man will never love you the way you loved him? Wouldn't that make you want to revalue it's worthy or not? Wouldn't that make you want to take the love you gave him but not been cherished back and instead love yourself more ? Is Amy's mindset really that   hard to understand? 

• Like 9

37 minutes ago, ShLe94 said:

Hey guys! My two cents on this episode: when I first read its TR I thought I would find it funny and I'm pretty happy to say I was right! :dancer:Actually, I found it even more funny than I thought. A lot of scenes made me laugh so hard! I found Dave absolutely hilarious, it's such a shame we probably won't see him again after 9x10, he would perfectly fit in with this show :yes: I also loved the 'spy mission'! Maybe I hadn't read the TR well, but I didn't expect at all  Amy and Dave to find out Lenny and Bernie... And Dave's 'OMG' after meeting Leonard?! Priceless :icon_cheesygrin: Even the part with Sheldon and the guys was quite enjoyable for me. It seemed like Sheldon's subconscious was yelling at him: 'Don't do that! You actually don't want to date any other girl: as pretty and smart as she might (and turns out to) be, she's not her!' Obviously her delay was an excuse he came up with. I liked too that little more insight into Amy's POV, that confirmed what I've always thought: she was tired and just wanted to be appreciated and valuated more by the man she loved.

Perhaps knowing what will happen in 9x10 made me enjoy this episode more, but I'm sure I would still find it light-hearted and well done :)

P.S.: Still can't wait for the awesomeness that 9x10 will be :party:

tumblr_inline_nitpj9L2z51rsed1x.gif.94d3

I find myself wondering the same thing....did I like this episode more because I know what will happen.

I don't think so....there were just so many funny parts that I don't think the taping report had.....I mean I knew that there was a hunt to get to Sheldon but I thought it was so well done and it wasn't a run around until you find me.....it had actual things he enjoyed. And he is the one that came up with it. I loved Raj and howard and how they thought it was so much fun even though they knew what the prize was at the end.

Bernie,Penny and Leonard spying was hysterical, especially Bernie with all her spy equipment. Damn makes you wonder what kind of guys she dated before Howard....and if she wouldn't have spied on him if she had known him before....

I laughed so much during this episode I wanted to watch it again right away.....oh well I will wait til I get home from work.

• Like 4

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic