Jump to content

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9


Tensor
 Share

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

On a related topic, I checked some comments on the youtube videos of "Darling"...it's full of shamy shippers out there! Am I an ugly person if I confess that I don't like the song? But the lyrics quoted in the episode are fantastic! it's the rest of it that it's not my cup of tea! Anyway, no problem if they play it at their wedding!

Absolutely not.   I don't like the song, either.    Neither can I see Sheldon having a Beach Boy's song stuck in his head, but that's what the writers went with, and the lyrics are fitting.

I would have preferred something like Peter Cetera's One Good Woman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok2Jyjtm698

I am so in love with you
I just can't deny it
Everybody knows I can't deny it
Everybody knows

You can read me like a book
Just like a fortune teller
Everybody needs a fortune teller
Telling you the very truth

You bring me feelin', you bring me fire
You give me love that's taking me higher
Just goes to prove what one good woman can do

You bring out the best in me
With love and understanding
Anytime I need some understanding
You are always there

If I ever lose my way
You're always there to guide me
Anyone can see you're here inside me
Anyone can see it

You fill me with hope, love and devotion
You taught me how to show my emotion
Just goes to prove what one good woman can do

This is our time, we have it all
We have a way of knowing
If we're heading for a fall

We'll work it out and get it right
When I get home to you
You're such a sight for my poor eyes

This is our time, we have it all
When I come home at night
You're such a sight for my poor eyes

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

On a related topic, I checked some comments on the youtube videos of "Darling"...it's full of shamy shippers out there! Am I an ugly person if I confess that I don't like the song? But the lyrics quoted in the episode are fantastic! it's the rest of it that it's not my cup of tea! Anyway, no problem if they play it at their wedding!

Honestly I don't think I'd like that song if it wouldn't be The Shamy reconciliation song. Lyrics are great and fitting, but it's not the type of music I usually listen. However now when listen to it all I can think about is Shamy, which makes me kinda like the song.

ETA: I checked out the comment board on youtube, wow! 

Edited by bluebird
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

It Seems like exactly the sort of thing Mary Cooper would listen to while poor Shelly was trying to do his homework :rofl:

That's exactly what I thought, too! His eidetic memory being a curse and all that. Talk about foreshadowing!

I mean seriously, they had that scene with him singing in 9x03 because of that, right?

Edited by April
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, kazzie said:

I hate to burst some bubbles guys. But after a message I received from a FB group and someone going completely against my requests on my last TR. I don't know how I feel about posting spoilers about next week.

I kindly asked for my TR's not to be copy and pasted for personal blogs. Which it unfortunately was. I spoke to the person and I explained why I was annoyed. I would be ok with it if they asked permission in future. And this morning I get a message saying that They now have other sources, And they will gather their own information and write up their own report from their page.

I attempted to respond saying I was ok with them using my reports, with credit of course but please just ask permission first and low and behold. I'm blocked.

Is it wrong for being incredibly pissed off about this? And yes. I'm going to post this out publicly. Because this is exactly the sort of thing I'm talking about when it comes to doing TR's.

Oh , I'm so sorry this happened to you :( . How rude of them. You have every right to be pissed off, you specifically asked for that TR to go no further and not put on other social media, so it's just dissrespectful to go against your wishes.

I can't tell you how much we appreciate your TR, I really hope that this ones persons stupidity doesn't ruin your taping on Tuesday and doesn't spoil it for everyone :) .

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, kazzie said:

I hate to burst some bubbles guys. But after a message I received from a FB group and someone going completely against my requests on my last TR. I don't know how I feel about posting spoilers about next week.

I kindly asked for my TR's not to be copy and pasted for personal blogs. Which it unfortunately was. I spoke to the person and I explained why I was annoyed. I would be ok with it if they asked permission in future. And this morning I get a message saying that They now have other sources, And they will gather their own information and write up their own report from their page.

I attempted to respond saying I was ok with them using my reports, with credit of course but please just ask permission first and low and behold. I'm blocked.

Is it wrong for being incredibly pissed off about this? And yes. I'm going to post this out publicly. Because this is exactly the sort of thing I'm talking about when it comes to doing TR's.

Sorry to hear that Kazzie, that really sucks and the fact that they blocked you is likely a sign of guiltly admission on their part

 

I just want yourself and everyone who goes to a taping and willingly gives spoilers to know that it is very much appreciated and we are grateful :)

Edited by rachelshamyfan
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, kazzie said:

I mean, Don't get me wrong. I don't want people to be upset or anything. When I originally spoke to this person, They were upset that I was annoyed. I took pity on them, Told them everything was ok but next time just as permission. Water under the bridge and done. Now lets all continue to be a happy fandom. I wasn't going to take anything further from then on.

And then I got that message this morning then found myself blocked.

So steal my information when I asked for that not to be done, Post it on a FB group which I am a member of, Give no credit on someone else's advise. Do all of this without approaching me at all. Then When I approach them, Make ME feel guilty, I take pity, fix the situation, forgive and boom. Im the bad guy.?

I would have kept this private. But seriously why the hell should I?

And FYI, Gathering information, re-writing it and posting it as your own is still not cool.

 

I find that incredibly rude and disrespectful.  I'm not surprised you're pissed off.  You're not the bad guy Kazzie, the other person is. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, camelliayao said:

I was dying to see Amy's perspective before episode 9, but after that, I don't really think it matters.

This is relationship, not maths. If she wants to get back together,  it should be a decision of heart, not logic. I mean do you really want Amy to do a cost/benefit analysis about dating Sheldon?

For me the best reason why she wants back together is that she doesn't have a reason. She doesn't know about the ring or the documentary; she doesn't know how much Sheldon has changed. She just wants to be with him. It's that simple.

As for reason for the break up, I like the way it sounds in 908. She doesn't know exactly why she ended the relationship ("Well, that's a good question."). It was kind of a spur of the moment decision. I bet she regreted several times after the break up, especially when she met Sheldon in the hallway in 905.

I like to consider the break up as more of a big misunderstanding. Now the misunderstanding is gone, with the bonus of Sheldon's growth and Amy realizing Sheldon is "the one". This may sound odd but I kind of like the fact that this whole breakup seems to be a waste of time because "nothing is resolved". Because I don't think there was a serious problem between them in the first place. This break up brings them closer, tighter. They now know how stupid it is to date other people and how miserable their life would be without each other. That's more than enough for me.

I agree with you.   We get so much flack by the non-Shamy shippers and some Shamy shippers for being happy about the reconciliation, because the feeling is that Amy's POV is still missing and that their make up just came out of nowhere.

I disagree with this assessment.   It is clear that Amy was just tired.   She only wanted some time to think,  to calm down, and perhaps to collect her thoughts to go back and have a discussion with Sheldon without all the sarcasm and irony that he doesn't get.    Everything escalated and got out of control, and then she just didn't know how to undo what happened.  To figure it all out just required more work and energy that she didn't have left to give. Then one misunderstanding led to another and so forth...

So, it was very telling that she told Dave "That is a good question" when he asked her why it ended.     It wasn't supposed to end.   She just needed some rest from all the work, that's all.  

Learning things like her still having Sheldon's DVD and one of his model trains displayed is a good indicator that she wasn't erasing him from her life.   Perhaps she was waiting for him to reach out to her in a selfless manner without a insults or an ulterior motive, and that didn't happen until he offered her those aquarium tickets instead of assuming she would want to go with him, as he would have in the past.   All those dates in between were just filler material.

I think the fact that she wants to get back together without having a reason to do so is further evidence that she never wanted to break up.   She got the rest she needed over the six months apart and did what she had to do during that time to cope.    She had time to actually miss Sheldon because he wasn't around, and she realized she didn't like not having him around.

I am curious as to how much time had passed between her date with Dave and Thanksgiving Day, as it seems she went out with (3) other guys in that time frame.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, Don't get me wrong. I don't want people to be upset or anything. When I originally spoke to this person, They were upset that I was annoyed. I took pity on them, Told them everything was ok but next time just as permission. Water under the bridge and done. Now lets all continue to be a happy fandom. I wasn't going to take anything further from then on.

And then I got that message this morning then found myself blocked.

So steal my information when I asked for that not to be done, Post it on a FB group which I am a member of, Give no credit on someone else's advise. Do all of this without approaching me at all. Then When I approach them, Make ME feel guilty, I take pity, fix the situation, forgive and boom. Im the bad guy.?

I would have kept this private. But seriously why the hell should I?

And FYI, Gathering information, re-writing it and posting it as your own is still not cool.

 

That's rubbish. Some people are real dicks, alas.

Hope the next taping is a goodun for you though x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Tomasina said:

It's fine that you don't like it. Sheldon doesn't like it either! 

Leonard- do you even like the Beach Boys? 

Sheldon- it has the word "beach" in it. What do you think? 

It just happened that the song expressed perfectly how he felt,  and his subconscious used it to tell him. Once aware,  he could use a more sheldon-appropriate laundry metaphor. 

"She's the fabric softener of my heart. "

I'm so glad you was holding me during this....

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Tomasina said:

It's fine that you don't like it. Sheldon doesn't like it either! 

Leonard- do you even like the Beach Boys? 

Sheldon- it has the word "beach" in it. What do you think? 

It just happened that the song expressed perfectly how he felt,  and his subconscious used it to tell him. Once aware,  he could use a more sheldon-appropriate laundry metaphor. 

"She's the fabric softener of my heart. "

These are the sweetest words in the world!!! Wow!! Now that I know that Sheldon doesn't like the song or the group per se...I'm so relieved! I feel a better fan!

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, jenafan said:

I agree with you.   We get so much flack by the non-Shamy shippers and some Shamy shippers for being happy about the reconciliation, because the feeling is that Amy's POV is still missing and that their make up just came out of nowhere.

I disagree with this assessment.   It is clear that Amy was just tired.   She only wanted some time to think,  to calm down, and perhaps to collect her thoughts to go back and have a discussion with Sheldon without all the sarcasm and irony that he doesn't get.    Everything escalated and got out of control, and then she just didn't know how to undo what happened.  To figure it all out just required more work and energy that she didn't have left to give. Then one misunderstanding led to another and so forth...

So, it was very telling that she told Dave "That is a good question" when he asked her why it ended.     It wasn't supposed to end.   She just needed some rest from all the work, that's all.  

Learning things like her still having Sheldon's DVD and one of his model trains displayed is a good indicator that she wasn't erasing him from her life.   Perhaps she was waiting for him to reach out to her in a selfless manner without a insults or an ulterior motive, and that didn't happen until he offered her those aquarium tickets instead of assuming she would want to go with him, as he would have in the past.   All those dates in between were just filler material.

I think the fact that she wants to get back together without having a reason to do so is further evidence that she never wanted to break up.   She got the rest she needed over the six months apart and did what she had to do during that time to cope.    She had time to actually miss Sheldon because he wasn't around, and she realized she didn't like not having him around.

I am curious as to how much time had passed between her date with Dave and Thanksgiving Day, as it seems she went out with (3) other guys in that time frame.

I thought the three guys were the coffee dates and one of them was Dave.

It's gotta be a at least a couple of weeks between that date with Dave and Thanksgiving.  A enough time for her to rehink things at least.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, jenafan said:

I am curious as to how much time had passed between her date with Dave and Thanksgiving Day, as it seems she went out with (3) other guys in that time frame.

From what I gather she only went on the dates we already know about: coffee dates + the ones with Dave.

5 minutes ago, Tomasina said:

It's fine that you don't like. Sheldon doesn't like it either! 

Leonard- do you even like the Beach Boys? 

Sheldon- it has the word "beach" in it. What do you think? 

It just happened that the song expressed perfectly how he felt,  and his subconscious used it to tell him. Once aware,  he could use a more sheldon-appropriate laundry metaphor. 

"She's the fabric softener of my heart. "

LMAO perfect!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, A Shamy gal said:

I thought the three guys were the coffee dates and one of them was Dave.

It's gotta be a at least a couple of weeks between that date with Dave and Thanksgiving.  A enough time for her to rehink things at least.

Yes, if I remember correctly, she went out with 3 guys in 6 different dates, three of which were with Dave...so for me after the last disaster date with Dave, she decided to stay home for a while! Who can blame her?

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, kazzie said:

I mean, Don't get me wrong. I don't want people to be upset or anything. When I originally spoke to this person, They were upset that I was annoyed. I took pity on them, Told them everything was ok but next time just as permission. Water under the bridge and done. Now lets all continue to be a happy fandom. I wasn't going to take anything further from then on.

And then I got that message this morning then found myself blocked.

So steal my information when I asked for that not to be done, Post it on a FB group which I am a member of, Give no credit on someone else's advise. Do all of this without approaching me at all. Then When I approach them, Make ME feel guilty, I take pity, fix the situation, forgive and boom. Im the bad guy.?

I would have kept this private. But seriously why the hell should I?

And FYI, Gathering information, re-writing it and posting it as your own is still not cool.

 

It is unfortunate that there are jerks in the world who don't appreciate the gifts others give and ruin if for those who do.

I'm sorry this has happened.   The bad guy, you definitely are not.   

I can say that you have been my TR hero, and I am glad you made this public so that as much as these few individuals have pissed you off, the rest of us who are in the majority can get on your side, reassure, and encourage you.

Regarding the bold part, we should all grab some sticks and flog these thieves for their disrespect and disobedience to the instructions you laid out in a crystal clear manner.

 

1 hour ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

It Seems like exactly the sort of thing Mary Cooper would listen to while poor Shelly was trying to do his homework :rofl:

Thank you.   This makes a lot more sense to me now, where he would have heard this some.   I wonder if the eidetic rendition of Queen was a forshadowing here.    I don't know if the writers do these things on purpose or if we just read too much into the coincidences.   

12 minutes ago, A Shamy gal said:

I thought the three guys were the coffee dates and one of them was Dave.

 

11 minutes ago, April said:

From what I gather she only went on the dates we already know about: coffee dates + the ones with Dave.

Perhaps I misunderstood the TR, but I thought when Sheldon asked her in the car how many men she had dated, she said (6).   I assumed that meant there were three more after Dave.

11 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Yes, if I remember correctly, she went out with 3 guys in 6 different dates, three of which were with Dave...so for me after the last disaster date with Dave, she decided to stay home for a while! Who can blame her?

Thanks for the clarification.   So, there was no one else after Dave.    That would explain then the reason why she asked Dave to go out again after Sheldon's rejection, as he was already the one she had picked to continue seeing.    That also means that she also hasn't pecked anyone else on the lips, or more.

Makes me wonder if all of Dave's talk about Sheldon really got the ball rolling on her missing him.   Perhaps he reminded her of all the things she appreciated about him as well.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, jenafan said:

It is unfortunate that there are jerks in the world who don't appreciate the gifts others give and ruin if for those who do.

I'm sorry this has happened.   The bad guy, you definitely are not.   

I can say that you have been my TR hero, and I am glad you made this public so that as much as these few individuals have pissed you off, the rest of us who are in the majority can get on your side, reassure, and encourage you.

Regarding the bold part, we should all grab some sticks and flog these thieves for their disrespect and disobedience to the instructions you laid out in a crystal clear manner.

 

Thank you.   This makes a lot more sense to me now, where he would have heard this some.   I wonder if the eidetic rendition of Queen was a forshadowing here.    I don't know if the writers do these things on purpose or if we just read too much into the coincidences.   

 

Perhaps I misunderstood the TR, but I thought when Sheldon asked her in the car how many men she had dated, she said (6).   I assumed that meant there were three more after Dave.

You're right she does answer with six.  She doesn't say when though and they could have been coffee dates as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, A Shamy gal said:

You're right she does answer with six.  She doesn't say when though and they could have been coffee dates as well.

I read somewhere on line that there were 3 people and 6 dates, Sheldon asks very precise questions, whether she kissed them or not (sneaky on this one...) where she met them, and the coitus stuff..

Edited by mirs1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

as I was looking through our comments at the end of season 8 I found a post of mine that I'm sooooo happy will come true : 

Posted 10 May (edited) · Report post

well... after watching the cold open in really slow motion... the kiss is closed mouth. the difference being... they are sitting and TOUCHING. 

this break/break up is going to give us A REAL KISS.  :brunette:

their love story is going to "mature" next season BIG time ... it's the last frontier. ( i'm not referring to sex)  

Edited 10 May by kelliluvtbbt
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, 2L344 said:

Did I ever say that doing my taxes is really confusing and hard to put on paper, it's not like I'm jenafan (cough).....

Lol jk, wow! Just, wow!! Borrowing from Dave there....couldn't have said it better if there was money at stake. That's it exactly....

still, I miss those days. Thankfully I've got all the seasons on bluray lol....

thanks jenafan!

Yeah it's hard to argue with some of your points, I too made the same ones on this forum for the last couple weeks. But at some point you suspend disbelief, after all it's a sitcom, and frankly after 9 episodes of melodrama I personally was ready for ANY happy resolution to this messy break up. If I want THAT much awkward sadness I could just tune into the Lifetime network....yeah I could stop watching but I've been a fan of the show since 1.01 and also of the Shamy coupling. 

Im also a Lenny fan too, THAT on again off again relationship has been around a lot longer than Shamy...and frankly, that elopement is almost as huge a disappointment to me as this break up has been. Really? After all this time of "will they won't they" you give them a half assed Vegas wedding with no friends there, no family, nothin? And the icing on top is have the Shamy break up interrupting it, yuck....

i guess my point is, we try to make chicken salad out of chicken sh*t sometimes and press on...

Thankfully you are a Shamy fan I feel I can have a conversation with. Some people get so defensive and really cannot stand it when someone's opinion differs from theirs. I'm the complete opposite, since interacting with other fans, specially  those whose opinions differ from yours and have an open mind, is the only way to learn something. We always think we're right, but we cannot think of everything, so... The only point I was trying to make was that if this is the way the reconciliation was going to take place, then we shouldn't have had the split at all. It makes it feel so unnecessary. I so agree with you in regards to the Lenny OOC kiss-pitiful wedding-OOA explanation cycle. I consider that bad writing as well. Now that you mention it, yes, at a certain point in time we ( as shippers) will accept any crap the writers give us just to get the forced situations out of the way. That being said I think we've been making chicken salad out of chicken sh*t way too long. I think it's time the writers served us some good chicken Caesar salad from now on.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.