The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

While I'm happy that the Shamy issue wasn't resolved immediately, and I'm one of those rallying NOT to have the issue resolved very early in season 9, which lead to it being escalated to the break up (I gave myself some time to think about it. While I was not really happy about it at first, I'm slowly learning to accept it) what confused me though is the timing. What are the writers trying to pull here, putting the Shamy breakup side by side with the Lenny conflict.I wouldn't be questioning it though if Lenny decided to deal with their trust issues first then get married later, instead another can of worms was opened, AFTER saying their vows. Are they trying to revert Sheldon into the another version of the early Sheldon, pre-Amy seasons? Or are they paving the way for Sheldon to deal with "grown-up" relationship problems on his own,since Leonard himself is undergoing some marital problems? Are they planning to introduce/guest another character?

I'm with you that this make no sense with the story they told us this season, unless we count the Mars thing as an alarm ring; IMO it was not the case,  since  Amy's issues were faced and immediately solved in that episode. Anyway, reading the various TR, I got the impression that Penny told Sheldon that Amy had her doubts for a while, which, as I said, makes no sense...Of course, when the episode hires we'll see...

• Like 4

It's another thing for them to hit a rough patch because of fundamental differences in what they are and what they want, where one has to change in order to be with the other. 

.... because if that is the case, why would we root for them to be together? Run! Keep your humanity, both of you, rather than sacrifice yourselves to the altar of miserable co-dependence!

• Like 7

Does anyone have the Molaro quote from way back where he said, something along the lines of ....after a face full of Amy......then something about breaking Sheldon.....then something about their not done talking though ......different from other couples, fond of each other etc etc??? Just wondering how it fits with TR !! 

Does anyone have the Molaro quote from way back where he said, something along the lines of ....after a face full of Amy......then something about breaking Sheldon.....then something about their not done talking though ......different from other couples, fond of each other etc etc??? Just wondering how it fits with TR !! 

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/big-bang-theory-sheldon-amy-793742

• Like 1

OK, I've been away for a while, following and writing for my other fandom/ship, but well...I feel sorry for them. For both couples, really. The break up came about, I think, because a lot of issues hadn't really been dealt with, even though many things happened to prove that Shamy are in love and want to be together. Many people, for example, thought (and still do think) that there should have been serious discussion of their future before now, but there wasn't. Would it really have been right for them to continue getting more involved without making certain things clear?

It's very sad, when it's characters you care about and want to be happy, but maybe this had to happen - good can often come from bad, can sometimes only come from bad, and I think this is what is happening here. I said once that this show is, at its heart, about four men and three women growing up - they all have aspects that need to be worked on,albeit in different ways and to a different extent. And love isn't always sweet and nice - that's seeing it as a fantasy.

If all these couples are to have the happy, equal relationships we want for them, then they must accept one another and what the other needs/wants as they do themselves. They will do, because they are in love, but that doesn't mean it's done and dusted in five minutes or are any less in love because of it. Shamy will find it hardest - think of the first boy/girl who meant something to you, and how it felt if it didn't work out, as they have to deal with this for the first time. That's hard for us, but I think it's something that had to happen to create the happy, adult relationship they will ultimately have.

Edited by Bella Duveen
  • Like 5

I'm sorry but I disagree. Are there things that Amy has been patient on for some time? Yes, sure. Like I said many times after the finale aired, I can see how she can think that Sheldon doesn't really factor her in his future plans as much as she does him (i.e. Mars) and how she can think that he doesn't desire her physically as much as she does him (i.e. Flash comment). However, I completely disagree that Sheldon hasn't been satisfying any of her desires, especially this season.

- She is told she is loved = check. Multiple times just on screen
- She wants to see the odd traditional romantic gesture = check. She had a Xmas gift she loved this year, her boyfriend went full out to do Prom properly for her, and yes, the mushroom log might have been unusual but it was still a Valentine's Day present.
- She wants some physical intimacy = check. She's most definitely getting more of that now than ever before.

The only point I agree with is the last, like I said: she wants to know she's a factor in his views of the future and she wants to know he wants to progress with her the same way she does. Again, I'm not saying that Amy didn't have a right to be hurt at his comments during their makeout session and to ask for time. Not at all. What I have a problem with, and it links with my reply to mirs1 below, is when the writers move the goal posts or want me to forget of all the things that DID happen between them to buy some kind of scenario where Amy is deeply unsatisfied because her relationship is going nowhere.

This (bold) is what I just refuse to accept. Because there is NO WAY Amy has been that unsatisfied and unhappy in their relationship for some time now to the point that she's been thinking of breaking up with him for months. I'm sorry, writers, but there's no way you can on one hand boast about all the progress Shamy have made all seasons in their baby steps and be so proud of the fact that they are BABY STEPS and oh, how cute are those baby steps and SEE! Shamy move with baby steps, they're not like other couples, only to then turn around and say that actually baby steps are crumbs and don't really matter in the grand scheme of things because Amy is actually unhappy and has been for a long time. I'm sorry. No. I don't fill in the gaps with whatever headcanons you need me to construct in order for you to write your drama. In the same way I can't believe you would want me to buy that Leonard cheated 2 years ago and suddenly feels so guilty about it that he needs to confess when with Priya he confessed immediately. 

Can I see Amy having some serious questions about her relationship and whether or not she and Sheldon want the same things? Yes. I actually think she's been making assumptions and hiding her head in the sand for years because she's too afraid to ask directly in case she doesn't like the answers. And by doing so, she keeps making inferences in her head about what Sheldon does or does not want depending on the mood and how Sheldon seems to act in a particular given moment. So I find it believable that she would be hurt by his Flash comment to the point that she decides to finally take some time off to gather her thoughts in a realistic manner. Because that's what Amy has never really done: looked at her relationship realistically. But to claim that Amy had been talking to Penny for months about breaking up with Sheldon because he's a "bad boyfriend" (paraphrasing) is retconning and ridiculous. If she was beaming over how solid their relationship is and how happy they are in 8x03, after Sheldon dumped her for nearly two months to ride the rails, there's no way that she would have changed her mind in the subsequent months when they started progressing at an incredible pace for them. So, yeah, I'm taking that Penny's comment refers to the conversation they had on the phone, rather than something that they had been talking about for months. Because otherwise it's way too much retconning. There's no way that an Amy who knows Sheldon as well as she does, and being as happy as she was all season, could not see that indeed he was trying to make it work to the point that she was sitting there thinking "Should I stay or should I go?". I think Sheldon might believe that to be the case now, because of what Penny said to him (and I find it interesting that the writers had Penny say that to him and not Amy - because Amy doesn't really think that?), but I don't believe that to be the truth. I believe this is about miscommunication about the most fundamental issues in their relationship. Otherwise, like Chiany and others have said, it's a whole different can of worms, because then we are talking about changing Sheldon radically if Amy truly believed he is that bad a boyfriend, and there's no way that could work out in the long run. 

I agree...if they suddenly try and "sell" the audience that Amy has been unhappy for a long time, they won't buy it.  It is insulting! It is ridiculous for them to even go there. It is okay for her to have concerns about Sheldon's investment in their relationship, but to say she has been unhappy a long time, it's ludicrous.  I hope that was Penny's take on things and they will rectify that because it was really untrue.   It is dialog like that though that make fans cringe and really wonder if the writers ever remember what they previously wrote.   It also diminishes their story telling completely and makes fans not trust them to handle things well going forward because they know another reset will occur.   All I can say is the writers are on thin ice at the moment and better think long and hard about how to handle this.

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 8

I have been thinking about the whole "Shamy as teenagers" metaphor and while I think it's in many ways an apt one, I still think it's a metaphor and there are some radical differences between the two. Yes, Sheldon and Amy are experiencing as adults things that most people first experience as teenagers. That doesn't make them teenagers though. They are still adults. And a 5-year relationship in one's 30's is very different from a teenage heartbreak, even if both are the first. First of all, they are older and have a different perspective on life than teenagers do, even though they're inexperienced in the social sense. But, secondly, "teenage heartbreak", generally speaking is something that happens between people who then move on, grow up and, again, most likely never even see each other again, let alone get back together. To me, it's like comparing the first bad grade one might get in a math test as a third grader with failing a university final. The first bad grade is upsetting, and of course is an experience and something that helps the child grow and all that, but it's not the end of the world because they have their whole academic career ahead of them. Failing a university final can be a major major blow to one's entire future career. Now, Shamy are like the kid who never failed anything in their life until their university final. It's the first time they fail something, yes, but it's a whole other ball park. That's why I think while the metaphor is fitting, I don't really think it's entirely accurate to describe the weight of their situation or the necessity of it. Because in most cases, one doesn't get a second chance at a university final as they might with a math test in grade school. And the investment is far far greater, especially for people like these two.

• Like 9

Okay, I'm going to start out by letting you all know that I have read NO comments here from last night's taping, and I probably won't, because I need to not dwell on negative thoughts at the moment.  I probably will also not be reading the comments to this post I'm making for the same reason.  But after hearing that there's a lot of upset, I wanted to give you a perspective from someone who was at the taping.  I do hope it will help a bit, and maybe start some more positive conversation (because all of us could use a bit of that right now).  Also, I apologize in advance for the novel.

This was the most intense and depressing episode of BBT I have ever seen (for obvious reasons) and it went beyond what I was imagining, particularly with Lenny (who I really felt was left in a worse place than Shamy last night, to be honest).  As for Shamy, it was both better and worse than I was imagining at the same time.  What I loved was that Sheldon went after her right away.  It was clear that this meant something to him.  He wanted her back immediately.  Heck, he even chased her down to the Wolowitz's house.  Those moments were sweet and funny, and they showed that she matters so much to him.  That gave me hope.  Then, yes, after she broke it off completely, he was angry and upset.  This to me, is totally Sheldon.  He's confused and hurting and he's lashing out and trying to figure out how to deal with this.  He's never been in this situation before, remember.  I believe he's going through the stages of grief, the first and foremost being denial.  Then he moved on to anger once he understood that she was calling things off with him.  I'm hoping for some real bargaining and depression next--not because I want to see him hurting, but because it will show that he is NOT giving up on her. 

I've heard that there are people who think that way--that Sheldon will just give up on Amy now and will just never go after her.  I don't think that could be further from the truth.  It hurts right now as fans, and it's easy to get caught up in that hurt and our own emotions and reactions to it immediately and feel that things are hopeless.  But it was clear to me how much this is affecting him.  Amy finally standing up for herself when he puts her down/insults her was something that NEEDED to happen.  That was why she told him she's breaking up with him, and I'm glad she took a stand.  I'm not happy they're broken up; it hurts my heart.  But just think about the reunion they will have later!  Also, right after that when they were consoling her in the kitchen, she said that she hopes she did the right thing.  She's doubting her choice.  She clearly still loves him.  And when Stuart tried to put the moves on her, she looked at him like "WTF!?!?" and made a comment about it being inappropriate.  She's not over Sheldon, and I truly believe he's not over her. 

Let's look at this logically too.  Season 8 was all about Sheldon growing more and them hitting so many milestones.  Why would they do all of that and set it all up that way (even establishing that he loves her and has a RING) just to destroy the ship?  I really think this season's beginning is about him learning some hard lessons that still need to be learned, and this was the way they thought it would be believable for someone like Sheldon.  All that drama could have been a way for them to get us to go through this with him as well and to feel the hurt he's feeling.  He loves her, he wants to spend the rest of his life with her, and then he's hit with this, and it's going to make him have to evaluate some things about himself and his relationship.  He doesn't know how to cope right now (he was never expecting this, and that fact is also a part of him taking her for granted that he needs to wake up to) and will be going through some hard emotions until he comes to the realization that he screwed up.  This is another step in his growth toward being a man, and being the right man to marry her.

I know some people think that it's Amy who is being unfair/unreasonable after all the growth Sheldon has made, and people will argue that she knew what she was getting herself into, etc.  But Amy has also grown as a person since they first got together, and she has needs of her own.  She needs to be with someone who respects her and puts her first, and I don't think that's unreasonable at all.  I want to remind you too to look back at previous seasons.  Most of us hated when Sheldon would make snide comments to Amy and she would just let them roll off her back.  We wanted her to grow a backbone and for Sheldon to be nicer.  Would any of us put up with some of the things Sheldon does in real life?  Or would we put up with feeling like we're not an equal or not held in as high regard as we should be, or if we were insulted frequently?  He's gotten better about those things, but they still happen.  And combined with her need for intimacy that from her perspective is still not returned, I can't blame her for needing to evaluate things.  His insult was just the last straw.  But even still, she's doubting that decision because she loves him. I think with her spelling it out for him that he's selfish and rude, it will get him thinking.  And I think with Penny basically telling him he was a bad boyfriend to Amy, that will get him thinking too.  But he needed a wake up call.  It's a painful one--for all of us--but it did need to happen.  Sheldon has such tunnel vision much of the time, and this will broaden his field of vision so he can be aware of how he's treating her/affecting her in the future. Hopefully they won't drag all of this out overly long, and I can totally see that when they do get back together (and they will!) it's going to be so explosive.

As for the intimacy issue--yes, she knew what she was getting into back then, but that doesn't mean that her need/desire for that should be discarded.  "Oh well, she's with Sheldon, so she'll just have to deal with being celibate her whole life".  I don't agree with that sentiment.  They've grown together so much and they've both evolved, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with her wanting that with him.  If she was trying to force him into it, that would be another story, but she has never done that.  I think after five years with someone where that seemed to be going nowhere, any of us would be evaluating our options.  The intimacy and the taking her for granted at times are really their final hurdles, and because of that, I believe that Sheldon will be missing her and he will start realizing how much he really does desire her--in EVERY way.  They had to do this in a way that would truly wake him up to all of this, and while it's harsh, it will be exactly what he needs in the end.

As for the ring information we didn't get, I'm sure this has already been said, but I'll say it myself as well:  I have a feeling we might find out about that next episode since they often do a two-part premiere.  I also think the boys will be talking and the girls will be talking, and maybe the guys can help Sheldon start to see where he went wrong.  I really believe he's soon going to hit those next steps in the grieving process and try to bargain to get her back and also get depressed without her.  This isn't over. 

The writers know what gold they have with Shamy.  CBS promotes them like nothing else.  Things seem dire now, but they'll get better.  Even after all the drama from last night, we need to remember that this is a comedy show.  I seriously doubt the writers will leave it this dramatic/depressing for long, and with their two main couples in such peril.  I guess that would be my main worry at this point--that they'll keep things too dramatic for a sitcom for too long and the show will lose some of its magic.  For now though, I'm going to have faith in the writers because they have a plan, and I really can't see things staying in this dramatic state for long.  Things have to get better from here.

This show has been so much about Sheldon's journey and growth.  If it would have been HIM breaking up with HER, I think the situation would be more dire, because then he would have just decided he was done and that would be that.  With it being Amy doing the breaking up (and that decision clearly affecting them both) it will give him the opportunity to grow from the experience and make things right.  He wouldn't be upset and angry if it meant nothing to him.  If he was going to give up, he'd be shrugging like "Well, I guess that's over then." 

The writers even said in that TV Guide article that Amy will make her way back to him and that Sheldon will learn how to make this work. I know it's hard right now, and you're all perfectly capable of making your own decisions about how to feel and whether to continue to watch the show, but I would suggest that you at least wait to see what will play out in the next few episodes.  They'll have filmed the first few before the premiere even airs.  Hopefully we'll know more by then and can go into the season a bit calmer, because we'll know that things are moving in the right direction.

I so love this, I've just read it a 4th time - thank you again, makes so much sense. 

Are you going to next weeks taping as well ? 

• Like 3

I so love this, I've just read it a 4th time - thank you again, makes so much sense. 

Are you going to next weeks taping as well ? 

I'm so glad it helped! Yes, I'll be there. I'm really hoping for something a little more upbeat for number 2! Fingers crossed!!!

Edited by TheShamyShipper
  • Like 8

I'm so glad it helped! Yes, I'll be there. I'm really hoping for something a little more upbeat for number 2! Fingers crossed!!!

Fantastic, yes let's hope so positive thoughts :) 

If you have a chance I'd love to hear what you think of it after you've been to watch !. Only if you have the time and the inclination !! :) 

Thanks so much again .

• Like 4

To be fair, what is written in this interview is not completely in contrast with the TR;

Sheldon is fond of Amy: he's impossible for him to stay away and give her time to think...

They are not done speaking: what a lovely conversation they have had...

The group has to handle the situation: everybody is taking Amy's side (but, apparently Leonard, who, however, needs a place to sleep...) 

I think  there is a really recent interview, it was more a quote than an interview, in which he referred to the "unique" couple, to the rules that don't apply to them and,  above all, to the fact that Sheldon has learnt\is learning, I don't remember,  to make it work...I tried to find the sources of the interview, I remember I read it on this forum, but can't find it. This one is more in contrast with the TR, at least for the "learning" part, since he was acting in the premiere as he didn't know what the heck was happening...

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 2

Season 8 had the happiest Shamy we'd ever seen. Their goofy Fun With Flags montage, their hug after fighting in Colonization, the googly-eyed way they stared into each others' eyes with love at Amy's Christmas dinner...

So how did it come to this?

To Sheldon, who has barely ever gotten angry at Amy insulting her left and right, accusing her of seeing other men, and being extremely cruel? When Sheldon, who may be insensitive, has never really wanted to hurt Amy on purpose (Raiders Minimization aside, and on a much lower scale), and hates seeing Amy in pain? To Amy acting like a long-scorned girlfriend, when in the past even at her angriest she's been able to instantly receive Sheldon with love and patience? This turn of events feels so dire and cruel, because of how sweet we know Shamy is and was. But how are they supposed to get back to that point now? To see Sheldon and Amy in pain is heartbreaking, and I'm at a loss as to how the writers can wrap this up in a meaningful way that both Sheldon and Amy can grow from without too much damage. And what's most heartbreaking is that this really isn't necessary. It didn't have to go this far to get Sheldon to truly understand and show Amy how much he cares for her. And what's worst of all is that the way this premiere has set Shamy up, it doesn't seem like they can have one conversation and it will all be resolved soon. I fear this may drag out, and I just don't think it needs to.

• Like 8

As a regular fan I can see why Amy broke up with Sheldon. I think it was more then him thinking about other Things while making out, that was just the final nail in the coffin. However I hope they do not drag it out to long. We know they are the end game of course! They just need to work put their issues. Yes they were happy during Season 8 with some major milestone in their relationship but there were moments Sheldon didn't treat Amy to well or paid much attention to her. And yes some of it may have been just Sheldon being Sheldon. I think the problems started at the end of Season 7 and while they had a talk (as Sheldon mention in a early episode last season) They never really fully resolve their issues during Season 8 and now here we are first episode of Season 9 and they have officially broken up.. Both of them have changed from Season 6. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 5

To be fair, what it's written in this interview is not completely in contrast with the TR;

Sheldon is fond of Amy: he's impossible for him to stay away and give her time to think...

They are not done speaking: what a lovely conversation they have had...

The group has to handle the situation: everybody is taking Amy's side (but, apparently Leonard, who, however, needs a place to sleep...) 

I think  there is a really recent interview, it was more a quote than an interview, in which he referred to the "unique" couple, to the rules that don't apply to them and,  above all, to the fact that Sheldon has learnt\is learning, I don't remember,  to make it work...I tried to find the sources of the interview, I remember I read it on this forum, but can't find it. This one is more in contrast with the TR, at least for the "learning" part, since he was acting in the premiere as he didn't know what the heck was happening...

That's from here: http://www.tvguide.com/special/fall-preview/gallery/2015-returning-fall-shows/photo/0bb93d7c-e69d-4040-9378-162bbe4121d0/

I think when he means "learned to try and make it work" I think he means in terms of within the relationship, rather than how a "break" works. I honestly think Sheldon didn't have a clue what was happening when she asked for a time off on Skype, he took it like a breakup right away and Amy had to keep reminding him throughout the episode that she just asked for some time to think. I don't think the "they're not done talking" is referring to this conversation because it has too much of a positive tone to it. And I think we haven't even begun to see how this will impact the group. I think next episode is going to be crucial for that. I am hoping for a lot of Pamy interaction next week, helping each other through their issues.

• Like 7

That's from here: http://www.tvguide.com/special/fall-preview/gallery/2015-returning-fall-shows/photo/0bb93d7c-e69d-4040-9378-162bbe4121d0/

I think when he means "learned to try and make it work" I think he means in terms of within the relationship, rather than how a "break" works. I honestly think Sheldon didn't have a clue what was happening when she asked for a time off on Skype, he took it like a breakup right away and Amy had to keep reminding him throughout the episode that she just asked for some time to think. I don't think the "they're not done talking" is referring to this conversation because it has too much of a positive tone to it. And I think we haven't even begun to see how this will impact the group. I think next episode is going to be crucial for that. I am hoping for a lot of Pamy interaction next week, helping each other through their issues.

Amen to Pamy conversation!!! And I'm not even religious ;)

• Like 1

I said at the end of season 8 that this might be or become a real break up and it did.  For Shamy, it hurts my shipper heart.  These 2 started out as a unique quirky couple and I had so much hope for them to grow and evolve to a even weirder quirkier couple.  I had visions of holidays and dinner nights where a completely in love Shamy with their own brand of intimacy- that both found satisfying- would leave their good friends scratching their heads.  I saw a lot of comedy gold in that story.  I digress because that was my vision and apparently not TPTB vision at all.

I have no doubt Shamy will eventually find their way back to each other.  But I have to agree with those that Amy's timing doesn't make sense here. At the heat of the moment, sure when he was thinking about the Flash as opposed to her...ok...I could give her a pass.  But to reflect on where they came from last season and where they were, it fell flat. Like others have pointed out, each time there was conflict it was resolved by the end of episode. 

Also, I thought I read that Sheldon makes a comment about another woman (the girl Leonard kissed) that she is both brilliant and attractive (not an exact quote...could be remembering that wrong).  I find this worrisome too.  For so long, he only had eyes for Amy and while she is not conventionally pretty within the context of the show (I think Mayim is beautiful)--Forever61, anyone?  Sheldon is noticing other women.

I could go on like if this results in Amy seeing other men and how that would really taint Shamy for me.  I need to go in with an open mind.  Not very optimistic right now.   

Edited by Denise07
  • Like 1

Thanks, it was the one!! Yes, I also think "learned to try and make it work" refers to the relationship rather than the rules of a break\break up, that's why I think it doesn't fit with what we have seen...he was acting not like a person who was trying to make it work, on the contrary,  whatever he did, he did the things worse. I'm hoping he learns in 9.2...

• Like 1

Fantastic, yes let's hope so positive thoughts :) 

If you have a chance I'd love to hear what you think of it after you've been to watch !. Only if you have the time and the inclination !! :) 

Thanks so much again .

I responded to this, but somehow my post disappeared.  Anyway, I would be happy to give my impression of episode 2.  It might be the next morning like last time, but I'll definitely share.

• Like 3

I said at the end of season 8 that this might be or become a real break up and it did.  For Shamy, it hurts my shipper heart.  These 2 started out as a unique quirky couple and I had so much hope for them to grow and evolve to a even weirder quirkier couple.  I had visions of holiday and dinner nights where a completely in love Shamy with their own brand of intimacy that both found satisfying would leave their good friends scratching their heads.  I saw a lot of comedy gold in that story.  I digress because that was my vision and apparently not TPTB vision at all.

I have no doubt Shamy will eventually find their way back to each other.  But I have to agree with those that Amy's timing doesn't make sense here. At the heat of the moment, sure when he was thinking about the Flash as opposed to her...ok...I could give her a pass.  But to reflect on where they came from and where they were, it fell flat. Like others have pointed out, each time there was conflict it was resolved by the end of episode. 

Also, I thought I read that Sheldon makes a comment about another woman (the girl Leonard kissed) that she is both brilliant and attractive (not an exact quote...could be remembering that wrong).  I find this worrisome too.  For so long, he only had eyes for Amy and while she is not conventionally pretty within the context of the show (I think Mayim is beautiful)--Forever61, anyone?  Sheldon is noticing other women.

I could go on like if this results in Amy seeing other men and how that would really taint Shamy for me.  I need to go in with an open mind.  Not very optimistic right now.   

Well, to be fair one can know if a person is objectively attractive without having to BE attracted to them. He said that about Penny in the early seasons too, when he commented on how she was attractive and could play videogames. I mean, the writers could go totally crazy and have him suddenly hit on this Mandy woman in the next episode, but then I think it would be totally a JTS moment. Unless he's doing it on purpose to make Amy jealous, but that would be so ridiculous and cheap writing I can't believe they would go there. 

• Like 5

Well, to be fair one can know if a person is objectively attractive without having to BE attracted to them. He said that about Penny in the early seasons too, when he commented on how she was attractive and could play videogames. I mean, the writers could go totally crazy and have him suddenly hit on this Mandy woman in the next episode, but then I think it would be totally a JTS moment. Unless he's doing it on purpose to make Amy jealous, but that would be so ridiculous and cheap writing I can't believe they would go there. 

Ive said this before too Koops. Sheldon is aware that women like Penny, his sister and Lalita Gupta are attractive but he's not attracted to them at all. 

If anything Denise you should worry more about the brilliant comment as Sheldon values intelligence above all and he treats smart women like Dr. Plimpton very respectfully.

But overall I really don't think he'll do anything. He's basically hating on women right now and says a bunch of irrational things due to his pain. Sheldon gets like that when he's angry such as when he says things about wishing Amy would die.

• Like 6

Yesterday, as we got the news of the new character, I laughted like for 10 minutes in front of my laptop, I couldn't stop...I found the whole thing a complete non sense, it was so absurd that the only thing to do was laughing, and I was referring just to lenny. I don't think it will ever happen, but if for whatever reason and at any level Sheldon is involved with this girl, I think I will laugh for a whole month and, after recovering, I will scream to the world that TBBT is the best comedy ever!

Seriously, though, I don't think they will destroy the premises of the show to that point...

Edited by mirs1