[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Tensor

8 minutes ago, kerrycec03 said:

Jim always was and always will be our captain as he did call this one!!

OMG this is perfection, better than I could have every imagined their first time to be!

1. it was all his idea.  No pushing from anybody.  That is huge

2. he performed such a selfless act by forgoing the Star Wars premiere for her birthday

3. his 3 choices for her birthday were all things AMY would enjoy, not just him.  He put her first.

4. he comforts her by saying they'll get through this together.  This tears for me!

5. She isnt afraid of touching him or anything anymore and basically says they are done with contracts and crap to which he is ok with

6. nobody ran away, they enjoyed post-coital bliss

This break was needed to make this all believable and have him come to this point organically & realistically.  It was a rough road but the writers surprised us with this one.  

EPIC is the only word to describe this whole situation!!

What were the other two possible choices? 

18 minutes ago, Lionne said:

I was not necessarily pro the original cliffhanger "break" and premiere "break up," and one of the reasons why is because the writers don't plan and I was worried about how things would go astray and not necessarily add up. By the Spock episode, though, I was surprised and quite convinced that the writers were definitely making deliberate efforts to move through some very specific issues with both Sheldon and Amy.

For Sheldon, the two main issues: admitting he does have feelings and learning to cope with them like an adult, and coming to make Amy a priority, even over his work, his beloved pop culture, and even himself.

For Amy, the main issues: getting over all of the "what have I missed out on in life, what do normal people do that I missed out on" that she's carried around due to her obviously zealously, even abusively, oversheltered upbringing at the hands of her mother, and learning to appreciate who she is and who Sheldon is and that she honestly loves those things, not all of the stereotypical things she thought she was missing.

The break up ended up revealing more of those issues that they both carried, and sought to move Amy and Sheldon through them. Sometimes together, and sometimes apart, on their own, as they needed to. While it's been an awful lot of concentration on Shamy this season (and my apologies to those who are sick of the Shamy show, but hey, that's the arc this season) but I feel that there as been so much consistency and careful planning to the arc that it's like they went back and watched all of their seasons leading up to this one and then storyboarded this season out far in advance, which is a huge change from the "we never plan" attitude that they used to have. I honestly feel that they have approached their storytelling in a different way this season, and it's paid off in spades.

I've incurred the wrath of a few people by saying that Season 9 is honestly my favorite season so far since season 5. It's not just because of the emphasis on Shamy, though. Everything has been consistent and hysterically funny, light and enjoyable with the exception of the Shamy drama, and even that has been funny. There's been emphasis on Shelnard, a lot of the boys this season together, Lenny got married and they are in almost every scene together, you can just tell from how they are that they are joined at the hip now. The scene with Barry and the swordfighting was one of the funniest segments in the show's entire history. The show is making me laugh all the time, without any of the jokes being low or mean, or having members of the gang turn on each other and be mean. (Well, except Bernadette tapdancing over her husband's head, but that was still hysterical.) I love this season, it's been practically flawless, and the Shamy movement forward just caps that off.

The parallel between Sheldon and Amy breaking up because Sheldon was focused on a scifi TV show and making that a priority in his thoughts over Amy, making out and their anniversary, to end that with Sheldon putting Amy above the holy grail of Star Wars to be with her and give himself to her for her birthday shows how huge and fundamental the growth has been, and how things have changed. Obviously Sheldon won't give up his heroes or his TV or his comic books, but where they place on his list of priorities has shifted, and Amy has come out on top, which is as it needs to be for any romantic relationship to be successful. Sheldon will not lose Leonard, nor his intellect or his interests, and he doesn't have to in order to include Amy in his life. But now she's going to be his top priority, just as he has been hers for a long time. It's restored a certain equal balance to their relationship that has been lacking for too long.

"We'll find out together," might be my new favorite line with, "I've missed this." Shamy have always been best, and strongest, as a team and now they are a complete team once again. I'm also glad to finally have this sex issue settled, and this milestone passed, because it's been a long (perhaps too long) time coming. They obviously made a huge effort to convincingly bring Sheldon along to this point, as well, lacing his dialogue with sexual references and questions that would usually be far beyond him, and highlighting that he loves her and knows full well what he lost when they broke up. In short, it's all been done with painstaking care to make it believable, sweet, funny, and start making monumental shifts forward in the show.

Lenny are married. Shamy have broken up, gotten back together and had sex. Shelnard have had a lot of sweet moments. Penny has shown she wants Leonard to move in, and shown why they are putting that off "temporarily." They've hinted at babies for Howardette. This would probably be too much of a ripoff of Friends, but this season could end on a hint that one of the girls is pregnant, and leave us guessing over the summer which one of them it actually is. But I have a feeling that someone will be pregnant in the finale, Shamy will be engaged, and Leonard will finally move out and Amy might also move in.

At which point we'll all be in stunned disbelief in how much has changed and moved forward this season after YEARS of dragging this shit out, and then we'll have to ask: Where do we go from here?

Thanks for writing all this so I don't have to! Sums up my thoughts perfectly.

(Sorry, for quoting the whole thing but it's just that good.)

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Lionne said:

I was not necessarily pro the original cliffhanger "break" and premiere "break up," and one of the reasons why is because the writers don't plan and I was worried about how things would go astray and not necessarily add up. By the Spock episode, though, I was surprised and quite convinced that the writers were definitely making deliberate efforts to move through some very specific issues with both Sheldon and Amy.

For Sheldon, the two main issues: admitting he does have feelings and learning to cope with them like an adult, and coming to make Amy a priority, even over his work, his beloved pop culture, and even himself.

For Amy, the main issues: getting over all of the "what have I missed out on in life, what do normal people do that I missed out on" that she's carried around due to her obviously zealously, even abusively, oversheltered upbringing at the hands of her mother, and learning to appreciate who she is and who Sheldon is and that she honestly loves those things, not all of the stereotypical things she thought she was missing.

The break up ended up revealing more of those issues that they both carried, and sought to move Amy and Sheldon through them. Sometimes together, and sometimes apart, on their own, as they needed to. While it's been an awful lot of concentration on Shamy this season (and my apologies to those who are sick of the Shamy show, but hey, that's the arc this season) but I feel that there as been so much consistency and careful planning to the arc that it's like they went back and watched all of their seasons leading up to this one and then storyboarded this season out far in advance, which is a huge change from the "we never plan" attitude that they used to have. I honestly feel that they have approached their storytelling in a different way this season, and it's paid off in spades.

I've incurred the wrath of a few people by saying that Season 9 is honestly my favorite season so far since season 5. It's not just because of the emphasis on Shamy, though. Everything has been consistent and hysterically funny, light and enjoyable with the exception of the Shamy drama, and even that has been funny. There's been emphasis on Shelnard, a lot of the boys this season together, Lenny got married and they are in almost every scene together, you can just tell from how they are that they are joined at the hip now. The scene with Barry and the swordfighting was one of the funniest segments in the show's entire history. The show is making me laugh all the time, without any of the jokes being low or mean, or having members of the gang turn on each other and be mean. (Well, except Bernadette tapdancing over her husband's head, but that was still hysterical.) I love this season, it's been practically flawless, and the Shamy movement forward just caps that off.

The parallel between Sheldon and Amy breaking up because Sheldon was focused on a scifi TV show and making that a priority in his thoughts over Amy, making out and their anniversary, to end that with Sheldon putting Amy above the holy grail of Star Wars to be with her and give himself to her for her birthday shows how huge and fundamental the growth has been, and how things have changed. Obviously Sheldon won't give up his heroes or his TV or his comic books, but where they place on his list of priorities has shifted, and Amy has come out on top, which is as it needs to be for any romantic relationship to be successful. Sheldon will not lose Leonard, nor his intellect or his interests, and he doesn't have to in order to include Amy in his life. But now she's going to be his top priority, just as he has been hers for a long time. It's restored a certain equal balance to their relationship that has been lacking for too long.

"We'll find out together," might be my new favorite line with, "I've missed this." Shamy have always been best, and strongest, as a team and now they are a complete team once again. I'm also glad to finally have this sex issue settled, and this milestone passed, because it's been a long (perhaps too long) time coming. They obviously made a huge effort to convincingly bring Sheldon along to this point, as well, lacing his dialogue with sexual references and questions that would usually be far beyond him, and highlighting that he loves her and knows full well what he lost when they broke up. In short, it's all been done with painstaking care to make it believable, sweet, funny, and start making monumental shifts forward in the show.

Lenny are married. Shamy have broken up, gotten back together and had sex. Shelnard have had a lot of sweet moments. Penny has shown she wants Leonard to move in, and shown why they are putting that off "temporarily." They've hinted at babies for Howardette. This would probably be too much of a ripoff of Friends, but this season could end on a hint that one of the girls is pregnant, and leave us guessing over the summer which one of them it actually is. But I have a feeling that someone will be pregnant in the finale, Shamy will be engaged, and Leonard will finally move out and Amy might also move in.

At which point we'll all be in stunned disbelief in how much has changed and moved forward this season after YEARS of dragging this shit out, and then we'll have to ask: Where do we go from here?

We disagreed about stuff in the beginning of the season as you know.   But by Spock, you and I have been on the same page.   I still don't like some things about the whole arc,  but from Spock on I feel like they really hit their stride with the story.  

And as far as this episode is concerned,  what I love is that the lead up was the most important part of the story.   Not the main event.  And that says everything about how wonder Sheldon made this for her.  Every little detail. 

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, nickelette424 said:

We disagreed about stuff in the beginning of the season as you know.   But by Spock, you and I have been on the same page.   I still don't like some things about the whole arc,  but from Spock on I feel like they really hit their stride with the story.  

And as far as this episode is concerned,  what I love is that the lead up was the most important part of the story.   Not the main event.  And that says everything about how wonder Sheldon made this for her.  Every little detail. 

This is beautiful!!

omg do you guys realize in two episodes, the number of Shamy kisses doubled and then TRIPLED? 3 kisses Jon s7-8, if you exclude those before they became a couple, 3 kisses in 9x10 and 3 more in 9x11! Are we all gonna be able to survive this??

• Like 7

OMG! GUYS IS IT TRUE??!!!!! I went for my morning walk, and than came back and turned on the phone and bam! What is going on where can i read the full report whats mu name where do i live skdjfbkwndhdisnbdkwbf!!!!!!!!!!!

I have no idea how it happend but im sure is going to be ver sweet and touching, and moving, and lovely wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Im happy.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Amy Fowler said:

They're contracted till S10 but if they did end it at 9 they'd still have to pay everyone for another year.

Hmmm...moving in. But I'd quite like a Christmas proposal. What do you think?

Christmas is over.  This is the last episode Dec17th for the year

• Like 1

This first song is quite fitting.  I really like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gJ0A6rJtpE

Waking next to you, it just felt right. Born again and bathed in morning light. We were baptized in the spring of youth. And we were more alive when we came to. I've always been the type to dive right in, but until now I never found the deep end. We went swimming in the spring of youth. And we were more alive when we came to. Just let the current pull you in. Suddenly, I feel like I am whole again. Just let the current pull you in. Suddenly, I feel like I am whole again. In the spring of youth. And we were more alive when we came to. Just let the current pull you in. Suddenly, I feel like I am whole again. Just let the current pull you in. Suddenly, I feel like I am whole again. In the spring of youth. And we were more alive when we came to.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kerrycec03 said:

To those who asked as I got this info last night

After she admits she knew of his intentions he says he needs a yes. They she kisses him and he breaks and says he needs to get her to sign something from the internet and she just grabs him and he goes in and they kiss. To me this means they are beyond any contracts.

And the 3 choices for her bday were playing the harp at the philharmonic, a wool expo thingy or coitus. The obvious choice was coitus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Omg thank you!!! This sounds beyond my wildest dreams

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kelliluvtbbt said:

I'm actually amazed that they purposefully let this spoiler be known a month before it will be aired. Hmmmmm.... 

Same. But I guess with THAT news they figured they wouldn't be able to keep it quiet anyway so why not announce it themselves!? 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Amy Fowler said: They're contracted till S10 but if they did end it at 9 they'd still have to pay everyone for another year.

Hmmm...moving in. But I'd quite like a Christmas proposal. What do you think?

Christmas is over.  This is the last episode Dec17th for the year

I meant New Years but the form crash before I could edit it. I'd like Sheldon to as Amy to move in with him on New Years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kelliluvtbbt said:

I'm actually amazed that they purposefully let this spoiler be known a month before it will be aired. Hmmmmm.... 

I was amazed when I saw that too. For the unspoiled they are still broken up and even after tomorrow's episode they will just "be friends" So why tell us this is happening when there hasn't even been reconciliation yet?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, kelliluvtbbt said:

They knew it would leak right after the taping ends and probably just wanted to clear it out right from the beginning to avoid all the rumors and speculation about if they did or didn't :)

So I read Shamycoopers tumblr posts and died a little more:

When they cuddle after sex (SEX), Amy's head was on his chest and Sheldon leaned to rest his head on hers. His hand was rubbing her bare arm and squeezing it.
http://shamycoopers.tumblr.com/post/133454102889/spoilersmore-when-they-cuddled-after-sex

Edited by bluebird
can't type, too excited
  • Like 4

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic