The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Valentine's day episode is a loooooonnnnng way away

I dont want them to wait till then, needs to be by November sweeps

Yes , or before !!! 

Saw someone ask on the other thread if anyone has gone on the tour this week and knows which sets are ready for filming ? Anyone know ? 

Edited by Soopysue

I think Sheldon will hit on Mandy. Not because he's into her, 'cause he quickly changed his mind when he talked about it at the premiere, but to make Amy jealous. And, for me, it might work and accelerate the reconciliation.

Sheldon hit on another girl?  He's never flirted with Amy, well not consciously anyway, so I'm not sure he would even where to start with another girl.  It might be funny to see him  try and get it completely wrong.  Besides, as Mandy's been at Caltech for two years and has probably heard about all the things that he's done from Leonard, I highly doubt he get much of a response from her.

Edited by A Shamy gal
  • Like 1

Anyone consider the notion this a permenent break? Just asking. 

Just now and it has as much of a chance of coming true that Shenny has.

• Like 4

I still think that a girl having a crush on naive Sheldon could be fun. As long as no one purposedly tries to play the jealous card ...

I still think that a girl having a crush on naive Sheldon could be fun. As long as no one purposedly tries to play the jealous card ...

They've already done that story with Ramona and Martha...

That would be too repetitive.

Edited by Luna18
  • Like 1

If Chuck Lorre and co wanted the show to take a sort of Grey's Anatomy's "Derek is dead" and post-dead McDreamy approach... be my guest.. but good luck with that.

Most likely that article does not know anything... But for arguments sake lets say it is true. Amy gets in a bad car accident and is in the hospital. It would be a plausible way to introduce her missing family members and back story. Also when she wakes up she asks Sheldon why he is there and it is all "He has not left your side the entire time." I could get down with that story. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 8

Hi Musickat18 and Wowbagger,

first of all, thank you for reacting to my post!

I'll begin with replying to Musickat18's post and work my way down from there.

I do know you're right about it being the most stable and truthful of them all. And you're right, Musickat18, they have the best conflict-resolving-mechanism compared to the other couples on the show. I also agree that Sheldon loves Amy beyond his own comprehension and works very hard to accomodate to her needs. Maybe "one-sided" wasn't the best term I could have used. I must admit, that I was in a strange mood yesterday. I guess Amy reminded me of myself and I projected my own feelings onto her, without taking Sheldon's feelings or motivations into account. After reflecting on your words, I acquiesce to your opinion. Amy understands Sheldon better than anyone else. When Sheldon says 'I love you' or 'I really thought you were pretty', it means so much more than coming from anyone else. Because he would never say these things lightly. So yes, Amy knows that what they share is extremely intimate.

Maybe I was just coming to terms with the recent developments in the show, finding a good explanation for this madness. And to be honest, I never expected Shamy to break up either. Also, I don't want Sheldon to suffer. He is going out of his ways to be with Amy. They both deserve to be happy.

Now to your post, Wowbagger.

I do agree with you on your opinion about the last seasons. In a nutshell, if Amy is unhappy with Sheldon's way of loving her, she should leave him. And just like you, I also wished Amy would have run during several occasions in season 6 and 7, if only to safe her self-esteem. I guess I would have. Luckily Amy is different from me. Stronger and more patient. But I do believe, with Amy missing out on romantic experiences during her teenage years, she still entertains unrealistic expectations when it comes to relationships. I suppose she realized that her relationship with Sheldon would never be a conventional one. Now when she asked him for a break, I don't think she wanted to pressure him to change. Like she said, she found her relationship to be draining. I rather assume, she has to find out for herself, whether her love for Sheldon is strong enough to accept their relationship on his terms. And she will! And when she does, she'll find out that what Sheldon has to offer, will be beyond her dreams. We all know that Sheldon will be in for the whole ride, even if the quality declines.         (<-- Boy, I used the word 'relationship' a lot in this passage...People, people, people......People!)

FYI: English is not my first language and fear I'm not 100% able to convey my thought properly. I apologize for this in advance.

• Like 2

I think if Amy were to see Sheldon flirting with another girl, there would be no going back to him for her because she's going to think that as he never did with her, he was never attracted physically in the first place.

• Like 6

A new girl for Sheldon and the possibility of Amy get a car accident
Question 1: Is this really necessary?
Question 2: Is this REALLY necessary?
Question 3: COME ON, REALLY?
Question 4: Does this site has credibility?

• Like 5

Sounds like they are confusing fan fiction for taping reports....:icon_confused:

I wonder where they got this information and what are the odds of this become true.

Sounds like they are confusing fan fiction for taping reports....:icon_confused:

Yes, Vonmar, I agree with you. A lot of SHAMY fan fictions (ugly and nice) are mixed here with taping reports. I hope the writers don´t read them, because the may misinterpretated what we ,SHAMY fans, really want for our beloved couple!

• Like 3

I was being sarcastic....

Oh. You should've warned us, haha. But that's true, this site really confused fan fiction with taping reports.

Well if the writers will insist on having Sheldon flirt with someone else, whether on his own volition or out of revenge, they're doing a BIG disservice to a character they created. They "built" Sheldon as a certain character, and he was accepted/loved/liked/hated as such, then tear him down and "rebuild" him into a completely new one.

Amy was created as supposed to be the female version of Sheldon. For some reason I believe that she is supposed to be the pedantic,finicky and annoying female counterpart of Sheldon,someone supposed to be a foil to Penny, but as soon as they noticed the amazing chemistry between Jim and Mayim,Amy was rewritten in subtle ways, slowly introducing her as Sheldon's counterpart-turned-friend-turned-girlfriend.

Edited by Chelle
  • Like 1

Well if the writers will insist on having Sheldon flirt with someone else, whether on his own volition or out of revenge, they're doing a BIG disservice to a character they created. They "built" Sheldon as a certain character, and he was accepted/loved/liked/hated as such, then tear him down and "rebuild" him into a completely new one.

Amy was created as supposed to be the female version of Sheldon. For some reason I believe that she is supposed to be the pedantic,finicky and annoying female counterpart of Sheldon,someone supposed to be a foil to Penny, but as soon as they noticed the amazing chemistry between Jim and Mayim,Amy was rewritten in subtle ways, slowly introducing her as Sheldon's counterpart-turned-friend-turned-girlfriend.

Well...when Amy dated Stuart in Season 5, Sheldon indeed asked Penny out, but of course it was just to have Amy back and most likely he didn't considered it as a real "date", since he has been alone with Penny so many times and he is comfortable around her as a good friend. Flirting with a new girl now, for whatever reason,  would be completely OOC. Apart from the fact that, as you said, his character is so well determined that  something really strange has to happen to change him to this level (a coconut on his head, for example, lol...), as far as I understand from the taping report, throughout all the episode he showed his "I hate all women" side, so it will be really strange that, after having stressed it in the premiere, the writers choose so a divergent path. I hope they don't go there...

• Like 2