[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Tensor

Liked this episode.  Actually, Leonard in that outfit was hilarious.  Even though, I know the Shamy will be back, it still hurt to see and hear the anguish in Amy's voice when Sheldon said no to being her boyfriend again.  He did say that he excelled at many things but getting over her was not one of them.  But the way they ended it, you know they're not going to be  just friends much longer.

Oh poor Sheldon and Amy!  Amy wanting to be with Sheldon again, and realizing it may be too late, and poor Sheldon so scared of being hurt and any possible future loss of her that he turns her down.....his confession at not be successful at getting over her and her near tears in the tag.....GOD....!!!!!!  The love they have for each other is so beautiful.......this episode hit me right in the feels.....especially knowing what is coming!  I wanted to hug them both and tell them "Don't be sad my babies, better days are coming!"

• Like 8

Wow, Amy's tone of regret with the lines "I miss this" and "I guess sometimes I'm silly" were heartbreaking.  The tag was indeed heartbreaking and I love the shot of Amy driving, trying hard not to bust into tears as Sheldon talks about the fish.  

After watching this, I kinda wish that for the unspoiled that they could have held off on the sex info for a little longer.  That last scene was powerful and it looses some of it's power knowing that they get back together, and will even sleep together, soon.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, jenafan said:

I think there is something so special that Shamy can build intimacy on their own, that is identified as 100% them.   There's no basis for comparison, no memories of other lovers, no memories of heartbreak with anyone else or lost love.     Here are two people in their mid-thirties discovering what all their friends have known for years.   They skipped all the teenage awkwardness that comes with first time sex and made it serious, mature, and special as two adults who are nervous but determined to take the journey together.

Sheldon came prepared, and although he didn't know what to expect, he understood the destination to be achieved and the mechanics to get there.  By Amy's disheveled look and panting afterwards, it seems he came a little undone and determined.  To me this is so IC for Sheldon.   When he decides to do something, he is not some timid mouse.   He goes all in.  (another double entendre, lol.)   I couldn't be more pleased.    I think Amy has realized that all the wait for Sheldon to decide he is ready has been worth the result.   Sheldon wanted, not only to make sure that he could get past his phobias, but he wanted to be good at it, too.   

I always thought there was more to him than meets the eye, and he is not as naïve as he pretends to be.   He knew that coitus was not just about fulfilling his needs, but Amy's as well.   Clearly, his intentions were not selfish.  I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall during his conversation with Penny, and I am happy he trusted her, a woman, for advice rather than any of the guys who seem to have their own ideas of what is good in the bedroom.   

So, not only did Sheldon give Amy his genitals for her birthday, he probably outdid Gerard in the satisfaction department.   Knowing he could please Amy probably fed his ego and contributed to his enjoyment of the act.  It likely helped that Amy seems to be a very sexual woman, and she came undone with him, letting herself go.   They came to bed clothed and ended up naked.   I don't think the clothes just came flying off.   How much time did they take exploring, getting to know each other physically, etc.?  We may never know, but it's fun to imagine.

This is really a fairy tale of two people who found first love, went through hardship, but maintained it and are bound to be together for life.    For them it's not just about the sex.   From the sound of the hand-holding at the end it really seems that this further sealed their bond.   Sheldon apparently has learned that there is a benefit to feeling instead of just going through the motions.   There is satisfaction to be had, not just from the coitus but in sharing it with the right person.   Sheldon had determined in his own mind, through PP, that Amy was that person.   The results proved his decision was well founded.  

I thought for sure that he would want to make sure they were engaged before having coitus, but I cannot imagine now that it will be too far off.  As Mary Cooper stated, "They are married in the eyes of God."   Sheldon is going to make absolutely sure he never loses her again.  So, they may as well be married.

I am just so in love with how all turned out that I cannot stop coming up with different ways to comment on it.  

If the writers ever decide to put discord into Shamy again, because no relationship is without its ups and downs, I hope we can all come back to this moment and be assured that all will be okay.    I'm not blind to he fact that Sheldon is going to piss Amy off again, or vise versa, but perhaps the make ups will be whimsically inventive now that they know what to expect.

I'm siding with your husband, they're on purpose and frequent lol....

• Like 3

Take away the live audience laughing in tonight's episode, and you've got yourself a drama. So very sad. That line from Sheldon...have you slept with anyone...ouch. I almost cried at the controlled fear in his voice. Don't even get me started on Amy. She looked and sounded devastated.

• Like 5

So what now?  Will having physical proof of love (etc.) mean amy will have no problem waiting for her next birthday (or wedding night)? Will one of them push to continue indulging, and will the other resist or be grateful the other caved first? How many different fanfic scenarios can be written before TPTB answer? 

• Like 2

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic