[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

4 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

I was watching last evening some old episodes and one of the sets was Amy's apartment...I couldn't help giggling all the time!!!

Cos you know what's coming... no pun intended...

• Replies 25.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• April

• A Shamy gal

• jenafan

• Amy Fowler

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morning peeps! Let me clear up and give a more in depth shamy reportings!   There were 2 takes of the second kiss... As they finish kissing the first time round. They break apart. Sheld

Ok fellow Shamies, I typed up this report on the plane home just now. I've just landed and have another hour or so until I'll be home, but I thought I'd post this at least for you all real quick.  Sor

Oh...I thought someone has already posted a TR? No? Ok. First of all, English is not my first language, so I may have misunderstood a lot of the lines. Please forgive me if the episode turns out

Posted Images

1 hour ago, mirs1 said:

I've watched only the Shamy scenes...Bless those people in Tumbrl which post them!!! Just few things: I liked so much that Sheldon called Amy "Silly", it's the kind of thing a bf says to her gf, kind of a pet name you use when your SO says stupid stuff...I found it one of the more tender moments of the entire date! I was so sweet, so Shamy, playing stupid game, spending holidays in weird places is  their thing and nobody can take it away from them. And it's clear Amy regretted her decision, and I think the regretting started before the date itself. I like that Sheldon made all those questions so quickly, one after he other, he didn't sounded jealous, but just as he wanted to know how the hell everything happened and how he could have lost Amy at some point. The fact he wanted to know so badly if she slept with some guys is so sweet, there was no jealousy in his voice, for me, just regret and fear to know the truth.

The car scene: it was way better that I thought! The acting was amazing and I liked how Amy's voice cracked from the very beginning of it; she was not confident (as I thought she would be) that she could get Sheldon back, she knew her actions had consequences and in some sense it seems to me she half-expected a a rejection; it was a very heartbreaking scene...It's strange, on one hand I'm really happy to be spoiled, because otherwise it would have been much harder to watch; but on the other hand it feels like knowing everything has kind of weakened  the moment; but I'm very grateful to know everything already!!!!

Another thing: the editing. They did a very good job, silencing  the live audience. They are very good in general this season, they underline the more powerful moments with a stunning silence and that's for me a really good choice. But I was wondering, and I hope here Monique who was at the taping can answer, if this time they were "forced" to do that. I mean, after he rejected her,  Sheldon made kind of a joke; something at least that to me seemed a joke the writers put out there to lighten the moment a little. But it was kind of off-putting given what was happening and, at least for me, it didn't sounded right. Did the live audience liked the joke? If I remember rightly, Monique said many were just in shock for the previous conversation. I'm wondering if that's why they decided to go this route...

If I'm remembering correctly, the audience was quiet because despite Sheldon'a joke, it was a serious moment. Actually, it wasn't really a joke. It was simply Sheldon changing his answer from the game they were playing earlier that day. Sheldon was unaware that on the other end, Amy was devistated by his decision so he carried on as if they never discussed it by moving onto another subject. 

The audience did gasp in disappointment when Sheldon told her that he wanted to just be friends. I can't remember at the moment if they left that in?

Anyway, I thought the scene was well done and I just finished watching it and it turns out I do remember Lenny being in that scene. For some reason, when I got home I completely forgot about their part in that scene because I was so focused on Shamy I guess. LOL.

43 minutes ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

This one?

That's hilarious! Thank you for alerting me to its existence :) 

Haha. You're welcome.

• Like 6

I don’t even know what to say about this episode…

I said that I would hold out final judgement about Amy ‘suddenly’ wanting Sheldon back and I apologise whole heartedly to the writers for doubting them, what I gleamed from the TR was the wrong impression! The writing and Mayim’s awesome acting (God I love Mayim!) really showed why she came to that point in the car, yes she could have came at it from a better angle but she is inexperienced in situations like these.

Sheldon’s growth has been just beautiful to watch, Jim Parsons has smashed it out of the park as per usual!

BUT I am just exhausted with this story line, Shamy/Sheldon are the main reasons that I watch the show, I love them but I’m so over this break up! Yes I see now why it had to happen, yes the growth has been great to watch but I can’t deal with the angst anymore and I’m so glad that was the last of it! At least I hope that was the last of it!

tired.gif

i-cant-do-it-gif.gif

• Like 6

is it just me who thought the sweetest moment of the episode was when he called her silly??! Like, AWWWWW . It was super cute, it TOTALLY melted my heart, and Amy's reply.

They are so perfect together .

[I didn't expect much Shamy-wise from this ep, so it caught me off-guard].

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, kelliluvtbbt said:

I fully understand WHY the writers had to throw in that tag scene. Sheldon knew she had moved on by dating other men. (I'm pretty sure he was relieved to find out she hadn't slept with anyone). Anyway, Amy asking to be his girlfriend again had to happen. It made Sheldon aware of the fact that she did still want to be with him otherwise 9.10 would have never happened. He would never have had the courage to back  over there and claim her as his. His disappointment at seeing her kiss someone else when he went over there to propose was not something he  wanted a repeat of. OBVIOUSLY, it is still something that haunts him. He just needs a little time to recover. ( but when he does... OMG!) 

Amy, after 6 months and a few dates, has realized that no one has managed  to stimulate her mind as much as Sheldon does and by her comment at the aquarium about being 'silly' it shows us that she has regretted her decision. 

I commend the writers for how this whole arc was handled. 

hey thank you for writing that, it made me feel so much better!!

I loved the storyline of the whole break up all 9 episodes, right up until this tag scene. I've always defended Amy, but after that tag scene i was really shocked she just asked him to be is gf just out of the blue like that, and was really sad about it!! =(

But now that read your words it's all made sense, perhaps it was writers' way of giving Sheldon  hint it's an option, and not showing Amy's arrogance/carelessness about his feelings.. At least i'll be sticking to this version from now on, it all looks so much better this way  : D

• Like 1

Oh Amy.. that parting shot of her holding back tears...

I know this kind of opinion is unpopular in this thread, but since I read the TR for episode 11, Shamy finally having sex is kinda, well... a bit blah to me. Feels rushed and something like jumping the shark.Engagement would have more emotional.

Edited by Chelle

Before I say this, let me stress that I LOVE Amy. I don't blame her for her feelings and for breaking up with Sheldon in the beginning. There was a serious gap in their relationship, and the break could have fixed it. One thing led to another; Sheldon's lack of respect for giving her time, his comments about her eggs, her complete disgust and unwillingness to talk things out. So be it. Next thing we know, she's dating other men, and Sheldon sees one kiss her. Amy is most likely unaware of this. (although the fact Penny and Bernadette NEVER clued her in escapes me.) What I find really odd, is that Amy would just assume Sheldon would take her back after NO TALK ABOUT WHAT DROVE HER TO BREAK UP in the first place, after a nice day at the aquarium where they enjoyed each other's company. To me, it shows that she has zero understanding that Sheldon found his emotional chip; it's like she expected him to STILL be in the mindset he was in when he knocked on her door that day eleven hours later. I think it was a little uncaring (again, don't lynch me for saying that. I KNOW she loves and misses Sheldon) of her to just ask him like that, without gauging how much the last six months affected him. As he missed so many signs along the way that she changed and needed more, I think now, Amy is guilty of the same charge. She has no idea who present Sheldon is. Although, she might also be laboring under the assumption HE TOO dated. Maybe that's why Sheldon asked her if she had any questions for him. She DID think he was dating, if you recall, yet she didn't ask him. So...why not???

I really enjoyed the episode, especially the angsty feels. But there were aspects of it that I just felt were off. All in all, a good episode leading to the REALLY good stuff.

• Like 6

I rewatched the episode and really could see the growth in Sheldon, I think he is still protecting his heart because he had been so hurt and how much he had missed Amy. I saw in Amy kind of regret, she had broken up with him in a moment anger because she needed time and he was impatient. I think we forget that Amy is just as inexperienced as Sheldon but understands social situations a little better. I think she just didn't know how to fix it, then the stair scene happened and she figured he was moving on and she should too. Sorry for rambling.
 I now understand the story from 8.24 to last night.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, bluebird said:

The way Sheldon says "You mixed them" and the look he gives to Amy, it made me melt.. 

I know it was so sweet.  I also melted at his smile at the end of their Skype call when he confirmed she'd pick him up the next morning.  

• Like 4

4 hours ago, rachelshamyfan said:

Was there a preview for next episode+??

No, Rachel, there was no preview because the next new episode won't air for two weeks.

Also, someone mentioned earlier that they were a little disappointed by the conversation in the car and Amy's reaction to Sheldon's questions.  I think she was a little amused at first about the whole list thing (I can relate to his love of lists--I'm a list-maker, too), but she got a little tired of it when he was talking about the weather and listing all the temperatures for the past week and all that.

I can totally relate to him making that list in order to try to keep the conversation from getting awkward.  I have a very good friend whom I've known almost 40 years, since we were seniors in high school (yes, I'm that old!) and I've had times when I thought I was in love with him, though he just wanted to be friends.

Anyway, at one point we had something of a falling out, compounded by miscommunication, that led to us not speaking to each other for more than a year.  During that time, I got my symphony job and moved to Little Rock and he got a teaching job in American Samoa.  Then about a year after that, he sent me a birthday card and we slowly started to sort out what went wrong, in the end deciding that we still wanted to be friends, but that we were going to be nice to each other.

It was easy while we were writing letters back and forth (yes, my children, Snail Mail!), but then he was coming back to the States in the summer and I was going home for my sister's wedding, so we agreed to meet for dinner.  I was worried that I wouldn't know what to say without the safety of a written letter, where you can stop and start and erase and reword until you get your sentences just right.  What if we couldn't talk to each other without awkwardness?

We met for dinner at 6pm and ended up hanging out and talking (and moving from cafe to cafe) until 1am.

Sometimes you just feel that "click" again and everything just falls into place.

We're still just friends, doggone his butt.  Now I'm in Arizona and he's working for the foreign service in Tunisia...

• Like 6

7 hours ago, nickelette424 said:

No, Amy wasn't over the moon giddy about spending time with Sheldon and I am actually glad it didn't play out that way.  There has been an argument about her quick turn around to being so giddy and over the moon about being around him.  I think that this played out realistic.  They were both guarded around each other, for good reason.  But the awkwardness was cut with familiarity and as weird as it may have been for the them they found comfort in that.  I loved their interaction at the aquarium because it felt like them.  Sometimes Sheldon says stuff that deserves an eye roll.  That doesn't mean that she wasn't enjoying herself, it just means that Sheldon will always be Sheldon.  I repeat again, there is a certain comfort in that.  Again, I think the most important line here is Amy's, "I guess sometimes I'm silly."  I think you might have missed the point of the line.  It wasn't a response to a Sheldon insult (which I don't think it was anyway).  It was an admission of regret; an admission that she thinks she made a mistake breaking up with him.  

I do agree for the most part on you view on Sheldon's questions in the car.  He didn't want to ask, but he had to know.

I said this a lot when the TR for this episode came out; no matter how justified we may be in our actions, they have consequences and there is no guaranteed those consequences are going to go in our favor.  This was so heartbreaking for Amy, but a realistic consequence of her action of breaking up with him and then 6 months later impulsively asking him to take her back.  The tag scene was a big opportunity for growth for both of them.  Glad that we know that it more than works out for them.

Well said!  *like*   (I'm out of likes again)

10 hours ago, MJistheBOMB said:  

Yeah, I should have. LOL. If anyone has hears of a music video with a song called, "Jizz In Your Pants", someone once made a Sheldon Cooper version of it and the clips of Sheldon they selected made it really look like he was Jizzing in his pants. LOL!

Anyway, naturally I'd remember that video at this time. LOL.

This one?

That's hilarious! Thank you for alerting me to its existence :) 

Holy shit! Almost knocked my cat off the bed because I was laughing so damn hard.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I just want to say it's good to be back reading all these essays again on this Shamy thread.  I will admit to not hanging out here very often the last couple of months---it was too depressing!   One week I even forgot to read the TR until late that following evening (and it was the TR from last night's episode, more heartbreak).  It's been great reading all the positive stuff you guys have been saying about our Ship.  And Kazzie I am praying for you----both for your physical problems and your dream of living in America. :)   I am so glad that you got to see these last 2 fantastic episodes live and in person.  

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Chelle said:

Oh Amy.. that parting shot of her holding back tears...

I know this kind of opinion is unpopular in this thread, but since I read the TR for episode 11, Shamy finally having sex is kinda, well... a bit blah to me. Feels rushed and something like jumping the shark.Engagement would have more emotional.

I don't feel that.  I am excited for them in the way that they will finally experience what it is to give yourself completely to another person.  And for them, I think it is not just having sex, it's making love.  Besides, it's not make-up sex -- remember that interview where Mayim had said that when this couple reconcile, it wouldn't be like other couples on other TV shows--They make up and run into the bedroom.  When Sheldon and Amy finally consummate their relationship, it's after they have made up.  It's Sheldon's gift to her, his willingness to give of himself wholeheartedly.  

Edited by lpm

In the fencing episode, Sheldon wants to know how many licks it takes to get to the center of him.

I thought Sheldon choosing to swallow the hag fish in this episode with all the mucus/slime was interesting.  

Also the comment about preferring to choose in the game to eat something rather than marry it.

I'm not trying to be crude, here.

Were these lines chosen by the writers for a reason?  It seems Sheldon is coming to grips with things that he once found repulsive, as if he's preparing subconsciously for what happens in E9.11.    As he told Penny, he's been working on the intimacy issue.

• Like 8

On 20.11.2015 at 3:11 PM, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

After the taping report a lot of us (myself included) were very depressed about this episode and had no clue what was going on with Amy! 

This one simple, perfect little line made everything clear *heart eyes*

tumblr_ny3g7l9Jlo1rrafppo3_400.giftumblr_ny3g7l9Jlo1rrafppo4_400.gif

This, right to the feelings.. And the way she rolls her eyes a little, but with a tiny smile..

Edited by bluebird
  • Like 7

35 minutes ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

After the taping report a lot of us (myself included) were very depressed about this episode and had no clue what was going on with Amy! 

This one simple, perfect little line made everything clear *heart eyes*

tumblr_ny3g7l9Jlo1rrafppo3_400.giftumblr_ny3g7l9Jlo1rrafppo4_400.gif

I didn't remember this line from the TR and it hit me hard.  Everything Mayim does with that transition to "sometimes I'm silly" is so excellently acted.  I'm so glad I'm spoiled, because the one two punch of that scene paired with her face in the tag might have made me do something unpleasant to my tv.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, bluebird said:

I watched the episode again and just realized something. When Sheldon rejects Amy, he says: I think I need  to just be your friend, not I think I want to just be your friend. I know that at this point, knowing what future episodes are holding for us, it's kinda insignificant, but it does prove what we've been saying in here all a long. He's not over her, he wants to be more than friends, but to protect himself (and maybe Amy as well) from getting hurt again he thinks it's best if they just remain friends. Luckily we know that ain't gonna last!

I missed that thanks for pointing it out. The word choice of "need" vs "want" to be your friend does speak volumes about Sheldon's emotional struggle.  This tag scene was so hard to watch, even more then the staircase IMO.  I'm so grateful for Kazzie's TR and spoilers! It helps get through this episode knowing how awesome the next two episodes will turn out.

• Like 7

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic