• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• April

• A Shamy gal

• jenafan

• Amy Fowler

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morning peeps! Let me clear up and give a more in depth shamy reportings!   There were 2 takes of the second kiss... As they finish kissing the first time round. They break apart. Sheld

Ok fellow Shamies, I typed up this report on the plane home just now. I've just landed and have another hour or so until I'll be home, but I thought I'd post this at least for you all real quick.  Sor

Oh...I thought someone has already posted a TR? No? Ok. First of all, English is not my first language, so I may have misunderstood a lot of the lines. Please forgive me if the episode turns out

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, jenafan said:

In the fencing episode, Sheldon wants to know how many licks it takes to get to the center of him.

I thought Sheldon choosing to swallow the hag fish in this episode with all the mucus/slime was interesting.  

Also the comment about preferring to choose in the game to eat something rather than marry it.

I'm not trying to be crude, here.

Were these lines chosen by the writers for a reason?  It seems Sheldon is coming to grips with things that he once found repulsive, as if he's preparing subconsciously for what happens in E9.11.    As he told Penny, he's been working on the intimacy issue.

*LIKE*   

I picked up on those lines too and wondered the same thing especially the one in bold.  It seems Sheldon's growth included becoming comfortable with things he once thought gross or unpleasant.   

• Like 2

6 hours ago, 2L344 said:

Ok so we've seen both ends of Shamy hit rock bottom now with the viewing of 9.09...who did you feel sorry for the most (if you're able to quantify that thought)? I'm pretty torn between the two. To me Sheldon looked so out of touch in 9.08, just kind of lost. After he had his outbursts on camera he had an air of desperation about him, like the world was just caving. When he left to go to Amy's with that ring he looked both hopeful that he could fix things, but also desperate that he just HAD to fix things. When he sees the kiss he looked utterly deflated and resigned to the fact that he could no longer win Amy back. That turn and his walking away, Heartbreaking...

and then there's Amy. A lot of us had long ago concluded that Amy made a rash decision (though her reaction to continued shit heel behavior from Sheldon is understandable) when she broke up with Sheldon, and learned to regret it around the the stairwell scene. She just couldn't fix it, especially when she believes Sheldon wasn't affected much by the break up and had in fact started dating other women, something she thought was impossible. Her regret is easily seen throughout 9.09 and in a bid to reverse her break up decision she tells Sheldon she is "ready" to be his GF again. To her astonishment Sheldon is not "ready" to resume the failed relationship because he was hurt by it. In a matter of mere seconds we see a nervous Amy, who stumbled through the GF suggestion, process that she had hurt Sheldon, had underestimated him, was losing him for good, and that her rash decision months ago had consequences. In the blink of an eye her realization of the cold truth sunk in, and her reaction was heartbreaking to watch. 

Love both the characters. In the end what does it matter, I'm just curious as to what you all think if you care to weigh in...I think Amy's waterworks tips the scale for me, but only slightly.

Exactly ! (the bold part) 

Usually, I feel more for Sheldon, but in this episode Mayim blew me away.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, jenafan said:

In the fencing episode, Sheldon wants to know how many licks it takes to get to the center of him.

I thought Sheldon choosing to swallow the hag fish in this episode with all the mucus/slime was interesting.  

Also the comment about preferring to choose in the game to eat something rather than marry it.

Were these lines chosen by the writers for a reason?  It seems Sheldon is coming to grips with things that he once found repulsive, as if he's preparing subconsciously for what happens in E9.11.    As he told Penny, he's been working on the intimacy issue.

I whole heartedly believe that this is exactly what they're doing. I mean, I'm not sure specifically about the eating part lol but there's definitely a hint about, let's say, curiosity and willingness to experiment.

It's funny thinking back at the fencing episode and some people complaining that Sheldon being so fascinated by his sweat was OOC. I think we mostly chalked it up to him being a bit drunk back then. But knowing what we know now it really feels like an establishing moment showing us that he's comfortable enough after some physical activity that he doesn't immediately run off to have a shower.

• Like 8

15 hours ago, MJistheBOMB said:

Yeah, I should have. LOL. If anyone has hears of a music video with a song called, "Jizz In Your Pants", someone once made a Sheldon Cooper version of it and the clips of Sheldon they selected made it really look like he was Jizzing in his pants. LOL!

Anyway, naturally I'd remember that video at this time. LOL.

Is it weird that I keep re-watching this video. LMAO I'm in tears every time! It's too funny.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lpm said:

I don't feel that.  I am excited for them in the way that they will finally experience what it is to give yourself completely to another person.  And for them, I think it is not just having sex, it's making love.  Besides, it's not make-up sex -- remember that interview where Mayim had said that when this couple reconcile, it wouldn't be like other couples on other TV shows--They make up and run into the bedroom.  When Sheldon and Amy finally consummate their relationship, it's after they have made up.  It's Sheldon's gift to her, his willingness to give of himself wholeheartedly.  

If it's good for you then it is good for you, but lovemaking or sex is not my top basis for  "giving yourself wholeheartedly"; commitment is. Like I said, mine is unpopular, especially with all the explosion of unicorns and rainbows. The closure of the engagement thing and the will-Amy-move-in-4A would have been better for me.

Edited by Chelle

2 hours ago, jenafan said:

Were these lines chosen by the writers for a reason?  It seems Sheldon is coming to grips with things that he once found repulsive

this HAS to be on purpose

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

What on Mars are we gonna do for three weeks?!

HPwait.gif.9a5b61b5b19d733dfac91c8664fdf

If for one am glad we go into this hiatus on a high note. During the past months the two weeks waits in between TRs with all that drama and heartbreak have been hard cause at some point this thread would go bonkers and everyone was drowning in the misery of their own worst nightmares. lol

With all those neatly linked story and dialogue bits I kinda want to rewatch the whole arc so far and make note of all those little gems that made the pay off so great. Then again I think I should wait for that until after I've actually seen 9x10 and 9x11. Decisions, decisions...

• Like 9

46 minutes ago, April said:

HPwait.gif.9a5b61b5b19d733dfac91c8664fdf

If for one am glad we go into this hiatus on a high note. During the past months the two weeks waits in between TRs with all that drama and heartbreak have been hard cause at some point this thread would go bonkers and everyone was drowning in the misery of their own worst nightmares. lol

With all those neatly linked story and dialogue bits I kinda want to rewatch the whole arc so far and make note of all those little gems that made the pay off so great. Then again I think I should wait for that until after I've actually seen 9x10 and 9x11. Decisions, decisions...

I'm going to wait until 9x11 airs then I'm gonna watch 9x01 - 9x10 all the way through (in one sitting) before I watch 9x11 for the first time :bb: see the build up in it's entirety!

I'm not good at waiting, New Star Wars, New X Files, Shamy-oitus and Christmas all need to get here now! :girlwerewolf:

Edited by Einstein Von Brainstorm
  • Like 9

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic