• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• April

• A Shamy gal

• jenafan

• Amy Fowler

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morning peeps! Let me clear up and give a more in depth shamy reportings!   There were 2 takes of the second kiss... As they finish kissing the first time round. They break apart. Sheld

Ok fellow Shamies, I typed up this report on the plane home just now. I've just landed and have another hour or so until I'll be home, but I thought I'd post this at least for you all real quick.  Sor

Oh...I thought someone has already posted a TR? No? Ok. First of all, English is not my first language, so I may have misunderstood a lot of the lines. Please forgive me if the episode turns out

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

I'm going to wait until 9x11 airs then I'm gonna watch 9x01 - 9x10 all the way through (in one sitting) before I watch 9x11 for the first time :bb: see the build up in it's entirety!

I'm not good at waiting, New Star Wars, New X Files, Shamy-oitus and Christmas all need to get here now! :girlwerewolf:

I envy you for your patience Einstein! It´s already hard for me to wait 3 weeks before I get to see the next episode. As soon as 9x10 airs I´m going to watch it and rewinding  about a million times my Shamy moments, sitting on my couch, sobbing happily, with an ocean of tissues all around me.

19 minutes ago, bluebird said:

I love reading her take on of the scene, it was very interesting indeed! She felt very similar about the reason why Sheldon rejected her, he wasn't ready to open himself up to the possibility of getting hurt again. Just what we've been saying here.

"you will not be disappointed; I wasn’t!"

Oh I bet Mayim wasn't disappointed about the next episode, she's always said how much she enjoys kissing Jim :mosking:

If I were Mayim, I would fail everytime in the kissing scenes so I could kiss Jim over and over again. :icon_wink:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, bluebird said:

3 weeks to go. No new episodes, no tapings, how on earth we'll be able to wait? I'm already losing my patience. 

564f48299ca0b_idontsleep.gif.8bc7c4ce65a

giveittome.gif.cf67df5fa661b4272d3fbfe91

hiatus.gif.7f5f74aa014eeaa9db3ab32165d4e

Also I just scrolled this thread back to that time when we got the spoilers for this episode (over 200 pages btw). MAN the amount of angst and depression that was going on here! The number of sad gifs, angry gifs, drinking gifs.. I had forgotten about the crying little penguin (lmao) and how many wine gifs were posted (mostly by me). Wow. "Quite a journey" is an understatement. 

He will be back in two weeks! But this time crying for a completely different reason! 

11954676_413291288863445_7400375577460377535_n.jpg

• Like 4

Am I the only one who was feeling wild stress and tension during last episode?

Episode is stunning! Mayim excellently played regret in this phrase about "silly" (my favourite part) and heardbroken in the tag scene. But there was something that strained me ..  in the aquarium and in the car, everywhere.
"Even though they are both nervous to be together, the day goes very well" - I can not agree with this phrase, I have not noticed that the day went very well for them. 

Despite my impression of the episode (is it possible that 7 liters of coffee a day have played a role in my perception LOL), he was very strong and touching. And most importantly it was more than logical and appropriate in present plot context ! Thank God I am spoiled! 

3 hours ago, bluebird said:

3 weeks to go. No new episodes, no tapings, how on earth we'll be able to wait? I'm already losing my patience. 

564f48299ca0b_idontsleep.gif.8bc7c4ce65a

giveittome.gif.cf67df5fa661b4272d3fbfe91

hiatus.gif.7f5f74aa014eeaa9db3ab32165d4e

Also I just scrolled this thread back to that time when we got the spoilers for this episode (over 200 pages btw). MAN the amount of angst and depression that was going on here! The number of sad gifs, angry gifs, drinking gifs.. I had forgotten about the crying little penguin (lmao) and how many wine gifs were posted (mostly by me). Wow. "Quite a journey" is an understatement. 

LMAO

WHY can not I print moving gifts and carry them everywhere with me ...my answer to all the people's questions would be simply holding up a poster!

Edited by AlFisher
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

Does anyone else ever go over and take a peek at the unspoiled Shamy thread?

I want to tell people who are guessing things correctly that they are right so badly! 

tumblr_lxsm3zDe401qc8jh0o1_500.gif

I was just doing that! It's my guilty pleasure.. 

• Like 2

From rule 34 on the spoiler-free Shamy thread:

"Three weeks is a long wait for another episode. I hope they leave us with something good to finish out the year."

OH IF ONLY YOU KNEW.......

Edited by ashleyo85
  • Like 9

Still rewatching because I keep replaying and replaying the Shamy scenes.  Next epiphany: her phone call SO isn't out of left field.  At the aquarium she tells him "I MISS this."  Not, as I had somehow thought from the TR and/or watching last night "I've missed this" or "I missed this."  No, she look at him for a long moment, steels herself then confesses in a very serious voice "I miss this."  Present tense.

I have to wonder about Sheldon's response.  He looks over at her, and she looks away nervously for just a sec.  It *almost* feels like he knows exactly what she means, but I'm not totally convinced.  Then of course we get the "silly" comments.  Maybe he thought he heard it, but didn't want to hope she was actually saying what he thought she was saying, so went the funny route?  More self-protection?  There's no knowing for sure I guess.

But, man, what she says to him is a confession, made very seriously, deliberately.  She wants him to know she MISSES him.  She misses HIM.

Oh, my Shamy shipper heart.

Edited by jlove
  • Like 9

Hi all, lurked for a while but finally breaking cover. Adore all the analysis above and agree with most of it. I have also enjoyed loads of the fan fiction written by the much talented writers who post here so thank you for that.x 

The only thing I have to add from watching this last episode and the one before is that I'm loving complimentary Sheldon. He was very pleasant to the gorgeous blond scientist in the previous episode (I forgive shutting the door) and then the comment following the 'Cheerios in the glove compartment' really sealed it for me. In terms of growth, using his stunning beautiful mind to come up with witty compliments instead of the usual egocentric stuff in such moments shows to me he has learned that derogatory comments can really lead to catastrophe. The whole arc of the story is clearly, deeply thought out from 8:24 or before and with good reason. As mentioned before somewhere on this thread, Amy's over keen need to bed Sheldon was a little bit icky and the consent issue in 9:11 is the perfect resolution there and Sheldon's caustic tongue towards Amy in particular was bound to be an issue eventually. The writers are geniuses, or is it genii and, I believe, had this planned from the actual real life announcement  of the Star Wars premier date, more or less, as they had to work this into the story somehow and whoever dovetailed the idea of Stars Wars and coitus hit the jackpot. 

Edited by Listgirl
Spelling mistake. Nightmare
  • Like 8

17 minutes ago, vonmar said:

LOL...Jessica Radloff from Glamour is doing a phone interview with Mayim for an article that will come out early next week.  She posted the following Tweet...

I'm a very eloquent journalist. My first words to Mayim Bialik in our interview today: "What the hell is going on w/Shamy?!" #BigBangTheory

This is adorable! lol

I can only imagine everyone behind the scenes is having a blast with the intense public reaction to this. haha

• Like 6

1 hour ago, vonmar said:

LOL...Jessica Radloff from Glamour is doing a phone interview with Mayim for an article that will come out early next week.  She posted the following Tweet...

I'm a very eloquent journalist. My first words to Mayim Bialik in our interview today: "What the hell is going on w/Shamy?!" #BigBangTheory

I've liked also the Glamour article about 9.11

http://www.glamour.com/entertainment/blogs/obsessed/2015/11/sheldon-amy-sex-the-big-bang-theory

• Like 2

I just finished the episode and...I didn't like it at all:/ Penny and her sexy carrot were incredibly amusing but the scenes in the soup kitchen were just boring (it just looked like they needed to fit the actors somewhere) and Shamy was painful to watch.When I say painful,I don't mean it in a sentimental way,they were so awkward  that they were almost making me uncomfortable and also it was as if their chemistry had completely vanished.I suppose the writers wanted it to be like this so we will be thinking Shamy is over for good during the break,which I understand.The good thing I have to comment on once again of course is the acting,I don't want to deminish the rest of the cast but Jim and Mayim this season give me the impression that they are simply a different kind of actors,a different league if I might say.Overall,I have loved this season so far,for the laughs and the angst (even comedies need some) and I know what follows next so I am not that disappointed.I would be really confused had I not read the trs tough...

Also,I forgot to write that I didn't appreciate how Amy phrased her wish to continue her relationship with Sheldon at all.As if he would certainly be waiting for her to come back whenever she feels like it.

Edited by DoctorWhat
  • Like 1

I loved the episode. Reading all your posts makes me feel better about it, not only because the deep meaning of the scenes but the two episodes after this one. Like Sheldon, I can't wait!!!!

On the other hand, I didn't like the soup kitchen plot, felt really forced and unnecessary. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DrWackaDoodle said:

I've been thinking about that line as well. I think that at this point in the story arc, Amy saying "I just want you to be happy" could mean one of two things: 1) She's come to the conclusion that all Sheldon ever wanted with her was a relationship of the mind and it was she who forced the romantic aspects upon him. We all know the infamous lines, "all forms of physical contact up to and including coitus are off the table" and "with the understanding that nothing changes physical or otherwise..." From Amy's perspective, she had to claw and plead for any signs of affection and then all she got was scraps. She got one distracted makeout session in 5 years. She's the one that wanted the physical aspect, not Sheldon, so her "I just want you to be happy" could mean "I know you never wanted this and I forced it upon you." 

2) Amy thinks that Sheldon has moved on and is attempting to date other people. Remember, she's not privy to everything we've witnessed in the last 6 months. She has no clue how badly this hurt Sheldon. 

Good thoughts on the matter.   I also wondered if it was because she thought to pack the bag of cereal knowing he'd be hungry.

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic