• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• April

• A Shamy gal

• jenafan

• Amy Fowler

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morning peeps! Let me clear up and give a more in depth shamy reportings!   There were 2 takes of the second kiss... As they finish kissing the first time round. They break apart. Sheld

Ok fellow Shamies, I typed up this report on the plane home just now. I've just landed and have another hour or so until I'll be home, but I thought I'd post this at least for you all real quick.  Sor

Oh...I thought someone has already posted a TR? No? Ok. First of all, English is not my first language, so I may have misunderstood a lot of the lines. Please forgive me if the episode turns out

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, jenafan said:

Yes, this was heartbreaking, and for those who had not been spoiled, they probably thought the same thing as Sheldon.    They probably assumed she had and just didn't want to break it to him.   The writers did their job in creating the suspense, and again, good acting on the part of Jim and Mayim.

I thought it was interesting that in the beginning Sheldon was doing all the talking and it irritated him that Amy was making him do all the work on the discussion front.   Clearly he wants interaction.   He's tired of being alone with his thoughts and listening to himself talk.   Another sign of maturity on his part. 

I loved that he acknowledged, too, that there were still things he didn't know about her, like having an aunt in Bakersfield.   Sheldon was probably thinking, I've been to Bakersfield.   What a small world.

I don't think Amy's hesitation was that she didn't want to reveal.   She was caught off guard by the change in direction and demeanor of the conversation and that Sheldon got right to the point about what he really wanted to know.  Coitus is not something that they have really discussed, and for him to be so blunt not only about knowing that she's been seeing other men, but her intent with them made her uncomfortable.    It probably hurt her to confirm that she had dated because she regretted it and was likely worried about how he would respond.   

The old Sheldon would have chastised her for even attempting to date, but he showed no jealously at all.   He just wanted to know and assumed he already knew the answer and was preparing himself to hear it out of her own mouth.

"Are you doing all right?"  I think she was not only concerned with how he has been since the break up, but how he was feeling in that moment after her revelation.

One line confused me:

I really don't know what she was getting at by telling Sheldon that she just wants him to be  happy.   Clearly he has not been, and she didn't seem to want to fix it sooner.   However, he told her that he believes her, not that he is.    Why does Sheldon believe she wants him to be happy after what they've been through?  Maybe someone can expound upon that because the line confused me.   Is it because she offered to go to the aquarium with him?

Yes to the bold part, that's what I meant earlier when I posted that she didn't seem to like having to give the answers she had to give.  I noted also the terminology she chose.  Sheldon said he knew she had been "seeing other MEN."  She doesn't use the word men, she says "people."  Twice.  I feel like the term "seeing other people" feels somehow softer or something than "seeing other men."   Maybe that's just me, but I also know how the writers are with word choice, so...

As for the "I want you to be happy," this has been niggling at my brain, too.  I feel like this is maybe the start of Amy's apology for what she put him through?  I think she's gotten inklings from the others that he hadn't been doing so well.  Maybe she even started asking about him.  She's clearly remorseful as we've discussed.  I think she now feels truly bad not just at the fact of the break up, but maybe for how she treated him (not her reactions to the stupid things he did, of course, there was some truly righteous anger there as discussed), but more the total lack of communication.  After thinking it all over to the point that she wants him back you have to know she's gone over all their interactions in her head and her Sheldon-sense had probably finally kicked in and maybe she's realized just how lost he felt.  I think she loves him and truly does want him to be happy, (of course while really hoping that bring with her is what will do it.)

As for him saying "I believe you," hmmm, not sure.  I think maybe this is more of his maturity.  He no longer thinks she was just being ridiculous leaving him, or that she was just trying to hurt him.  He's grown, he knows he gave her good reasons to have issue with their relationship.  Maybe him saying he believes her is him deciding he is going to trust her again (opening up to being friends.). He is deciding that he'll trust her words, even though if you had asked him that morning if she wanted him to be happy he might have said "No" or "I don't know."

Thoughts?

• Like 8

3 hours ago, cutiepie said:

I've seen the episode again
and I know that many here think this moment for Amy is the equivalent to when Sheldon saw Amy with Dave. But I disagree

This moment can only compare to the skype call of ep.8.24
the abrupt interruption, the way they react to the news and just say "OK" and the shock/pain in their faces.

acc.png.3e501e50acdcc02c08ee55f889bbe8dfssc.png.c7df73c31a0257423427553bd9cd75f8

They both assumed that the other had moved on (the moment in the hallway and when he went to propose) and decided to say nothing about their feelings. But those feelings doesn't disappear so easily.

I think it was necessary that Amy said she missed what she had with Sheldon, somehow shows that still loved him despite all .... like Sheldon when he was ready to leave all this behind in the Spock episode, making the reconciliation in the next episode possible and believable.

oh my god, their faces... exactly the same... 

that's heartbreaking! 

• Like 3

So will we get Meamaw now?

One can hope, we got pretty much everything we wanted to far :p Obviously engagement is the next step, maybe not in the next episode but 200th or season finale.

So yeah a bit of meeting Meamaw would be great :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jenafan said:

Yes, this was heartbreaking, and for those who had not been spoiled, they probably thought the same thing as Sheldon.    They probably assumed she had and just didn't want to break it to him.   The writers did their job in creating the suspense, and again, good acting on the part of Jim and Mayim.

I thought it was interesting that in the beginning Sheldon was doing all the talking and it irritated him that Amy was making him do all the work on the discussion front.   Clearly he wants interaction.   He's tired of being alone with his thoughts and listening to himself talk.   Another sign of maturity on his part. 

I loved that he acknowledged, too, that there were still things he didn't know about her, like having an aunt in Bakersfield.   Sheldon was probably thinking, I've been to Bakersfield.   What a small world.

I don't think Amy's hesitation was that she didn't want to reveal.   She was caught off guard by the change in direction and demeanor of the conversation and that Sheldon got right to the point about what he really wanted to know.  Coitus is not something that they have really discussed, and for him to be so blunt not only about knowing that she's been seeing other men, but her intent with them made her uncomfortable.    It probably hurt her to confirm that she had dated because she regretted it and was likely worried about how he would respond.  

The old Sheldon would have chastised her for even attempting to date, but he showed no jealously at all.   He just wanted to know and assumed he already knew the answer and was preparing himself to hear it out of her own mouth.

"Are you doing all right?"  I think she was not only concerned with how he has been since the break up, but how he was feeling in that moment after her revelation.

One line confused me:

I really don't know what she was getting at by telling Sheldon that she just wants him to be  happy.   Clearly he has not been, and she didn't seem to want to fix it sooner.   However, he told her that he believes her, not that he is.    Why does Sheldon believe she wants him to be happy after what they've been through?  Maybe someone can expound upon that because the line confused me.   Is it because she offered to go to the aquarium with him?

I'm fairly convinced that his fixation on this point in bold is because somewhere down the line in season 8 and so I suspect before the break up he had decided he was ready to have sex with her. Her virginity, given his, was probably a major factor here in this decision and previously would not be a matter of debate.  

I think this for two reasons:

1) lesserly: germ/std's phobia

2) majorly: he is a romantic at heart and really has convinced himself that it will all be fine, interms of expectation and performance, if they are both on the same page or both 'taking the journey together' . 

If she had already taken that step then this is likely to affect him both consciously and subconsciously. And from what we know about 9:10 and 9:11 his subconscious plays a very important part in his decision making. Her virginity is key to him losing his/theirs? 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Arduina said:

So will we get Meamaw now?

One can hope, we got pretty much everything we wanted to far :p Obviously engagement is the next step, maybe not in the next episode but 200th or season finale.

So yeah a bit of meeting Meamaw would be great :)

I think she'll make an appearance in their wedding at the latest. I would LOVE to meet Shelly's famous meemaw :)  

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, bluebird said:

I think she'll make an appearance in their wedding at the latest. I would LOVE to meet Shelly's famous meemaw :)  

Simply because that it would be expected to have Sheldon's meemaw at his wedding but the writers like to surprise, I have a feeling we might at the very least get a glimpse of her before that. 

• Like 3

We finally got sex and haven't witnessed it AND you all are already moving on to the next goal?!?!  :-)

Do you think the Sheldon discussed the weather for the past six months of their separation?  I do!!

• Like 4

Okay I usually don't come to this thread, but on my way to work this morning, the song "Feels Like The First Time" came on the radio.  I'll give you a clue as to the first thing that came to my mind when I heard it, it wasn't the fact that the song was by Foreigner:icon_wink:

Edited by meka3000
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Listgirl said:

I'm fairly convinced that his fixation on this point in bold is because somewhere down the line in season 8 and so I suspect before the break up he had decided he was ready to have sex with her. Her virginity, given his, was probably a major factor here in this decision and previously would not be a matter of debate.  

I think this for two reasons:

1) lesserly: germ/std's phobia

2) majorly: he is a romantic at heart and really has convinced himself that it will all be fine, interms of expectation and performance, if they are both on the same page or both 'taking the journey together' . 

If she had already taken that step then this is likely to affect him both consciously and subconsciously. And from what we know about 9:10 and 9:11 his subconscious plays a very important part in his decision making. Her virginity is key to him losing his/theirs? 

Yes.   I have always thought this myself and posted similar opinions immediately after the break up.  

I got so much flak for stating my opinion that, if she had given herself to another man, there would likely be no chance ever that Sheldon would take that step with her.   It was never meant to be an insult to Amy or to imply that she didn't have a right to.    However, I was stating that if she did go that route, that she'd likely be giving up her chances of ever having a sexual relationship with Sheldon.   

Her virginity was key to him giving up his for the reasons you've already stated.    I think he has made this very clear by his subtle accusations and questions on the matter.

Edited by jenafan
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, April said:

OMG Did they sit her down and ask what shenanigans she's game for??? WHAT IS GOING ON? If that means more bedroom adventures with Shamy: Dear lord, have mercy on us! O_o

I doubt she knows exactly what they've got planned, but you're right and they may have sat her down and asked if she would be comfortable doing this or that?  I would imagine they asked Jim too.

Edited by A Shamy gal
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, April said:

OMG Did they sit her down and ask what shenanigans she's game for??? WHAT IS GOING ON? If that means more bedroom adventures with Shamy: Dear lord, have mercy on us! O_o

It will be tame compared to the shenanigans Shamy get up to in my head.... but I'll keep that to myself.  :wink:

15 minutes ago, notchinc said:

That's a good question.   I'm thinking it's a misspeak.   I don't think Mayim knows what the writers have planned several months in advance unless they have discussed these things with her to prepare her for what's coming.

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic